• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex wasn't on aim around the time I said I could play him and he said he could play tonight,have no clue what happened.

My game is going to be traded in this Saturday,so someone is going to have to fill in my last two games against Konex and Mig if I can't get them both in by tomorrow.

Mig already know's and is cool with it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
I keep AIMing Truelize and he doesn't respond :|

Hey AIM is always on. I'm never hear. Just haven't gotten used to turning it off. Every time I have seen your messages you have already logged off. That's what going on.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
.........Exciting game, Bluemax.

LT can bite my nuts.

Probably one of the single most thrilling Madden finishes I've been apart of.

To recap:

In the first half I moved the ball at will but turned it over twice, both times in the red zone. I also turned it over on downs once but got the FG a few plays later to negate that. It ended up being 17-7 at the half.

In the second half I couldn't run the ball anymore and LT kept getting injured. I got one FG and then had another drive end when I threw a pick in the end zone (3 red zone turnovers ugh).

At this point Troy Smith went off on me and led Fifty down field to make it 20-14. On the ensuing kick off I fumbled. With time winding down Fifty drove down the short field and took the lead with about 1:40 to go (I used up all of my time outs).

The kick off was pretty short and I was set up for a good return but got distracted by my puppy so I only got it out to the 30.

1st and 10 goes incomplete.
2nd and 10 complete for 3 yards in bounds.
3rd and 7 complete and out of bounds for a loss of 4.

Facing a 4th and 11 from my own 29 with about a minute to go I complete a pass to Gates who gets out of bounds. Next play goes incomplete. 2nd and 10 now from like my own 40 something and I call a pass that has LT going out of the back field. He makes a leaping catch, almost gets tackled but keeps going, breaks another tackle and takes off.

Ed Reed and like 3 others give chase but LT out runs them all to score making it 26-24 with 29 seconds to go. I get the PAT, and the rest was pretty much Hail Mary attempts.

I was so nervous though on that 4th down, and the play where LT broke it for 52 yards, I thought for sure I was gonna get tackled

BTW, Merriman's "injured" leg is finally not bothering him! He had 8 tackles tonight!

bluemax

Banned
Random note, is it me or is league wide rushing way down?

I swear I had about 1400 yards rushing last season and the best team had like 1600ish.

Now it looks like Rors' 1289 will be tops unless some of us with remaining games have huge games.

Rorschach

Awesome recap.

bluemax said:
Random note, is it me or is league wide rushing way down?

I swear I had about 1400 yards rushing last season and the best team had like 1600ish.

Now it looks like Rors' 1289 will be tops unless some of us with remaining games have huge games.
I stopped rushing after week 11. Everyone stacks the box on me, so I say forget that! :p Also, the Pats and Chargers are impossible to run against. :( You can run on the 9ers sometimes, but Patrick Willis is a tackle machine. :[

I would have kept running, but I just don't feel comfortable without a lead anymore. I think the 9ers game was the only game where I had to mount a comeback (besides that ill-fated Konex game -_-). Besides, even when I come out in 5 wide sets with no RB, people stack the box, so why bother running? :p

It's gonna be tougher now that Walker is out. :\ I've been using him more lately. My best WR now is rated 76 with 89 speed. :'''(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The Frankman said:
Week 11 at New York Jets TJ Denogginizer L 0-7 START 2nd Half

To make the playoffs I need to win out. Anyone want to play post here (Been having a little problem with AIM)
Is it still worthwhile to play the second half?

Mrbob

Ok ladies I will be home for the weekend around 2 or 3pm cst today, I need to get my damn games in.

If you can't get me on aim, check XBL. I might be playing Fallout 3, and since I can save anywhere maybe I'll pull myself away from the game to play my Madden league games. :lol

Tommorrow and sunday will probably be better days to play though. I'm 90 percent sure I'll be heading out around 6 tonight.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Awesome recap.

I stopped rushing after week 11. Everyone stacks the box on me, so I say forget that! :p Also, the Pats and Chargers are impossible to run against. :( You can run on the 9ers sometimes, but Patrick Willis is a tackle machine. :[

I would have kept running, but I just don't feel comfortable without a lead anymore. I think the 9ers game was the only game where I had to mount a comeback (besides that ill-fated Konex game -_-). Besides, even when I come out in 5 wide sets with no RB, people stack the box, so why bother running? :p

It's gonna be tougher now that Walker is out. :\ I've been using him more lately. My best WR now is rated 76 with 89 speed. :'''(

I admit that I stopped running as much after my first four games or so when everyone would just all out blitz me every play it felt like. My rushing numbers have improved since then though.

GQMan, Konex and Frankman I have taken a sick day from work and will be home all day. If any of you are around and want to get our games in hit me up on AIM: Super Ska Hero or post in here.

I'll probably be switching between Fallout 3 on 360 and Resistance 2 on PS3 while I wait.

Somnia

Mrbob said:
Ok ladies I will be home for the weekend around 2 or 3pm cst today, I need to get my damn games in.

If you can't get me on aim, check XBL. I might be playing Fallout 3, and since I can save anywhere maybe I'll pull myself away from the game to play my Madden league games. :lol

Tommorrow and sunday will probably be better days to play though. I'm 90 percent sure I'll be heading out around 6 tonight.

Bob I'll be up for playing tomorrow sometime. I'll look for ya

Rorschach

If anyone needs a Miami or Washington game, I'll be home at around 5 PST. I'm willing to play multiple games tonight. Let's get 'em done!

If it's a Washington game, I'll sit Portis and Campbell. :p

LJ11

Rorschach said:
If anyone needs a Miami or Washington game, I'll be home at around 5 PST. I'm willing to play multiple games tonight. Let's get 'em done!

If it's a Washington game, I'll sit Portis and Campbell. :p

I need Miami, so just hit me on AIM (LJ11370) whenever you're ready.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GG Frank.

Ok. Now I have officially completed all my games.

I am selling it Tuesday but may be available for some substitutions.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Guys I want to get all my games in this week. Cold, Livewire, can we make this happen?
Livewire apparently sold his copy of Madden before even telling anyone.

I just noticed LD is about to expire. Let's finish this thing up ASAP. We can handle playoffs without LD, but let's try and get these season games done. :(

DCX

DCX
Week 12 Atlanta Falcons vs CHICAGO BEARS [-enter-] Mrbob2k6
Week 15 Cleveland Browns at Tennessee Titans [-enter-] GQman2121
Week 16 Atlanta Falcons vs ARIZONA CARDINALS [-enter-] The Natural
Week 16 Cleveland Browns vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS [-enter-] Cloudy

I'll be willing to play all night!! Let me know.

DCX

Rorschach

What's up, CB? You're just handing yourself wins now? :\ Doesn't seem fair to me.

Though, you'd still have the same playoff spot...

MrBob: play some games, dangit!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
What's up, CB? You're just handing yourself wins now? :\ Doesn't seem fair to me.

Though, you'd still have the same playoff spot...

MrBob: play some games, dangit!
i tried getting in touch with luke and wasabi mulitple times. if they show up ill play them but on the likely chance they dont, thats why i put those there.

DCX said:
Week 12 Atlanta Falcons vs CHICAGO BEARS [-enter-] Mrbob2k6
Week 15 Cleveland Browns at Tennessee Titans [-enter-] GQman2121
Week 16 Atlanta Falcons vs ARIZONA CARDINALS [-enter-] The Natural
Week 16 Cleveland Browns vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS [-enter-] Cloudy

I'll be willing to play all night!! Let me know.

DCX
Available to play after the game.

DCX

DCX
Cloudy, Q, and Dskillz! You guys need to play me, it determines playoff seeding. Skillz, i have been trying for weeks to get at you man. Q, i send you messages all the time and nothing, and Konex...come on, Kobe doesn't own you, you can let go for an hour or two.

DCX

Season is mercifully over now as LJ and his Bills just dominated my lines on both sides of the ball to win 28-17.

Time for the real deal with playoff contention. I don't care where I have to play, I'm just ready to go already!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bah get the fuck out of here. i battle this whole time to get into the 5 spot so i DONT have to play you and then you go and lose and put DM (for now) into the #1 spot.

I demand DM/MWS lose games to fix this. NOW

Can one of our fine commissioners please explain the schedule for the playoffs? LD is expired in about 10 days so we probably should have started around 4 days ago.

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
Can one of our fine commissioners please explain the schedule for the playoffs? LD is expired in about 10 days so we probably should have started around 4 days ago.
The playoffs will be handled on here since we don't need anything more than a bracket. Guys who lost last year didn't bother inputting stats, anyway. :\

CB: you don't play him first since he has a bye. You play MWS.

MrBob: play your games! >:| All you need is two wins
Or 4 losses
!

Top Bottom