• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Is anyone else having issues with their iPad 2 cases not turning their iPad 3 on and off when they open and close it?

Yes, I've read that before. Apparently the magnets in the 3rd party cases aren't strong enough. 3rd party case manufacturers rejoice!

Yes, I've read that before. Apparently the magnets in the 3rd party cases aren't strong enough. 3rd party case manufacturers rejoice!

I never knew this, my keyboard case turns the screen on when I lift the ipad open on it, thought at first I was hitting the button or something but it must be magnets.

Clever.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Try a free app, PDFMate. It's the only PDF reader that allows you to smooth scroll DOWN a PDF as you turn pages, not side to side, and lock the zoom level across all pages so you don't drift horizontally as you scroll down.

Goodreader is superior

Glip_Glop

I'm starting to see some separation from the plastic between the glass and aluminum, right above the charging port. It's getting worse, maybe it's attributed to the heat? I remember seeing this on my old 3GS. I have a white iPad btw. Anyone else having this issue? At first I thought it was a black hair lol. Anyway it's not enough to have me upset enough for an exchange. I do love this thing :D

CaLe

What's the best app for reading PDF files ? GoodReader renders text horribly on the new iPad, I guess it hasn't been updated yet.

Thanks

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm starting to see some separation from the plastic between the glass and aluminum, right above the charging port. It's getting worse, maybe it's attributed to the heat? I remember seeing this on my old 3GS. I have a white iPad btw. Anyone else having this issue? At first I thought it was a black hair lol. Anyway it's not enough to have me upset enough for an exchange. I do love this thing :D

Exchange it. It's a defect, the glass is glued to the unit, they must have not done it properly on your unit.

Is there a good third party dock that works with cases? I want a dock, but I hate the thought that I'd always have to remove the back cover to use it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
any pics of this?
The only camera I have is my iPhone 4 one, so this probably isn't the best pic.

toaFy.jpg

Phreaker

Can anyone suggest any good ipad RPG games (either turn-based or action)? Also explain why you find it to be good.

Gameloft have their Diabloish clones Dungeon Hunter and Dungeon Hunter 2. (I think there are free/lite version if you want to check them out.) Sacred Odessey if your looking for an Elder Scrolls-type game.

There's also Aralon for an Elder-Scrolls type RPG.

Avadon if your more into an old-school PC RPG.

There are a couple for JRPG-types as well, but I haven't tried them.

Rengoku

Is anybody keeping track of the apps that have been updated to support the retina display? Maybe a google doc or something somewhere?

Avixph

Gameloft have their Diabloish clones Dungeon Hunter and Dungeon Hunter 2. (I think there are free/lite version if you want to check them out.) Sacred Odessey if your looking for an Elder Scrolls-type game.

There's also Aralon for an Elder-Scrolls type RPG.

Avadon if your more into an old-school PC RPG.

There are a couple for JRPG-types as well, but I haven't tried them.

Thanks I really like the Aralon game, seems interesting.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is there a way to transfer large photos from my PC without using iTunes? I don't want to sync whole folders, just transfer a few photos.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Fuck, my iPad has light leakage. What a pain to go out and exchange it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's actually really easy. The hardest part is driving to the store.

I know. But a store isn't within an hour of me. And I don't have my car right now. I suppose I'll wait a month until I'm back home.

seady

I just realize the cardboard box for the iPad 2 is identical to the new iPad.

It's like Apple doesn't want anyone to notice the iPad has been upgraded.

Zeth

Fuck, my iPad has light leakage. What a pain to go out and exchange it.

I think most of them do, but very few are effect regular use. If I max brightness I have that pattern of dots around some edges, I don't know if I will bother with it. My ipad 2 was much much worse and I kept it.

Zeth

God damn yearly backlight-gate. I guess I'll post the obligatory max brightness black screen photo for an opinion.

Bboy AJ

How can one test for light leakage ?

Maybe I'm using the wrong term but if I hold my iPad at an angle, I can see light leaking out the edge of the screen. It's only in one certain spot.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to walk into a store Monday and buy one of these, or are they pretty much sold out everywhere.

I was out of state all week and will be back in reality on Monday.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
AvplayerHD struggles with 1080p mkvs on the new iPad. Playback is sluggish.

I've had no luck with avidemux as itunes refuses to sync the mp4 to the ipad because "it cant be played by the ipad".

Anyone had any luck getting 1080p mkv's?

Maybe I'm using the wrong term but if I hold my iPad at an angle, I can see light leaking out the edge of the screen. It's only in one certain spot.

Not always accurate my 2nd iPad after exchange has light seen on top if u see at an angle but it doesnt register in the dark on a black image

Zeth

Does anyone know if I'll be able to walk into a store Monday and buy one of these, or are they pretty much sold out everywhere.

I was out of state all week and will be back in reality on Monday.

Very good chance you'll be able to buy one at your leisure upon your return.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Hmmm think I'm gonna wait until people decide what the best PDF reader is. :p

iBooks

and, personally typing, i think the fear of light leakage on these devices are overblown. if you're afflicted, you won't notice it unless you're in a completely dark room looking at either a black image or a movie with extensive letter boxing. sometimes i think we're too eager to find slight imperfections in our devices over just enjoying the experience.

my last gen iPad had rather poor leaks on the bottom but i never considered bringing it in to trade. it had zero impact on my enjoyment of the device.

Zeth

Wut? Do you see bright spots around the edges if you look at a black screen with max brightness?

ElyrionX

Is the new iPad able to keep more than one tab in Safari active and running at all times? On the iPad 1, everytime I open a second tab to look at stuff, the contents on the first tab would be lost, forcing me to wait for a reload when I click back to the first tab. How many tabs can the new iPad typically handle without having this problem occur?

Zeth

Is the new iPad able to keep more than one tab in Safari active and running at all times? On the iPad 1, everytime I open a second tab to look at stuff, the contents on the first tab would be lost, forcing me to wait for a reload when I click back to the first tab. How many tabs can the new iPad typically handle without having this problem occur?

I just opened 9 tabs (max in safari) switched back and forth a couple times to the app store and swiped through several pages of top apps. All tabs stayed in memory with no reloading and I opened image heavy pages and bookmarks. Pretty impressive.

Top Bottom