• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Spacebar

At this point you're going to have to hit up places that sell stock photos if you want anything that doesn't look crappy.

I'm hoping some sites start making the higher rez size soon. I have a 27 inch iMac and it's always a bitch to find wallpapers for it.

http://wallbase.cc/home is a pretty decent site though if you're looking for higher rez images.

Does anyone know if sketchbook pro will work on the new ipad?

Well I just cancelled my 16GB Black iPad3 and went to the 32GB. I plan to host my RAW camera photos on my iPad so I can show people. Did I make the right move GAF? (Also I have a few mag subs, ect.)

Depending on your camera, you're not going to fit very many RAW on there. I have a 12 MP camera and about 75 RAWs take a up a gig.

Sold my Praystaton 3 to a GAFer last night. Should cover the difference. :) I honestly haven't powered it on in 2 months since my last exclusive. I pretty much play all my games on my 360 now. Plus, I am getting an apple tv, so I needed the slot.

How does the Apple TV replace the ps3 as a media player? I'm genuinely curious considering the ps3 has been my ultimate media player with the blu rays, and the playing .avi files off a flash drive or a disc.

Is it worth swapping out?

Depending on your camera, you're not going to fit very many RAW on there. I have a 12 MP camera and about 75 RAWs take a up a gig.

I use mRAW's. Probably I need to do what I do right now with uploads to flickr. Just export the set into a folder and have iTunes monitor it.

How does the Apple TV replace the ps3 as a media player? I'm genuinely curious considering the ps3 has been my ultimate media player with the blu rays, and the playing .avi files off a flash drive or a disc.

Is it worth swapping out?

Since getting my HDTV I have not watched a single blu-ray. I almost exclusively stream HD content these days. I believe there are many on the fly transcoders that are compatible with apple tv. I have not honestly researched it very deeply yet tbh.

Well I just cancelled my 16GB Black iPad3 and went to the 32GB. I plan to host my RAW camera photos on my iPad so I can show people. Did I make the right move GAF? (Also I have a few mag subs, ect.)

I just did the same thing. I wasn't sure if 16 would be enough, so I figured I might as well just spend the extra $100 and get the extra storage to be safe.

Since getting my HDTV I have not watched a single blu-ray. I almost exclusively stream HD content these days. I believe there are many on the fly transcoders that are compatible with apple tv. I have not honestly researched it very deeply yet tbh.

So I'd be able to stream any video file from my Mac to the Apple TV on my HDTV?

Cheebo

Banned
that's actually a good idea, probably what they should have done this year

It isn't really classic though. It is just lesser specs. They don't call the 11 inch MacBook Air with weaker specs the MacBook Air "classic". They are just both MacBook Airs.

centracore

I placed my order for a black 32GB iPad w/ WiFi as soon as humanly possible yesterday, but my order still says 'Processing Items'.. is that bad? Most people were saying their orders changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' almost immediately.

WydcG.png

I placed my order for a black 32GB iPad w/ WiFi as soon as humanly possible yesterday, but my order still says 'Processing Items'.. is that bad? Most people were saying their orders changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' almost immediately.

Mine still says processing items. I just made a change to my order over the phone and was assured by the woman I spoke with that my iPad would arrive on the 16th still.

Mashing

The cover has shipped, yet the iPad itself still says processing. Damn it, I wish they'd have shipped together so I do not have track separate shipments (and be home two days to sign for it--although I imagine the cover will not require one but the iPad itself probably will).

Good job trying to sneak in your insane falsehood that this isn't retina. It's retina. Did you even watch the press event? They called it retina and explained why it is retina.

They put a slide up there just for him, and he still doesn't fucking get it. Also, is he saying that he's guilty of SJ hero worship? He's the only one that expected nything beyond retina, so I guess so. Pretty fucked up logic there. The fact that every hands on claims that the screen blows away anything they've ever seen doesn't even factor into his bullshit.

Anyway, it seems that Apple is rebranding all their back cameras to iSight. Pretty interesting.

iphone_4s_isight.jpg

So I'd be able to stream any video file from my Mac to the Apple TV on my HDTV?
Unless something has changed, not mkv files. And you can stream right now (and transcode on the fly) using ps3mediaserver. Unless you have a lot of iTunes content an ATV3* won't be as good as the similarly priced Western Digital media player.

*when the ATV3 gets cracked to run XBMC that'll change things a bit, and I don't know if the ATVs can have external hdds plugged in.

woober

If I purchase today, when do they charge my card?

I have a debit card but want to pay with a credit card that should be coming in this week in the mail. Can I change my billing method after submitting my order?

I want to buy it asap to get release date delivery.

Spacebar

I have a debit card but want to pay with a credit card that should be coming in this week in the mail. Can I change my billing method after submitting my order?

They charge right after you submit your order.

mf.luder

What is makes an iSight camera an "iSight"?

I had an iSight FireWire camera yearrrrrrs ago and I don't think these (FireWire camera vs 4S camera) are anywhere near each other in terms of quality. I wish we had a description for iSight.

e_i

My credit card has been charged. I ordered yesterday around 4 pm EST.

I'm convinced the only people who don't think it's a significant improvement are existing iPad owners who are in denial having watched the resale value of current iPads tumble.
Sell a week before announcement, buy new iPad. Repeat each year.

Or it's not enough of an improvement to them.... I'm an Apple/Mac snob who has been using Macs for almost 20 years. Owned the first gen 5gig iPod when people on the subway asked me "what is that". I have Apple tech flowing through my blood, even have friends that work there (I live in SF), shit... I even met Steve Jobs himself once but some times things aren't a big enough jump to warrant a new purchase. I have the money to buy whatever I want but there are people out there that are actually happy with what they have. I'm happy for my friends that are getting one but I'm feeling that the iPad is something I'll buy every other year, not yearly. That is just me though.

New folks can jump on the Apple hype train and but some of us have been on this train for a long, long, long time.

What is makes an iSight camera an "iSight"?

I had an iSight FireWire camera yearrrrrrs ago and I don't think these (FireWire camera vs 4S camera) are anywhere near each other in terms of quality. I wish we had a description for iSight.

I think they have to be able to do at least 720p and some other tech like face recognition and stability.

Or it's not enough of an improvement to them.... I'm an Apple/Mac snob who has been using Macs for almost 20 years. Owned the first gen 5gig iPod when people on the subway asked me "what is that". I have Apple tech flowing through my blood, even have friends that work there (I live in SF), shit... I even met Steve Jobs himself once but some times things aren't a big enough jump to warrant a new purchase. I have the money to buy whatever I want but there are people out there that are actually happy with what they have. I'm happy for my friends that are getting one but I'm feeling that the iPad is something I'll buy every other year, not yearly. That is just me though.

New folks can jump on the Apple hype train and but some of us have been on this train for a long, long, long time.

haha, I am so tempted to just quote your name/tag :D

I would suggest calling Apple customer service, but they charged my debit card right when I ordered.

nyong

Banned
It's probably called The New iPad because it's a reboot, not another iteration. I have a feeling the new resolution is going to be standard for a loooooong time.

Just ordered my 64GB wifi model...that I really can't afford. Unlimited overtime at work here I come.

FreeMufasa

Got me order in! 16GB Wi-fi

Anyone engrave theirs? I put

Dr.
Mufasa

I'm so fucking immature. Just hope this won't affect it's resale value lol.

I really like this case. Anyone have it for their iPad 2? I wonder if it'll hold the new iPad.

I'm not making any commentary on Steve jobs dying of cancer, I wish that on no one. Just a bad joke of him as a person, which according to his biography and those who knew him, he wasn't a good guy.

Don't want this thread getting off topic

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Got me order in! 16GB Wi-fi

Anyone engrave theirs? I put

Dr.
Mufasa

I'm so fucking immature. Just hope this won't affect it's resale value lol.

I really like this case. Anyone have it for their iPad 2? I wonder if it'll hold the new iPad.

Engravings affect resale value from what I've heard. Can't say from experience.

Top Bottom