• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
he's talking about tom brady being out for the year.

what he doesn't realize is that you can still use injured players in unranked online games.
Not if he goes on IR. They move him to Free Agents. :D Please bring it, Karma train!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar said:
Did you just wake up?

Do you want to get the game played on Madden?
Not tonight. I am worn out from the new dog, Wake game, 3+ hours of yard work in 90+ degree weather. And yes, I am late to the news on all things NFL today.

Fifty

FMT, how long are the weeks going to be? We advanced on Friday, basically..and it's been 3 days. I know that's not enough time..so are we going for 5 day weeks and advancing on late Tuesday? That should go on the main page!

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
Not tonight. I am worn out from the new dog, Wake game, 3+ hours of yard work in 90+ degree weather. And yes, I am late to the news on all things NFL today.

Holy awesome shit. New dog? Congrats!

What breed?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
he's talking about tom brady being out for the year.

what he doesn't realize is that you can still use injured players in unranked online games.
If that is true... Osi all year baby. :D

LukeSmith

Yeah, as much as I want to complain about being able to use Brady - it's really just because I hate the Patriots so much - if Manning went down for the year and I had to use Jim Sorgi, I'd quit. OSI AND BRADY LIVE ON

i seem to remember using alex smith all last year and he was on IR. maybe EA just didn't care enough about letting niners fans use him online though :(

p.s. i would never say "bench players who are hurt in real life!" as it has no barring on our league. if EA takes them out then it is what it is, nothing we could do about that.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i seem to remember using alex smith all last year and he was on IR. maybe EA just didn't care enough about letting niners fans use him online though :(

p.s. i would never say "bench players who are hurt in real life!" as it has no barring on our league. if EA takes them out then it is what it is, nothing we could do about that.
They started that this year. IR players say "sent to FA". That said, they will probably try to appease whiny Pats fans. If they do, I'm writing my congressman.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
every year if an eagle gets hurt and put on IR, ill use him till EA updates the rosters. so say if Donovan got injured today and out for the year, id still use him till EA updated the rosters. Then ill go with Kolb. it seems like a fair deal to me

Rorschach

CB3 said:
every year if an eagle gets hurt and put on IR, ill use him till EA updates the rosters. so say if Donovan got injured today and out for the year, id still use him till EA updated the rosters. Then ill go with Kolb. it seems like a fair deal to me
This year, they don't even give you that option. So, for example, Drew Carter will not even be on my roster. He will be in the free agent pool.

WR Drew Carter – Released to Free Agents (IR)

That said, Brady probably won't be taken out 'till the update after this one unless they stealth edit it in. I doubt they will because there are so many Pats players and EA has a Pats bias! ;b

bluemax said:
Knee you around?
Fixed your avatar to fit the forum sizes so you don't get one of those "my avatar is too big" forced avatars. Even though your avatar is way ugly. ;)
2rgomf6.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Your avatar to fit the forum sizes so you don't get one of those "my avatar is too big" forced avatars. Even though your avatar is way ugly. ;)
2rgomf6.jpg

Thanks, I'm too lazy to launch photoshop so I just try to skate by until someone fixes it for me or hope it goes unnoticed.

Somnia

Great game Ramirez. I couldn't sit down in the 4th it was back and forth so much :lol

Ended up only saving 1 highlight sadly, but its a good one...against me =(

1 minute to go in the 4th..I'm up by 3 and Ramirez is about to score...I then get really happy...and then I cry :lol
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/506598

I so should have just ran out of bounds.

Ramirez

Somnia said:
Great game Ramirez. I couldn't sit down in the 4th it was back and forth so much :lol

Ended up only saving 1 highlight sadly, but its a good one...against me =(

1 minute to go in the 4th..I'm up by 3 and Ramirez is about to score...I then get really happy...and then I cry :lol
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/506598

I so should have just ran out of bounds.

Yup, GG, can't believe I threw 4 INTs, disgusting. I actually saved that same highlight. :lol Willie for president!

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ramirez lucks out again. if that happened to me i'd call bullshit and say FUCK THIS GAME!!!11

I jumped outa my seat and screamed :lol Man the 4th Q was insane in that game...probably the most fun I've had in Madden in ages.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Texans can't tackle...EA KNOWS FOOTBALL.

PS....

I hate you Ram :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Mig kicked my ass with the Texans. Why do you suck so badly with them! :p

I beat Mig with him using the Texans,guess he has your number.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
I am protesting madden league games until Matt Forte's overall ability jumps to 99.
Forte looked pretty damn good tonight. Orton looked solid as well. They probably won't do those updates for another 4 weeks, though. :D

You're stuck!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah i guess so :/

i think brian is on vacation with his lady friend! lukems?

He's back tomorrow, he'll be IN the thread, posting and playing his games.

But I think he and I are playing our game on 360! Definitive version!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LukeSmith said:
Holy awesome shit. New dog? Congrats!

What breed?
Thanks. She is an English Beagle which is a Dachshund Beagle mix. Very smart, rambunctious, and quite the sniffer. Very social dog with lots of energy, hence why I am piss tired at work today.

GQman2121

Banned
Just think how exciting the league would be if it were an actual in-game online league with injuries; this shit would have some real meaningful drama, as each league would have it's own new break out stars at some point in the season.

Also, Joe Flacco's speed and elusive ratings should get a nice boost after that week one performance. :p

Fifty

Wellington said:
WTF. Backed up to the five yard line, why play such a spread out D? Looked like 3 man line, 3 LBs.

I guess he thought Ramirez was going to air it out with 25 seconds left in the 2nd quarter..but as we can see here, unless they come out in 4 wide, it's probably a good idea to just play nickel or 4-3. Matrix, teaching us what not to do, one play at a time!

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
Thanks. She is an English Beagle which is a Dachshund Beagle mix. Very smart, rambunctious, and quite the sniffer. Very social dog with lots of energy, hence why I am piss tired at work today.

You have more context for it than I do, but I've heard multiple folks say that energetic puppies are more tiring than babies.

It's the one of two blocking issues in the Quest for Luke's Dog 2008/9 saga.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LukeSmith said:
You have more context for it than I do, but I've heard multiple folks say that energetic puppies are more tiring than babies.

It's the one of two blocking issues in the Quest for Luke's Dog 2008/9 saga.

I have a 1 year old dog, he is great but if you have a social life when you go out a few nights a week, don't do it. So many times I can't go out or have to cut the night early because I need to let my dog out to take a crap. Definitely takes alot of energy as well. I guess that it is good practice for if I ever have kids.

Matrix

Fifty said:
I guess he thought Ramirez was going to air it out with 25 seconds left in the 2nd quarter..but as we can see here, unless they come out in 4 wide, it's probably a good idea to just play nickel or 4-3. Matrix, teaching us what not to do, one play at a time!

I did think he was going to air it out for and I was having trouble stopping passes in the first half.I believe I chose a 3-3-5 defense and I knew I had fucked up,but I still should have had the tackle.I also was having trouble getting in control of players cause for some reason pressing X that game wouldn't do anything and I would have to watch Big Ben's ass walk up to the line,which is also why I wasnt quick enough to USER tackle like I usually am.

I had no problem stopping the run until I fucked up on that play and then in the 2nd half I had no problem stopping the pass,but for the life of me my guys couldn't bring Parker down....sorta like how Yesterdays game went :(

I do love how #47 Demps just starts running to the sideline,I had to switch and take control of him to get him to start running after Parker.

That's why it looks that way True :lol

Top Bottom