• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Seems to be mixed reviews here. For someone who's never owned an iPad, is it worth to go with the new one or get an iPad 2 that would be a lot cheaper? I still have a week to make up my mind. But it's so weird reading how some people think the screen is beyond amazing and some think the difference is barely noticeable...

Is it a 50 50 split

Seems to be mixed reviews here. For someone who's never owned an iPad, is it worth to go with the new one or get an iPad 2 that would be a lot cheaper? I still have a week to make up my mind. But it's so weird reading how some people think the screen is beyond amazing and some think the difference is barely noticeable...

Having used it just a little bit I think that the photos it isn't so apparent but for the text it really is very crisp and quite fantastic

But it all really depends and how much you can save by getting a iPad2

I've yet to play any games on this

It is really nice to be able to hold the iPad about you at arms length and be able to read all the text /dictated

Vyer

Damn, would AT&T lte be that bad? Was thinking about switching mine after that Tested podcast. I read that it was fast, just not rolled out to as many cities.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

Best way to tell is to go see them in person. I might swing by the Apple store late today and check it out. Hopefully all the fanboys will have retreated by then

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Already there are people jumping down the throats of people who aren't absolutely enamored with and worshiping their new iPad. And I bet these people don't even have the new iPad.

Give me a break.

Nugg

Mine just came in! Yay! I'm afraid to open it, I don't want my filthy coworkers to touch it. I'm waiting to come home tonight. Excited!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Already there are people jumping down the throats of people who aren't absolutely enamored with and worshiping their new iPad. And I bet these people don't even have the new iPad.

Give me a break.

didn't you post this last page

edit: nevermind it was edited away

ElyrionX

Saw it at a store today. The screen is very impressive and is a very clear step up from the previous iPads. It's making me very tempted to upgrade from my iPad 1. If iOS 5.1 had not fixed the biggest issue I had with the iPad 1 (constant crashing of Safari), this decision would be a lot easier.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Battery pretty much refuses to charge whilst the screen is on.
Although I'm using my old charger, is it the same as the new one?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Just got back from Meadowhall. We were the first 10 in, so did the high-five/cheer run, which I missed last time. It was surreal! But the staff were excellent and full of energy, and now I can GO TO SLEEP!

But I had to change the lockscreen first :)

ipadlock.png

Cobano

Neo Member
Having used it just a little bit I think that the photos it isn't so apparent but for the text it really is very crisp and quite fantastic

But it all really depends and how much you can save by getting a iPad2

I've yet to play any games on this

It is really nice to be able to hold the iPad about you at arms length and be able to read all the text /dictated

I could easily save 150-200$ if I went for the iPad 2 instead of the new one. But that retina display, I wonder how good it is (If it's almost as big of a difference as it was for me to go from a 3GS to my 4S it's a no brainer). I've used an iPad 2 previously and honestly the resolution did bother me.

vehn

Question to those who went to Best Buy:

When they passed out the tickets, they said you had to choose ATT or Verizon (meaning the 4G version). Does Best Buy only have the 4G version there, or do they also have the WiFi?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just got back from Meadowhall. We were the first 10 in, so did the high-five/cheer run, which I missed last time. It was surreal! But the staff were excellent and full of energy, and now I can GO TO SLEEP!

But I had to change the lockscreen first :)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/jillsandwich/ipadlock.png[/IMG]

ok

JBuccCP

I'm going to be working all day today, thought I'd do the pre-signature thing and have it left at my door. Not really concerned about theivery but of course it's pouring down rain. Guess I'll wait til tomorrow.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
My iPad can teleport. Went from one sorting facility to the other without any travel step!

Fucking this isn't going to show up until forever from now, I can tell already.

Spacebar

I feel like the popular kid at school today. Everyone at my work is calling me and asking when my ipad is coming in because they want to see it. lol

so jealous of everyone getting an ipad today. may risk the apple store later to look at/swoon over/cry on the new screen. if i find £600 on the way there i'm buying one, don't you dare test me fate.

I could easily save 150-200$ if I went for the iPad 2 instead of the new one. But that retina display, I wonder how good it is (If it's almost as big of a difference as it was for me to go from a 3GS to my 4S it's a no brainer). I've used an iPad 2 previously and honestly the resolution did bother me.

if you don't have the 2, I'd get the 3. The display panel is amazing. There is no question. Other than that; I've now put it down and don't feel a need to play with it. Its something I've had for ages (1+2+3).

The HDness of the panel isn't so apparent in photos but VERY with text. If ipad resolution bothers you, I'd get the 3. I can still go to 2 and it still looks good to me.

MercuryLS

Banned
if you don't have the 2, I'd get the 3. The display panel is amazing. There is no question. Other than that; I've now put it down and don't feel a need to play with it. Its something I've had for ages (1+2+3).

The HDness of the panel isn't so apparent in photos but VERY with text. If ipad resolution bothers you, I'd get the 3. I can still go to 2 and it still looks good to me.

I wanted to love the iPad 2 but the resolution wasn't there for reading. Considering that I'm reading most of the time on my iPad I just didn't cut it, iPhones retina had spoiled me. I don't know how I'm going to go back to browsing on the MacBook air now.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'd be interested to find out if there's anyone with proper glasses who DOESN'T find the screen impressive

My mom has LASIK corrected vision and doesn't find a Pioneer Elite Kuro to be that impressive. I didn't hype up retina display, so I am VERY curious if she will be impressed by the iPad 3 screen today

I think some people with normal vision either are not that discerning or don't care that much. After all, there's still so many people using a HDTV with composite cables

NekoFever

Mine just got here. Taking an age to restore from iCloud on my parents' 1.5Mbps connection, but I brought my laptop to save downloading what I can.

My iPad can teleport. Went from one sorting facility to the other without any travel step!

Fucking this isn't going to show up until forever from now, I can tell already.
Mine should be here within the next couple hours... I HOPE!

Mar 16, 2012 7:48 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
NEW CASTLE, DE

I plan on using my iPhone backup and restore it on the new iPad. I want to transfer all my apps and save progress. This is possible, right?
I've done it from iPod Touch -> iPhone but want to make sure there's no issues going from iPhone -> iPad

Vyer

My mom has LASIK corrected vision and doesn't find a Pioneer Elite Kuro to be that impressive. I didn't hype up retina display, so I am VERY curious if she will be impressed by the iPad 3 screen today

I think some people with normal vision either are not that discerning or don't care that much. After all, there's still so many people using a HDTV with composite cables

moms never seem impressed by HDTV. :(

MercuryLS

Banned
Mine's hanging out in Concord, ON which is like 35 minutes from my neck of the woods. DEPART ALREADY!

Same here, there's no confirmation on the delivery but it should be today. Weird thing is that my Apple TV is in Concord as well and has a delivery date of today.

Spacebar

OK.. where do you work? I'm about 20 mins from Sandston too and I want to see that sucker.

I work near the intersection of 95 and 295 on East Parham. It went to the Mechanicsville facility which is like 5 mins from my work and was put on the truck there. I always see a bunch of Fedex trucks rolling out in the morning if I go to McDonalds before work.

The question is are they going to drop it off when they start their run or wait until they're almost done and drop it off on the way back.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Saw it at a store today. The screen is very impressive and is a very clear step up from the previous iPads. It's making me very tempted to upgrade from my iPad 1. If iOS 5.1 had not fixed the biggest issue I had with the iPad 1 (constant crashing of Safari), this decision would be a lot easier.

I think I sold my iPad 1 before 5.1 came out, so I'm looking forward to the new one. I think its a good bump from iPad 1 - retina plus speed

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
fantastic - Reeder, Readability, the NYTimes and NBA Game Time Courtside have all been updated overnight with Retina graphics.

now the long wait for UPS...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn, can't find my mac keyboard and mouse. Need it to restore my iPad. I'm so used to using my previous iPad as a virtual desktop I'm now stuck without it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Out on the truck for delivery an hour ago...FUCK! It may get here by 11AM afterall... come on you fuckers!

Top Bottom