• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Choosing women over the Madden League?

Clearly he doesn't have his priorities straight! BOO THIS MAN! BOOOOO!
Booo!

A real man would ignore the temptations of Napa and the searing, hate filled stares from the wife to play a video game filled with young, supple men in tights.

This is clearly not a real man!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LJ11 said:
What time?

league should advance after truelize and somnia play their game. anytime after that should be fine with me. Preferably after the giants skins game but im down for whenever

Fifty

If the league hasn't advanced by then, as soon as the NFL game is over I'm going to advance it. There's just no good reason to keep it locked at such a prime time. Forgive me FMT. (edit: Although they said they're playing during the first hour of the game, so odds are it'll be done before the game is over anyway)

Surely we'll get on a more guaranteed advancement schedule into week 2 and 3.

Somnia

Fifty said:
If the league hasn't advanced by then, as soon as the NFL game is over I'm going to advance it. There's just no good reason to keep it locked at such a prime time. Forgive me FMT. (edit: Although they said they're playing during the first hour of the game, so odds are it'll be done before the game is over anyway)

Surely we'll get on a more guaranteed advancement schedule into week 2 and 3.

I'm waiting for True to IM me...we we're suppose to play an hour and 20 minutes ago, but nothing so far. I sent him an IM, but nada. No idea if something came up on his end or what.

Fifty

Somnia said:
I'm waiting for True to IM me...we we're suppose to play an hour and 20 minutes ago, but nothing so far. I sent him an IM, but nada. No idea if something came up on his end or what.

Ok, well rest assured that you won't be holding up the rest of the league. He'll just be annoying you..not the rest of us ;)

LJ11

CB3 said:
league should advance after truelize and somnia play their game. anytime after that should be fine with me. Preferably after the giants skins game but im down for whenever

Cool, I'll be around.

GQman2121

Banned
Since the NFL season has officially kicked off, has EA put up an updated roster with all of the cuts and what not over the last few days? I mean a few decent players are currently out of jobs right now.......

Somnia

Ok True and I are playing as soon as the Giants/Skins game is over...we got a hold of each other finally :D

Ramirez you up for playing our game tonight after True and I finish (if the league is advanced by then)? If so shoot me an IM when you might be available (or PM me)..aim = Somnia1982

Fifty

Since the game's winding down and I'm playing my game when it ends..I'm unofficially advancing the week now. Week 2 unlocked.

I've got AIM now, username is bobalynxamount.

I can play at your convenience this weekend, but late evenings are MUCH better for me. Anytime after 10:00 PM EST is great for me.

Ramirez

Somnia said:
Ok True and I are playing as soon as the Giants/Skins game is over...we got a hold of each other finally :D

Ramirez you up for playing our game tonight after True and I finish (if the league is advanced by then)? If so shoot me an IM when you might be available (or PM me)..aim = Somnia1982

Im at my g/fs house til tomorrow, could play tomorrow night.

Fifty

GG GQ. It was pretty damn ugly, but what can you do. You had shitty luck early on, what with TWO user strip fumbles being called back because of facemask penalties. I've never seen that happen before. Just really unfortunate.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex,I'm free for our week two game late tomorrow night starting at 11 pm eastern on and I have no clue what my schedule will be like Saturday,but I should be able to play at some point.

Whats good for you?

Somnia

Ramirez said:
Im at my g/fs house til tomorrow, could play tomorrow night.

I get home around 10PM CST from work tomorrow...I'll be up tomorrow night if that works.

GG Truelize sucks about the lag in the beginning of the 1st quarter for ya =(

GQman2121

Banned
Fifty said:
GG GQ. It was pretty damn ugly, but what can you do. You had shitty luck early on, what with TWO user strip fumbles being called back because of facemask penalties. I've never seen that happen before. Just really unfortunate.

GG Fifty.

I pretty much couldn't run the ball for shit and you couldn't stop running on me. The cpu would just toss my linemen out of the way if I got within a yard of them, but you didn't seem to have a problem squeezing through.

It was the pass in week one, it was the run in week two. Week three has to be my week......

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG LJ

Fuck Fumbles

Reggie Brown = Keenan McCardell (For those of you that remember my chargers season)
In 4 plays i had 3 drops and a holding call -_-

Ramirez

Somnia said:
I get home around 10PM CST from work tomorrow...I'll be up tomorrow night if that works.

GG Truelize sucks about the lag in the beginning of the 1st quarter for ya =(

Yup, sounds good.

LJ11

CB3 said:
GG LJ

Fuck Fumbles

Reggie Brown = Keenan McCardell (For those of you that remember my chargers season)
In 4 plays i had 3 drops and a holding call -_-

Good game man, tons of dropped balls on your side. That muffed punt really was a game changer. I was having a tough time with the run and Hardy just dropped that deep ball.

Westbrook was tough to handle. I think that if you stuck with the run a bit more you might have done a bit more damage, I couldn't stop him on the outside.

It seems like most games I play in Buffalo have snow/rain, maybe it just feels that way.

What's your guys take on allowing manual catching? It feels like your hamstrung at times with certain throws because you cant user catch them. I'm not a fan of taking control of a WR and moving him around like a mad man, just straight user catch, nothing insane.

I swatted a couple of balls, that may have been caught if manual catching was allowed. It's much easier to swat passes than in years passed, and it kind of weakens an offense when the D can move his CB/FF/SS but your WR is set on his predetermined path. Your left hoping that the ball drops in or he hangs on.

I know it opens up potential issues, but it's worth considering.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
It seems like most games I play in Buffalo have snow/rain, maybe it just feels that way.
Yeah, practically every time I've played you where you hosted was in the snow. :\

What's your guys take on allowing manual catching? It feels like your hamstrung at times with certain throws because you cant user catch them. I'm not a fan of taking control of a WR and moving him around like a mad man, just straight user catch, nothing insane.

I swatted a couple of balls, that may have been caught if manual catching was allowed. It's much easier to swat passes than in years passed, and it kind of weakens an offense when the D can move his CB/FF/SS but your WR is set on his predetermined path. Your left hoping that the ball drops in or he hangs on.

I know it opens up potential issues, but it's worth considering.
Well from what I've seen in other leagues and their videos, it's bs to be honest. If it was allowed, I guarantee you I would score on every drive. If it's decided that it's going to be taken out of the rules, such is life, but I would prefer to keep the current rule.

The only problem is that, in years past, we were able to hit the swat button as the WR, but that option is no longer available. I think you can still tackle, though. Still, I think bringing in manual catching just raises more problems.

I would introduce the real unstoppable passing offense if it was allowed. :p

LJ11

Yeah, it opens up issues. I'm not a fan of moving the WR to extremes, looping him around etc, just a slight move and catch. Just wanted to see what others thought.

i see the league advanced!

unfortunately i wont be able to do the power rankings and awards until saturday afternoon. party tomorrow night to celebrate the 49ers victory!

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Yeah, it opens up issues. I'm not a fan of moving the WR to extremes, looping him around etc, just a slight move and catch. Just wanted to see what others thought.

I think as soon as someone takes control of a defender to make a play on the ball in the air, it should be open season on manual wideout. Too many times I've seen player-controlled DBs step in front of a pass that I could've just as easily cut back to grab. It's just one of the league's glaring inconsistencies designed to favor defenses
and DM

Sorry FMT!

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
I think as soon as someone takes control of a defender to make a play on the ball in the air, it should be open season on manual wideout. Too many times I've seen player-controlled DBs step in front of a pass that I could've just as easily cut back to grab. It's just one of the league's glaring inconsistencies designed to favor defenses
and DM

Sorry FMT!
LUKESMITH (11:07:37 PM): passing is so easy this year

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
LUKESMITH (11:07:37 PM): passing is so easy this year

It is, but you can't overlook the fundamental inconsistency at the player control level that puts offense at an inherent disadvantage and always has in these crusty, fossil-filled rules. If player A throws and Player B is not playing a DB, but takes control of one when the ball is in the air, now player A is at a competitive disadvantage. In a league that tries to stress fairness and sim ball, it should ultimately be player skill dictating the outcome, not a functional competitive advantage for the defense.

This is all said, of course, with me being the first to admit I am petrified of taking control of a DB or a wideout in pure, unadulterated fear of screwing myself.

frankly i like it how it is now. the game HEAVILY favors WR's in the first place. i went 11/12 with alex smith. come on guys. there is little defense for a "star" WR who is user controlled on a deep bomb. if the overwhelming majority want user catches allowed id consider it, but i think the way the game is now that no user catches is very fair!

p.s. you just want it so you can mike vick people with reggie wayne!

p.s.s. there are more animations for the wr, including the jetpack jump catch. the CB does not have this animation, and instead only has the "one hand jump off 1 foot" animation, which sometimes misses the mark.

honestly i rarely see people controlling DB's while the pass is in the air. there's just no time for most people to react to these passes. now people controlling the safeties of course, because they're controlling them from the get go. but on non-deep passes i dont knkow that ive ever seen someone control the cb

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, now that you've had Madden a bit, Ror's, how is McFadden holding up? Sure, it's not real life, but "is the hype reaaaal?"

Top Bottom