• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

I bought the new Ipad yesterday and i am amazed at the beautiful screen that this thing has.
I have a question though, i bought fruit ninja on my iphone, can i download it for free on my ipad or do i have to re-buy it off the Appstore?

Heel

Also, Mr AstroLad, expect a Carcassonne invite from me soon. I'm going to purchase the app tonight when I get home. I don't know how to play though, so go easy on me.

I'm new to Carcassonne too! Just ran through the tutorial the other night. AstroLad has me added, we'll all have to play a game. GameCenter nickname [Slade].

AEREC

I bought the new Ipad yesterday and i am amazed at the beautiful screen that this thing has.
I have a question though, i bought fruit ninja on my iphone, can i download it for free on my ipad or do i have to re-buy it off the Appstore?

You can play the iPhone version on the iPad but it will look odd. There should be a Fruit Ninja HD which was meant for the iPad.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so if I were to buy an airport express I can have it play audio from my Mac wirelessly whilst using the remote app on the iPad, right? There isn't any AirPlay funny business where I actually have to stream the music to the iPad through the music app and then have the iPad output that to the airport express. Right!

Revamping my music solution is next on the list of things I'm doing since I finally got a full time job.

Tobor

Ok so if I were to buy an airport express I can have it play audio from my Mac wirelessly whilst using the remote app on the iPad, right? There isn't any AirPlay funny business where I actually have to stream the music to the iPad through the music app and then have the iPad output that to the airport express. Right!

Revamping my music solution is next on the list of things I'm doing since I finally got a full time job.

You can absolutely do that.

Quick

Banned
Alright, so tonight, I'm going to make a thread titled :

"The iPad optimized applications thread |OT| AstroLad and Awesome Animals only"

legit?

So, an iPad apps thread? Or an iPad apps thread that shows which apps have been created or updated to take advantage of the new iPad? Or both?

Would be nice, actually. The NeoGAF Best of iOS thread is pretty outdated, though discussion still happens there.

Ok so if I were to buy an airport express I can have it play audio from my Mac wirelessly whilst using the remote app on the iPad, right?

You can absolutely do that.

I just set this up two days ago. Works brilliantly. Makes me wish there was an iTunes Remote app for the Mac though, since it's easier to use my MacBook Air (music is streaming from a Mac Pro) if I'm using it, then whip out my iPhone.

So, an iPad apps thread? Or an iPad apps thread that shows which apps have been created or updated to take advantage of the new iPad? Or both?

Would be nice, actually. The NeoGAF Best of iOS thread is pretty outdated, though discussion still happens there.

Oh, this would be a thread for just AstroLad and myself. You can apply for admittance into our secret club though!

In all seriousness, People don't seem to receptive to that idea for a thread.

galvatron

Oh, this would be a thread for just AstroLad and myself. You can apply for admittance into our secret club though!

So this is where all my Ascension dudes ran off to? I'll buy Carcasonne and get destroyed by you guys while I learn it. New iPad should be waiting when I get home.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Lol my iPad won't even charge when plugged into my mbp.

So what's the general consensus here?

I am very new to GAF, also a new, happy, proud owner of the third gen iPad, is there going to be a thread about new and exciting Apps? This thread doesn't seem to be the place.

But just to stay on topic, I am looking for a protective case, preferably with a keyboard, I really like what I'm reading about this one: http://tinyurl.com/7mpvmq5

but it is designed for the iPad 2, and since it's a hard-shell type of deal with a 'snap on' features, my guess is, the iPad 3 will not fit in it, can anyone confirm this?

or recommend a decent and reliable soft or hard case under $50 out there? I noticed most cases don't protect the four corners of the device, I want one that covers the corners.

japtor

I already have Sketchbook Pro... what does Paper give me? I need to look into it. I haven't been following.
Organization, quick undo/redo control, smoother performance (SketchBook could use all those), and much more simplicity (which is plus or minus depending on how you view it). The way it works I don't really consider it a SketchBook competitor, it reminds me more of Penultimate than elaborate drawing apps like SketchBook.

So what's the general consensus here?

I am very new to GAF, also a new, happy, proud owner of the third gen iPad, is there going to be a thread about new and exciting Apps? This thread doesn't seem to be the place.

But just to stay on topic, I am looking for a protective case, preferably with a keyboard, I really like what I'm reading about this one: http://tinyurl.com/7mpvmq5

but it is designed for the iPad 2, and since it's a hard-shell type of deal with a 'snap on' features, my guess is, the iPad 3 will not fit in it, can anyone confirm this?

or recommend a decent and reliable soft or hard case under $50 out there? I noticed most cases don't protect the four corners of the device, I want one that covers the corners.

Hmm...someone asking about an iPad app thread? I'm going to make one later now. It's happening.

Organization, quick undo/redo control, smoother performance (SketchBook could use all those), and much more simplicity (which is plus or minus depending on how you view it). The way it works I don't really consider it a SketchBook competitor, it reminds me more of Penultimate than elaborate drawing apps like SketchBook.
Debatable. Paper appears to look smoother because it animates the stroke with more frames. Sketchbook Pro seems to have your stroke appear faster, if anything.

Both are hugely laggy compared to Bamboo Paper though.

dream

I begrudgingly bought AppleCare+ just because I take my iPad everywhere with nothing more than a Smart Cover protecting it and I fully expect to have to use both of my accidental damage incidents over the next 2 years.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Are there any recommended stands? I have a sleeve already but wife wants a stand as well. Didn't get the magic case thing whatever b/c I didn't really dig it.

japtor

Debatable. Paper appears to look smoother because it animates the stroke with more frames. Sketchbook Pro seems to have your stroke appear faster, if anything.

Both are hugely laggy compared to Bamboo Paper though.
I use SketchBook with the 2048 canvas most of the time so performance is my biggest issue with it.

That vaguely reminds me, when the hell is SketchBook Ink coming out?

kr2t0s

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

its the no homers club, plurarl, we're allowed to have one!

Anyway, I would love a dedicated ipad apps thread.

Alex

I'm trying to use iMessage on this thing. When I get a photo via it, how do I enlarge it, like I've done it a few times where it sends you to what looks like the photo app and makes it full screen but im not sure of the exact gesture or command.

Talon

I'm trying to use iMessage on this thing. When I get a photo via it, how do I enlarge it, like I've done it a few times where it sends you to what looks like the photo app and makes it full screen but im not sure of the exact gesture or command.
Tap on it quickly.

japtor

123D Sculpt isn't new...but I just found out about it now, and hey it's free and fun to fuck around with.

Made a really ugly MODOK with it in a few minutes (started with the cube shape):

Iuyas.png

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There's the BookArc or the Compass by Twelve South. I'm still trying to decide myself, but these two are my front runners so far.

So I'm checking these out and the Amazon reviews basically say you can't really operate the iPad very well when it's in the stand. I guess that's asking for a lot, a stand that you can see the iPad and also use it without messing things up but does it exist?

dkeane

I already have Sketchbook Pro... what does Paper give me? I need to look into it. I haven't been following.
Paper is more skewed towards quick sketching. It needs lots more features to be even good at that.
You won't find it comparable to sketchbook pro. But you should check out Procreate. I like the UI better than sketchbook pro.

Top Bottom