• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

LCfiner

I gotta say, after having a white for a year, I’m glad I’m back with black. It just works better for me with the wider bezels on the ipad compared to the iPhone.

man, I missed having an ipad the last few weeks. and this new screen probably means I’ll do even less browsing on the iMac than before.

Enco

Just testing dictation on the iPhone. To see how it's works. If this message comes out well it means it works nicely. If you know it means it sucks.

Real typing: not bad. Yea dictation is pretty nice at home but useless outside. You look like a jackass. Especially on an iPad Im guessing

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I spent a little time on it earlier at an Apple retail store and I had no immediate impressions of an improved screen. I think I would have needed a side by side comparison

try to read some text, or anything longer than a couple sentences at a normal reading distance.

The difference is definitely there for me when reading something. A coworker and i kept zooming in on a generic online article and the text looked like paper.

I agree i dont notice a difference if im staring at the home screen.

try to read some text, or anything longer than a couple sentences at a normal reading distance.

The difference is definitely there for me when reading something. A coworker and i kept zooming in on a generic online article and the text looked like paper.

I agree i dont notice a difference if im staring at the home screen.

You notice the difference when you zoom in?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Sorry, I know it's probably been asked and answered but, how?

On the keyboard whenever you have to type in a text box, in the bottom left corner, it looks like a mic. Hit it and wait for it to beep, then talk. Once done, hit the button again, and it types it out.

blackflag

Just testing dictation on the iPhone. To see how it's works. If this message comes out well it means it works nicely. If you know it means it sucks.

Real typing: not bad. Yea dictation is pretty nice at home but useless outside. You look like a jackass. Especially on an iPad Im guessing

I think that'll be great when filling out address name and credit card info for online orders.

JDeluis

Ah dangit, there's amazon reviews on the casecrown case that the magnet isn't strong enough to sleep the new ipad:

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Sta...tBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1R9R5KK1LKFWD

I had my mind set on this one, gotta keep looking now

I ordered the Casecrown Bold Trifold directly from their website.
http://www.casecrown.com/ipad2/bold-trifold/ipad2-bold-trifold-case-black

I'll try and update once I get the case if it's causing the same problem

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Hey guys, VLC for iPad got discontinued, right? What's the next best thing for using any video format?

Azul hasn't let me down so far. A lot of folks talk about AVPlayerHD...don't have experience with it myself, though.

Enco

I think that'll be great when filling out address name and credit card info for online orders.
That's a good point. Never really thought about using it in that way.

I always use Siri to send text message and create calendar appointments at home but never really straight dictate because the last few times I've tried it it came out horribly. Seems like it has improved though.

I gotta say, after having a white for a year, I’m glad I’m back with black. It just works better for me with the wider bezels on the ipad compared to the iPhone.

man, I missed having an ipad the last few weeks. and this new screen probably means I’ll do even less browsing on the iMac than before.

LCFiner won't you commemorate the release of the new iPad with a drawing?

=D

Laekon

Oh my god after sitting in front of my door for 3 days crapping in my sweat pants the Fed Ex finally bought my new iPad. It's so much better then my iPad 2 I'm not sure how I lived without it. Even though I never leave my house I bought the 64gb LTE model.

These threads are so amusing. I got to say though that I am tempted by the $350 iPad 2 refurbs on the Apple site.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh my god after sitting in front of my door for 3 days crapping in my sweat pants the Fed Ex finally bought my new iPad. It's so much better then my iPad 2 I'm not sure how I lived without it. Even though I never leave my house I bought the 64gb LTE model.

These threads are so amusing. I got to say though that I am tempted by the $350 iPad 2 refurbs on the Apple site.

GpNXs.gif

Weird. I'm not seeing it.
You must have it disabled or you accidentally got an iPad 2. You have to be on wifi or LTE.

railGUN

Banned
So I broke down, called my local Walmart, they had 18 units. I went out and bought one from them, which I'm going to leave unopened until later tonight - if my UPS package doesn't arrive today, then I'll open the Walmart one and just return the Apple.com one once it arrives. If my UPS does get here today, I can take the Walmart one back, unopened and do a quick return. I'm such a fiend.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν

Yeah?

Gowans

I would love to see charge time comparisons between the 3 iPods.

Also how do I get video off my camera roll on my iPhone to my iPad to edit on iMovie?
iPhoto is great with photo stream but I can see vids being a pain.

kaskade

Man. Retina really makes a difference when browsing the web. Text is so much easier to read, especially the small stuff when fully zoomed out.

Why hello here:

6fbe3ed0.jpg

Fed Ex just delivered to my workplace here in San Francisco. I'll probably try to take advantage of the wifi in the building during lunch.

Mine has arrived. Screen looks beautiful but what I'm most interested in is the effect that additional ram has when web browsing, especially with multiple tabs. I'm hoping that old tabs aren't refreshed from the cache nearly as often when I go back to them. I don't have time to mess with it until I get home from work.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I take it that there is no dictation in iPad1 or 2 with the new firmware update. Is it only iPad3?

Gowans

Man. Retina really makes a difference when browsing the web. Text is so much easier to read, especially the small stuff when fully zoomed out.

Yeah I'm not using the gaf web app for the first time in years.

Also dying for Comic Zeal to be retina'd!

Top Bottom