• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I hate the fact I cant get ready on D when the player lets the camera slowly go to the line of scrimmage and I cant see shit...F u EA!

I hate the lack of penalties.

GG Ram,but next game could you press X quicker so I don't have to watch Ben's ass walk up to the line.I'm not sure you knew about making it go quicker,since you never play the game.

Parker tore me a new one,but his stats look inflated cause of one huge ass run where my guys said fuck it and let him run a 95+ yarder right up the middle.I can't react quick enough in the snow when I have to tackle :(

Schaub also threw one of the saddest ints ive ever seen,what a bitch arm.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix if you just hit X when that camera is panning it will give you the normal view

On D? Cause it wasn't doing that when I would press X.I had to watch Bens ass wobble to the line.

I could cycle through my players but it was hard as hell to see.

I also had no announcing/commentary on my side,is that some sorta glitch?

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Eessh... are the servers bad right now? Had the laggiest game I've had in 09 while playing LJ.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. I played pretty terribly, lag or no lag.

Whenever anyone wants to play just shoot me a message. I don't play against the CPU so it's either random idiots or you guys.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
I never once had that cutscene of Ben walking to the line...?

GG though.

Every team has it,it's impossible not to see it,even when you press X it just speeds it up.

Maybe the whole game was glitched,hell I had no commentary.

I still should have tackled Parker,that was beyond sad on my part...arghh that play is still driving me crazy

Now LG/Rors are having awful server lag :\

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Every team has it,it's impossible not to see it,even when you press X it just speeds it up.

Maybe the whole game was glitched,hell I had no commentary.

I still should have tackled Parker,that was beyond sad on my part...arghh that play is still driving me crazy

Now LG/Rors are having awful server lag :\
Had a lag free game with DM just now...think it was maybe just LJ and me.

Miguel

Is there a complete list of PSN nicks for everyone here?

I've been too lazy to add the rest of you...but I'll have plenty of free time tonight. Playing WasabiKing at some point tonight, anyone else wants to play, let me know.

Fifty said:
I feel your pain, FSF..3 points was a lot for me last year, so keep at it and hope you face a shittier D next week. Sucks that you had to waste your last timeout automatically on a dumb injury in the last minute. Otherwise, a good a clean game..a rare low scoring one.

edit: heh, it sure does make saving replays easy when there's only one TD in the game I'd have been too tired to find any if this was a shootout.

and P.S: I've got to thank the new guy for playing so cleanly. There are always worries about cheese when a new person joins, let alone someone to GAF...so I'm glad to report that he was totally legit.

Hey thanks man, really appreciate that. That is some AWESOME defense you play and you deserved to win. I was just glad to keep it close, you're much better than I am.

I've got the bug now guys, this was a blast, I cannot wait to play the next game. This is awesome.

I do have one question though, are there any actual rules I need to know about? For instance, Steve Smith is suspended for a couple of games to start the season, should I have benched him and not played him in my first game?

Malleymal said:
if anyone wants some practice games, let me know on IM or in this post.. I am off for the day

I'm not off today, but I can play almost any night of the week. My wife is 7 months pregnant and we've been going to bed early since she is so tired. I've got one of my PS3's in our bedroom so I can play in the evenings and late at night.

Also, do I need to get a headset for voice chat? Should we be using those for games?

Mrbob

Rors I can't use that! :lol At least not yet. Until Orton tanks some games than I'll use it!

Wellington said:
I have one for you, to serve as a reminder.

brett_favre_home.gif

Ok stakes raised for my game with Wasabi. If I lose to him tonight I'll use that Favre avatar for a month! It will be a reminder of my shame for not beating the packers.

Rorschach

fantasysportsguy said:
I do have one question though, are there any actual rules I need to know about? For instance, Steve Smith is suspended for a couple of games to start the season, should I have benched him and not played him in my first game?
Rules are here.

You can play Steve Smith, that's fine. Suspensions don't really matter.

Oh, and you need to set your camera to "classic" until the patch hits because it leads to disconnects if you have a different camera than your opponent.

fantasysportsguy said:
Also, do I need to get a headset for voice chat? Should we be using those for games?
Nah...nobody uses them, anyway. :\ The few people that do use them only use them in friendly scrims and not league games.

LiveWire said:
Bah. If I'm not #1, the system is rigged!
I'd say, right now, #1 is NYG followed by Jax and NE. :p

Fifty

I already answered his questions, Rurschuccch!

I'm in a piss-poor mood. Boller got put on the IR today! This was gonna be his year! I believed in him! I hope EA never updates the rosters. Their reliable incompetence would work in my favor for once.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I already answered his questions, Rurschuccch!

I'm in a piss-poor mood. Boller got put on the IR today! This was gonna be his year! I believed in him! I hope EA never updates the rosters. Their reliable incompetence would work in my favor for once.
Oh...I think I have a mental block on your posts. I didn't even see that...

Boller era over already... We hardly knew ye, Kyle!

Fifty

Rorschach said:
Oh...I think I have a mental block on your posts. I didn't even see that...

It's because of my choice to go avatar-less. People don't notice me anymore! I'm making a statement about the importance of avatars on forum life. My article will be published in the American Forums Journal this October.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
It's because of my choice to go avatar-less. People don't notice me anymore! I'm making a statement about the importance of avatars on forum life. My article will be published in the American Forums Journal this October.
Ah yes. I hear Dyack is on the cover of that one.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
You could play with IR players last year, will probably be the same this year.
You could play with retired players last year. :\ I don't think they'll do the injury downgrades this year.

dm used alstott last year. never forget!

p.s. i'll eliminate any question about you being a top team next week live ;) and no, i dont mean that you beat me solidifying your spot on the top, i mean it in a negative connotation!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. i'll eliminate any question about you being a top team next week live ;) and no, i dont mean that you beat me solidifying your spot on the top, i mean it in a negative connotation!

FMT needs to avenge my loss...and get me a better O-line.

Rorschach

Code:
 Chicago Bears	  		 at Greenbay Packers	  	Scheduled
 Cincinnati Bengals	  	 at Minnesota Vikings	  	Scheduled for Thursday
 Cleveland Browns	  	 at Indianapolis Colts	  	?????
 Dallas Cowboys	  	         at Philadelphia Eagles    	?
Almost there!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Code:
 Chicago Bears	  		 at Greenbay Packers	  	Scheduled
 Cincinnati Bengals	  	 at Minnesota Vikings	  	Scheduled for thursday
 Cleveland Browns	  	 at Indianapolis Colts	  	?????
 Dallas Cowboys	  	         at Philadelphia Eagles    	? Tonight at 7pm
Almost there!
update.

DCX

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Well if you're up for preview of Week 2, let's get a game in tonight. I'll only use running plays, less than half of my playbook, that should be fair enough for you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Well if you're up for preview of Week 2, let's get a game in tonight. I'll only use running plays, less than half of my playbook, that should be fair enough for you.
Wow, being undefeated sure makes people cocky!

DCX

DCX
LJ, i have no idea what happened there. I have classic cam on and all. Oh well, another well played half for me. Contained Lynch and played a great controlled offense with Turner actually running well. 9ints? Man it's like i'm two different players :lol :lol

DCX

Somnia

Wellie...tonight on NFL Network is the America's Game: 2007 Giants btw if you don't know. James Gandolfini is the voice for it.

a week long avatar bet is in order, livewire.

i don't know where this newfound confidence came out of, but i almost want you to beat me so a newfound gigantic ego is born within the nfc east!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
a week long avatar bet is in order, livewire.

i don't know where this newfound confidence came out of, but i almost want you to beat me so a newfound gigantic ego is born within the nfc east!
He was the same way last year with NE. It's only a matter of time... :D

CB was too busy watching the season premiere of "90210" last night...

(7:40:06 PM) professaskillset : Let's play so we don't hold up the league
(7:40:36 PM) TheColdOne33: nah im eating
(7:41:16 PM) professaskillset: How about 8PM?
(7:41:08 PM) TheColdOne33: Sorry...90210 time!
(7:42:17 PM) professaskillset: GTFO!
(7:42:33 PM) TheColdOne33: Tomorrow...Bye :)

Top Bottom