• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
After playing 3 games with the Classic cam online/and off...I f-ing hate it! If I can't use the action cam in league play,well I'm out too.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
first off there has always been a spot available in ncaa. we only have 11 people :lol

secondly no we can't give you that spot if it means you're leaving madden :D

I think I am going to re-purchase NCAA this weekend. I might be down for some NCAA action since it seems you guys are sticking with it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wonder if I can find a used copy of NCAA yet,everyone seems to enjoy that more this year.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Matrix said:
Wonder if I can find a used copy of NCAA yet,everyone seems to enjoy that more this year.

My dumbass had NCAA and traded it in. NCAA was a bit more fun than Madden, as usual. I'll re-buy it this Saturday...in time for NCAA kickoff weekend.

DMczaf

699.jpg

Matrix

I'm in if I can use the action cam,I think I'm out if I have to use the classic cam which I hate.Winning with the Texans is hard enough and playing with a cam I don't enjoy will make it worse.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
I'm in if I can use the action cam,I think I'm out if I have to use the classic cam which I hate.Winning with the Texans is hard enough and playing with a cam I don't enjoy will make it worse.

The patch is fixing the disconnect issues, so worse case scenario you'll have to use classic for a couple of weeks.

http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/blog.jsp?itemID=twoweek_update

1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. "ActionCam" forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing the "disconnect". This has been fixed...all cameras can still be used as well.

Workaround until the patch: If possible, ensure that you and your opponent have the same camera type chosen before starting an online game.

2. Stability issues in the play call / halftime highlights / postgame highlights screens (especially in Franchise mode after training games): This was a hard one to track down as not everyone was seeing it , we did find the issue however with some Instant Replay / cache corruption, and have a fix ready for patch 2.

Workaround until the patch: Save and re-boot after any point where you have entered the game. We learned that the likelihood of this issue appearing is magnified after multiple loads into and out of the game engine. From what we've seen so far, people that have tried playing only one game at a time (or even one Franchise training session at a time), and saving/rebooting afterwards, have had zero crashes.

3. Stability issues with Madden IQ end of game popup: This has been fixed.

Workaround until the patch: Always choose "No" at the Madden IQ end of game popup.

4. "WR direct snap" exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we fixing this play (i.e. we aren't removing it), we are also going to be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has been found to be using this play.

5. Franchise Progression / Regression (or lack thereof): The lack of higher numbers was a tuning value that I think everyone agreed was just too low. This has been juiced up so you should see more realistic progression now.

6. Edited players don't progress: Players were not progressing after their jersey number (or pretty much any other attribute). This has been fixed.

7. Stability issue when exiting Madden '93 in CE version: This has been fixed.

8. Deep ball glitch: Some enterprising gamers found a way to throw a deep ball while crossing the LOS and hit a receiver wide open at a decent rate. We addressed this by making sure the DB will no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while throwing.

9. CPU running out of bounds: This bug appears when the CPU tries to switch hands while running to the sidelines. This is fixed for patch 2.

10. Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders. We increased these substantially for patch 2.

11. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we increased this effect for the patch.

12. Stability issue with the Eagles and a full ring meter: We found and fixed a rare issue where the gamer could run into stability issues while using the Eagles in mini-game with a ring meter that was completely full.

13. Play call screen hitch: We found and fixed a bug that was causing a noticeable hitch when exiting the play call screen

14. Prevent Defense issue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders sharing a deep zone/prevent assignment would loosen their coverage (because they thought the other guy was covering for them), which allowed the receiver to get behind them even though they were in Prevent.

15. Brett Favre stats: With the late addition of Brett Favre, we were not able to get his Career and Season statistics into the game for the roster update. This has now been added for patch 2.

16. Defensive Preplay Mis-cue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders would leave their man wide open in a Cover 3.

17. CPU quick-snap: A very common complaint on the forums was the speed at which the CPU snapped the ball. We added a random length of time (no less than 5 seconds) for the CPU to wait and even make pre-play adjustments.

18. Online playbook switch: We found and fixed an issue where playbooks were re-setting to the defaults after the playbook select popup was closed.

Matrix

Ok then I guess I can take a couple of shitty game play experiences.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wellington said:
Alright seriously who is in and who is out?

Can we settle this before the 360 league starts?
I am in but I have to admit I am pretty disappointed in the loss of so many vets.

what is strange to me is WHY people like NCAA better on the field. it is in no way a better game than madden ON THE FIELD. obviously online dynasty is the draw, because when you play ncaa at times you will say "wtf...".

if you have a problem with some of maddens defensive AI, get ready! wide open gameplay indeed.

Still undecided on participation...

If pressed for an answer today, it'd be no.

But luckily my answer ain't due until FMT has LD is up and running! :D

Matrix

I need to go to more college football games :eek:

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
She looks photoshoped in lol

I'm glad the patch addresses everything we need to succeed in this league except for one. LD. I'm ready to go with the league. 32 or 8. I'm in!

DCX

Rorschach

Of course I'm in.

You know, if we keep re-confirming again and again, we're just gonna lose more people. The more we delay, the more people we lose.

This is ridiculous. We had an excess of people, but now we can't get a full league. I can see the drops because of the change from EA to LD (even though I don't agree with it), but nothing has changed since this new thread started. It's in the damn title.

Oh, and it is highly unlikely we receive a patch for different league formats. And by "highly unlikely" I mean "almost zero chance." And by "almost" I mean "absolutely."

Fifty

Yeah, all these reconfirmations just give people an easy out! Wellie should ban anyone who leaves the league from GAF.

I have 3 kids..I'm morbidly obese, and I haven't paid my taxes in 10 years, but I'm still playing in the league! My hemorrhoids burn whenever I sit down to play a league game, but I do it! My children were born with birth defects and I need to bottle feed them black-market breast milk until they're 19..I do it!

My wife killed herself after they were born..I got no insurance! Sometimes I think I see her face when I load up the XMB. I fight each and every day!..and how do I sleep at night? I think about writing my stats down and then I sleep like a baby.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Yeah, all these reconfirmations just give people an easy out! Wellie should ban anyone who leaves the league from GAF.

I have 3 kids..I'm morbidly obese, and I haven't paid my taxes in 10 years, but I'm still playing in the league! My hemorrhoids burn whenever I sit down to play a league game, but I do it! My children were born with birth defects and I need to bottle feed them black-market breast milk until they're 19..I do it!

My wife killed herself after they were born..I got no insurance! Sometimes I think I see her face when I load up the XMB. I fight each and every day!..and how do I sleep at night? I think about writing my stats down and then I sleep like a baby.
:lol That post is so wrong...

What I meant is that people will get frustrated with the whole ordeal or just forget about it and we'll get posts like "oh is this still going?" It's happened before! There's precedent!

It's like a "will they; wont' they" romance, but with a sausagefest of nerds.

LukeSmith

Is the 360 league still up? I just got a copy of it on 360 from a buddy!
:lol :lol

edit: I'm STILL STANDING
I'M STILL STRONG

colts

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
NCAA Better on the Field, CONFIRMED.

As long as you don't just throw to the HB 90% of the time...

I need to put in Madden sometime, to make sure that it wasn't as shitty as my mind has made it out to be.

Lonestar

One thing though...caked on makeup around the eyes..

I mean, I can avoid looking at them, but I keep seeing the lady from Florida, the one that won it for Bush in '00...

NCAA Better on the Field, CONFIRMED.

As long as you don't just throw to the HB 90% of the time...

I need to put in Madden sometime, to make sure that it wasn't as shitty as my mind has made it out to be.

lol WHAT?? are we playing the same games? here is what you get in ncaa (keep in mind im having a blast in NCAA, but im not going to sugar coat it):

- absolutely NO pass rush. if you get a sack, its either because you nano-blitzed, it's a coverage sack, or the other qb literally ran into a defender for the sack

- worse DB AI than madden. this, coupled with no pass rush, means you can absolutely tear people up in the air without issue.

- you cannot cover rb's out of the backfield with a lb man to man ever, even if the LB's speed is "more" than the rb's. basically unstoppable.

- your De's,Dt's,Lb's get pancked on nearly every play (this is part of the pass rush problem)

- horrible kick and punt return coverage. again, because your guys are getting knocked down so easily.

again with that said i still do like NCAA. it's just very frustrating. take a look at our league stats. how often does anyone punt? the only time i dont see people score on a drive against a human opponent is when they have a turnover. RARELY are there punts in this game because it's so easy to move the ball, even against top defenses.

just my opinion though!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol WHAT?? are we playing the same games? here is what you get in ncaa (keep in mind im having a blast in NCAA, but im not going to sugar coat it):

- absolutely NO pass rush. if you get a sack, its either because you nano-blitzed, it's a coverage sack, or the other qb literally ran into a defender for the sack

- worse DB AI than madden. this, coupled with no pass rush, means you can absolutely tear people up in the air without issue.

- you cannot cover rb's out of the backfield with a lb man to man ever, even if the LB's speed is "more" than the rb's. basically unstoppable.

- your De's,Dt's,Lb's get pancked on nearly every play (this is part of the pass rush problem)

- horrible kick and punt return coverage. again, because your guys are getting knocked down so easily.

again with that said i still do like NCAA. it's just very frustrating. take a look at our league stats. how often does anyone punt? the only time i dont see people score on a drive against a human opponent is when they have a turnover. RARELY are there punts in this game because it's so easy to move the ball, even against top defenses.

just my opinion though!

Then you didn't see the game from yesterday! Agreed on the returns, and the HB to the flat (unless you have a cover 2 zone or something). I got sacked 4 times, and while they might have been coverage sacks, it didn't take more than 4 or 5 seconds to get sacked. Also had a few picks where the DB closed distance and got in front of my WR.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Then you didn't see the game from yesterday! Agreed on the returns, and the HB to the flat (unless you have a cover 2 zone or something). I got sacked 4 times, and while they might have been coverage sacks, it didn't take more than 4 or 5 seconds to get sacked. Also had a few picks where the DB closed distance and got in front of my WR.
orly2.gif

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think the gameplay in Madden is far better than the gameplay In NCAA. I find NCAA to be more gimmicky whereas Madden still promotes good strategy and quick thinking. Madden is also a heck of a lot easier to make package adjustments than NCAA. Once the patch gets put into place and I can go back to the Action cam, all will be good for me.

Rorschach

I thought Lonestar was just trollin' for fun, but you're actually serious? That's some serious Kool-Aid you're drinking. I can understand that you don't give a fuck about the NFL and that you love the online features of NCAA, but as far as gameplay goes, it's not even close.

trust me dude, you can sit back there all day. not even the blitz really helps unless you have a designed rollout and a blitz specifically coming to that side. also, CB blitzes are effective but come on man, how often do teams blitz CB's? i feel like i have to do it ANYTIME i want pressure. that is bogus since i have 2 90+ rated DE's, and they don't do dick against human opponents

Lonestar

And I've got a 97 LT and a 96 RT, and still got pressure from the outsides, and not with CB Blitz's! So, you should have sacks every play, within 1 or 2 seconds? Why bother passing at all!!

you shouldn't have sacks every play, or pressure every play, but i think most people would agree that the pass blocking is far too good in this game, even for crappy teams (take a look at op sports for just a taste of the issues). i can only speak from my own experience in saying that pass protection is incredible in the game. infact, if you go back to the dynasty game i played against you, did we have any punts? i can't remember, but if there was it wasn't more than 2 combined.

don't you see anything wrong with two "defensive" teams having a game like that? i have excellent LB's, DLine, and very good corners. i should be able to force more than 1 or 0 punts a game. you can say i'm choosing poor defensive plays but give me a break d00d

Lonestar

I don't know, I've got a horrible defense I'm working with. Pretty sure we punted at least once, I remember tackling you as you received a punt at the 10 yard line.

Is it the game, or is it player skill? The one game of Madden I even remember playing, I got obliterzerated by the Raiders, even with a solid defense. No pressure from my memory. Guess that's the game, and not the fact that Ror's a good player.

Top Bottom