• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

NYR

I work Apple tech support. Unless something changes, we can't sell APP+ over the phone. The option to do so isn't even in the system. Register it? Maybe...I haven't tried one yet. Agreement Admin will only do so if you're super far from the nearest retail store. Like, I've seen people be told they need to drive an hour each way. The reason being, they can do an evaluation for existing damage at the stores. We can't over the phone.

I just copied and pasted that from the apple store website.

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/S4690

Prepared for shipment. Feels good, man.

Will ipad1/2 cases fit the ipad 3 flush?

To be honest, it will depend on what type of case it is. The smart cover will work. The original Apple case will work but of course the 3rd gen iPad will be loose in it. Some cases that were formed to cover the front and back of the iPad 2 might be just a bit off.

NYR

Anyone in Canada who order an iPad 3 have their status as "shipped"? Mine is still "processing".

Same. I ordered within 2-3 minutes of the store opening.

This chart was posted a few pages ago, I'm not worried, zone 1 for me, I think I'll get it on the 16th.

Pymqy.png

Same. I ordered within 2-3 minutes of the store opening.

This chart was posted a few pages ago, I'm not worried, zone 1 for me, I think I'll get it on the 16th.

Pymqy.png

I don't think I've ever paid attention to the shape of Canada until now.

Whoever lives in Zone 5 must have pretty terrible winters.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just placed my order for a 16GB White Wifi model.

Now I just have to sell my Ipad 2. Hopefully I can get $325-350 for my 16GB wifi model.

It always makes me laugh how negative and naive the BBC are towards Apple products:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17295035

You heard here folks, it's 'got a prettier screen, and thats about it'. 'I'm not impressed', and 'it's only for the Apple fanboys'.

Well, that about wraps it up for Apple, looks like another niche product for the hardcore Apple fans, just like that weird phone they released that I forgot the name of and sold a few dozen. Am I the only who wonders how people like this get into positions where they can address a population of millions on national TV with their 'tech analysis'? Is he purposely being obtuse, or does he despise the company? Is this kind of performance indicative of his past performances that landed him this job?My cat could have given more objectivity, accuracy and insight.

Prepared for shipment. Feels good, man.

To be honest, it will depend on what type of case it is. The smart cover will work. The original Apple case will work but of course the 3rd gen iPad will be loose in it. Some cases that were formed to cover the front and back of the iPad 2 might be just a bit off.

Do you think it will fit good in this case or similar keyboard cases?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UW5MZM/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Will the ports even plug in/be in the same spots? How can I find all of this technical info out?

I don't think I've ever paid attention to the shape of Canada until now.

Whoever lives in Zone 5 must have pretty terrible winters.
I grew up in the Yukon (Whitehorse FTW).

Pretty shit winters... The worst part is the winter time when the sun literally doesn't 'rise' it's basically dusk in the middle of the day and dark for the rest of the day. Summer is the complete opposite though, which is a lot of fun.

Talon

You know, the only thing I'm disappointed with is that the front facing cam isn't capable of HD video. I Facetime/Skype a lot with my girlfriend who's doing a program in Baltimore this year, and it'd be nice to have a clearer picture.

MercuryLS

Banned
You know, the only thing I'm disappointed with is that the front facing cam isn't capable of HD video. I Facetime/Skype a lot with my girlfriend who's doing a program in Baltimore this year, and it'd be nice to have a clearer picture.

Yeah, that's my one big disappointment, iPad is the best device for FaceTime and it sucks that the camera wasn't improved. I would rather have a better front facing camera than a back one that I will never use.

Fwiw, Marware just tweeted that the CEO Hybrid 2 will not fit the new iPad. I'm still willing to give it a shot next Friday before placing a new order.

Edit : and I'm preparing for shipment now. Nice.

Preparing to ship whaaaaaaaaa. Hope it comes in before friday.
Looking for folio style case under 50, any suggestions?
First Ipad btw, feels weird.

Preparing to ship whaaaaaaaaa. Hope it comes in before friday.
Looking for folio style case under 50, any suggestions?
First Ipad btw, feels weird.

I love the Marware one mentioned above. Nice carbon fiber look, professional, withstands my 2.5 and 4.5 year olds so it's battle tested.

It appears my Retina-When-Squinting-engraved iPad has shipped, as that is what an email I just received relayed to me.

Excellent. I hope the engraving I chose for the back offers enough guidance for whomever I eventually sell the device to, such that it earns me a few extra dollars in appreciation.

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 03/16/2012, By End of Day
Last Location:
EPZ, China, Thursday, 03/08/2012

Leave EPZ safe, my resolute friend.

I love the Marware one mentioned above. Nice carbon fiber look, professional, withstands my 2.5 and 4.5 year olds so it's battle tested.

Hey thanks.
Looks good but I wonder does it crease badly because of the way it bends over for viewing angles? How do the seams hold up? Not too bad with 10% off and free screen protector.

It appears my Retina-When-Squinting-engraved iPad has shipped, as that is what an email I just received relayed to me.

Excellent. I hope the engraving I chose for the back offers enough guidance for whomever I eventually sell the device to, such that it earns me a few extra dollars in appreciation.

Fridge, I thought you were a gigantic doofus at first, but you've grown on me big time. It's like you're a real life Seinfeld character on GAF.

Zeth

I love you man. Seriously, haha. Mine is still processing but I have faith that 99% of people will be happy on March 16.

Bah neither my apple tv order yesterday with the cancelled iPad 16gb or the iPad 32gb I ordered this morning have shipped yep. Apple is also still holding the 499 of my cancelled iPad. Come on!

Bah neither my apple tv order yesterday with the cancelled iPad 16gb or the iPad 32gb I ordered this morning have shipped yep. Apple is also still holding the 499 of my cancelled iPad. Come on!

They are still holding $666 for my canceled 16 gb 4g. I talked tp Apple this morning and was told it can take 48 hours to release the funds. Also my 32 gn wifi is still processing with a delivery date of the 16th.

Edit: Now it changed to preparing for shipment.

Pein

Banned
so does netfix or hulu stream in hd to ipads? It would suck if I'm stuck watching miserable sd content on such a high-res display.

I grew up in the Yukon (Whitehorse FTW).

Pretty shit winters... The worst part is the winter time when the sun literally doesn't 'rise' it's basically dusk in the middle of the day and dark for the rest of the day. Summer is the complete opposite though, which is a lot of fun.

Awesome!! I so want to visit as I am fascinated by the Klondike gold rush.

Top Bottom