• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

What articles are these? You have to be at the web page of an article, not a homepage, for it save that article in your instapaper. Try NYT, CNN, The Verge, etc.

Elena and Tisa are gorgeous. Twilight mode is genius.

Went to the Apple Tv review on The Verge.
Saved page
Saved
Goto Instapaper website to check, it's there
Goto app, it's not.
I am logged in on both the same

And, when does it download the entire article? If I were to press Read Later before my train, would it then get shooved down onto my ipad in text form via the app?.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Saved page
Saved
Goto app, it's not.
Odd. Something is not configured right. It should just work. Let me setup instapaper on my new ipad and see whats up.

tokkun

I might cave in and get one, but the best buy here only has it in 16gb. Should I get it?
edit: 64gb also, hmm

It seems like a lot of apps with graphical UIs are doubling or tripling in size with the retina updates, so I probably would not go with 16GB unless you don't plan on installing many apps.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Beautiful, but how do you get it to show text on the back of the page? Mine just shows a faint impression from the other side.

You have to turn the iPad into landscape mode to get it to do that.

Edit: ... by the way, have I told you how much I love to use dictation?!

giga

Beautiful, but how do you get it to show text on the back of the page? Mine just shows a faint impression from the other side.
Landscape. Portrait isn't double sided.

Saved page
Saved
Goto app, it's not.
In the app, try logging out and logging back in, redownload all articles, or sync with Safari. If all else fails, just contact support.

http://www.instapaper.com/main/support

Keylime

Here's a weird thought: I'm probably going to use my iPad's LTE Internet to tether to my iPhone frequently…

Something about that sentence really creeps me out...

Vyer

Also tried iBooks out. Got the GoT graphic novel. The animation for shifting/page turning when you tap is pretty cool.

MThanded

I might take my iPad back and get a road bike.

I am currently in a weird state of thought.

I have no qualms about the new iPad. It is an amazing device.

I think I'm losing my mind.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You have to turn the iPad into landscape mode to get it to do that.

Edit: ... by the way, have I told you how much I love to use dictation?!

Ok that's very pretty. But surely most people read in portrait? Pages look a little small in landscape

Keylime

Ok that's very pretty. But surely most people read in portrait? Pages look a little small in landscape

Yeah… I prefer to read in landscape myself. Feels like I'm actually holding a book, you know what I mean?

kehs

Banned
I can't believe gizmodo is blacklisted, this stuff is gold:

We Gave People an iPad 2, Told Them It Was the New iPad, and They Loved It
Apple's advertising onslaught is already battering down doors and TVs around the nation—you're gonna upgrade to a new iPad whether you like it or not. But based on our little test, most people can't tell the difference anyway.

We figured that if we—enormous nerds who fixate on pixel density—were underwhelmed by the screen, then what about non-gadget geeks? We rounded some coworkers and handed them a "new iPad." The "new iPad" was an iPad 2. They loved the new iPad.

Apple doesn't even need to try anymore.

Neo Child

Banned
Typing from my first iPad ever, love it ahhh what's some awesome things to download (preferably free) from the App Store. That take advantage of retina display?

Keylime

Okay so looks like I just decided which data model to get ..

Yeah, I got the 5 GB worth of data a month on this thing just because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to blow past it by using it on my iPad as well as tethering it to my iPhone all the time on the train ride to and from work.

I'll be bumping it up or down depending on how much I end up using.

In the meantime I'm reducing my AT&T data plan for the iPhone... no need to tether on that thing anymore...

Edit: fixed my minor typo…

MThanded

Yeah, I got the 50 GB worth of data a month on this thing just because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to blow past it by using it on my iPad as well as tethering it to my iPhone all the time on the train ride to and from work.

In the meantime I'm reducing my AT&T data plan for the iPhone... no need to tether on that thing anymore...

50 GB WTF?

MasLegio

Banned
Rest of the world (23 march) still no preorder....
what the hell.....

6 days, how on earth will Apple pull this one off?

001.jpg

DasRaven

I'm in line at the Chandler, AZ Apple store and the line is still going but only 5 deep.

The attendant has 2 handfuls of line tickets representing their remaining inventory. Probably 200 assorted ticket remaining. I feel bad for anyone that ordered online and is waiting.

I had to wait for a corporate discount authorization to come through before I purchased, but here I am and in about 10m I'll have a black/64/vzw for cheap.

Apple's supply chain problems are seemingly a thing of the past.

X-Frame

Yeah, I got the 5 GB worth of data a month on this thing just because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to blow past it by using it on my iPad as well as tethering it to my iPhone all the time on the train ride to and from work.

I still have unlimited in AT&T but my speeds are pathetic in NYC. I'm talking when I get 1 Mbps down I am in luck.

If Verizon LTE gets 20+ then it's a no brainer. I can finally stream videos. I just hope the network congestion doesn't cripple Verizon's LTE with a week.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'll be getting the iPhone 5, my first iPhone, so I think I'll start using iCloud a bit more and getting all my musice uploaded. iPad can stream music from iCloud right?

Glad I went with 16GB. Don't think I'll need more. If I ever do, I won't lose much $ trading it in.

Still need to get a case for this thing. Nothing I've seen is exactly what I want.

Keylime

I don't know why it took me so long to run a proper speed test… Holy shit!

Top Bottom