• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea two,one for a first and one that scored you a td.They are banned cause you cant stop them at all.That kept a drive going for you and a drive to get a td.

Doesn't matter if you didn't try to score on the last play,you kneel the ball in that situation.

You won the game,but it wasn't under the league rules...so whatever.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm not going to get into domination cause my head clearly wasn't into the game once you broke the rules,I was posting on here off and on while we were playing.

In the long run I didn't expect to win cause your teams D has too many good players,but using the QB sneak threw me off.

Hell I went to FB dive and you stopped me,you simply cant stop QB sneaks.That led to 7 pts and possibly 14,cause I could have stopped you on 4th and 1 if you went to your HB/FB and you didn't.

The last td you scored I wasn't trying,figured you would kneel the ball up 20-3 with less than 20 seconds left and you end up scoring a td.Again you act like you have never played a Madden league game :\ It was cheap no matter what.

I also missed 2 fgs cause of lag and I figured you missed the extra pt cause of it.

I wouldn't call domination even though the score shows 26-3.

Like I said you won,just not by the league rules.I'll except the loss and move on cause I don't want to play the game over again and in the long run I really don't give a shit about my season.I wont win it all and I know I'm not good enough.

Rules were broken and DRAMA has been brought back!

edit - I will play the game over again if everyone wants me to,only cause it does affect Rors team,Bluemax's etc.Again I don't expect to win against Konex,but I do expect the rules to be followed by both of us.

Cloudy

Banned
WTF, it'd be one thing if the game was close. You had zero chance, man...

edit: I missed my fg cos I dropped the pad

Matrix

Zero chance?

Up 6-0 when you broke the QB sneak rule.*Broken record time* You got yourself a sure 7 pts out of it and most likely 14.Your third td was a stat padder.

That's 21 possible pts scored on cheese.

Play along with me here....lets say I stop both plays,tha'ts a fg instead of a td and a punt you would have had to kick on the 3rd and 1 sneak had I stopped a HB/FB.

You might have won 9-3,I wouldn't call that being out of it.

Again you threw me off and I came here to post about it in the middle of the game cause its hard as hell to type on the PS3.

I just figured we all knew the rules :\

Matrix

Again I'll let the league decide,I don't care anymore.

I have taken my player stats down and will post them if FMT wants the game to count.

Rorschach

Ouch. I don't think FMT will be around tonight. :(

My 2 cents: on the one hand, if it was a 4th down situation when the game was still in reach, that's a potential game breaker right there and I could understand why someone wouldn't even want to play anymore. I sure as hell wouldn't.

On the other hand, if you see someone blatantly breaking a rule like that (even if they don't know any better), you should call them out on it then and there. Last year it would have turned into "my word against yours" but this time around, we have replays.

Please, guys. If you don't read this thread often, at least give a glance at the rules before you play to see if there's anything new. The new rules will always be at the top and we try to put them up there as soon as they become official.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=1307

LJ11 said:
Rors was right about spreading the line. I've been messing around with it and it's deadly, thankfully it isn't allowed.

3-4 experiment is over, I blame the Rors/Zach Miller combo for making me switch in the first place. I get no pressure with it.
3-4 is absolutely bullocks if you don't have the exact right personnel and even then, it's a tricky mofo with lots of downside. I partly blame the playbook.

PS: after that broken tackle/hurdle play in Indy, he wants to be called "Zach Ocho Cero".

Matrix

"Ouch. I don't think FMT will be around tonight. :(

My 2 cents: on the one hand, if it was a 4th down situation when the game was still in reach, that's a potential game breaker right there and I could understand why someone wouldn't even want to play anymore. I sure as hell wouldn't."

That's when I lost my cool :lol and posted in here.

Yea I should have paused the game after he did it to me,but it's not like he was going to give me the ball back after he did the first time.I also at the time figured he might have just done it by mistake and thought maybe he knew he had too.It wasn't until the one near the goal line when I knew for sure Konex has no clue at all about the rules.

I also don't think it should be my job to tell him the rules,it wouldn't hurt for him to pop in here from time to time.He posts in tons of other threads here at Gaf.

ok what is it tonight! at least just tell me what the hell is wrong!

2 drama stories in one night! nice! i'll deal with them both tomorrow i suppose. why, why is it so hard to follow rules? :(

i blame myself for not making them more known, but i blame EA more for making rules necessary! you did this EA!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i didnt know that QB sneak was banned. i knew we voted on that and FB dive but i didnt know there was an official thing against it.

that being said its obvious cheese. i would not use it regardless.

for the record, QB sneak is absolutely 100% banned. if it is used at any point during the season from this point on it is an automatic loss. the stats will stay, but ill award the winning team a point more. unless both teams used QB sneak!

listen dudes, ive already had the following issues brought up by various people in just the first 2 weeks:

* qb sneak
* dropping your qb back 15 yards every play
* coming out in 4 wide, then audibling to a 2 WR I formation dive running play constantly.
* excessive use of the TE
* running up the score (i submitted this complaint to myself via the forums!)
* no huddle in the first quarter; no huddle after an incompletion

i hate to have to even cite rules or have them! it makes me sound like a douchebag to come up with all this shit that we can and can't do, but i'm certain it's necessary. just don't do this shit. why would you even want to?

this is a sim league. there's no need to audible from 4 wr set to a 2 WR set to get your opponent to have 6 DB's on the field and take advantage. there's no need to consistently have ridiculous drop back throws, no need to do any of the stuff above. just read the rules and stick to a realistic-as-possible NFL game, that's all im asking.

people are going to bitch when they lose regardless. they're going to bitch and say "i don't care about winning or losing, i just want a good game", and while this is mostly true, i guarantee you people want to win. so win with dignity and playing within the spirit of GAF!

Matrix

Since Konex got away with it :p I think I'll email him the 10 or so pictures I took of my player stats and make him type them in.The lighting/flash on my camera really isn't good in the pics,but you do have to suffer from this Konex...

its only fair!

"the stats will stay, but ill award the winning team a point more. unless both teams used QB sneak!"

I'm tired,whats this mean?

Somnia

Matrix said:
Since Konex got away with it :p I think I'll email him the 10 or so pictures I took of my player stats and make him type them in.The lighting/flash on my camera really isn't good in the pics,but you do have to suffer from this Konex...

its only fair!

"the stats will stay, but ill award the winning team a point more. unless both teams used QB sneak!"

I'm tired,whats this mean?

He said from this point so I assume we move on from here and if it happens again then that's what will happen.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
i didnt know that QB sneak was banned. i knew we voted on that and FB dive but i didnt know there was an official thing against it.

that being said its obvious cheese. i would not use it regardless.

Wait is FB Dive banned too?

Fifty

LiveWire said:
Wait is FB Dive banned too?

*NEW RULE!* QB sneak is banned forever! Why? It's nearly unstoppable. I say nearly because of course you can stop it maybe once in a GREAT while ("r u saying like one out of a hundred??" more like one out of a million!) it's just not fair. FB Dive is ok, and even though i feel it is overpowered it is more defendable.

and with that, I remove the poll from the main page to reduce confusion..also added a (temporary?) hotlink to the rules on the main news.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
for the record, QB sneak is absolutely 100% banned. if it is used at any point during the season from this point on it is an automatic loss. the stats will stay, but ill award the winning team a point more. unless both teams used QB sneak!

listen dudes, ive already had the following issues brought up by various people in just the first 2 weeks:

* qb sneak
* dropping your qb back 15 yards every play
* coming out in 4 wide, then audibling to a 2 WR I formation dive running play constantly.
* excessive use of the TE
* running up the score (i submitted this complaint to myself via the forums!)
* no huddle in the first quarter; no huddle after an incompletion

i hate to have to even cite rules or have them! it makes me sound like a douchebag to come up with all this shit that we can and can't do, but i'm certain it's necessary. just don't do this shit. why would you even want to?

this is a sim league. there's no need to audible from 4 wr set to a 2 WR set to get your opponent to have 6 DB's on the field and take advantage. there's no need to consistently have ridiculous drop back throws, no need to do any of the stuff above. just read the rules and stick to a realistic-as-possible NFL game, that's all im asking.

people are going to bitch when they lose regardless. they're going to bitch and say "i don't care about winning or losing, i just want a good game", and while this is mostly true, i guarantee you people want to win. so win with dignity and playing within the spirit of GAF!

So if we have a game where someone has done some of the things you listed, what should we do?

Mrbob

Let us air out here in the open then! I'm not bashful, Mr "I only play for fun". :D

I have the Bears offense, I need to keep people off balance. Two instances in our game I did audiable out of a 4 wide formation into a run. On a 1st and 10 and also on a 2nd and 3. And you know why I did that? Because I saw 3 down lineman on both plays. Which means you looked at my play settings before you called a defensive formation. There is no way someone calls a 3 down line on a 1st down play (or a 2nd and 3) unless you have an idea of what kind of play I am calling. And I will audiable out of that to a run every single time. There is no way I am throwing into 8 defensive backs, unless I have too. That is just stupid playcalling.

Second point, Greg Olson. Yeah he had 10 catches for 150 yards, but then I'm the king of throwing to the TE. TE Cheese, whatever you call it, if a guy is open I am throwing to him. Sometimes I had to make my own play on the fly and he was open like this play here where I avoided your lineman on a 3rd and 10 and found him open:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/474457

Of course you still had a chance to win in the 4th quarter when the game was still 10-10 and I came up with my safety on a 3rd and 1 play and dropped you back two yards forcing you to punt:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/474530

On the next drive I score my game winning touchdown to win 17-10. You had a shot at winning the game. It is tough to lose close games, and I really don't have an issue with you. I just don't like it when I'm being accused of cheese and I'd rather air it out in the open than behind someones back.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Let us air out here in the open then! I'm not bashful, Mr "I only play for fun". :D

I have the Bears offense, I need to keep people off balance. Two instances in our game I did audiable out of a 4 wide formation into a run. On a 1st and 10 and also on a 2nd and 3. And you know why I did that? Because I saw 3 down lineman on both plays. Which means you looked at my play settings before you called a defensive formation. There is no way someone calls a 3 down line on a 1st down play (or a 2nd and 3) unless you have an idea of what kind of play I am calling. And I will audiable out of that to a run every single time. There is no way I am throwing into 8 defensive backs, unless I have too. That is just stupid playcalling.
This is absolutely retarded, and you know it. Who calls a defensive play before knowing what offensive personnel is on the field? That's just begging to get scorched. So we should allow you to pass with four wide against a 4-3 formation on every first down? Give me a break. There's a reason EA bothered to even put that bit of info into the game... for like 15 years now.

Mrbob

It isn't retarded.

At least play a regular dime.

I'm not passing into a 3-3-5 or 3-2-6 defense on first down.

Anyway, if I'm trying to catch a defense by surprise (because my O needs all the help it can get) and I see 3 down lineman on a 1st and 10, I will audiable out of it every single time. I could care less what the rules state. Forcing me to pass in that situation is horse shit.

We talk about sim ball play, play defense like sim ball too. Carolina is not a 3 lineman defense. I hardly ever call a 3 line defense with the Bears. Only if it is 3rd and long, like it should be when you are primarily a 4 lineman defense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
It isn't retarded.

At least play a regular dime.

I'm not passing into a 3-3-5 or 3-2-6 defense on first down.

Anyway, if I'm trying to catch a defense by surprise (because my O needs all the help it can get) and I see 3 down lineman on a 1st and 10, I will audiable out of it every single time. I could care less what the rules state. Forcing me to pass in that situation is horse shit.

We talk about sim ball play, play defense like sim ball too. Carolina is not a 3 lineman defense. I hardly ever call a 3 line defense with the Bears. Only if it is 3rd and long, like it should be when you are primarily a 4 lineman defense.
You're right, we should play sim ball.

How many times do you think the Bears will come out in four wide on first down?

Mrbob

They'll do it a couple times this year, and why I only tried it once.

Of course with your lineman cheese play you could probably get to me anyway playing with 3 down line! Kidding! :D

LJ11

Have any of you noticed that hot routed hook zones behave differently than regular hook zones predefined in a play?

Hot routed zones have a deeper drop and the defender just doesn't react well/track players in his zone until they are right next to him. Not sure why they did this, maybe to combat hot routing en mass. Check it out, was messing around with it yesterday.

I know there are a few packages that have a WR lined up in a RB spot, no idea why EA put that shit in.

i already talked to bob in private. that wont happen again, and i THOUGHT it kind of went without saying that you dont pull that crap (audibling from a 4 wide pass to an iform run). if you want to run out of a 4 wide set fine, call a HB dive out of that set or whatever.

honestly, just think about the strategy you're using or the playcalling you're using and think if it SERIOUSLY sounds legit.

p.s. i'm going to do the awards today. im not doing a "top 10" plays, but rather play of the week for each conference. so PM me your play if you want to be considered! doesn't even have to be from the winning team!

Slo

I know it's not my place to argue this being that I'm not in the PS3 league, but just from a philosophical standpoint, why is it cheese to audible to from a pass heavy formation to a run heavy one, and vice-a-versa? Obviously the intent of calling a 4-0-1 and then audibling to 2-1-2 is to try to fool the defense into playing a dime defense, but is it really that much of a "trick" if you're trying to run with your #3 and #4 receivers playing the TE and FB? :lol Similarily, if you go from Goal Line formation to 5-0-0, doesn't that put a bunch of special-team nobodies out wide and into pass patterns? :lol :lol

Is this banned because it's an exploit and the game engine can't handle it? Or is it just because the 49ers don't put it into practice every Sunday? From a theoretical football standpoint, you see teams do these type of shifts (1-2-2 to 3-1-1 for example) at every level of football including the pros. If that creates a mismatch on the field, then isn't that an "intelligent football move"?

Mrbob said:

Second point, Greg Olson. Yeah he had 10 catches for 150 yards, but then I'm the king of throwing to the TE. TE Cheese, whatever you call it, if a guy is open I am throwing to him. Sometimes I had to make my own play on the fly and he was open like this play here where I avoided your lineman on a 3rd and 10 and found him open:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/474457

Of course you still had a chance to win in the 4th quarter when the game was still 10-10 and I came up with my safety on a 3rd and 1 play and dropped you back two yards forcing you to punt:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/474530

On the next drive I score my game winning touchdown to win 17-10. You had a shot at winning the game. It is tough to lose close games, and I really don't have an issue with you. I just don't like it when I'm being accused of cheese and I'd rather air it out in the open than behind someones back.

Not sure I appreciate the tone, and rather than embarrass you publicly, I took it to the commisioners like we're supposed to do. Having the chance to win is irrelevant, if I go 0-16, so be it, but I play sim ball, I don't cheese, and I joined this league SPECIFICALLY because it was advertised as being sim ball. If someone beats me fair and square, no problem, but if someone beats me in a cheesy way, not only does it suck, but it takes all enjoyment out of playing.

You did the audible out of 4 wides a lot more than twice, lets at least be honest here ok.

I am sorry if by speaking to the commisioners I did something wrong, but the fact is, had you played in a sim style manner, like the guy that beat my in Week 1, then none of this would have happened.

If you want me to quit the league thats fine, the LAST thing I want is drama to be started over anything I have done. I'm the new guy here and if I need to go over this, that's cool, I don't want to throw a monkeywrench into you guys league.

Just let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
I know it's not my place to argue this being that I'm not in the PS3 league, but just from a philosophical standpoint, why is it cheese to audible to from a pass heavy formation to a run heavy one, and vice-a-versa? Obviously the intent of calling a 4-0-1 and then audibling to 2-1-2 is to try to fool the defense into playing a dime defense, but is it really that much of a "trick" if you're trying to run with your #3 and #4 receivers playing the TE and FB? :lol Similarily, if you go from Goal Line formation to 5-0-0, doesn't that put a bunch of special-team nobodies out wide and into pass patterns? :lol :lol

Is this banned because it's an exploit and the game engine can't handle it? Or is it just because the 49ers don't put it into practice every Sunday? From a theoretical football standpoint, you see teams do these type of shifts (1-2-2 to 3-1-1 for example) at every level of football including the pros. If that creates a mismatch on the field, then isn't that an "intelligent football move"?
I don't have a problem with this either, but Bobs reasoning was so retarded it impelled me to say something.

In exhibition games, I've come out in singleback form with 3 RBs on the field. :lol I love being so deep at RB. ;)

LJ11

In the NFL, certain schemes have receivers lining up in FB spots pre-snap, then a shift/motion to SE spot etc. You don't really see teams calling out of a pass which puts the WR in a FB spot. You do see audibles/shifts that have WR lined up at end positions, but not in a normal TE stance, much more upright.

A WR in a FB spot isn't really dirty but you will notice that the WR gets on the LB much quicker because of his speed, and things get dicey if it's called repeatedly. Sweeps out of 4 wide Gun sets, and dives under center with 4 wides work pretty well at times, so the option to run out of these sets and take advantage of 3 DL is there.

I think you handled things properly sportsguy.

Mrbob

I did not audible out of 4 wide to a run more than the times i specifically mentioned. I'm not embarrassed about anything, and those who have played with me in the past know I don't need to hide things at all.

Stop with the hyperbole. Where did I say I want you to quit? I'm ready to move on, but I'm not going to sit here and take libel from you and not say anything about it.

you didn't do anything wrong sportsguy, there's no need for anyone to quit the league. it was a misunderstanding and it wont happen again. i dont think we've ever seen it before, so i dont think we'll ever see it again (even if i didn't mention it).

also gg livewire. 13-3 victory but it was basically a defensive battle. not sure why you stopped running after you were gouging me with portis but thats what led to the game changing pick.

i see the holes there in the running game but i can't freaking calm down and get through the hole. i left some decent runs out on the field and i need to improve on that. luckily gore is a beast and rarely goes down on the first hit.

also, live why did you challenge that arnaz battle 3rd down play? i thought it was pretty clear he got the first by a good margin! nice goal line stop though in the first quarter.

LiveWire

gg FMT. I thought got jobbed on that pick over Sellers' head though. Overall, I still cannot stop the run up the middle. So if anyone wants to beat me, just call HB Dive every play. Anthony Montgomery and Kedric Golston will pat your butt on the way through the line of scrimmage. London Fletcher will lead the league in tackles I'm sure.

And screen passes for 1st downs are so fucking annoying. :p

I had Moss wide open juking Clements and Campbell throws to the benches. Argh. I bet if we play an exhibition game I put up a few passing TDs, but something about this league matchup with you always has the karma against me.

Mrbob

Slo said:

Is the 360 league still open? :D

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also gg livewire. 13-3 victory but it was basically a defensive battle. not sure why you stopped running after you were gouging me with portis but thats what led to the game changing pick.

also, live why did you challenge that arnaz battle 3rd down play? i thought it was pretty clear he got the first by a good margin! nice goal line stop though in the first quarter.

I stopped because I wasn't getting 5 yd rushes outside of that one big play. Whoever #99 is was running Portis down on anything run outside the tackles. I had a lot of 3rd and 5s and there's no way I could get 5 on a gut rush with 8 in the box.

The challenge was because I was hoping for a 4th and inches call and holding you to a FG to make it 9-13 instead of 13-3.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmmm....I'm not seeing the problem with what Bob's doing. It's not breaking the game. Just creating mismatches (and really, it can be for both defense AND offense, like the goaline-to-4 wide special team players comment)

Cheese in the game, to me, is the broken aspects of the game. The QB Sneak (fb dive is almost cheese to me, but that's to me only, apparently.) The good ole double slot receiver deep out's, the HB pass exploits, the 3-4 inside DLine slants for Sacks.

Anyway, let me watch Ohio beat OSU.

LiveWire said:
And screen passes for 1st downs are so fucking annoying. :p

HAHAHA, FMT, don't tell me you are pulling that stuff, after "calling me out on that" in NCAA. LAME.

live i didn't throw one screen pass all game. if you're talking about the gore play near the goalline that was simply a HB flat that i checked down to when no one else was open.

also, that LB is manny lawson! manlaw! he is the fastest lb i have, best to run to tully banta can'ts side... which is where you got most of your yards.

and ill upload the vids later, but the first pick you threw was basically in quadruple coverage, and the one you threw to your FB (i think?) was in double coverage (sorta double!) to the opposite side of the field.

i just wanted to lock in on cooley. aside from a few completions i think i did. we'll meet again... if you manage to get into the playoffs ;)

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
live i didn't throw one screen pass all game. if you're talking about the gore play near the goalline that was simply a HB flat that i checked down to when no one else was open.

Checked down? Oh man I wish I had saved the replay, you threw almost immediately! :lol C'mon dude. :p

Another thing, Madden doesn't consider screens passes in the "EA Sports Highlights" Box score recap, it considers them rushes. I had to search for a while to find that play and your other screens. Granted, not all of them worked, but they work more often than not.

#99 is Lawson? Jesus he looks like a DE......must be great natural talent
steroids
!

dude, i GUARANTEE you that was not a screen. i haven't called one screen pass yet this season. if it was a screen where were my blockers? NO ONE was out there, not even close.

it's also funny that alex was 8/11 and i had 3 drops :lol

i also only passed to VD once... should have gotten him more involved.

p.s. madden does consider screen passes a pass as long as you drop back behind where the RB is. they considered my pass to gore a run because he was behind me.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dude, i GUARANTEE you that was not a screen. i haven't called one screen pass yet this season. if it was a screen where were my blockers? NO ONE was out there, not even close.

it's also funny that alex was 8/11 and i had 3 drops :lol

i also only passed to VD once... should have gotten him more involved.

p.s. madden does consider screen passes a pass as long as you drop back behind where the RB is. they considered my pass to gore a run because he was behind me.

Sorry, it technically wasn't a "screen" but it was an immediate screen-type pass. It's alright, it's a good playcall, I just think the defense doesn't respond nearly at all to it unlike other types of offensive plays unless you call flat zone coverage or tight man coverage. Loose man coverage seems to just wander off beyond the 5 yard deep range on anything to the HB in the flats. I wouldn't call it gamebreaking but it's awfully hard to defend.

Mrbob

Seriously though, looking at the above seeing how easy it is to see a miscommunication (one person thinks they see something which isn't exactly true) I think we all need a time out before playing more games. It will be easier on everyone, otherwise we can have some sort of bickering after every game. No one likes to lose a game, but only one person can win each week.

Matrix

"I think we all need a time out before playing more games."

People just need to learn how to read RULES,it's only week 2 Boobs.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mrbob said:
Seriously though, looking at the above seeing how easy it is to see a miscommunication (one person thinks they see something which isn't exactly true) I think we all need a time out before playing more games. It will be easier on everyone, otherwise we can have some sort of bickering after every game. No one likes to lose a game, but only one person can win each week.

OK, you're gone. You broke the rule of "No more Time Outs, Parents. They just don't work. Back to capital punishment"

Mrbob said:
I did not audible out of 4 wide to a run more than the times i specifically mentioned. I'm not embarrassed about anything, and those who have played with me in the past know I don't need to hide things at all.

Stop with the hyperbole. Where did I say I want you to quit? I'm ready to move on, but I'm not going to sit here and take libel from you and not say anything about it.

There is no hyperbole and nothing I said is incorrect. You audibled out from 4 WR's at least 5 times.

You can take things however you want to and respond however you wish.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
What's the problem with screen passes?
Nothing. It turns out they weren't even screen passes....

They are money in NCAA, so they're bringing their baggage here! Take it to the NCAA thread!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Nothing. It turns out they weren't even screen passes....

They are money in NCAA, so they're bringing their baggage here! Take it to the NCAA thread!
Yeah I was curious what was up. I've had no problem stuffing screens for losses.

Top Bottom