• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

I'm just thinking about how remarkable pictures are going to look on the iPad. Seeing some of the Retina Display Assets on the Apple website is incredible.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Happy New ipad eve everyone! Less than 24 hours we shall be getting our ipads!

Probably more than 24 hours :( More likely something like 27 hours...boo! BOO!

NekoFever

I just used the automated phone order tracking service on the Apple Store and it gave me a completely different TNT tracking number, but that one doesn't work either :(

UK GAF Kittens

I just called TNT and they said:

"Yeah.. nobodies reference numbers work from Apple, we are getting MANY calls about it throughout the UK."

"We don't see any problems, it's just the sheer number of orders is causing some system issues"

Tadale

Mine has left Tennessee, says it will be here tomorrow (Southeast Georgia, near Savannah).

Bought a green smart cover yesterday to go along with the black iPad.

Probably more than 24 hours :( More likely something like 27 hours...boo! BOO!

Oh shut up. You have to wait 27 hours, I have to wait 20 days.

CMvBL.png

My apple tv shipped and shows delivery today. Wtf? My iPad still hasn't left Nashville

Edit: oh fuck, my apple tv is in my city. Come on FedEx, send the iPad!

More...

I then phoned Apple UK.

"Don't worry, it's all fine. TNT tracking will show up by tomorrow".

"We are getting lots of calls about this" - Yes, that's because your tracking number is untraceable so we can't track our product.

(I didn't say that).

They actually just shipped mine to a facility further away, from Harrisburg, Pa, which is a little over an hour away, to Newark, NJ, which is a little over 3 hours away. I'm not concerned, I'm sure it'll arrive tomorrow. It's just a little strange.

They actually just shipped mine to a facility further away, from Harrisburg, Pa, which is a little over an hour away, to Newark, NJ, which is a little over 3 hours away. I'm not concerned, I'm sure it'll arrive tomorrow. It's just a little strange.

are you near philly because that would be handled by the coast line.

Mine is in Harrisburg and I'm in northern virgnia. I figure it'll take the scenic drive down route 15 south through Maryland, stop at a sheetz for some food and cross the Potomac like the union army.

Mine is in Harrisburg and I'm in northern virgnia. I figure it'll take the scenic drive down route 15 south through Maryland, stop at a sheetz for some food and cross the Potomac like the union army.

I am in Harrisburg. a LOT of iPads are apparently waiting in line in Harrisburg/Middletown. I should have gone yesterday to the fedex facility and seen the chaos

hwalker84

I'm in Pittsburgh my iPad was in Harrisburg yesterday. I was hopeful that it may receive it early but they shipped the damn thing to an Indiana sorting facility just so I don't get it early.

Seriously considering a half day tomorrow. Oh god...

Edit: My Apple TV is out for delivery.

Edit2: My iPad order updated with "Shipment information sent to FedEx". Does this mean it's about to move?

kaskade

Mine is in transit now. FedEx is usually earlier in the day for me. UPS usually comes between like 3-5pm. Sometimes the FedEx guy will deliver it to my work for me too which is nice.

My AppleTV is out for delivery as well. Wasn't expecting it until tomorrow. Guess I'll have it all configured for when the iPad gets here.

Reviews are all positive on the iPad as well. Can't wait to witness the screen first hand.

Top Bottom