• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

How does the Instapaper app work? I've used the service on my Mac and work computer for ages basically as an easy way of having shared bookmarks, but the app sounds like it stores the article for offline reading? Where does it store the article? On the iPad? I am guessing so as you can't access it later on the server?

railGUN

Banned
still waiting on UPS in Canada

UPS Express Saver™
Choose this guaranteed next-day service with morning delivery on weekdays
Delivery
Commitment
Next business day delivery by 12:00 noon to most metropolitan areas
Saturday delivery by 1:30 p.m. available to specific destinations

Noon was 6 hours ago.. bleh

Mine didn't arrive today either so I just said screw it, went to Walmart. I'm just going to return it when it gets here on Monday or Tuesday.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
iPad is amazing.

So, if I were to want to get into comics on here, what's the best app? I've seen a few mentioned. Also do they all have graphic novels?

iPad is amazing.

So, if I were to want to get into comics on here, what's the best app? I've seen a few mentioned. Also do they all have graphic novels?

I would also like to know this and one that is retina display ready. I checked the DC Comics and Marvel app and they don't seem to be retina.

.hacked

Ah used a sharp knife, relocated the magnet in my old case and with a bit of super glue my case now works again. Screen lock is working once more.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Definitely looking forward to getting this*, loading up some board games and iPad-only-type apps. Gonna be interesting to see how things shake out since I already have a Galaxy Nexus, Kindle (real one, with e-ink), 3DS, Vita, Air, and MBP. Guessing I'll use it in phases like I do my Kindle (which I sometimes ditch for a month at a time but then come back to fiercely), but it's got more daily staying power because of all the asynchronous games. :D

*when it gets here in two weeks, ugh....

fse

I might cave in and get one, but the best buy here only has it in 16gb. Should I get it?
edit: 64gb also, hmm

TKR92

Man, I love this retina display. So much better reading a PDF file.

6988345185_404777bb59_z.jpg

giga

does anyone know how to disable itunes auto installing apps when I connect my iPad?
Apps tab in iTunes. Uncheck automatically sync new apps.

How does the Instapaper app work? I've used the service on my Mac and work computer for ages basically as an easy way of having shared bookmarks, but the app sounds like it stores the article for offline reading? Where does it store the article? On the iPad? I am guessing so as you can't access it later on the server?
Yep. It takes just the content of an article and saves them in a very nice optimized form for reading offline. They're synced through the cloud as well.

http://www.instapaper.com/iphone

Yup, screen is pure awesomeness. Wonderful for reading.

I'm going to have to exchange mine at a apple store tomorrow because of light bleeding..ugh. Sucks. I didn't have this issue with my iPad 2. Bad luck of the draw I guess!

fse

Yup, screen is pure awesomeness. Wonderful for reading.

I'm going to have to exchange mine at a apple store tomorrow because of light bleeding..ugh. Sucks. I didn't have this issue with my iPad 2. Bad luck of the draw I guess!

If I buy an iPad at best buy can I exchange it if I run into probs at any apple store?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Omg... Rogers tells me my data sharing is LTE ready... Get an LTE simcard... No LTE

Now I have to change all my data plans arggfhhhhhhggg

Apps tab in iTunes. Uncheck automatically sync new apps.

Yep. It takes just the content of an article and saves them in a very nice optimized form for reading offline. They're synced through the cloud as well.

http://www.instapaper.com/iphone

But how and where does it save it? If I click on read later all it does is create a book mark basically. If I goto the app on my iPad the web page I saved isn't there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do I use dictation?

Any time you get the keyboard up to enter text, there is a little microphone icon to the left of the space bar. Press it, wait for the beep and talk. Press again to finish.

If you don't have the icon you might need to turn it on in settings. General/keyboard, something like that

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Try out page turns in iBooks. This display really makes it something…

DPgOw.jpg

RdQVB.png

Beautiful, but how do you get it to show text on the back of the page? Mine just shows a faint impression from the other side.

I've noticed the screen can get noticeably dimmer at an angle. Holding it straight on is bright white, then laying it on your lap to type it goes dim grey. Can't remember if my iPad 1 was like that

Top Bottom