• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

I was going back and forth and ended up getting the 32gb, and that was before any numbers were coming out with how big these retina apps are

just a shame Apple still has a 16gb iPad. It's going to really suck for iPad 1/2 owners who are downloading huge retina updates and apps for something they will never get use out of

this is all being somewhat overstated. 16GB owners will have what? 15,000MB or so available?

Even if your average app is 500MB, we're still talking about damn near 3 pages of apps. Of course, the average apps size is apparently between 30MB-40MB. Even if you double that, we're talking about less than 100MB per app. The average 16GB iPad owner will have space for probably well over 50 apps, realistically. Less as you add music, movies of course...but there you have it.

Weenerz

Banned
Heading to the Apple Store as early as possible to pick up a 32gb now, was going to do 16gb, but seeing the increase in app sizes, I think I have to adjust.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LTE speedtests are insane. people are going to burn through their data allotments way too quickly.

MrDenny

Haha, I sold an iPad to a Chinese man last year on craigslist.
He just texted me a year later out of no where asking if I will be getting more iPad 3s on the 16th.
This is hilarious, he was a really nice guy but I only sold him one ipad last year so I don't know why he chose to save my number.

MThanded

He just texted me a year later out of no where asking if I will be getting more iPad 3s on the 16th.
This is hilarious, he was a really nice guy, but I only sold him one ipad last year so I don't know why he saved my number.

LOL

Heel

This is hilarious, he was a really nice guy but I only sold him one ipad last year so I don't know why he chose to save my number.

Hahaha at first I read this as he wants your next hand-me-down iPad, which is even funnier.

MThanded

My epiphany came when I placed my iPad 2 next to the new model, with the same text on the screen. Letters and words that had seemed sharp on the older model five minutes earlier suddenly looked fuzzier.

As I tested the new model over five days, I found I was able to use smaller font sizes to read books and email. The same photos I had enjoyed on the older model looked much better on the new one, not only because of the increased resolution, but because Apple claims it increased color saturation by 44%.

L6jyg.gif

Especially the Gizmodo one.
The gizmodo review got lost in a bar and giga found it.

"On the iPad I’m testing out, I have three pages of apps, a few hundred photos, one HD movie, and one music album. It’s really not that much stuff, but it takes up over 20 GB of storage. The apps alone are over 10 GB of that."​

Well damn. trade in your 16 giggers, boys.

MThanded

"On the iPad I’m testing out, I have three pages of apps, a few hundred photos, one HD movie, and one music album. It’s really not that much stuff, but it takes up over 20 GB of storage. The apps alone are over 10 GB of that."​

Well damn. trade in your 16 giggers, boys.

He had 10 GB of ipad 2 apps. But yeah. them 16 giggers...

If my wife asks, tell her the reviews called it hot garbage. Something tells me there's another "new" iPad in my future after this Friday.

He had 10 GB of ipad 2 apps. But yeah. them 16 giggers...

Yea, i'm just thinking...3 pages of apps is about 40 apps...almost none of which would have been made "retina compatible" or whatever they're calling it.

Upgrade dem shits, fellas.

Meh. I'll be fine with my 16GB.

I hope
as long as you're willing to add/remove apps you don't use constantly, it should be fine.

for awhile.

elfinke

The photo used at the top of The Verge article is simply astounding.

Also even though I had read that gizmodo link before, lol.

HoTHiTTeR

FUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

16GB in transit, but you've all scared me into getting a 32GB. I guess I'll have to go wait @ BB or the Apple Store tomorrow night/morning SUPER early.

MThanded

It's a free Apple service where the most recent 1000 photos you take on your iPhone or add to your PC/Mac are automatically added to your devices.

I have this disabled because for a long time you could not remove things from the photostream.

I should probably buy the iPad version of tweetbot. Seems like they already updated the graphics for retina. Only one more day boys.

It's kinda crappy of them that it's not a universal app as the iPad version is basically an HD version of the iPhone app that being said, the Twitter app is unusable so yeah buy it.

Some of the comments on the reviews are more entertaining than the reviews themselves :lol

Honestly.....I couldn't disagree with the headline more. While the new iPad is obviously a phenomenal product, ICS-based tablets are gaining a lot of ground, and for good reason. I bought one this week instead of an iPad. Why? Background tasks, widgets, easy ssh/shell access, torrenting, open file system, ability to access from my desktop (airdroid), etc.. It's simply a better product at this point.

It's a free Apple service where the most recent 1000 photos you take on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad or add to your PC/Mac are automatically added to your devices in a separate album called Photostream.

oh that's cool. I take so few photos with my iPhone, I never even noticed.

Top Bottom