• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Either my bank or the CC company fucked up and now I missed the first shipment. New date: April 4th.

FML

Oh shut up. You have to wait 27 hours, I have to wait 20 days.

CMvBL.png

Happy iPad day.

Can't wait to get mine soon!

In 20 days!

So I went to work today, checked my Outlook inbox and did the ritual cleaning, deleted all the spam etc. Under those E-Mails was an "urgent" mail from a piss small local retailer. I deleted it without even reading it, but when I selected the mail, I saw that it had something to do with the new iPad. So I went back to the deleted mails and read it.

"New iPad available today!"

Called them, did a reservation, gonna pick it up in an hour or two.

Kinda funny how that goes.

LCfiner

I remember for my old 3gs i had to go through 5 iphone to get one without this yellow (like warm) screen. Maybe different manufacter when apple will have a lot of stock ill change this one (ipad 3 i got)

Yeah, with the ipad 3 launch, only sumsung is making screens so they should all have the same color temp. I haven't heard of any rumors of additional manufacturers down the line but if they do show up, you may or may not have varying color temps to work with.

mrkgoo

I remember for my old 3gs i had to go through 5 iphone to get one without this yellow (like warm) screen. Maybe different manufacter when apple will have a lot of stock ill change this one (ipad 3 i got)

You're adhering to an age old tradition of screens being too blue. What you think is a nice display is actually far too cool.

Admittedly, though, cooler screens appear brighter.

The last iPad 2 I had seemed to have a slightly cooler screen, and I must admit I preferred it to the previous warmer ones I went through... but I'm not too concerned.

Finally on this.

hmmm something impressions

I'm doing dictation screen is much better for fonts

For the photos I don't exceed think ..

Not sure if it's worth upgrading to from2... and I haven't really tested very much

the weight could be an issue

Screen is fantastic for text looks great

Add

Seems to be chugging when I'm browsing the forum

Can anyone suggest things I do to test the iPad ...seems alright

mandiller

This screen is awesome and I'm really pleased to see Early Edition 2 already updated for retina. I love it. Here's some non-compressed screengrabs of it running:

(click to go to the full size images)

And one of Real Racing 2 in retina glory:

f@luS

More than a member.
You're adhering to an age old tradition of screens being too blue. What you think is a nice display is actually far too cool.

Admittedly, though, cooler screens appear brighter.

I dot know. What white is just yellow is it true? White wall in real > photo with ipad > yellow wall

Old habits fault?

Hey,

how do you upload videos somewhere for easy viewing? Um, new ipad is slower at pdfs. I just did a side by side. Swiped and the new ipad takes a couple of seconds to get to the new page.

MasLegio

Banned
Hey,

how do you upload videos somewhere for easy viewing? Um, new ipad is slower at pdfs. I just did a side by side. Swiped and the new ipad takes a couple of seconds to get to the new page.

that is not good, not good at all. A couple of seconds is an eternity when you use pdfs for studying and reference browsing.
Hopefully GoodReader will release an update that makes it much better than apples poor excuse for pdf reader.

elfinke

So as expected, using this thing while charging it is nearly out of the question. I'm reading a book in iBook while it's plugged in, and it's been stuck at 29% for quite some time now.

DAT BATTERY.

Worth it though :)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Hey,

Seems to be chugging when I'm browsing the forum

Not good :(

This benchmark shows iPad 3 has relatively same performance as iPad 2. Seems like it's a big upgrade from iPad 1, but if I were an iPad 2 owner, I wouldn't bother upgrading

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XFdT3b8cpw

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Never mentioned it, but the Walmart I went to yesterday only got very specific models...and didn't have the one I wanted.

They had about 20 total, with 16GB WiFi models representing the lot of them. Then from 32GB to 64GB they only had LTE models in black...but only on AT&T.

I was potentially willing to compromise with the black iPad...but to get an AT&T LTE model was just not going to happen.

Waiting for my originally ordered 32GB White to show up now. FedEx tracking still claims its an hour away at a sorting facility since yesterday at 3PM. I'm going to hope that's just the site not updating.

RubxQub

that's actually a disaster.

I have no idea why anyone would trust a video that is using some 3rd party app that almost certainly hasn't been updated to support the iPad 3 as their test.

Use iBooks, and if this happens there then we've got a problem.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Never mentioned it, but the Walmart I went to yesterday only got very specific models...and didn't have the one I wanted.

They had about 20 total, with 16GB WiFi models representing the lot of them. Then from 32GB to 64GB they only had LTE models in black...but only on AT&T.

I was potentially willing to compromise with the black iPad...but to get an AT&T LTE model was just not going to happen.

Waiting for my originally ordered 32GB White to show up now. FedEx tracking still claims its an hour away at a sorting facility since yesterday at 3PM. I'm going to hope that's just the site not updating.

Posted a few pages back, but this is exactly what happened at my Walmart last night. Multiple people left empty handed.

qwerty2k

16 Mar 2012 11:34:13 MILTON Receiver not home. Follow up action underway.

My mother shall have hell tp pay when i get hold of her :mad: :)()

RubxQub

Posted a few pages back, but this is exactly what happened at my Walmart last night. Multiple people left empty handed.

Shame...I wasn't particularly bummed because I knew I had one on the way still anyways...but I kind of definitely want the LTE Verizon model now.

Think I'm going to have to play the "watch the restocking" with Apple/Verizon stores and jump on one within the 14 day return window or something.

...or just convince myself again that I don't need LTE and can just wait for the iPhone 5's LTE tethering plans.

Top Bottom