• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

numble

oh that's cool. I take so few photos with my iPhone, I never even noticed.

It also works if you're computer is set up to add your other photos to Photostream, so when you connect a DSLR or whatever to load photos on your computer, they are added to Photostream (and thus added to your iPad).

kaskade

"This screen sort of ruins other screens for you."

aw damn
I was thinking that. It can't imagine in being nice going from the iPad screen to a macbook one.

"I would have to say yes. I literally had to fight off women when I was testing the new iPad." haha. Bitches love retina.

It also works if you're computer is set up to add your other photos to Photostream, so when you connect a DSLR or whatever to load photos on your computer, they are added to Photostream (and thus added to your iPad).

gonna have to look up how to do this on my Mac pronto. I can't wait to see what my DLSR pictures look like on this thing. hnnnnnnng

I was thinking that. It can't imagine in being nice going from the iPad screen to a macbook one.
fortunately, my 17" MBP has a similar resolution, based on the usual 16" viewing distance. But I wanna see!

Probably next iPad I would buy after this one would be the haptic one.

Also what word doc app do you guys use?

I've bought iA Writer but don't like the margins/lack of options.
Also bought Writings which is alright but not in love with it.

Thankfully the 16GB ipad I have coming is for my mother.. and she mainly just does e-mail but might branch out into books, etc. if they are available.. she has never come close to filling up 16GB on any device I've given her.. even the entire contents of her computer hard drive would fit onto an ipad.. so I don't think it will be an issue for her.

I'm thinking about a 64GB Verizon LTE model for myself, though.. because I will be more likely to load it with content.. movies, tv shows, etc.

rezuth

bB59g.jpg

displaycompare.jpg
I've got a semi.

see5harp

Josh just said in the live chat that the G-Mail icon isn't even Retina Display size. That's an upscaled icon. I now have a full on raging boner.

HoTHiTTeR

I knew apple had a warehouse here but lmao....

Apple TV just shipped out, from my zip code. It'll be here tomorrow according to FedEx and the scans.

I don't put much music or any kind of video on my touch but for an ipad i can see myself using it for video quite often, i'm so torn over the entry level 16GB model, don't really want to pay out of my nose but I want an ipad.

Sayig that, checking my ipod right now I am only using about 15GB of the 32 I have, half of those apps I don't play but are just on there because they are well known like infinity blade.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Man, and that's with an up-ressed icon...

No way is that just upressed. That has to be natively retina.

Great reviews, even more excited about Friday. Picking up at my local Apple Store around 8pm, so hopefully everybody will have already picked up and I will be able to be in and out.

Other downsides: The back of the device appears to get hotter than its predecessor, which in turn got noticeably hotter than the original iPad. We suppose this is inevitable given all the extra processing going on, but it is a worrying trend. And some benchmark tests found the new iPad to be slightly slower at the basics — such as loading web pages than its predecessor.
http://mashable.com/2012/03/14/new-ipad-early-review-roundup/

No way is that just upressed. That has to be natively retina.

Great reviews, even more excited about Friday. Picking up at my local Apple Store around 8pm, so hopefully everybody will have already picked up and I will be able to be in and out.

tbh, it doesn't look natively retina. too blurry around the lines and edges of the letter.

first review I've read that noted weaker browser performance. let's see if this trend continues. MacWorld said:

webperfchart2-275269.png

so yea.

Spawnling

You know, this is just my opinion, but Apple may have a hit product here.

I see what you did thar.

Still not convinced that the features are that much greater than the previous product. It would be something that I would have to try for myself. I'm not sold on it, going back to read more reviews.

After using an iphone 4s and the absolutely stunning screen, I can't even begin to imagine that all sized up to 10 inches...

I have the money to place an order, but I have a class to pay for :(

Also really love The Verge reviews. A lot. They do a fantastic job.

Cheebo

Banned
What is wrong with the kindle app? Can't read the reviews right now.

Text despite being automatically better across the board still isn't nearly as sharp in the Kindle app as iBooks due to lack of retina. I assume Amazon will go retina but who knows when.

Vyer

there's certainly no stutter, stagger, or delay when using the tablet. Apps opened and closed quickly and without issue, app switching was efficient, and graphically-intensive games played smoothly on the device.

As far as the battery life of the new iPad is concerned, I can say that the device pretty much lives up to Apple's ambitious claims. I ran our battery test on the device using both Wi-Fi and solely on Verizon's LTE network, and in both tests the rundown ended almost (but not exactly) where Apple says it should.

mmmmmmm

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Text despite being automatically better across the board still isn't nearly as sharp in the Kindle app as iBooks due to lack of retina. I assume Amazon will go retina but who knows when.

Betting it happens before the weekend is over. They don't want to fall behind.

bgbball31

"A four hour loop of HD video continuously playing – with email, Twitter and other updates being pulled in over LTE in the background – saw the new iPad’s battery drop from 70-percent to 51-percent. Extrapolating from that rate, the tablet could last more than 20 hours"

From the Slash Gear review. Wow this would be amazing.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
"A four hour loop of HD video continuously playing – with email, Twitter and other updates being pulled in over LTE in the background – saw the new iPad’s battery drop from 70-percent to 51-percent. Extrapolating from that rate, the tablet could last more than 20 hours"

That sounds a little unlikely, but sure, that would be nice.

Edit: Yeah, most reviews seem to say that the battery is pretty much like Apple said, 10 hours or so, just like the Ipad2.

I don't know about all that, but the battery life we get on an iPad...it's shit other tablets just can't do. you really can watch movies on loop all day and never fatigue the iPad. it's amazing.

Top Bottom