• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

dojokun

Banned
That really does not seem like something Apple would do. Way too obscure with very little practical use for 90% of people buying them.

I think if it gets reliable enough, the audio thing would. Four guys with instruments standing in a circle. Place the iPad in the middle and record a 4 track audio recording.

As for the cameras, honestly I see potential for gaming purposes. Make a multiplayer map online that matches your backyard in seconds? hell yeah.

Cheebo

Banned
I think if it gets reliable enough, the audio thing would. Four guys with instruments standing in a circle. Place the iPad in the middle and record a 4 track audio recording.

I think Apple would rather you use Garage Band, especially with the new Jam Session feature they added.

Alright, so my iPad is getting delivered to my office tomorrow. Some of my coworkers are excited to see the thing and experience the beautiful retina display. What would be the best website to visit and show off the display? Do you think the stock photos in iPhoto will be enough? Apple.com?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Mar 15, 2012 12:50 PM
Departed FedEx location - NEWARK, NJ

...ITS MOVING! AAAAHHH!!!

123rl

I think it's hilarious that people criticise the new iPad's extra size as if it's a legitimate problem. It shows how irrational their hatred is for Apple when they have to bitch about such irrelevant "problems". Battery takes longer to charge? That's because it's almost twice as large. Apple can't change the laws of physics, dumbass.

I think it's hilarious that people criticise the new iPad's extra size as if it's a legitimate problem. It shows how irrational their hatred is for Apple when they have to bitch about such irrelevant "problems". Battery takes longer to charge? That's because it's almost twice as large. Apple can't change the laws of physics, dumbass.

I find stalwart opposers and stalwart defenders equally funny.

dojokun

Banned
I just called UPS and the lady said my package hasn't even cleared customs yet... hope fading.

LOL we are like, having definite #firstworldproblems syndrome when the day of getting our iPads is our worry. Not that I wouldn't be worrying if I was in your situation, just observing.

railGUN

Banned
To or from Canada?

I'm in Canada - however, thinking about it, the product left Apple (China I assume) on the 12th and the tracking info on UPS hasn't changed since then, so I doubt it's been in customs for days, so I'm really hoping their system is just fucked and she didn't know what she was talking about.

kehs

Banned

Apple should be spending some of it's massively accruing profits into developing new battery technology instead of resting on their laurels as people keep eating up whatever recycled marginally bloated thing they churn out year after year ad nauseum.

RubxQub

Apple should be spending some of it's massively accruing profits into developing new battery technology instead of resting on their laurels as people keep eating up whatever recycled marginally bloated thing they churn out year after year ad nauseum.

We should create a new euphenism: "Cook"

Cook (ku - uk): def <verb> to be fucking up royally.

ex. "The battery in the new iPad takes twice as long to charge as the previous generation?! Looks like Apple Cook'd up another product!"

Salmonax

My iPad successfully made the journey from Ontario to Oakland. Now it just has one little bridge to cross and the precious is ours. Hype!

kehs

Banned
We should create a new euphenism: "Cook"

Cook (ku - uk): def <verb> to be fucking up royally.

ex. "The battery in the new iPad takes twice as long to charge as the previous generation?! Looks like Apple Cook'd up another product!"

The new iPad is going to Cook my legs if I use it while charging.

RubxQub

You mean like the did with the new "recycled marginally bloated thing" aka the New iPad? I mean batteries with this much power in such a small space is new. And considering a number of the reviews have mentioned how remarkable it is that Apple was able to up the performance on the device without losing ground in battery life, and only making it slightly thicker, I'd say their R&D in battery technology is being put to good use.

MercuryLS

Banned
new_ipad_102037_gallery_post.jpg

I'll take that thickness compromise.

*cancels pre-order*

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
This thread is going to be insane tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the impressions of folks that got theirs and the rage venting from those that didn't.

kehs

Banned
You mean like the did with the new "recycled marginally bloated thing" aka the New iPad? I mean batteries with this much power in such a small space is new. And considering a number of the reviews have mentioned how remarkable it is that Apple was able to up the performance on the device without losing ground in battery life, and only making it slightly thicker, I'd say their R&D in battery technology is being put to good use.

Such amazing R&D that they couldn't manage to miniaturize it enough and had to make such a large regression in component design or even get it up to snuff to power a true retina display. Instead they settled. This is definitely a post-Jobs Apple, and it shows there's a new Cook Cooking up dennovations all around.

Salmonax

Such amazing R&D that they couldn't manage to miniaturize it enough and had to make such a large regression in component design or even get it up to snuff to power a true retina display. Instead they settled. This is definitely a post-Jobs Apple, and it shows there's a new Cook Cooking up dennovations all around.

First they came for the thickness, and I didn't speak out...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

F4uZf.gif

The hyperbole is nice and all, but I'd also settle for pics of the (inevitable) lineups forming. Gotta think Pacific Centre (Vancouver) must have somebody stupid/crazy enough to be in line right now.

mysterion86

Neo Member
I have a 64gb ipod touch, which i use mainly for music on my daily commute.Should i sell it off after i get the ipad (32gb)?The issue is the Ipad isn't the best device to listen to music on the go.

Salmonax

I have a 64gb ipod touch, which i use mainly for music on my daily commute.Should i sell it off after i get the ipad (32gb)?The issue is the Ipad isn't the best device to listen to music on the go.

I personally wouldn't use the iPad as a primary portable music player. You'd have to carry some sort of a bag with you at all times.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I find it amusing that my iPad went from Middletown, PA to Indianapolis, IN considering I live in Pittsburgh. I guess FedEx felt like taking it on a road trip.

MThanded

I find it amusing that my iPad went from Middletown, PA to Indianapolis, IN considering I live in Pittsburgh. I guess FedEx felt like taking it on a road trip.

Damn a lot of Pittsburgh folks(including me) are in this thread. I pick mine up at the apple store tomorrow.

tokkun

My point wasn't that those regressions make the iPad 3 undesirable, but that it was unusual for Apple to push a technology upgrade in a specific product line at the cost of ergonomics.

This has been the previous rationale for not including LTE in iPhones, has it not?

My point wasn't that those regressions make the iPad 3 undesirable, but that it was unusual for Apple to push a technology upgrade in a specific product line at the cost of ergonomics.

This has been the previous rationale for not including LTE in iPhones, has it not?

1) Well, we've already covered the shape change, so that's not an issue
2) It's heavier, but Apple has always prioritized battery life (and yet, still not iPad1 heavy)
3) LTE wasn't previously included because it needed
- active networks worldwide (if it's only AT&T, why bother?)
- non-battery destroying chipsets (aka: small and low wattage)
- reasonable yield (Apple makes stuff in large scales)

MThanded

It's all a game of tradeoffs. I presume they think the concessions were worth it.

Top Bottom