• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

My AppleTV is out for delivery as well. Wasn't expecting it until tomorrow. Guess I'll have it all configured for when the iPad gets here.

Reviews are all positive on the iPad as well. Can't wait to witness the screen first hand.

I'm wondering if FEDEX negotiated with apple to sent the apple tv out early in order to free up room for traveling iPads tonight.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fedex tried to deliver my smart cover yesterday but I wasn't home. They will try again today. The iPad is sitting in Memphis.

Appleman

Constantly refreshing the tracking page despite signing up for email updates... I feel like this is the definition of addiction

Syncreon by any chance?

Fedex. Neither my wife nor I will be there to sign for it though and we're getting rain/snow in Seattle so unless they deliver it at lunch, I'm gonna let it go until tomorrow rather than have it sit outside for hours. Can't work from home today.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I am pissed about the front camera still being a complete POS. Why would they do that!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Absolutely.

However, I'm guessing it's a carrier request. I imagine using facetime over LTE would eat your data cap very quickly.

The carriers want us to chew into our data caps so they can charge us overage fees. The game they need to play is slowly releasing the shackles that they made sure were in place when the default plans were all unlimited so that users can test the waters on how much data they'll end up consuming.

With the app download size restrictions and FaceTime over Wifi restrictions...people could annihilate their data plans and cry fowl...so by slowly letting out the reigns people get used to consuming more data over a longer period of time and they'll naturally bump up their plans to match their consumption patterns.

It's shitty, but I get it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
iPad "4".

I bet. All this talk about the useless iSight camera in the back is meaningless. The front one is the only important camera. I wonder if we can open the iPad up and swap camera positions. Doubt it.

AndTAR

Looks like some of y'all are about to get applejizz all over your hands!
Yeah, it's becoming a bit painful to observe all this from the cold Scandinavia. Another week of waiting here - and apparently, they aren't even allowed to set up demo kiosks before the release.

Is there a video of the comparison in UI/loading speeds between the iPad 2 and the new iPad yet? I would think between the GPU and the 1GB of RAM, there would be several performance advantages.

kagete

I tried reading back 5 pages at 100ppp but couldn't find the link someone typed in earlier during the week that had full-res wallpapers for the new ipad. My GF wants to pick out wallpapers early and would love to have the link if anyone has it handy.

Thanks in advance!

RubxQub

I'm getting that horrible feeling that people are going to be getting their iPads today and it's going to make me a very very jealous colorful puzzle box.

Many rages of envy will be had.

jts

...hate me...
I bet. All this talk about the useless iSight camera in the back is meaningless. The front one is the only important camera. I wonder if we can open the iPad up and swap camera positions. Doubt it.
Yeah... that won't happen. But why would you need a front camera with 5MPx and great optics? Talk about overkill.

They just need to slap the 720p back camera from the previous iPad (or the current iPod touch) and be done with it.

It's rather strange because right after Apple came up FaceTime in 2010 for the iPhone 4, they went all out to update the Macs' cameras to "FaceTime HD" grade. Now suddenly FaceTime HD isn't relevant at all.

Although... if they're struggling with carriers to bring FaceTime to 3G/4G, upping the resolution won't help - but software could take care of that of course.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting that horrible feeling that people are going to be getting their iPads today and it's going to make me a very very jealous colorful puzzle box.

Many rages of envy will be had.

I want to see some enormous screenshots already!

my monitor is not ready

kinggroin

Banned
How much is the new appletv? Does it support Netflix @ 1080pDD5.1? Can I rent from the apple store? Can I use YouTube movie rentals on it?

What all can be streamed to it? Can I stream mkvs stored on an external device?

Thanks guys. BB credited me $650 so I'm thinking I may get the ATV to go with the pad. If ima do this, ima do it right.

Kreven

Anyone in Canada received any update from UPS? (non-engraved, seems like these ones left China earlier this week)

Mine's still "Order Processed: Ready for UPS".

giga

Oh shut up. You have to wait 27 hours, I have to wait 20 days.

CMvBL.png
You deserve it for using an OS with that sort of font rendering.

RubxQub

My iPad has finally moved from Middletown, PA to Newark, NJ.

HNNNNNGH...

Middletown, PA iPad GAF needs to regroup and plan a hostile takeover of the Newark facility! They've got our shit! IT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS!!!

Top Bottom