• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

LCfiner

you’re not kidding. the ipad has a 43 w-hr battery and the 11” macbook air has a 35 w-hr battery. the 13” model has a 50 w-hr batter.

the ipad battery is a monster.

edit: also, I’m now at home waiting for the UPS truck like a loon

holy shit, as soon as i wrote that, I got up and saw the truck outside the window. it’s across the street.

eff yeah

edit: and the truck just passed by and dint; stop at this building, lol. I guess it’s on a different truck.

I’m gonna close my blinds, i think.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Someone can correct me if it's been updated, but I believe in past versions, if you have more than 3 dead pixels you can take it back for a new one.

You can take it back for any reason. They have 14 day no questions asked return policy.

bob page

Does anyone know what this means?

I am at work so I filled out the pre-sign for delivery form and put it on my door (covered that thing in tape to make sure it wouldn't fall off) and checked my tracking and saw:

Mar 16, 2012 8:36 AM
Delivery exception
ANN ARBOR, MI
Future delivery requested

Sounds like it got misdelivered or put on the wrong truck, which means it'll prolly take another day to get to you.

kaskade

Anyone take any pictures with it yet? Not that I'm going out with my iPad to take pictures of stuff I'm kind of curious how it looks.

I can imagine it being nice for "oh man my dog/cat is doing something cute and I need to tak a picture now" pictures.

R2D4

Banned
Bah I won't get mine until Wednesday. I should have just ordered it the day of the keynote instead of waiting for my wife's approval. I knew she would give in eventually.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
My white 32 GB iPad finally arrived from FedEx!

IhIQS.jpg

MY PRESSCIOUSSSSSS....

Device gets warmer in use than the iPad 2. Using the device for about 20 minutes straight since I pulled it out of the box - restoring from iCloud, watching some videos, reading news in NYTimes and the lower back of the device is warmer to the touch than it would be on the last gen iPad. Most likely the larger battery at work.

Worth pointing out.

Saw the FedEx pull up to the neighbor's crib.

Put on my shoes to greet him at the door as the next stop.

He kept driving.

My pistol is ready. Shall I pursue? That sommbitch will not get away with my iPad.

nofi

Mine doesn't charge with the supplied cable at all, and an older cable (from my iPhone 4) only works if you wiggle it.

Guess it's going back to the shop tomorrow.

MasLegio

Banned
Does anyone know what this means?

I am at work so I filled out the pre-sign for delivery form and put it on my door (covered that thing in tape to make sure it wouldn't fall off) and checked my tracking and saw:

Mar 16, 2012 8:36 AM
Delivery exception
ANN ARBOR, MI
Future delivery requested

lazy driver or they just realized they could not deliver to all customers and did a sneaky thing to not have it hit back on them as a missed delivery. Or just user error at the site.

Future delivery requested means that either the shipper or the customer has requested the delivery to be made later on another date. Call UPS customer service.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Saw some videos on youtube showing that the ipad 3 is slower than the 2? Slower and heavier! Maybe I shoulda ordered the one.

At least apple got the supply issue fixed.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Target only had 64GB ones and 32GB 4G left. They said they didn't get many wifi ones and no white ones. Wish my lunch break was longer then 30 mins so I could hit the Apple store :p Will try later.

kinggroin

Banned
so I went to Verizon this morning at 6 am.. I was first there.. (before the employees.. who got there at 7 am).. at 8.. I'm told "all of our 64 GB ipads are spoken for.. sorry".. come to find out they took names down on a list earlier in the week.. so there was absolutely no point to going there early..

I settled for a 32 (which was already spoken for, but the person was a no-show).. and went to get breakfast.. on a lark, I went to best buy.. saw a pretty big line.. (about 9:20).. decided to stand in line for a bit.. about 10 minutes after I got there, they came out with a bunch of envelopes on a cart.. claim tickets..

I was (easily) able to get a 64 GB Verizon claim ticket.. so I decided to kill time by going to return the 32GB that I had purchased an hr and a half ago..

it took Verizon 20 minutes to do the return and they tried to charge me a $70 restocking fee for an UNOPENED ipad!

What a shitty company.. I always feel like I'm leaving a used car dealership when I walk out of a Verizon store. It makes me glad that I'm not a Verizon customer for cell service.

How does having shitty in-store restocking policies equate to them being a shitty cell provider? Most big brick and mortar stores have the same policy , but can flex a bit in situations like yours.

Verizon is a shitty company, but the least worst overall as far as cell providers go in the us.

using my bluetooth keyboard case right now, it's just like a laptop lol, love it!

Modern combat 3 plays so smooth compared to the sub 20fps my 4g touch gives, theipad speaker is better then I expected too, I can actually hear bass!

Decisions, decisions... I want to get an iPad when it comes out next week (I'm in Spain, it doesn't come out until the 23rd here), but I'm not sure which model to get. I thought it'd be enough with the 16G model since I don't really carry many movies or music around, but with news of apps taking up double the storage space now I don't know what to do... :S

MasLegio

Banned
If you have not requested future delivery call customer support immedeately and ask why it has recieved that exception. If they get enough complaints they might do late deliveries to dissatisfied customers or even do saturday delivery. Otherwise you will have to wait until monday.

Another distant possibility is that someone has done a future delivery request in your name and is trying to snag it in some way.

Does anyone know when preorders for March 23 will begin? (sweden)

MasLegio

Banned
Decisions, decisions... I want to get an iPad when it comes out next week (I'm in Spain, it doesn't come out until the 23rd here), but I'm not sure which model to get. I thought it'd be enough with the 16G model since I don't really carry many movies or music around, but with news of apps taking up double the storage space now I don't know what to do... :S

if there was a zombie apocalypse....
wouldnt you be happier if you had chosen the larger model?

I know Denzel Washington would have been pissed if he survived the disaster with only a minimum size ipod.

uyggg come on fedex guy!

tracking now says delivery by 10pm! 10pm? WTF!!!!!!

I will be long gone from work by then :(

Yikes. That better not happen to me. Mine is being delivered to my office, which is about 45 min from my house. I'm not staying late on a Friday to wait for a package.

Top Bottom