• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

I recently bought the Unlimited subscription to Marvel Digital Comics and now I'm thinking about viewing them on the Ipad HD. Is it similar to the desktop experience?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Infinity blade is a bit disappointing, seems a quick cash in update. Game is running at full resolution, but doesn't look like any textures or other art has been improved to match

dwebo

came home early, saw the note saying they'll try again tomorrow...

vadernoooooooooo.gif

half an hour later the bell rings and the guy is like, yeah thought I'd try again today. wtf fedex why are you so awesome!

subrock

Has anyone on the west coast of Canada got theirs yet? Mine doesn't say "out for delivery" and it has me worried. Last status is "arrival scan". Getting pretty late in the day.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Welcome to the iPad experience

I've never converted any videos even mkv since I got avplayerhd app

But how do you get the videos on to the ipad? AvplayerHD only plays back local things right? Buzz player will play over smb shares but I don't know how the playback quality compares to avplayerHD

Blackhead

Redarse
So Neogaf.com is getting cut off on the sides when I have the new iPad in vertical mode. Other VBulletin sites are fine and I can't find any Safari settings to help with this. Any ideas?

Yeah, I've been noticing it on GAF for a while :(. Try rotating then zooming out or refresh the page then zoom out immediately

What? How are the other replies to his post any relevant to this thread? We're all basically telling the guy the same thing--he's overreacting.

No you're wrong this guy has the worst life ever did you not read about how he had to walk all the way back to the store after he got into his car and he drove like 30 minutes to the store and he didn't get his iPad on the first day but later on the first day.

Foov

Has anyone on the west coast of Canada got theirs yet? Mine doesn't say "out for delivery" and it has me worried. Last status is "arrival scan". Getting pretty late in the day.

I got mine in burnaby about three hours ago. It's pretty.

giga

No you're wrong this guy has the worst life ever did you not read about how he had to walk all the way back to the store after he got into his car and he drove like 30 minutes to the store and he didn't get his iPad on the first day but later on the first day.
This is true. I didn't consider that at all. My apologies. :(

blackflag

Ugh this Targus Slim case is horrible. Magnet isn't strong enough to even work. Anyone have any case suggestions from Amazon?

Also, there is a small whitish splotch on my screen and it could be annoying. I may have to take it to the store. Anyone else see anything like this? It isn't in the corner so it isnt bleeding. Not sure what it could be from.

I used iexplorer (or something like that, can't remember the name) to transfer all of my angry birds data from my 3gs to my 4s. Worked perfectly and is really simple to do.
Thanks. I came across that doing some googling and wanted some testimonials before going through with it.

I just checked a handful of apps and my progress is there.. It must have copied app data when I did the restore. Which is kinda weird since the apps didn't transfer. Anyway, I'm a happy camper.

Salmonax

So Neogaf.com is getting cut off on the sides when I have the new iPad in vertical mode. Other VBulletin sites are fine and I can't find any Safari settings to help with this. Any ideas?

I use the mobile version of the site on my iPad. Works great.

JBuccCP

Got mine today after all. This thing is great, the touchpad with ics was ok but this is in a different league.

I'm finding the gestures pretty damn useful too. I thought you could rearrange the multitasking thing but I guess not, would be useful for the app switching gesture.

Alex

iPhone/pod apps work in retina on iPad now? I booted up one and it looked fairly decent, without the mega grain text from before.

But how do you get the videos on to the ipad? AvplayerHD only plays back local things right? Buzz player will play over smb shares but I don't know how the playback quality compares to avplayerHD

U can transfer through wi-fi or iTunes when u click app section when ur iPad is connected. Avplayerhd should be at the bottom where u can drag drop movies

FreeMufasa

I was just wondering, how do you remove your card details? It's just so easy to purchase something and since a few people will use it I don't want to take any chances.

Or is there atleast another way to put a 2nd confirmation screen? Seems like it goes straight to purchase when you click on the price.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was just wondering, how do you remove your card details? It's just so easy to purchase something and since a few people will use it I don't want to take any chances.

Or is there atleast another way to put a 2nd confirmation screen? Seems like it goes straight to purchase when you click on the price.

You can make it necessary to enter your password each time.

Edit: im looking in the settings for it. Im sure someone else will give you the information before me.

U can transfer through wi-fi or iTunes when u click app section when ur iPad is connected. Avplayerhd should be at the bottom where u can drag drop movies

This is a thread about the new iPad, not the original iPad.

Also why is no one suggesting Air Video, or did I miss a limitation caused by that? It streams from my media server and converts mkv on the fly.

NYR

Is apple care a must have? I never had/ needed it with my iPad 2.

Depends on the price you would pay for piece of mind...

It's no different then buying warranty for anything else. You're placing a bet that it'll break and the company likes the odds it won't hence the warranty.

STG!

GAF looks great on this! :)

Picked up a nice pouch on my way home, I'll be playing with this all weekend, so cool.

woober

Mine has a scratch on the back that was there before I took off the plastic. Is this something I can exchange easily at the apple store? Is a scratch a valid reason for a replacement?

jboeuIQ3vJ7KHv.JPG

snack

Mine has a scratch on the back that was there before I took off the plastic. Is this something I can exchange easily at the apple store? Is a scratch a valid reason for a replacement?

jboeuIQ3vJ7KHv.JPG

Yes. Take it to the apple store and they should exchange it no problem.

VPhys

Same. Except my work closes at 6. Fuck.

Same here my work closed at six so I was really worried. However it ended up arriving at 2:30, before the 3:00 PM time as promised. And I'm saying this right now using voice dictation, it's awesome! The voice recognition is so much better than on my android phones!

Merovin

Hi all.

I am typing this on my new iPad - my first. Have to say I am enjoying it so far. I do feel it may take a little of tweaking and installing to get it to the way I want - my only major concern is getting it into a case ASAP although that should happen soon.

I live in Southend, England and when I went to the TNT depot in Basildon to pick it up the guy said they alone had 700 to deliver alone - I am not too sure how much they cover in terms of area but I thought that sounded like a lot.

One question for you video encoders out there - I have used Visual Hub to convert videos for my iphone - does anyone have any recommendations over what is the best current converter for iPad? Cheers!

Southend you say? Well hello there stranger! Wish I had ordered mine sooner, I have another two weeks to wait. :(

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Got mine, black. Store was still full of them. So far so good with everything, although I'm slightly disappointed about seeing pixels from up close :p

MontTrain

Banned
iPhone/pod apps work in retina on iPad now? I booted up one and it looked fairly decent, without the mega grain text from before.

Yeah this surprised me. I loaded up the iPhone version of Hero Academy and it actually looks pretty nice blown up.

amrod

still waiting on UPS in Canada

UPS Express Saver™
Choose this guaranteed next-day service with morning delivery on weekdays
Delivery
Commitment
Next business day delivery by 12:00 noon to most metropolitan areas
Saturday delivery by 1:30 p.m. available to specific destinations

Noon was 6 hours ago.. bleh

Top Bottom