• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Looks like my Apple TV is finally shipping. Too much goodness coming Friday!

To those who owned or have owned the red smartcover:

How dirty does it get? Is it easy to clean?

I ordered a black iPad, and the black + red combination has me drooling.

I've had the tan leather cover, and haven't needed to clean it. Oils on the skin haven't made any ugly marks. And the natural scratches and wrinkles have just made it look better, weathered.

Also, think more, "Red and Silver", since you often only see the pad contrasting the back of the tablet.

shira

To those who owned or have owned the red smartcover:

How dirty does it get? Is it easy to clean?

I ordered a black iPad, and the black + red combination has me drooling.
I have the product red leather smartcover
It sucks, it stains easily, scratches easily and bleeds on white fabrics. You are better off buying the generic plastic clones for $5. They have gotten better in quality and if they get dirty you just get a new one.

It sucks, it stains easily, scratches easily and bleeds on white fabrics. You are better off buying the generic plastic clones for $5. They have gotten better in quality and if they get dirty you just get a new one.

is this with regard to the polyurethane version or the leather version? or both?

For the longest time I have lusted for a white iPad and baby blue smart cover. I know it's used in the majority of Apple's marketing but I personally think it looks the sharpest. Can't wait to put them together on Friday!

shira

is this with regard to the polyurethane version or the leather version? or both?
Sry the product red leather version, the colors are also not the same as on the website. I think they are more muted. They don't pop as much as in those pics.

Definitely something you want to look at and touch before you buy.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know, right? I have a Mac Mini connected to my TV. Why can't I AirPlay to it from my iPad? They built AirPlay into Mountain Lion, but it appears you can only AirPlay to the Apple TV, WTF? http://9to5mac.com/2012/02/16/video-os-x-mountain-lions-wireless-airplay-mirroring-in-action/

why dont' apple build in ipad mirroring to OSX? Surely its completely sensible to do?

BTW, the HDMI adapter for the ipad is $40, the apple TV is $99. I'd be tempted to go the extra mile and get the apple TV. You can hide it away if you're only going to use it for airplay, and you get the benefit of not having a tethered ipad, plus the extra features on the apple tv (eg jailbreak it and put XBMC/plex on it)
http://www.airserverapp.com/ <- not free but fairly cheap

kruskev

link!

interesting that $585 was the original price, then it went up to $1000. I wonder why.

yeah apparently the case was on sale for 585 on the thom browne site for a while but when back up to 995 once the new iPad was announced. There was only 1 item listed and I bought it :p

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
yeah apparently the case was on sale for 585 on the thom browne site for a while but when back up to 995 once the new iPad was announced. There was only 1 item listed and I bought it :p

You got a 585 dollar ipad case?

oatmeal

Banned
God, I'm so happy that my wife's contract is up on Thursday.

March 15th we can just waltz in, stepping over the camping hipsters, and pick up her 4S.

Appleman

For the longest time I have lusted for a white iPad and baby blue smart cover. I know it's used in the majority of Apple's marketing but I personally think it looks the sharpest. Can't wait to put them together on Friday!

That's the combo I rocked with the iPad 2 and I kept my cover when I sold it for the third gen. Looks really nice.

Deft Beck

most of the orders are being shipped indirect overnight with FedEx.

I wonder why some people have already received tracking numbers and whatnot whereas others are stuck with a prepping for shipment status? Perhaps it's a "rolling-out" situation.

Not too concerned, but I like speculating.

Zeth

Sharpest looking pair IMO. Gave it to my mother for Christmas.

To all of those buying Apple TV, why, movies?

My wife, daughter and I use ours to stream music, movies, TV shows, Netflix, and sometimes youtube from our computers/iPad/iPhone/Touch. Occasionally if there's a new movie we dont feel like heading down to a Redbox to get, we'll rent a movie, but the 4.99 per HD rental is a stupid price that we dont pay often. When they used to rent TV episodes for 99 cents, we'd use the service on nights when thunderstorms took out our directv service.

Zeth

I wonder why some people have already received tracking numbers and whatnot whereas others are stuck with a prepping for shipment status? Perhaps it's a "rolling-out" situation.

Not too concerned, but I like speculating.

Looks like a major portion of them magically appeared as "picked up" at FedEx hubs around the US waiting to be moved out (Middletown, PA is another one where a lot of east coaster packages seem to be). Others have had regular tracking direct from China, and more still are hanging at preparing or processing but all will likely be on time if they're listed for release delivery IMO. Similar things have happened with past Apple releases.

Sending extra data that's not going to be used isn't progress.

They will start being used in a year or so, when there are tens of millions of new iPads in the world, won't they?

partime

My wife, daughter and I use ours to stream music, movies, TV shows, Netflix, and sometimes youtube from our computers/iPad/iPhone/Touch. Occasionally if there's a new movie we dont feel like heading down to a Redbox to get, we'll rent a movie, but the 4.99 per HD rental is a stupid price that we dont pay often. When they used to rent TV episodes for 99 cents, we'd use the service on nights when thunderstorms took out our directv service.

We have Directv as well, renting from there is worse!

Top Bottom