• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

I think it will easily since there was quite some room when I used the iPad 2 with SmartCover.

Ok cool. That's probably the combo I will go for. The extra flap is the selling point for me. Nice to slip in a microfiber cloth and earphones

Is that just two pieces of felt stitched together with a sewn-on flap?

WOOL felt lol. But basically yeah. And they are charging £35 for it! Don't thinknill be going for it, but does look nice

NekoFever

It really does take a long time to charge. I plugged it in with 3% battery left at about 3am last night, and now at 11:30am it's only 89% charged. I am using my iPhone charger on the assumption that the one with the iPad isn't any faster, though, so that could speed it up.

Nitsuj23

It really does take a long time to charge. I plugged it in with 3% battery left at about 3am last night, and now at 11:30am it's only 89% charged. I am using my iPhone charger on the assumption that the one with the iPad isn't any faster, though, so that could speed it up.

It most definitely speeds it up.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

iPad charger has higher capacity and is much faster.

MasLegio

Banned

iPhone chargers are definately slower on charging the iPad and should only be used as a last resort. Iphone chargers are at 5W while iPad (at least for 1st gen) chargers are at 10W.

btw you can use an ipad charger on your iphone so if you need to save space bring the iPad charger and alternate between the devices when you are away with the devices.

I see some people here exchanged their iPads and claimed that their new screen was not as yellow. Is this true? I thought all the screens were (equally) more warm in general (than most are used to).

I see some people here exchanged their iPads and claimed that their new screen was not as yellow. Is this true? I thought all the screens were (equally) more warm in general (than most are used to).

I think it's the glues drying over time, especially if this yellow story happens every year with apple products.

I'll be calling OtterBox tomorrow to return my Defender case for the new iPad. The screen protector on that thing actually decreases the resolution of the screen so much that it is extremely noticeable. The magnets also don't work for the sleep/wake function. So, the 2 most important things about having a case to me (screen protection and sleep function) are not working.

f@luS

More than a member.

I saw at leadst 3 different level of color
One really warm( in shop) mine so-so and one much colder like my iphone

Ill just jailbreak it when possible and install color profile

Totakeke

What's the best video streaming solution with live transcoding from a Windows computer (or WHS) for the iPad nowadays? I want to test it on my friend's new iPad.

SeanR1221

Anything similar to the wingstand that's cheaper before I buy one?

---

Awhile back in this thread someone said iMame barely runs now. That's not true at all. It runs just fine.

ElyrionX

Does the new iPad feel overall faster than the 2 or even the 1? I've asked earlier about it being able to handle multi-tabs browsing and seems like it's a huge step up from the iPad 1. But how about the loading of graphically intensive pages? The iPad 1 takes forever to do that. How much better is the new iPad?

f@luS

More than a member.
I just tried my vita on Google. Its warm/yellowish too

Maybe its meant to be line this. Vita has oled omygod screen and looks like ipad 3 warm

FStop7

Banned
The more I use my iPad the more I want to keep it. The display is just phenomenal. If I take the same photo and copy over 1024x768 and 2048x1536 versions of it and then A/B compare them... it's like the first time I saw a comparison between 480p and HD content all over again.

Initially I found some annoyances relating to website still not displaying correctly, same as I did with the original iPad - this was a big reason why I sold my original iPad after less than a year. But after spending more time checking various sites I would say that maybe 3 out of every 4 sites that used to display improperly or have missing features (often due to Flash) are now working fine. And in fact it looks like a lot of sites are going to have to increase the resolution of things like logos and other graphics in order to look better on the iPad.

Oh, and if I go to a forum in which there are several large images embedded into a thread, Safari no longer blows up like it did on the original iPad. Finally.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Hey GAF,

I currently own a 1st Generation iPad 64GB Wifi and 3G, and I was wondering if I should trade it in, or sell it? If so, how much should I sell it for? The iPad is in perfect condition with a screen protector already applied. By the way, where is the best place to trade in an iPad? Thanks!

Timan

Developer
Hey GAF,

I currently own a 1st Generation iPad 64GB Wifi and 3G, and I was wondering if I should trade it in, or sell it? If so, how much should I sell it for? The iPad is in perfect condition with a screen protector already applied. By the way, where is the best place to trade in an iPad? Thanks!

Prob can get 300~ on craigslist for that.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I was thinking about getting the aura two but don't know if it has a decent way to use it in a form function similar to the actual iPad (Fold back the front flap all the way back) or a typing mode that doesn't have the binder sticking up.

MooSeePoo

Neo Member
I was looking for New iPad Cases since I still haven't decided on one and went to go look at the Targus Slim Case which is one of the ones I was possibly thinking about getting.

Holy shit at the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Generation-Wi-Fi-Model-THD00606US/dp/B007C0YB0Q

Wow. I was thinking of getting one of these cases but they aren't available in the UK til April 9th. Glad I was forced to wait. It's a shame as I think the case itself looks really good. Perhaps if Targus manage to sort out the magnet issue then it would be a good purchase.

In the meantime I'm thinking of getting a sturdy sleeve case which cn be used with the smartcover?

kruskev

Everything is great with my new iPad but I have run into something that's really annoying me. My volume controls work but the keyboard clicks and the dictation button still makes sounds even when the volume is to zero. And its about half volume which is quite loud. I had to go into settings and turn those sounds off. I also have an app that ignores my volume control and I have to go into that apps settings and turn off the sounds. I want my master volume to control everything. Not my apps and functions deciding that they still want to make sounds. Any help?[/

There is a mute button next to the volume control

Higgy

Everything is great with my new iPad but I have run into something that's really annoying me. My volume controls work but the keyboard clicks and the dictation button still makes sounds even when the volume is to zero. And its about half volume which is quite loud. I had to go into settings and turn those sounds off. I also have an app that ignores my volume control and I have to go into that apps settings and turn off the sounds. I want my master volume to control everything. Not my apps and functions deciding that they still want to make sounds. Any help?[/

There is a mute button next to the volume control

Never mind! Figured it out in settings!

I was looking for New iPad Cases since I still haven't decided on one and went to go look at the Targus Slim Case which is one of the ones I was possibly thinking about getting.

I don't get why everyone is hung up on the magnetic on off. Sure it sucks that it's advertised as such but it's such a minuscule issue.

I bought the Targus vuscape from BB and its great. The fit is unbelievable.
My iPad is set to turn off after two minutes so even if I do forget to put it to sleep it won't run down the battery.

The case is great but don't count on the magnetic on/off. That's a half to one star off in my book, not four.

blackflag

Lol yeah. The C. Smith review is from me. The magnet doesn't work at all. If it wasn't for that, it would actually be a great case. Very slim and light. Since they can't even bother to put the magnet in the right place they get 1 star

123rl

Settings>General>Sounds

You can switch off the sounds for certain things in this menu. I switched off the keyboard clicks

blackflag

I don't get why everyone is hung up on the magnetic on off. Sure it sucks that it's advertised as such but it's such a minuscule issue.

I bought the Targus vuscape from BB and its great. The fit is unbelievable.
My iPad is set to turn off after two minutes so even if I do forget to put it to sleep it won't run down the battery.

The case is great but don't count on the magnetic on/off. That's a half to one star off in my book, not four.

Well I like that feature and wouldn't have bought it without it so I bought a product for something it advertises as doing, but actually doesn't do at all.

That said, I was waiting until Monday to return it and I like the slim, light size of it so much that I'm not sure I will return it. It's grown on me. Maybe I should modify my review. It's grown on me, just pissed about the magnet

blackflag

Read 35 issues of walking dead yesterday and it was still at 70% battery. IPad 1 doesn't have a 10 hour battery right? This one seems to last much longer.

I don't have any yellowish tint to my screen, not even when directly comparing to my iPad 1. I don't notice any backlight bleed, or heat either. I have the 4g Verizon. I haven't tested heat after using the cellular network because I haven't left my house since Friday. Probably should have only went with 2gig plan instead of 5g since my home and work have wireless. I do travel a lot though so we'll see by the end of the month.

Well I like that feature and wouldn't have bought it without it so I bought a product for something it advertises as doing, but actually doesn't do at all.

That said, I was waiting until Monday to return it and I like the slim, light size of it so much that I'm not sure I will return it. It's grown on me. Maybe I should modify my review. It's grown on me, just pissed about the magnet

I understand completely.
Like you said it grew on me immediately after snapping my new iPad.

I just want to let people know that this is a solid case baring the magnet issue, so if you can live with that I would recommend the Vuscape.

Does the new iPad feel overall faster than the 2 or even the 1? I've asked earlier about it being able to handle multi-tabs browsing and seems like it's a huge step up from the iPad 1. But how about the loading of graphically intensive pages? The iPad 1 takes forever to do that. How much better is the new iPad?

Faster than 1. About the same as iPad 2 but now with Retina display and LTE.

123rl

Read 35 issues of walking dead yesterday and it was still at 70% battery. IPad 1 doesn't have a 10 hour battery right? This one seems to last much longer.

I don't have any yellowish tint to my screen, not even when directly comparing to my iPad 1. I don't notice any backlight bleed, or heat either. I have the 4g Verizon. I haven't tested heat after using the cellular network because I haven't left my house since Friday. Probably should have only went with 2gig plan instead of 5g since my home and work have wireless. I do travel a lot though so we'll see by the end of the month.

The battery is incredible. I used it for about 7 hours yesterday with browsing, gaming, and downloaded about 2.5GB of apps and I didn't even hit 40%. It wasn't at 100% when I started either. It's just as much of a leap forward as the Retina screen. And yet people are bitching because it's 1mm thicker lol

This screen!!!

Seriously this is much more impressive to me then the iPhone retina screen because of how large and in your face it is

And books are a thing of beauty

SeanR1221

So my dads iPad 1 (my old iPad) and my iPhone 4 (along with my fiances) have wonky home buttons. Sometime you have to press them multiple times to work.

A google search shows this is pretty common and people have all kinds of fixes. What really works??

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Please tell me the Edge magazine app just needs to be updated so it actually operates like it used to, the image redraw is terrible.

In fact, most of the things I want to use this for aren't ready for the new resolution yet, kind of a bummer...

Top Bottom