• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

about 30 minutes of trying apps and the battery dropped about 6%, so good.

I'm not too worried about the long charge times, every day I spend about 4 hours charging my phone before leaving to get to work, and I work for 5-7 hours a day so my ipad can charge up over those hours no sweat.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Using mine to watch March Madness right now.

429357_10101393932355200_1909144_69227659_1274984280_n.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
FYI FedEx people, a "Delivery Exception - Future Delivery Requested" just popped up on my tracking even though the iPad is in my city out for delivery. I called and the FedEx person said Apple did this to allow for a later delivery (mine says 5:30pm now) because of volume, but that the package will still be here today.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
if it says exception there is a high chance you wont get it today.

If they are on the ball you will get it.

Shouldn't be using password managers that store passwords.
Email should be IMAP, and thus no need for a restore.
Dropbox will auto-sync all of your stuff anyhow.

Your other points are valid though. Still, I totally agree with the idea of starting fresh.

1passwords got 128bit encryption. And is synced to Dropbox/mypc.

sounds like lines at the stores weren't bad? I wonder if I could just go to an Apple Store or Best buy this evening and just grab one no hassle

GTI Guy

FYI FedEx people, a "Delivery Exception - Future Delivery Requested" just popped up on my tracking even though the iPad is in my city out for delivery. I called and the FedEx person said Apple did this to allow for a later delivery (mine says 5:30pm now) because of volume, but that the package will still be here today.

Did your delivery date change to 03/17 or is it still 03/16?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
sounds like lines at the stores weren't bad? I wonder if I could just go to an Apple Store or Best buy this evening and just grab one no hassle

Last page of this thread someone posted their store said they have enough to last the weekend. Store near me told me the same.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So you're saying my package ain't coming until Monday?

RAGE INCREASING

I'm assuming that just like the original iPad launch, they'll extend delivery hours until 10pm~midnight and have deliveries tomorrow

At least that's what they did in Canada (where Saturday delivery is incredibly rare)

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Is it just me or does Infinity Blade II actually perform better post update?

Real Racing ran like ass...but Infinity Blade is buttery smooth for me right now.

After watching my delivery status all week, I was just informed that mine got delivered just now.

Now the journey to the end of the work-day resumes. Slowly...

subrock

not to add to the chicken little launch day panic but shouldn't my ups status say out for delivery? All I have is a destination scan in my city. (canadian btw, UPS up here not fedex)

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Modern Combat 3 actually seems to perform better than I remember as well... a little noticeably polygonal now, but seems to be running better at least.

Did you guys get Real Racing to actually run well? That thing ran like a piece of shit for me (never play it so I can't say if it's better or worse)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I got the delivery exception too. Mine still says the 16th but it used to say by like 4:30pm and now it says 7:59pm. It's driving around in Lake Oswego for some stupid reason.

Crovax33

So my girlfriend just picked up an iPad 3 at AT&T because she needed a phone and she could get the subsidized price by bundling the two.

She was going to sell it either to me or someone out there who wants an iPad.

Should I buy it from her? The only reason I see to own this thing is for watching movies on planes. Can you guys give me a quick few ideas on what I might use it for?

I run a small business but I don't do much traveling (maybe 3-4 flights a year). I also own a laptop, a desktop, and a rooted android phone. Am I someone who would even benefit from having an iPad?

kagete

Got my 3 orders in! Whoooo I hate itunes (on PC) even more now! Trying to set this up and walk my mom through the steps is like dragging my balls and ass thru broken glass. I guess i'm just ignorant because I've been using Zune since it first came out.

I was going to place a pre order but decided to take my chances on waltzing into my local independent Apple retailer on launch day. Got there just as they were opening their doors, waited for 5 minutes in line and I was done. I got home within an hour and still had time to grab some groceries. Feels good man!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So my girlfriend just picked up an iPad 3 at AT&T because she needed a phone and she could get the subsidized price by bundling the two.

She was going to sell it either to me or someone out there who wants an iPad.

Should I buy it from her? The only reason I see to own this thing is for watching movies on planes. Can you guys give me a quick few ideas on what I might use it for?

I run a small business but I don't do much traveling (maybe 3-4 flights a year). I also own a laptop, a desktop, and a rooted android phone. Am I someone who would even benefit from having an iPad?

I would try it out for a couple weeks and see how it works for you.
It's more a leisure device, makes casual and common computer tasks like email, web browsing, shopping, etc, much easier.

The device is brand new, so even used, you'll get 95-100% of the money for it.

I always hear about that stuff. Can you buy it in any supermarket or would I have to go to a specialty store.

You can get it pretty much anywhere, or most South East Asian restaurants.

Personally, I think it's just totally over-rated but people have been obsessed with it since The Oatmeal started working it into his comics (or, one comic)

On topic:

i think I am going to get one of these in a couple weeks. I don't have an iPad or Tablet and didn't really want one, but this looks sick and I know I'd enjoy it.

this talk of dead pixels, yellow screens, light bleeding, etc. always freaks me out. Here's hoping I get a good unit.

If there are issues with the unit, how do exchanges work if you pre-ordered online? Do they send you a new one? Just curious.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Is that an app or a website? Need to know for when mine shows up.

NCAA official app. Can watch on website on computer.

Found this free info at slickdeals:

To Watch NCAA Tournament games online for free, http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness but you have to pay $3.99 to get access.

Coke Zero is giving away promotion codes to watch for free. Text 0INSERTTEAMHERE to 2653 and follow the instructions.

Top Bottom