• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Do you guys have your gaming TVs right next to your computer?

even if you dont, just jot down the stats on a notepad or something and enter it the next day when you have time. even those 2 things combined shouldnt be more than 15 minutes tops...

all of you are complaining about that extra time when in NCAA your spending about 15 minutes or so to do the recruiting anyway. sure the recruiting is more fun that putting in stats but if you say you have time for ncaa and not madden every night, then im really just thinking you guys are just too lazy to put in the stats, not because of time constraints. And in that case maybe you should drop out.

Mrbob

:(

I agree, recruiting is fun. I have a couple soft committals right now trying to get them over the edge and on my team!

The NCAA league is also going at a lightning pace. This is also another one of my concerns. If the league takes two days to advance Lonestar is crying (I LUV YA!)! :D

Oh and I like how stat entering went from a 5 to 7 minute job to a 15 minute one.

15 X 16 = 240 minutes = 4 hours

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Kyle Orton is a budding superstar! I got no qualms with him! :D

I'll still play some random games online with you guys. I've been thinking about this for awhile and I'm come full circle to the acceptance level where I would rather use EAs crappy league setup than type in 16+ game stats again (Since I am guaranteed a spot in the postseason thanks to my skillZ).

I'm sure FMT will offer to bring out the wahhhhmbulance for me :)D) but when it is 9-10pm for you west coasters, it is 11-12 for us central east coasters and the last thing I want to do at midnight is spend 20 minutes typing in stats after an hour long game. Especially since these are mostly worknights.
Are you kidding me? Dude, I am in New York, which is an hour ahead of you, and I have not had a problem with getting games in at all, except for maybe once or twice where I had tow ait until the weekend. Further, I have to be up to get to work at 5 AM. An 11 EST start is out of the question for me.

That said, if we play 5 minute quarters instead of 6, would it be better? A 6 minute quarter game takes as long as a 5 minute quarter game with stats.

It's going to suck not having my #1 inter-division rival, the #1 Browns fan on GAF, and the top air attack in the league to play against.

Truth be told, this is a product of the game not being as good as it usually is and people calling a spade a spade (though not outright saying it) than anything else.

CB3

Mrbob said:
:(

I agree, recruiting is fun. I have a couple soft committals right now trying to get them over the edge and on my team!

The NCAA league is also going at a lightning pace. This is also another one of my concerns. If the league takes two days to advance Lonestar is crying (I LUV YA!)! :D

Oh and I like how stat entering went from a 5 to 7 minute job to a 15 minute one.

15 X 16 = 240 minutes = 4 hours

writing down stats 7 minutes tops
putting them in 7 minutes tops

15 minutes for you and any others who dont have a computer next to them or a laptop. that doesnt even have to be at the same time.

To young bucks like CB complaining over the stats thing being a lazy thing, I don't think you guys get it...

When you're working 50+ hours a week with variable hours, married, prepping for grad school standarized tests, staying connected with friends and family and other random stuff that comes up....every minute is valued. For the 5-7 minutes expectation, it's never that easy for me because there are many competing priorities that make it a longer process than it should assuming I had nothing else to do

Had I not been spoiled by the easy nature of the NCAA and NBA2K leagues, I'd probably have more tolerance for another League Daddy thing. But as I said, I need to think this through some before I commit...

CB3

so your saying you can spend an hour playing a game of madden fine but right when its done you cant spend 5 minutes typing in stats because a flurry of other things hit you right then?

like i said, maybe some of you should drop. if the difference between and hour and an hour and 10 minutes is such a huge groundbreaking thing. most of you in the NCAA league are fine spending the extra 10-15 minutes before or after your game recruiting. no qualms there!

Had I not been spoiled by the easy nature of the NCAA and NBA2K leagues, I'd probably have more tolerance for another League Daddy thing.

i think thats the real issue. not the time considerations. most of you just dont want to enter stats. call it what it is instead of using excuses

CB3 said:
so your saying you can spend an hour playing a game of madden fine but right when its done you cant spend 5 minutes typing in stats because a flurry of other things hit you right then?

like i said, maybe some of you should drop. if the difference between and hour and an hour and 10 minutes is such a huge groundbreaking thing. most of you in the NCAA league are fine spending the extra 10-15 minutes before or after your game recruiting. no qualms there!

i think thats the real issue. not the time considerations. most of you just dont want to enter stats. call it what it is instead of using excuses

:face palm:

Exactly! That sarcastic question you posed early in your post is exactly what my life is like! I get all kinds of actionable emails and phone calls at all hours due to my job and I manage and prioritize accordingly. You ARE right in a sense though. The time commitment is relatively minor compared to an actual full length game, but I'm virtually over having to manually put in stats post game. It's an annoyance thing and inconvenience thing. As a result, I have to do some decision making to determine whether the annoyances outweigh the positives.

As to the NCAA piece, the Supersim feature cuts my time to play CPU games in half once the scores get out of hand. In adidition, recruiting is optional (as evidenced by my lack of commitments!) So it's not an apples to apples comparison.

To your last point...time considerations and the annoyance factor go hand in hand. They aren't mutually exclusive things you can silo off and blame one vs. the other...

let me know by the end of the week if you guys are playing, i have some work arounds ill get into later.

anyhow, i understand why people wouldn't want to play but i don't agree with it. i think we all work the 8 to 5. i think we all have girlfriends or wives or mistresses or whatever. we all have buddies, we all have football teams we watch on sundays, we all have family, etc. so i get that, i get why you wouldn't have time for an online league.

i could kind of see why entering your stats is a sticking point, but not if you were honestly enthusiastic about running an online league and having an online league the way it was meant to be.

you dont want to take the 5 minutes it takes to enter stats? why? is it because it's tedious or because you honestly don't have the time? if it's the latter i can't see it. what if we were playing 7 min quaters, what if a game went into overtime, what if the game had an excessive amount of passing and the clock just didn't move? there is also the fact that this years madden games PURPOSELY run shorter thanks to EA making the cutscenes unskippable between plays. example: you run a running play, you are tackled, the camera sits on the field for a good 5 seconds running 5 seconds off the clock. this wasn't so in years past.

so i think this entire issue is due to the perception that the games are taking longer, or you think its taking forever to enter the stats, or you are spoiled by NCAA's fancy setup. but i doubt in all reality it is actually lacking the time to enter the stats. and if that's the case, if the reason you aren't playing is because you have to take 5 minutes to enter stats and thus simulate a real league (and why would you want it any other way), then it's probably best you don't play.

you guys know we've run some of these leagues with as little as 12 people, and it works. so don't think you owe it to myself or the league itself to play. i would rather you just don't play then drop out in week 7.

the entire reason we dont use EA's shitty system is that it is bare bones. you get the player stats and thats it. you dont get a detailed summary of each game, you dont get team stats, you dont get a lot of the things that make online leagues fun. and frankly i would rather "waste" 5 minutes entering stats than waste an hour of my life playing in EA's online leagues when that's not what i want this league to be. THAT would be a true waste.

it sucks to have you guys go because you are vets and its always fun to play against the people you've played against for years and who you've developed a rivalry with over the years in league play. you can say "well i can always play them whenever", but there is a different vibe around the games when you know it is in league play. you play different and although the game itself doesn't express it there is a kind of atmosphere created by the league itself.

anyhow, let me know by the end of this week, thats when league daddy goes up!

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Do you guys have your gaming TVs right next to your computer?
I do, but if you don't, you can print out a stat sheet with all your players' names from leaguedaddy. Then, you can input them to the site at your own leisure. I really don't see how it takes that long, but whatever.

If you guys don't want to play, don't force yourself. It's better to know now than mid-season. Last thing we need is a bunch of people quitting and I surely don't want to hear guilt trips about how we made you play all season long.

DCX

DCX
Stop hounded the guy, if it's to much then it's to much for him. Let him be, he didn't sign a contract to play for our league :lol I have no problem putting in stats the only thing i'm mad about is trades and injuries etc. What makes a league a league.

DCX

Rorschach

I agree with FMT. Nice post.

DCX said:
Stop hounded the guy, if it's to much then it's to much for him. Let him be, he didn't sign a contract to play for our league :lol I have no problem putting in stats the only thing i'm mad about is trades and injuries etc. What makes a league a league.

DCX
Injuries weren't in the Online leagues, anyway. :\ Damn you, EA!

Wellington said:
Well it'll be easy to get a team to use the cowboys, but who will use the shitty Bears!?
I think we may have to run a short league, anyway, so teams will be absent. :(

btw my "idea" for the short league is to have the CPU as the missing teams. you would simply then play an offline game against the CPU and report the stats. the problem with this is a) honestly, and b) you then have to enter double the stats!

i was thinking home games would be played on all pro, away games on all madden. but i dont know about that, just a thought i had. or THOUGHTS, as it were

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:

DCX

It's fun to hound Bob,we all know the real reason he doesn't have time to enter stats....

He needs those precious mins to catch up on all his new fall dvr'ed tv shows.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
It's fun to hound Bob,we all the the real reason he doesn't have time to enter stats....

He needs those precious mins to catch up on all his new fall dvr'ed tv shows.
We could all save time for entering stats by not posting in this thread! No more "gg" posts or whining about how the game screwed us out of another victory. No more drama about questionable plays and rule breaking! That should shave off a few minutes per game!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw my "idea" for the short league is to have the CPU as the missing teams. you would simply then play an offline game against the CPU and report the stats. the problem with this is a) honestly, and b) you then have to enter double the stats!

i was thinking home games would be played on all pro, away games on all madden. but i dont know about that, just a thought i had. or THOUGHTS, as it were
I dunno...it's pretty hard to lose to the AI (or come within 20 points of losing) even on All-Madden.

[edit] Ah, crap. One bad thing (for me) about the Leaguedaddy league is that it will have the most current rosters. I just lost 4 good players!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
We could all save time for entering stats by not posting in this thread! No more "gg" posts or whining about how the game screwed us out of another victory. No more drama about questionable plays and rule breaking! That should shave off a few minutes per game!!

I need my drama,no drama no league no fun.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Are you kidding me? Dude, I am in New York, which is an hour ahead of you, and I have not had a problem with getting games in at all, except for maybe once or twice where I had tow ait until the weekend. Further, I have to be up to get to work at 5 AM. An 11 EST start is out of the question for me.

That said, if we play 5 minute quarters instead of 6, would it be better? A 6 minute quarter game takes as long as a 5 minute quarter game with stats.

It's going to suck not having my #1 inter-division rival, the #1 Browns fan on GAF, and the top air attack in the league to play against.

Nah, I'll still be playing.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
let me know by the end of the week if you guys are playing, i have some work arounds ill get into later.

anyhow, i understand why people wouldn't want to play but i don't agree with it. i think we all work the 8 to 5. i think we all have girlfriends or wives or mistresses or whatever. we all have buddies, we all have football teams we watch on sundays, we all have family, etc. so i get that, i get why you wouldn't have time for an online league.

i could kind of see why entering your stats is a sticking point, but not if you were honestly enthusiastic about running an online league and having an online league the way it was meant to be.

you dont want to take the 5 minutes it takes to enter stats? why? is it because it's tedious or because you honestly don't have the time? if it's the latter i can't see it. what if we were playing 7 min quaters, what if a game went into overtime, what if the game had an excessive amount of passing and the clock just didn't move? there is also the fact that this years madden games PURPOSELY run shorter thanks to EA making the cutscenes unskippable between plays. example: you run a running play, you are tackled, the camera sits on the field for a good 5 seconds running 5 seconds off the clock. this wasn't so in years past.

so i think this entire issue is due to the perception that the games are taking longer, or you think its taking forever to enter the stats, or you are spoiled by NCAA's fancy setup. but i doubt in all reality it is actually lacking the time to enter the stats. and if that's the case, if the reason you aren't playing is because you have to take 5 minutes to enter stats and thus simulate a real league (and why would you want it any other way), then it's probably best you don't play.

you guys know we've run some of these leagues with as little as 12 people, and it works. so don't think you owe it to myself or the league itself to play. i would rather you just don't play then drop out in week 7.

the entire reason we dont use EA's shitty system is that it is bare bones. you get the player stats and thats it. you dont get a detailed summary of each game, you dont get team stats, you dont get a lot of the things that make online leagues fun. and frankly i would rather "waste" 5 minutes entering stats than waste an hour of my life playing in EA's online leagues when that's not what i want this league to be. THAT would be a true waste.

it sucks to have you guys go because you are vets and its always fun to play against the people you've played against for years and who you've developed a rivalry with over the years in league play. you can say "well i can always play them whenever", but there is a different vibe around the games when you know it is in league play. you play different and although the game itself doesn't express it there is a kind of atmosphere created by the league itself.

anyhow, let me know by the end of this week, thats when league daddy goes up!

I hear you bro, but for me it's more of a value assessment and comparison more than anything else.

It's your league and ultimately you wield the hammer about what the deal is going to be, and I 100% respect and accept that. I do enjoy to the competition, drama, and all the other ancillary benefits that come with playing here. But for me, League Daddy is a concession that as of today, I can't get my mind around dealing with. I personally don't care that much about stats except for the win-loss records and, in turn, the lack of depth in the EA solution doesn't trouble me as much as it does the rest of you guys. That being said, I totally understand how that is a deal breaker to a lot of you and makes it a non-option.

I'll have a definite answer by the time LD is up and running though.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
GODDAMMIT LIVEWIRE WHY ARE YOU STILL ON ACTION CAM!?!?!?!?!?

Fuck what a game...

:( my bad. I changed it now though!

17-14, headed to OT, kick is up and it's.....

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It's nice to see that there are others feeling the hate for stats. I like having them but I hate putting them in after a loss.
After a win it feels good cause you are seeing where you did well. But after my 15th loss in a season it's freakin painful and I can think of a million things I would rather be doing.

It's a real shame that EA can't do their job.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'd be willing to trade in my Madden for NCAA, but the chances of you guys opening up more spots in the dynasty is slim to none right?

first off there has always been a spot available in ncaa. we only have 11 people :lol

secondly no we can't give you that spot if it means you're leaving madden :D

Rorschach

I like entering individual stats when I lose because it gives me small victories. Even in bad seasons, I could look at my good ground game or defense or individual players that are atop the stats page. Losing without stats is just a loss with no redemption about it. :\

It would also help me not make the same mistakes again because I could see what I did wrong just by looking at the numbers.

Wellington said:
That's cool but I have a better passing game than you bro.
This "unstoppable" passing game will be shown to us. I know you're saving it for the season. I'm on to you!

eli-manning-unstoppable.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well, there's a reason that Luke has been dodging me.

That said, I haven't even gone into this stupid new playbook to get good passing plays. I just use the five or so I recognize from last year.

Somnia

mm do I sense the Cowboys possibly opening up? :lol :lol Sucks we are losing some vets...I'm new, but was looking forward to finally playing with some of ya.

Somnia

What happened to ya FMT? I hit fair catch and nada then your guy ran into me and you disconnected and you had one hell of a first possession :lol

sorry somnia, my ps3 gave me that connection error again. i think it has something to do with my router (according to google!)

lol that was a lucky first possession. it was shaping up to be a good game, should have run the ball near midfield but i got greedy! you had a good first drive and would have had a FG if it weren't for the 19 mph wind against you. this is why it's so cool to have variable weather online! thank you ea!

also, were you on classic or action cam? just want to make sure everyone changes to classic!

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sorry somnia, my ps3 gave me that connection error again. i think it has something to do with my router (according to google!)

lol that was a lucky first possession. it was shaping up to be a good game, should have run the ball near midfield but i got greedy! you had a good first drive and would have had a FG if it weren't for the 19 mph wind against you. this is why it's so cool to have variable weather online! thank you ea!

also, were you on classic or action cam? just want to make sure everyone changes to classic!

Classic finally =) I knew I wouldnt do too hot since it was my first game on classic, first game as bengals, and 3rd game with the PS3 controller :lol (well madden not overall)

edit: I was debating going for the FG :lol :lol however I knew I could get the ball to the 1-2 yard on the punt =P

DCX

DCX
I gotta get a game in before i go to bed, i think i've played like 4 games since the game came out :/ Who can run one?

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
I like entering individual stats when I lose because it gives me small victories. Even in bad seasons, I could look at my good ground game or defense or individual players that are atop the stats page. Losing without stats is just a loss with no redemption about it. :\

It would also help me not make the same mistakes again because I could see what I did wrong just by looking at the numbers.

Well it was tough to see the small victories for me because it was always so similar. My run defense was one of the top in the league. Always has been when I had the Falcons. But my pass defense has not been. So I would hold a good running team to their lowest yardage game of their season and then get tagged with three or four bombs and still lose.

That's when the stats got tough.

It might make the pain a bit less if weekly awards were given out to the best player for that week in their category regardless of if their team won or not.
Just saying.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyone still around? i fixed my router problem i think!

meet me online if you want to rumble!
still there? GG Som...tough luck for me, couldn't convert 3rd and short and two break for you wins the game, fucking oline blows for ATL.

DCX

Somnia

DCX said:
still there? GG Som...tough luck for me, couldn't convert 3rd and short and two break for you wins the game, fucking oline blows for ATL.

DCX

Ya your oline wasnt blocking anyone. Was a GG though!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im still here buddy. revenge for the ohio state debacle is close at hand....
I was going to add another loss to you record against me this year until the game decided to shit on us once again. WTF EA seriously? Let my wins become official!

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Damn guys.... after looking realistically at the leagues, i am not going to be able to play in the Madden league this year.. Living with the lady, work, and recruiting season is starting up in 2 and a half weeks... as much as I want to join in, I gotta step back for a little and hopefully have a better handle on my schedule by the time season 2 comes around... I will still be in the NCAA league, and if you guys need practice games I will be around to play with you....
sux

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
Damn guys.... after looking realistically at the leagues, i am not going to be able to play in the Madden league this year.. Living with the lady, work, and recruiting season is starting up in 2 and a half weeks... as much as I want to join in, I gotta step back for a little and hopefully have a better handle on my schedule by the time season 2 comes around... I will still be in the NCAA league, and if you guys need practice games I will be around to play with you....
sux
crowd.jpg

Madden curse confirmed.

DCX

Top Bottom