• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

FStop7

Banned
sounds like lines at the stores weren't bad? I wonder if I could just go to an Apple Store or Best buy this evening and just grab one no hassle

The store was easy. I went over just after 8 this morning and there were maybe 50 people in line. I was out of there in under an hour.

X-Frame

Has anyone who has the new iPad compared data speeds between the iPad and their iPhone?

I'd love to see the side by side differences of anyone can do it ..

Crovax33

I would try it out for a couple weeks and see how it works for you.
It's more a leisure device, makes casual and common computer tasks like email, web browsing, shopping, etc, much easier.

The device is brand new, so even used, you'll get 95-100% of the money for it.

Hmm.. It would be nice to not have to use my laptop, but I just wonder if it's $630 nice.

I wish there was a tablet benefits for noobs like me writeup or instructional video.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Just got it. I'm not THAT impressed but it's still great. Maybe I need to use this for a week and then go back to my old iPad before being that impressed with it. Maybe I just expected too much. As I write this post, however, I'm starting to appreciate just how awesome it is.

I just dictated this entire post. Works a lot better than Google's voice dictation. Surprising. And amazing! I can see myself actually using voice dictation for once.

Posting from it now. It's so hard to describe how good this is. I wrote this sentence using voice dictation.

I can't believe I thought the touchpad was a good device.

NekoFever

First post typed from my new iPad.

Coming from the original iPad, the speed and number of things this can multitask is a revelation. Seven tabs open in Safari, I go through a few other apps, and when I come back they're still open and loaded. The speed of opening apps dumps on my iPhone 4 as well.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Just got it. I'm not THAT impressed but it's still great. Maybe I need to use this for a week and then go back to my old iPad before being that impressed with it. Maybe I just expected too much. As I write this post, however, I'm starting to appreciate just how awesome it is.

I just dictated this entire post. Works a lot better than Google's voice dictation. Surprising. And amazing! I can see myself actually using voice dictation for once.

Alright, this gets far more amazing the more time spent with it. Don't expect to be immediately impressed the moment you'll turn it on. However, as you begin to use it, it becomes far more brilliant. Voice dictation is nearly flawless. It's probably the most impressively accurate voice dictation I've ever used. My only beef with it is that it doesn't type as you talk, like Google android ice cream sandwich.

Also, I am charging this right now from my MacBook air. It charges just fine.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
GAF looks so damn good. The walls of text are like sex to my eyes.

Can't wait to read on this bitch!

I can count all the times I've loaded a blank black image on my iPad at full brightness on no hands.

..and I'm sure you never watch any letterboxed video on it either?
or play games with dark scenes?

I love how some of you are so dismissive of this, when it actually is a problem. I had terrible bleed on my iPad 2 and it was an eyesore even when I wasn't looking for it. It's not like this thing is cheap, either.

no_to_co

People posting obsessive light bleed photos under conditions resembling nothing like normal use, must be iPad launch day!

Light bleed is the first thing I checked last night. And I have none! Also compared the screen to a coworkers iPad 2 and I like the new ones temperature a lot. It is actually the same as my regular screens for my PC at work and at home. I am soooooo impressed with it! So glad I upgraded from the iPad 2.

outsida

This screen is awesome... Mine (64gb AT&T LTE) was delivered 40 minutes or so ago here in Chicago. Feels a tad bit snappier compared to my 32gb iPad 2. I have one issue though my screen doesn't lock when I close the lid on my Argos case =[. Guess its not compatible...

Nope just checkd and the smart cover works but not my case.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Got mine :D

Screen is amazing!

The performance is quite an upgrade from 1st gen Ipad

This thing gets warm! Not hot, but definitely warmer than the og ipad or Ipad 2.

Post ur iPad I think every iPad has it
Every one has it to some degree. When I got my iPad 2 I did the same thing, turned off all the lights and looked at a totally black screen. I saw some light bleed and it bugged me because I'm obsessive like many others here. Then I started using it like a normal person and never noticed it again. Stop fretting.

Bboy AJ

Oh snap, I can actually have more than one tab open in Safari.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every one has it some degree yes. When I got my iPad 2 I did the same thing, turned off all the lights and looked at a totally black screen. I saw some light bleed and it bugged me because I'm obsessive like many others here. Then I started using it like a normal person and never noticed it again. Stop fretting.
I used to obsess over that stuff. Then I realized it was a waste of time.

..and I'm sure you never watch any letterboxed video on it either?
or play games with dark scenes?

I love how some of you are so dismissive of this, when it actually is a problem. I had terrible bleed on my iPad 2 and it was an eyesore even when I wasn't looking for it. It's not like this thing is cheap, either.

Why would I turn the brightness to full if I was watching a movie in the dark? I love my eyes. I want to keep them.

Salmonax

I used to obsess over that stuff. Then I realized it was a waste of time.

Likewise. Unless it's glaringly bad, I really don't care. There's a small amount of bleed on the bottom of my iPad 2, and I never notice it at all, even when watching movies, etc.

My mom's engraved iPad got here 2 hours ago (delivered by UPS). Mine was out for delivery before hers, and yet it still isn't here. Stupid FedEx. :( I wouldn't have expected the iPad coming from China to arrive first.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why would I turn the brightness to full if I was watching a movie in the dark? I love my eyes. I want to keep them.
kpr9q.gif

I agree you really shouldn't be using full brightness in the dark.

SyNapSe

screen is nice but not craay; I probably had it built up too much in my mind and I haven't really watched anything yet just browsing, etc.. I bought black and I'm not sure I like it so far. The black bezel gets tons of reflections. The white one didn't reflect light around the edge. It's driving me crazy.

Does the screen seem to smudge even worse? Perhaps the black just highlights it more when the screen is off. I don't really notice when it's on anyway.

Having to stay home to wait for Fedex... have no idea when it's coming but I've been canceling plans left and right, lol. It's supposedly on the delivery truck but if for some reason I get a delivery exception I'm gonna light something on fire.

Kinda my feeling so far, too, although I haven't had a chance to try reading a high-quality comic yet. And lower-quality elements in apps are really noticeable now: the Groupon app looks great for the main display but the text on the other offers on the bottom is outright bad. Megareader looked good, though.

Well of course I couldn't help myself. Have a 32 gb wifi one that I'm waiting on FedEx to deliver and found out Verizon had 1 32 gb wifi + 4g left this morning a couple hours after they opened. Needless to say that I ran to Verizon and picked it up and now will be returning my wifi one to the Apple Store for a refund.

I spent a little time on it earlier at an Apple retail store and I had no immediate impressions of an improved screen. I think I would have needed a side by side comparison

Top Bottom