• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Which writing apps have "track changes" like in MS Word? Can Pages do that?

Mostly planning on editing my reviews on the go with the iPad versus having to bring my netbook or laptop to edit a doc really fast, while still showing my editor my changes.

Thanks!

now that I think about it. only thing which is really missing and very Apple like to add but oddly missing is an upgrade to the front camera. Usually you can say Apple will upgrade it next iteration but this was THE obvious choice which was skipped over. My issue is when during facetime the old res camera will look absolutely terrible over retina display

As I read these reviews, I am second guessing myself on my choice of getting a 16 gig. I don't see myself having hundreds of photos and songs saved on it, but I don't want to have to delete old apps to make room for new ones. I wonder what the average size of an app will be. I had a 16 gig iPod touch with pages of apps and countless pictures and songs and I probably only filled up 8 gigs.

I use Pages, although it depends what your requirements are. The iWork stuff is kind of annoying when it comes to getting files in and out but otherwise I like them. Other people like the other office apps out there.

Basically to write out thoughts/etc. on blogs and short stories I write.

Normally write on my computer but I like to get out of the house and I don't have a laptop so I use my iPad instead.

It all comes down to "feel" of the app.
I don't want to feel too boxed in and I want there to be a good selection of fonts to make it look nice.

Picky, picky - I know.

Eh, I think it says more about how far behind Sony is in this market.
True, it's amazing to me that a product so obviously ill-conceived and flawed can make it all the way through Sony and to market shows how fucked that company is. It's sad how irrelevant they've become.

Sony is a hardware company, they need to take their heads out of their asses and start designing better software

but in the case of this tablet, it was the hardware design that failed first and foremost. bad software decisions were simply the nails in the coffin. tegra2? for a dual-screen tablet running Android? I mean really, Sony?

Sitting here looking at storage usage on my 16 ipad 2 as I type this out.

1.8gb free

Biggest storage whores: GTA3(690mb), music (2gb), Deathsmiles and DDP (~1gb total), where's Waldo (590mb!?!?!), solar walk, Morris lessmore (again, kids), Dora ballet (I sense a trend)

So I guess I'm getting at If I don't let my kids play with the new iPad and I'm perfectly fine with a 16 and I can manage the content.

japtor

In 2x it will be upscaled to 1920x1280.
It's like some unholy combination of HD resolutions.
I'm wondering though if a non-retina iPhone-only app will run at the native 480x320 (lol tiny apps) and if it can be upscaled up to 4x its resolution to fill the iPad screen, which would be amusing.
probably show at 2x/4x, which means even at the smallest size they'll look like shit. I wonder if they'll do a straight pixel double for them or be all inconsistent like is now with some apps smoothed.
Which writing apps have "track changes" like in MS Word? Can Pages do that?

Mostly planning on editing my reviews on the go with the iPad versus having to bring my netbook or laptop to edit a doc really fast, while still showing my editor my changes.

Thanks!
90% sure iOS Pages doesn't have that. Check out the other big office apps I guess, Quick Office and Documents To Go are the major ones iirc. RIM bought Docs To Go guys so I have no clue what the future of that one is though.
Basically to write out thoughts/etc. on blogs and short stories I write.

Normally write on my computer but I like to get out of the house and I don't have a laptop so I use my iPad instead.

It all comes down to "feel" of the app.
I don't want to feel too boxed in and I want there to be a good selection of fonts to make it look nice.

Picky, picky - I know.
Well it could work, but the whole computer<->iOS thing with Pages is a mess right now, and that's if you even have a Mac with Pages in the first place. If it weren't for that I think it might work, with the caveat of the "feel" possibly being all wrong for you for all I know.

Maybe one of the blogging apps instead if most of the stuff will end up there? I've been too cheap to buy any and just have the free WordPress app if I feel like doing something there. That one is pretty barebones but it seems like there might be some other decent ones.
Sony has been riding the failboat to Disasterland for some time now. It's like watching a slow trainwreck.

How does a product like this ever make it out of the labs and into the market? It only hurts the brand.
I'm fine with wacky shit like that in the labs, if nothing else they're apparently open to new ideas, but yeah if it works as poorly as that it should never make it into the public.

no_to_co

sold my ipad 2 today. crusing neogaf on my PS Vita. cant wait for Friday morning when I get inline somewhere and try to get the new iPad.

Wubby

2pm Thursday here in Japan. Tracking shows my iPad was in Tokyo yesterday so by any luck I should have it by this time tomorrow. 24 hours to go!

ido

This has been the slowest fucking week ever.

Here is a question, even though I think I will be just fine with 16GB: If I purchased a custom engraving, can I still replace the iPad within a certain amount of time at an apple store with a 32GB model(non-engraved, obviously)? And if so, how does that work exactly? Can the original not be opened at all?

My wife is going to end up wanting one of these, god damn it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
hmmm yeah i'm kinda wishing I would have gone the LTE route too right now...

It seems like a good idea. I thought about it too. However, I think i would destroy my tiered plan too quickly. Its probably best I stay away from LTE

Top Bottom