• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Mrbob

I see FMT once again improves his playoff odds by giving his division only 4 teams!

I refuse to acknowledge Carolina as a division opponent! Where are the Lions?!

if there are only 28 people in the league, that means 4 teams aren't going to be here buddy! show me who wants the lions and ill put them in your division! i'm trying to copy the OLD nfl divisions when 2 divisions had 5 teams and one had 4. what do you want me to do!

1 spot open!

(technically 5 spots open if we miraciously got to 32 before tonight.... then i'd have to completely re-do the schedule... but i would still do it!)

guys im also looking into possibly cutting the playclock down. i.e. you cant let the playclock run to single digits outside of 2 mins left in the 4th quarter.

why? it's just not fair. we aren't playing 15 min quarters and its frustrating enough to be having an "off" game, and then throw in someone who gets a 10 point lead in the middle of the 3rd and he starts running the clock down to nuthin. its frustrating!

i have some other ideas that i'll put forth as well!

Mrbob

Hahahah I'm just busting your chops it is fine!

I'm also a fan of cutting down the playclock as well. I know of a couple players who will milk that bad boy in the 3rd quarter going into the fourth! :D

somnia, knee, and other people who have never played, i need you to sign into the leaguedaddy site and register. that way i can assign you your teams and you can begin playing!

everyone who is signed in has their team assigned. i am still working on the site but the week is "open" and you can technically play! week 1, no pre-season!

also, new people please understand:

YOU MUST MANUALLY ENTER YOUR TEAM AND PLAYER STATS AFTER THE GAME!

I have a new rule stating WINNING team must enter all "team stats". it takes 2 seconds guys come on!

IF YOU WIN YOUR GAME, enter the TEAM STATS for both teams. you can easily tab through both teams on that screen. this will avoid any confusion. however, player stats will be entered individually by both parties

Zep

Banned
YEA!!!!! GET MAD!

I like my opponents upset...Your team sucks DCX...Terrible.

edit: too much, imma be nice!

GQman2121

Banned
GQman2121

As soon as FMT adds me to the league site we can play.

I'm like five rolling rocks deep right now, but fuck it, I'm game if you are tonight. :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sure, I wanna see how this goes. Just give me a time, becaus:

I have to disconnect my router and play straight through to my PS3. This means I have to take screen pics of stats. Which isn't bad. HD LCD + 3.2 megapixel LG Dare Phone = Acceptable :D

GQman2121

Banned
Are you action cam or classic?

I didn't see a rule for universal league camera option. I'm using the default action, but I don't think I'll have a problem with switching.

Lonestar

shit, I forgot about that. I've just been using whatever's default. I'll use classic unless you don't want me to.

LiveWire

Week 2 against the Niners? FMT this isn't NCAA, strength of schedule won't help you get to a better bowl game. Sorry, but you'll be 0-2 to start the season. Even with JTO.

im watching the niner game! can't play till tomorrow!

ill assign your guys' teams shortly. DM/Rors also have commish capabilities!

p.s. denogg i didn't see you in the leaguedaddy list is why i didn't add you as the jets!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im watching the niner game! can't play till tomorrow!

ill assign your guys' teams shortly. DM/Rors also have commish capabilities!

p.s. denogg i didn't see you in the leaguedaddy list is why i didn't add you as the jets!
I am logged in right now. Make it happen.

Somnia

I just signed into LD FMT...I'm heading out of town tonight for a wedding tomorrow..I'll be back tomorrow night and good to go starting then. Sorry for being a day late and all =(

everyone who is signed in is now assigned their team!

i need miguel to tell me which team he wants (anyone seen him around!?)

and i need Bryan to sign in. hollaatchaboy luke!

Rorschach

Crap...my first two games are against super teams. I are screwed. Double crap...I gots the Jags in my division in addition to the bolts. I are definitely screwed.

PS: who are the saints? Is that just a placeholder team?
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i need miguel to tell me which team he wants (anyone seen him around!?)
There's like now way to contact him. :( Someone put out the MiG signal!

DCX

DCX
It is ugly, speaking of which where's Konex? The Yankees suck, anime sucks, lets get this shit rolling i'm going 0-16 bitches!!

DCX

Rorschach

GQman2121 said:
Are you action cam or classic?

I didn't see a rule for universal league camera option. I'm using the default action, but I don't think I'll have a problem with switching.
We are all using classic for now. It's on the front page now. Everyone set your cameras if you haven't already.

GQman2121

Banned
I just learned the hard way that The Randy Moss is un-coverable. One little shoulder dip to the outside and double coverage is nonexistent; the deep ball is open all day.

So triangle and up on the right stick is pretty much 6 in the bank for the Pats. Weather be damned.......

GG LoneStar

Rorschach

:lol Lonestar took the Patriots?

Remember the new rule guys:

FrenchMovieTheme said:
I have a new rule stating WINNING team must enter all "team stats". it takes 2 seconds guys come on!

IF YOU WIN YOUR GAME, enter the TEAM STATS for both teams. you can easily tab through both teams on that screen. this will avoid any confusion. however, player stats will be entered individually by both parties
One thing this does is prevent that error that deletes half the team stats.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I signed in. Wow at the short season. Should be fun.

I'm not back at home till Tuesday though. So no games for me till then.

Fifty

Man, this sucks. No, not that I'm playing a team that no one has. (I can't wait for one of Konex's friends who 'doesn't like stats' to take the Panthers!), but that Lonestar, who I thought for year after year of Madden seasons was a big Seahawks fan, now has the Patriots of death. I wish they weren't in the league!

I need to get to know each and every league member more, so that these kind of things don't shock and disturb me.

Lonestar

FMT should have made me a commish :p

Ror, can you add Jason Webster to my roster.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/342148The fumble that shouldn't have been. Should have challenged this GQ.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/342165Rodney Harrison...and his asshole move...

Hey, I was going to be out. I just didn't like the way the game played, on top of disillusionment with the Seahawks (I was only a fan for Alexander...and now...I don't know who to believe in anymore).

GQman2121

Banned
None of the vids on EAsports world are playing for me since I updated FireFox a few days ago. I have to figure this out.......

the season is a full 16 games, i just haven't entered the others! sorry, the niners game just ended!

i will enter them now!

i was thinking of doing power rankings pre-season but i'll start them after week 1!

also, i don't know who miguel is going to want. i put the panthers and saints in there because i felt like it! i can easily change things if he and mystery person want someone else!

it will be a bit of an extended week for week 1 due to the holiday and just getting things started.

p.s. anyone know how to imbed the EA vids?

Lonestar

I figure you could save the video's as .flv's, then upload to youtube? Maybe some other way.
Bah, he told me to make it Ranked (which I think makes it all pro and 5 minutes.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I figure you could save the video's as .flv's, then upload to youtube? Maybe some other way.
Bah, he told me to make it Ranked (which I think makes it all pro and 5 minutes.
...it's been 6 mins forever! You're the vet!

And a commish!

Lonestar

hey, it's been ages, and I haven't thought of what you guy's might have changed while I was holding out. By the time I remembered to find out, I was in the game menu, and like I said, my internet was tied in directly to the PS3, so I couldn't come back here to look see. I asked GQ what the settings were, and I went with what he told me.

no biggie!

full schedule is up! as i said, the 2 unclaimed teams are the saints and panthers. hopefully mig will take one or the other... thats if he still exists! dm says he's always on PSN! if not we'll figure it out!

Rorschach

Zep: let me know when you want to go.

Lonestar said:
hey, it's been ages, and I haven't thought of what you guy's might have changed while I was holding out. By the time I remembered to find out, I was in the game menu, and like I said, my internet was tied in directly to the PS3, so I couldn't come back here to look see. I asked GQ what the settings were, and I went with what he told me.
NO! INEXCUSABLE! YOU WILL REPENT BY NOT PLAYING ME WEEK 15 OR ELSE*!

*I will just forfeit.

[edit] Damn, tough end and beginning to my schedule.

Top Bottom