• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
someone had their 3rd down attempts and completions reversed. Gave him 150% 3rd down completions.

I still move my cone around with the stick. Maybe I should try to learn to snap to recievers, but I still think I'm doing alright with the stick. But Hassleback doesn't have too bad of a vision cone anyway.

Fifty

Now that the week has advanced, the league's main page is getting more exciting. Stay tuned and keep refreshing it throughout the day :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AFC special teams player of the week

photo9.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think Coldblooded should lay down an icon bet with those remarks. It's only right.

Ram: why don't you just play with the default and get used to it? I know you'll suck for a while like that but I'm also pretty sure that you'll get it eventually and find that it's actually pretty sweet.
I mean, everyone here knows how good you are at video games, I really find it hard to believe that you wont get good at this new control scheme.

Word Up!!! Rod Coleman gets his first ever award. Way to go Rod!

hgplayer1

who is New England this week? Im getting ready to go have lunch and then Ill be free most of the afternoon. tonight I want to try to watch the Texans and Cowboys game but should be able to play after its over.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ Tet,when would you like to play our week 2 game?

Lonestar

I could play as New England if you want. But what is the rules on using New England? And Where does Shadow live? And Ror lost, and got a win! WOOOOO

JayFro

Banned
KingV,

When can you play our game? I'll be available most of the day and probably until 8pm or so tonight central time. Let me know if we can get the game in. Thanks.

JayFro

JayFro

Banned
Anyone available in the next few hours for a practice game? I need more practice and playing most of the tards online using squib kicks gets a bit annoying.

JayFro

JayFro

Banned
Lonestar said:
I could play ya if you want, unless Newsguy gets on in the next little bit.

If he doesn't reply in the next 5 minutes or so and you want to play one I'll be on in a few. I want to try some new things on offense and defense, I need to get better at this game! :)

JayFro

newsguy

Lonestar said:
I can play anytime this weekend. Is your power up yet?

Well, I'm at work tonight with the XBOX, but the big wigs are here. Word is though, that I'll have power by the time I get home tonight, so if I can't play from work then we can play tomorrow if you want.

Lonestar

Ok, I'm going to game with Jay, just send me an AIM message when or if you can play today. If not, tomorrow is also good.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Rorsch, konex says he can play tonight.
Is he still banned? :|
Tell him to get on AIM or turn off the "only people on my list" option.

Or IM hawakubo.

I can play tonight, but not too late.

[edit] Replied to his thread @ Leaguedaddy...

Lonestar said:
someone had their 3rd down attempts and completions reversed. Gave him 150% 3rd down completions.

I still move my cone around with the stick. Maybe I should try to learn to snap to recievers, but I still think I'm doing alright with the stick. But Hassleback doesn't have too bad of a vision cone anyway.
I also use the stick with my small cone QB. It's not too bad once you get used to it.

Matrix

I can play tomorrow night or Monday night anytime past 8 pm eastern time.I work at home so time isnt that big a deal for me aslong as I know in advance if there is a specific time you want to play.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
The only gripe I have with the vision cone is that when I hold the R trigger and then i try to pass and green pump fakes... I do that about 6 times a game...

newsguy

Malleymal said:
The only gripe I have with the vision cone is that when I hold the R trigger and then i try to pass and green pump fakes... I do that about 6 times a game...

Keep the trigger held down, he still throws it but you don't have to worry about a pump fake.

Oh, and Gunstar. If you want to play tonight the game needs to be started by 7:30pm mst at the latest. I have somewhere to be at 9:00pm. If not I am free all day Sunday.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Cerebral Palsy said:
Oh, and Gunstar. If you want to play tonight the game needs to be started by 7:30pm mst at the latest. I have somewhere to be at 9:00pm. If not I am free all day Sunday.

Sunday works for me.

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
so does the "import game stats" function work? I noticed Wellies and DJs game had the game stats imported.

hg, you up for a game? I need to face the defensive master.

I was also wondering how the import stats thing worked? Do you have to pay for that to be delivered to email?

Fifty

Just go to "my madden' settings and you'll be able to give your email address it's sent to. Not sure how well it works as far as importing game stats though.

DCX

DCX
MrBob, let me know when is a good time to play our week 2 game. Might be to late for you tonight but i'm game, tomorrow all day until 1:30pm is good, and after 11:20pm i'm good...let me know.

DCX

JayFro

Banned
Fifty said:
Just go to "my madden' settings and you'll be able to give your email address it's sent to. Not sure how well it works as far as importing game stats though.

Thanks for the help, I just switched it over so I won't have to write this stuff down! Later.

JayFro

hgplayer1

defensive master? :lol

I think I might jump on Halo in a few I dont think Im in a Madden frame of mind at the moment.

Ive attempted to import stats from the email but it didnt come out so well. I thought I remember reading where someone said the correct team has to do it or the stats come out backwards.

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
defensive master? :lol

I think I might jump on Halo in a few I dont think Im in a Madden frame of mind at the moment.

Ive attempted to import stats from the email but it didnt come out so well. I thought I remember reading where someone said the correct team has to do it or the stats come out backwards.

Let me rephrase that, defensive master against me at least. I can't move the ball on ya, and everyone around here knows how much of a Madden guru I am. :lol

Anyone up for a practice game? I try to avoid playing the online squib kickers as much as possible.

DCX

DCX
Ugh...i did ok, i could have lost by like 50. I just could score, i just needed a score or two. I kept getting burned on the same plays :lol Sad state of affairs for The Bills this season :p GG Bob.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think all the issues have been hammered out. It works pretty well, I've done it flawlessly for my past 3 games. The first pre-season game was the only time I had problems.

ramirez big ben looks like complete dog shit in the preseason in real life so far. perhaps your performance/his rating is the most realistic thing about our league so far :D

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ramirez big ben looks like complete dog shit in the preseason in real life so far. perhaps your performance/his rating is the most realistic thing about our league so far :D

Woooo hahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Andokuky

Banned
Oh my god..

I kicked my roommate out this weekend because he is a bum and I was tired of supporting him. He's been out of college for awhile and never really moved on. So yesterday he moves back home to Florida and takes my fucking *NEW* Xbox with him. He leaves Madden and my PS2 but takes the Xbox, my good controller and my headset. I'll try to get another one tonight but fuck I just bought one, I don't knwo if I can drop another $150.

Matrix

wtf hunt him down and eat his brains

Drey1082

Andokuky said:
Oh my god..

I kicked my roommate out this weekend because he is a bum and I was tired of supporting him. He's been out of college for awhile and never really moved on. So yesterday he moves back home to Florida and takes my fucking *NEW* Xbox with him. He leaves Madden and my PS2 but takes the Xbox, my good controller and my headset. I'll try to get another one tonight but fuck I just bought one, I don't knwo if I can drop another $150.

I guess that puts our game on hold.....

Andokuky

Banned
He left my Xbox Madden. He took my Links 2004 though :lol

I might trade my PS2 in and you're right, Madden blows bad on PS2. I think it controls and even looks better on PS2 but shit, simming through franchise modes takes forever. Idk, I think I'll have one tonight either way.

Andokuky

Banned
I would hunt him down but he's probably halfway to Florida by now. I'm content with him being gone. Gas to Florida would probably buy me a 360, let alone a new Xbox.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Cerebral Palsy said:

It is Sunday CP, I haven't seen you around yet.

Ramirez

Icedragon,I'll possibly be around tonight to play if ya want to,I added you to my AIM list,but it was mobile,so I dunno if that's the only AIM you have or what =\

Top Bottom