• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

rors is actually the best player i've played in madden 09, even with the raiders. but i feel like in madden its risk reward. i can generate a pash rush, but the question is this: will he find the opening before my guy can get in. this is how football SHOULD be. and this is with the niners, i have a pretty bad D line and need to bring a blitz. with a team like the giants you can get pressure with the front 4.

in ncaa, no matter what i do i cant get pressure without absolutely compromising my D. if you want to see that the o-line is broken just run a screenplay for the proof. there is absolutely NO reason to not run a screen play. why? because the pass rush doesn't get to you but you still get all the blockers for your runner. this makes absolutely no sense. a screen is dangerous because of the pass rush. when there is no pass rush, there is no danger and it is a money play. thats what screens are in NCAA and thats why i have yet to run 1 screen in dynasty play.

all of this is just my opinion... but im not the only one! i hope someday you'll join us...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nope, not going to happen. Your statements aren't just ABSOLUTES. There are instances where the exact opposite happens from what you say. Screens that get broken up. Pressure get's felt. yada yada yada, this isn't going anywhere.

PS: I'm trying to remember if Dammitttmatt was interested in the league, did you ever get in contact with him? He's banned and can't see any of the online forum.

of course nothing is absolute. ive seen screens defended, ive seen the qb pressured, ive seen good db play at times. but to say NCAA plays better on the field than madden is absolutely incorrect, and anyone who has played both extensively will agree with that. i still enjoy ncaa, even with its faults, but madden is highly superior (except the online component!)

i dont know about dammittmatt, i thought he had told me he was going to pass on it. not sure though!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
We might as well just let whoever wants to walk, walk. No sense in talking someone into playing to only have them drop half way through.

Mrbob

I've decided I will be staying in. I can't turn my back on the family. Not just yet!

I still have at least one more championship run in me!

Fifty

Mrbob said:
I've decided I will be staying in. I can't turn my back on the family. Not just yet!

I still have at least one more championship run in me!

p2_sterger.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
People will retire, they will declare they aren't coming back, then the itch will set in, they will want to come back, and end up playing with a team that isn't the one they played with for years.

Sounds familiar. It is almost destiny.

Mrbob

Neither one has a Cubs hat on so you don't win! Even though the Cubs hat in the pic above looks photoshopped! :lol

Somnia

Mrbob said:
Neither one has a Cubs hat on so you don't win! Even though the Cubs hat in the pic above looks photoshopped! :lol

Why go for the Cubs when you can like a real Chicago team like the White Sox? :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Somnia said:
Why go for the Cubs when you can like a real Chicago team like the White Sox? :D

muhahahaahaha

Somnia said:
I'm in no matter what...but I want to call Dibs on Cowboys if Shawn leaves :D

I suspect your dibs are now granted....

It's been a pleasure my friends, but this is the end of the road for me here. It's been a pleasure playing and getting to know you all over the past couple years, and hopefully I can rejoin the crew again in the future.

Best of luck to you all, and "GO COWBOYS" :D

Somnia

Shawnwhann said:

It's been a pleasure my friends, but this is the end of the road for me here. It's been a pleasure playing and getting to know you all over the past couple years, and hopefully I can rejoin the crew again in the future.

Sucks I never got to play ya, but shoot me an invite if you plan to play at all anymore (PSN= Somnia) and we can play sometime. If I am granted the Boys I'll try not to let ya down :D

Mrbob

Oh shiiiiiiiiiit.

So if we end up with a custom schedule, I demand Somnia and his crying Cowboys (THATS MY TEAMMATE! THATS MY QUARTERBACK!) on the schedule!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:

j9vksj.jpg

Somnia

Mrbob said:
Oh shiiiiiiiiiit.

So if we end up with a custom schedule, I demand Somnia and his crying Cowboys (THATS MY TEAMMATE! THATS MY QUARTERBACK!) on the schedule!

:lol :lol I dont have that much room to speak we went 88 years, but it's on :D

Wellington said:

:lol

Basically is comes down to the fact I can only do 2 leagues at a time right now. I can't drop the NCAA league because that would be messed up to that crew, and I have a championship to defend on the NBA2K side of things. As a result, made the best sense to not join the league I wasn't already started in yet.... even though it's the biggest and most prestigious!

Wellie, please change my tag to something else so I don't get a reminder of what I'm missing out on with every post!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
:lol

Basically is comes down to the fact I can only do 2 leagues at a time right now. I can't drop the NCAA league because that would be messed up to that crew, and I have a championship to defend on the NBA2K side of things. As a result, made the best sense to not join the league I wasn't already started in yet.... even though it's the biggest and most prestigious!

Wellie, please change my tag to something else so I don't get a reminder of what I'm missing out on with every post!

Much lulz to be had

DCX

Fifty

It's one thing to turn this league down for your family...but for NBA 2K? It's still going on? Are there like 5 of you playing?

you're not playing madden for nba 2k!? holy crap nba 2k9 comes out in like a month or something.

but as ive said so many times before, if you dont want to play you dont want to play

Somnia

GG Wellie :D I couldnt get shit going in the first half and got desperate in the 3rd quarter...hence the 3 ints :lol :lol Your d-line and Jacobs are a beast...hopefully that isnt a clue to the real season for me =P

I meant to onside that at the end, but hit the wrong button and was outa time outs heh

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you're not playing madden for nba 2k!? holy crap nba 2k9 comes out in like a month or something.

but as ive said so many times before, if you dont want to play you dont want to play

October 7th brother!

Somnia said:
GG Wellie I couldnt get shit going in the first half and got desperate in the 3rd quarter...hence the 3 ints Your d-line and Jacobs are a beast...hopefully that isnt a clue to the real season for me =P

I meant to onside that at the end, but hit the wrong button and was outa time outs heh

:face palm:

Somnia

Shawnwhann said:
:face palm:

It's all good was my first time playing as Dallas actually heh...been playing Bengals since I figured thats who I'd be and Texans on 360 since thats who I was stuck with there...I need to practice with em :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The only thing I will mention is that you really just let me keep doing the same things and getting positive results. You were going with spread out D's (I saw a lot of bare three man fronts with LBs obviously out in man coverage). I wasn't trying to milk the clock on you or anything in the first quarter, you just let me run the whole time. It was nice though, I only have four or five passing plays I rely on at the moment, and you kept playing the same zone coverages that left the same seems open.

And don't be fooled by my DLine play. That was probably my best game with Tuck so far. I wish Strahan would have unretired.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ok, FMT, as I've been in the league so many years, I'm going to actually put Madden back in and try it out some more, to see if my opinion changes....

Somnia

Wellington said:
The only thing I will mention is that you really just let me keep doing the same things and getting positive results. You were going with spread out D's (I saw a lot of bare three man fronts with LBs obviously out in man coverage). I wasn't trying to milk the clock on you or anything in the first quarter, you just let me run the whole time. It was nice though, I only have four or five passing plays I rely on at the moment, and you kept playing the same zone coverages that left the same seems open.

And don't be fooled by my DLine play. That was probably my best game with Tuck so far. I wish Strahan would have unretired.

I appreciate the feedback. I've pretty much up till this point only played Madden offline so I don't expect to do so hot for awhile :D I just need to practice more so if anyone ever wants to play shoot me a PM or post on here!

woodchuck

btw Somnia, i was having trouble with the Dallas 3-4 on defense. it was getting pretty easy to run on.

i switched it to a 4-3:

RE: Ware
DT: Tank
DT: Ratliff
LE: Ellis

LOLB: Bradie James
MLB: Zach
ROLB: Burnett

i felt that was much easier to work with

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
woodchuck said:
btw Somnia, i was having trouble with the Dallas 3-4 on defense. it was getting pretty easy to run on.

i switched it to a 4-3:

RE: Ware
DT: Tank
DT: Ratliff
LE: Ellis

LOLB: Bradie James
MLB: Zach
ROLB: Burnett

i felt that was much easier to work with
I wish I could play you.

Rorschach

Just me and Bluemax left in the west. :(

If he was a Seahawks fan and took over for Lone, then it would just be me!

PS: who wants some?! Haven't played someone in months!

Rorschach

Somnia said:
GG man...did a lot better than I thought I would against you :lol
GG. Laggy, but GG.

Man, Ellis is a fucking beast. :lol

:lol @ the pick I threw...straight for the defender, but I panicked when I saw the flag.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
GG. Laggy, but GG.

Man, Ellis is a fucking beast. :lol

:lol @ the pick I threw...straight for the defender, but I panicked when I saw the flag.

Ya that was my first game doing 4-3 and I like it much better...thanks to ck for the suggestion. Ya I was afraid it was going back to you when that flag went up...and there was lag =(

edit: note to any other raiders players...McFadden is one hell of a receiver :lol

Rorschach

Somnia said:
Ya that was my first game doing 4-3 and I like it much better...thanks to ck for the suggestion. Ya I was afraid it was going back to you when that flag went up...and there was lag =(

edit: note to any other raiders players...McFadden is one hell of a receiver :lol
Haha he got all of his yards on two plays. The heave over the middle where he was left alone and that route to the right.

Barber tried to show off with that one handed catch in the flats. :p

Top Bottom