• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

see5harp

Maybe I'll just take the day off. To prepare myself of course. And to play Mass Effect 3. I'll just tell my boss that I need a mental health day.

Spacebar

Bah I am nervous about 600+ dollars sitting on the doorstep. Though to be fair I have shipped hundreds of dollars over the years and not had a single thing stolen. Only thing is thieves will likely know iPads are arriving next Friday.

trCvE.jpg

Been playing around with the new iPhoto, it's pretty fucking incredible. Innovative UI, very powerful features in an intuitive interface. Can't wait to try it on the new display. Incredibly, this is more powerful in many ways an iPhoto for OSX, with way more editing features and ability to finetune.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Been playing around with the new iPhoto, it's pretty fucking incredible. Innovative UI, very powerful features in an intuitive interface. Can't wait to try it on the new display. Incredibly, this is more powerful in many ways an iPhoto for OSX, with way more editing features and ability to finetune.

I wonder if it will single handedly kill Adobe's Photoshop app.

I still can't believe that 'Resolutionary' tagline, I cringe everytime I see it on their homepage. I can't see Jobs approving of it, since 95% of people who view it won't know what the fuck it means or implies.

Do you plan on selling this iPad in the future?

I thought about this before I did the engraving, but I actually wouldn't mind keeping this till it dies. I was fine with the 1st gen Ipad. Only thing I really would have liked was a camera and more HD space. I have both of these with the new ipad so i'm good.

I rarely game on it. Mainly use it for web browsing, email and music. I honestly can't tell you what other features I would want in a upgraded ipad besides more GB for less price.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Goddammit, my order says it's still Processing. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I had to change the shipping address. It still says "Delivers on March 16" though.

DJ88

Goddammit, my order says it's still Processing. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I had to change the shipping address. It still says "Delivers on March 16" though.

Mine does too. Starting to drive me crazy, not even preparing for shipping, just still processing.

Its almost brilliant in how shit it is.

There's hardly a time in the past few years that I had any issues with Apple's marketing, it's usually a league in it's own because of it's simplicity. I just don't see how this got approved, seems something straight out of Sony or Samsung's playbook. There's a bunch of other short taglines they could have used with real english words, which would have made their point clear to everyone, unlike this massacring of the english language. 2 friends seriously told me that Apple made a 'typo' on their page when they checked it. A small percentage of people (ie. techies) will 'get it' and I don't understand why Apple would cater their marketing to that group. I hope once it's off the homepage it's gone for good.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
What should I do to ensure that everything on an iPad 1 is transferred to an iPad 3 when it arrives? Meaning apps, bookmarks, wallpaper, settings, everything. Do I back everything up and then restore the iPad 3 from that backup?

Gonky

Neo Member
Unless something has changed, not mkv files. And you can stream right now (and transcode on the fly) using ps3mediaserver. Unless you have a lot of iTunes content an ATV3* won't be as good as the similarly priced Western Digital media player.

*when the ATV3 gets cracked to run XBMC that'll change things a bit, and I don't know if the ATVs can have external hdds plugged in.
I used to use PS3mediaserver for my (surprise) PS3, but never knew it worked on the ATV. How do i do this?

Yaska

So ordered mine today from local store (we're getting it in batch #2). But accidently went and ordered a black one D:. Wonder if I should've gone with the white one instead.
So what's the general consensus here about the colour?

I cancelled my 32GB pre-order. sigh

leaving soon for Navy so I wouldn't be able to play with it. Just gonna stick with iPad 2.

maybe when I get out of bootcamp I'll get one

So ordered mine today from local store (we're getting it in batch #2). But accidently went and ordered a black one D:. Wonder if I should've gone with the white one instead.

I say black is better if you plan on watching lots of video on it. I think white would stand out too much.

why are people expecting them to ship so soon? why would they ship any sooner then the 14th or 15th?

When I ordered the 4S, it was shipped directly from China so there's no doubt that this first batch will ship long before the 16th to make the deadline. Even after shipped, many will sit in distro hubs before being delivered on time.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ordered my new iPad. It let me do in store pickup.

Wait im confused. Whats the deal with in store pickup? Do I still have to wait in line with everyone else? Maybe this was a bad idea...

NYR

Based on changes to delivery time frames, white seems to be more popular.

I have had a White 4S and a Black 4. Also had a black iPad 2. I prefer my electronics be black, but if I was a kid or a girl, I could see why White would be more popular.

I have had a White 4S and a Black 4. Also had a black iPad 2. I prefer my electronics be black, but if I was a kid or a girl, I could see why White would be more popular.

LOL!

Einbroch

Banned

Not touching that with a ten foot pole. But I guess I just did.

NYR

Not touching that with a ten foot pole. But I guess I just did.
lol, I didn't mean that as an insult. White is more neutral, and the girls I know all have white iPhones. White also looks more toy-like, IMO, hence my perceived notion that it would appeal more to children. But what do I know, I bought a white iPhone just to change up from my Black 4.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Wait im confused. Whats the deal with in store pickup? Do I still have to wait in line with everyone else? Maybe this was a bad idea...

There will be separate lines. but you can just pick it up anytime during the day.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can attest most of the females I know have white iPhones. Clearly this is anecdotal at best.

When my GF got her 4s she got a white one.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've been working a lot so haven't kept up.
Has the Hotspot thing been clarified regarding terms/additional prices for either company?

Zeth

I noticed this too. Almost want to cancel my original order so I can wait in line and get it earlier. Might just do that without an order anyway.

Not much talk about the fact that they boosted the battery capacity on this thing by 70%. There's a great article on Cult of Mac explaining how Apple's notebook line and iPhone will be seeing the benefits of this density tech later in the year. Pretty cool stuff considering battery tech is widely considered stagnant.

I've been working a lot so haven't kept up.
Has the Hotspot thing been clarified regarding terms/additional prices for either company?

Verizon is not charging. It's complimentary even if you have the cheapest iPad data plan.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/08...ipad-data-plans-att-still-working-with-apple/

Enco

I noticed this too. Almost want to cancel my original order so I can wait in line and get it earlier. Might just do that without an order anyway.

Not much talk about the fact that they boosted the battery capacity on this thing by 70%. There's a great article on Cult of Mac explaining how Apple's notebook line and iPhone will be seeing the benefits of this density tech later in the year. Pretty cool stuff considering battery tech is widely considered stagnant.
Pretty sure you get the same life out of it as the iPad 2 so that's probably why.

But yea it's impressive how it's bigger. No difference to the consumer though.

nyong

Banned
Anyone who doesn't pick up AppleCare+ with their iPad is insane. Accidental damage coverage: $49 replacement. The replacement cost for something as minor as a chipped screen is usually about half the retail value.

Juice

"ARGH AT PERSONAL HOT SPOT / TETHERING"

Sigh. Feels good to get that out.

So I have now ordered TWO iPad 3's for myself: one Verizon, one AT&T. I want to figure out which one I can pay the least for tethering. I'll just return the other one.

Any news on that lately? How ridiculous that it's been left wide open like this after the announcement.

Talon

"ARGH AT PERSONAL HOT SPOT / TETHERING"

Sigh. Feels good to get that out.

So I have now ordered TWO iPad 3's for myself: one Verizon, one AT&T. I want to figure out which one I can pay the least for tethering. I'll just return the other one.

Any news on that lately? How ridiculous that it's been left wide open like this after the announcement.
"Free" on Verizon. You have to pay on AT&T.

Anyone who doesn't pick up AppleCare+ with their iPad is insane. Accidental damage coverage: $49 replacement. The replacement cost for something as minor as a chipped screen is usually about half the retail value.
It's at least a 20% insurance plan with a $50 deductible. I personally feel like I can take care of my iPad just fine.

railGUN

Banned

My dad always gets us AppleCare on eBay for way less than what Apple charges, so I'll probably go that route for my iPad.

Yaska

Yep I guess this gives me the perfect answer.

NYR

Can it be transferred to another iPad? e.g. - when I pick up 4th gen next year....

There is a local place here that replaces damaged iPad screens for $149, so basically the same price for your first repair...

blackflag

You can still buy it after you buy the iPad right or does it now need to be purchased at the same time?

Top Bottom