• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

What's worse? Being me who has had never had an iPad before and is dying of anticipation, or someone in this thread who already has owned an iPad before and is waiting for the new revision?

Apparently mine is in Middletown, Pennsylvania. You think they would give it to me if I drove there (it's only a 6 hour drive) and said, " yeah I have a package can I pick it up?"

It could work...

3N16MA

Banned
What's worse? Being me who has had never had an iPad before and is dying of anticipation, or someone in this thread who already has owned an iPad before and is waiting for the new revision?

Someone who has more posts in this thread than anyone but is not actually purchasing an iPad.
That would be me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Hmm. I'd say me - had an ipad 1, loved it, kids loved it. Hated the ios 5 update which made it horrible to use. Sold it ages ago now (January I think) to get the ipad 3, so I know what I've been missing all this time. And my kids really gave me stick for selling it (but they'll love the new one)

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm seriously considering going all out and getting a 64gb+4G for myself. I don't think I will upgrade from this for at least 2 years (not much they could add to make me want to upgrade, Retina was the biggie for me). But man, after taxes that's almost $1000 :(

I want to use the iPad 3 as my primary device, and over time it's going to fill up with movies, tv shows, magazines, etc. I want to make sure I have space to spare so I never have to worry about it.

does anyone know if Apple will update the status over the weekend? my iPad ordered on 8th march 11 am is still in processing product status

Craziness...it's sitting in Ontario, CA (maybe 15 miles from where I'm sitting right now), awaiting "future delivery". I hope it's in nondescript packaging...

Pagusas

Elden Member
I don't understand what the point of intentionally delaying shipments until the 16th is.

who is intentionally delaying? And where was that stated?

Also when do lines start forming outside of the apple stores? Id love to go to one and take some pictures.

So I just ordered the incipio feather hard case in black for the new iPad, but it's made for the iPad 2. As far as I can tell, it 'should' fit, with a bit more hanging out the top, which isn't a big deal. If not, I guess I can return it.

who is intentionally delaying? And where was that stated?

aX1In.jpg

dang it!

Give it to me monday fedexx guy!!!!!!

Looks like Apple instructed Fedex to hold onto the package until the 16th.

I said a few pages back. Amazon did that the Harry Potter books.

I think it makes more sense in that scenario though, people who pay for release day shipping of a book like Harry Potter want to read it before other people can spoil it for them.

to give the packages a chance to get to their destinations by that date, and to give everyone the chance to get it at the same time

In regards to the bolded, if it arrives a week early doesn't that mean it'll be there by the original date? As for the rest of your post, is it really that big of a deal if someone gets their iPad before you as long as you get it on or before the date you were quoted?

Jimrpg

apple should seriously consider some sort of pre-order system for the iPad where you can pick it up at the store on the first day otherwise it goes back into the inventory. they did it here in australia for the iPad 2 but not on the first day.... obviously apple wants the hysteria of the launch... but its getting old for people who have to get up at 4am or wait overnight or whatever.... not the best way to treat your customers. once is fun... three or four times is freaking annoying.

apple doesn't need to use these shitty tactics anymore... they have more money than anyone else anyway. they've won already.

Zeth

apple should seriously consider some sort of pre-order system for the iPad where you can pick it up at the store on the first day otherwise it goes back into the inventory. they did it here in australia for the iPad 2 but not on the first day.... obviously apple wants the hysteria of the launch... but its getting old for people who have to get up at 4am or wait overnight or whatever.... not the best way to treat your customers. once is fun... three or four times is freaking annoying.

apple doesn't need to use these shitty tactics anymore... they have more money than anyone else anyway. they've won already.

You can, just select in-store pickup before you check out.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Yeah i did that during the online checkout.

Also, you people who apple wants the devices in people's hands before the launch date are hilarious. If it arrives on Monday then someone would surely put it up on ebay for twice the price and overnight shipping.

Yeah i did that during the online checkout.

Also, you people who apple wants the devices in people's hands before the launch date are hilarious. If it arrives on Monday then someone would surely put it up on ebay for twice the price and overnight shipping.

I would. And wouldn't think anything of it.

snack

Taken from RedFlagDeals:

Skinomi screen protector for your new ipad (ipad 3) - shipped and sold from amazon.com (us site).
US $0.99 + $2.95 shipping. On Skinomi.com these are selling for $19.95. Apparently comparable quality to zagg or bestskinsever.

I was able to use a canadian billing and shipping address on amazon.com with no errors. Item shows as being sold and shipped by skinomi and on their website http://www.skinomi.com/ they list free shipping to Canada and US so I don't think there should be any problems.

Verizon + Wifi edition:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007I7E9SW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

At&t edition:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFSBNK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not sure what the difference is between the 2 versions, but i'd assume they are exactly the same.

I'm assuming these are the full body skins: $12.95 shipped:

Skinomi TechSkin - The New iPad Skin Protector Shield (AT&T)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFSBW6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Skinomi TechSkin - The New iPad Skin Protector Shield (Verizon + WiFi)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007I7E9YG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

From amazon:
-Goes on wet
-Virtually indestructible film with unmatched "invisible" screen clarity
-Made from the same film material used to protect military aircraft
-Smooth, non-sticky surface with patented layer of UV protection to prevent "yellowing"
-Manufacturer Lifetime Replacements

Just bought two for myself. 8 dollars shipped for both!

Muskweeto

I ordered a 64 gig black yesterday and I can't wait. Quick question: Would an iPad 2 screen protector work on the new iPad or did they change something? I know the unit itself is a bit thicker, but I'm not sure about the screen.
(Sorry if asked already.)

snack

I ordered a 64 gig black yesterday and I can't wait. Quick question: Would an iPad 2 screen protector work on the new iPad or did they change something? I know the unit itself is a bit thicker, but I'm not sure about the screen.
(Sorry if asked already.)

From everything I've seen and read the front is identical. Specs are identical.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So should I be worried that my iPad shipped this morning but the FedEx tracking number still cannot be found in their system, and I have not been charged?

kaskade

Mine is picked up by FedEx as well with the future delivery thing. I expected it to be next friday anyway. At least it'll give me something to look forward to.

Sean

Banned
Same here. I believe I got the order though less than two hours after the store first went live.

What model did you guys order?

I purchased a 64GB black WiFi as soon as the store went back up, but it still hasn't shipped. Not really worried just yet but I'm curious if they are shipping certain models out first. Seems all the people who have shipment notifications ordered 16-32GB models.

MercuryLS

Banned
I just want to take this opportunity to pimp Waterfield products, really fantastic stuff. Great build quality and the best customer service I've ever seen.

sfbags.com

I own these products from them and they are fantastic:

muzetto_laptop_green_lg.jpg

ipad_smartcase_ipad2_smartcover_fit_lg.jpg

tokkun

Because its a piece of hardware

It's apple trying to ensure the day remains as an "event"

Same thing happens with release day delivery from Amazon with video games. If it arrives early, they delay it until the release date.

Maybe the practice is worth a little criticism, but people also need to take it a little easy about these product launches. It's just another gadget, not some life-affirming event.

jey_16

Banned
Hmm. I'd say me - had an ipad 1, loved it, kids loved it. Hated the ios 5 update which made it horrible to use. Sold it ages ago now (January I think) to get the ipad 3, so I know what I've been missing all this time. And my kids really gave me stick for selling it (but they'll love the new one)

thats the only thing holding me back from getting the new one....i enjoyed using my ipad 1 but after the update to iOS5, it has just become a dog. its slow and Safari just crashes randomly. Its not even 2 years old yet! I am still deciding if i want to take a chance with another apple product......

Chris R

My order still says preparing for shipment :(

I just hope it doesn't arrive here in Anchorage and then fly all the way down to Kentucky, only to make the trip back up :|

Top Bottom