• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slo

Yeah, I'm not fond of having to go back and forth between game stats and ind. stats in order to fill out the front page. It's not all that big of a deal though. The most tedious part of recording stats is the defensive part. There's usually a dozen or so players that make tackles or have a batted ball or something. :)

I think 5 minute quarters are good enough IMO. In Week 1 I have 57 plays, and I also threw 3 picks. Could have easily had 10 or so more if it wasn't for it. For the teams with a low number of plays ran, I would look at their time of possession and turnover ratio. Plus I'm happy with how the stats have turned out with 5 min quarters.

Btw, do we have room to add anymore stats? Time of possession would be nice.

Fifty

Slo said:
The most tedious part of recording stats is the defensive part. There's usually a dozen or so players that make tackles or have a batted ball or something. :)

If an offensive player makes a tackle you don't NEED to record something that minor, at least I don't think so. I'll let FMT correct me if he insists on it.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is what i tried to do hg. if you give me some examples of stat categories and their order i can and will fix them

I told Fifty I was going to do this the other day, but totally forgot due to having to register for classes and shit. I'll turn on Madden in a second and see if I can at least get the Game Stats in more logical order.

Fifty said:
If an offensive player makes a tackle you don't NEED to record something that minor, at least I don't think so. I'll let FMT correct me if he insists on it.

I haven't been recording tackles with offensive players. I had 3 offensive players with tackles last game due to my awesome int throwing skills. Pointless if you ask me.

Fifty

Yeah it's a waste of time. If you see a guy got one tackle and he's not a regular (please record all starters' stats) it won't kill the game.

i mentioned it earlier in the thread, but it probably got lost in the scrum.

my position on defensive stats is this:

record all major stats (sacks, ints, fums, td's), and then on top of that record your top 5 tacklers. i personally haven't been recording tackles by my offense or 4th stringers (from kickoffs). it's not necessary.

BUT! lets say for instance HGplayer plays his next game and dat ngyuen has 1 tackle, i would still record that because that is a major player on his defense that probably just had an off game

Ramirez

I tell ya what dudes,Im not sure how much more I can take of Ben's cone,it is complete garbage and his accuracy is ass,it's just not even fun -_-

Ramirez said:
I tell ya what dudes,Im not sure how much more I can take of Ben's cone,it is complete garbage and his accuracy is ass,it's just not even fun -_-

Others seem to be doing just fine with small QB vision cones...

Ramirez

Hmm,I don't recall speaking for others,I was speaking for myself -_- And I don't really care how well others are doing :lol

Not to mention I'm using the stick for the cone,factor in lag and it sucks even more,but if I changed it to the lock on controls I'd just be giving up 50 TDs a game due to the button changes,GG EA for letting me customize my controls. -_-

Rorschach

I was telling someone the other day how I got used to Collin's small cone. Brady's huge cone threw me off. It almost like not having one at all. I prefer the somewhere between the two.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG Ramirez. I couldnt do anything the First half on offence, and could bearly stop you on D.

Woot, leading rusher for Week 1. Fear LT!

Slo

I've gotten used to the cone, but I really hate precision passing. I like to move the pocket with Daunte, and it's now almost impossible to throw on the run. Roll to the right and throw the ball will result in Precision passing making the ball go 10 yards to the right of the receiver. -_-

You really have to stop, set, and throw.

Ramirez said:
Hmm,I don't recall speaking for others,I was speaking for myself -_- And I don't really care how well others are doing :lol

Not to mention I'm using the stick for the cone,factor in lag and it sucks even more,but if I changed it to the lock on controls I'd just be giving up 50 TDs a game due to the button changes,GG EA for letting me customize my controls. -_-

Dude, I told you not to gimp yourself by changing from the default controls at release. Wasn't there only two buttons that were swapped between this and the '05 controls? I picked up '06 and just started playing. I didn't even notice it at first until you brought it up. I'm going to put the blame on you on this one. If you took 5 minutes to get used to the minor default control changes you wouldn't have to use the right analog on every single passing play, but only when it would actually benefit you. And you know this going in. If you're so stubborn that you won't get used to two buttons being swapped, why didn't you take a team whos QB has a larger vision cone?

Slo said:
I've gotten used to the cone, but I really hate precision passing. I like to move the pocket with Daunte, and it's now almost impossible to throw on the run. Roll to the right and throw the ball will result in Precision passing making the ball go 10 yards to the right of the receiver. -_-

You really have to stop, set, and throw.

Yeah, it can cause some problems on the run, but I'd rather have it than not. Definitely stop, set, and throw. Shouldn't be a problem with Daunte. I played FMT and he took the Viks. I was blitzing like crazy. Viks oline seemed really good. FMT was running Daunte all over creating time. He had all day to stop and set for the pass. The only time precision passing has really affected me is when throwing off my back foot because the blitz is coming hard, and Warner is friggin' slow as hell. I was already used to precision passing from NFL 2Kx though, so.

Ramirez

CP,remove yourself from my nuts please :lol

I tried getting used to the controls in NCAA,I simply cannot and do not like the change,I've been playin Madden for all this time now,it's a huge change for me,one that I hate,like I said it would just turn into me giving up a million big plays due to hitting the wrong button,I don't play the game enough to get used to it.

I was making a simple comment,I didn't say please CP give me your expert opinion on the subject because I really don't care what you have to say to be honest. :lol

Ramirez said:
CP,remove yourself from my nuts please :lol

I tried getting used to the controls in NCAA,I simply cannot and do not like the change,I've been playin Madden for all this time now,it's a huge change for me,one that I hate,like I said it would just turn into me giving up a million big plays due to hitting the wrong button,I don't play the game enough to get used to it.

I was making a simple comment,I didn't say please CP give me your expert opinion on the subject because I really don't care what you have to say to be honest. :lol

:lol I was offering you simple advice on how to fix your problem. Not my fault you refuse to try out a simple change that takes 2 minutes to get used to. Don't whine about it on the forum and I won't comment then.

Edit: And the main reason I commented. You're whining and saying you don't know if you can take it anymore. We don't need anyone else flaking out this early in the season. Don't be ShadowRed or Bog Jr. please.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
". Don't be ShadowRed or Bog Jr. please"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh_snap.jpg

Drey1082

Well, My bad luck with this league continues...

Mrbob and I are playign our game, I have a 8 point lead in the 4th quarter. Connection dies, both of us get disconnected. I check my connection, it's fine, I im mrbob, he's able to reply.

Seems like the EA servers went down again.

Just wow.

just a quick note. i saw people complaining about a bug in the game where muffed punts couldn't be advanced if you recovered it. well, apparently that is an nfl rule because in the 49ers vs titans preseason game, pacman muffed a punt which we recovered and returned for a TD, but the refs called it back and gave us possession at the recovery spot stating that a muffed punt cannot be advanced. i guess EA knows its business...

p.s. 1 week, over/under on ramirez quitting the league :D

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
is there anyway to reformat the stats layout on the site to match exactly the way they appear in the game as you view them? I think thats one thing that would make it a little easier.

I agree, I don't really care much about the stats. I think that's why my stat tracking wasn't the best in some of the categories, other stats I find to be just pointless but I'll fill them out if need be. It would be easier if the stat sheet matched up with the screen that appears after the game is over.

JayFro

the stats are one of the most interesting parts of the league. you get to see who is doing what, what they are good against, what they aren't good against, the story of the game and season is all right there for you. i guess you could just call me a stat guy, but i think "just playing games" is pointless. if you were just going to play the games with no stats or any of the extra fluff we have in the league, why bother have a league at all? why not just play a series or meaningless tournaments or exhibitions with no buildup or little sub-plots within each game/season?

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the stats are one of the most interesting parts of the league. you get to see who is doing what, what they are good against, what they aren't good against, the story of the game and season is all right there for you. i guess you could just call me a stat guy, but i think "just playing games" is pointless. if you were just going to play the games with no stats or any of the extra fluff we have in the league, why bother have a league at all? why not just play a series or meaningless tournaments or exhibitions with no buildup or little sub-plots within each game/season?

Yup, like you could find out about me that you can throw how ever many people you want at me and im still going to burn you on the run :)

CB3

Fifty said:
Well....you do have the best running back in the game... :lol :lol

Im sure thats part of it. But Im pretty sure the 4 200 yard rushing trophy's i have none of them are from the LT, or any elite back.

Fmt- HAH! ill have 100 rushing yards by halftime!

Edit: The only one i remember was i got one trophy from using the Vikings. And no not using Culpepper rushing every down.

JayFro

Banned
It's cool that everyone is interested in the stats and such, I'm just not that big on it. My complaint would be the lack of kick return average. Why take all the kick returns if you aren't going to take the average as well? Is that something that Leaguedaddy automatically does?

One question, how does it determine the power rankings? I'm 0-1 and ranked ahead of 5 guys with wins, not that I mind but I thought it was kinda funny because I'm about to go 0-16 in this league! :lol

Do you guys select pro bowl players based on the stats after the season is over? That would be cool.

Fifty

JayFro said:
One question, how does it determine the power rankings? I'm 0-1 and ranked ahead of 5 guys with wins, not that I mind but I thought it was kinda funny because I'm about to go 0-16 in this league! :lol

Do you guys select pro bowl players based on the stats after the season is over? That would be cool.

1.) as I said on the league's front page (" 50: Power Rankings will be finalized after week 1 games have been completed. They will be updated at the start of every new "week") the power rankings that you can see now aren't the official ones. Soon, maybe even tomorrow, the first real ones will be up and they'll be shown on the league's main page. From then on out they'll change as the weeks advance

2.) We had plenty of awards last year, and that was with shitty team stats and nothing else....this year we'll be sure to have tons of individual and team awards (Kevin Johnson Trophy for most drops in a season will be handed out by yours truly). Much better than a mere pro bowl selection :D

JayFro

Banned
Fifty said:
1.) as I said on the league's front page (" 50: Power Rankings will be finalized after week 1 games have been completed. They will be updated at the start of every new "week") the power rankings that you can see now aren't the official ones. Soon, probably tomorrow, the first real ones will be up and they'll be shown on the league's main page. From then on out they'll change as the weeks advance

2.) We had plenty of awards last year, and that was with shitty team stats and nothing else....this year we'll be sure to have tons of individual and team awards. Much better than a mere pro bowl selection :D

If I'm going 0-16 my kicker better at least make the damn pro bowl!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow!! Week one is already done. That's awesome. When do you think you guys will advance to week 2?

DM: even if the league is advanced I wont be able to play until Monday. I have a TON of family coming over this weekend and staying till Monday. 8 more adults and 9 more kids are gonna be in my house. I'm scared. Can I come stay at some GAFer's house?? Please??

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Comin from the guy who was whining about Fifty's playstyle and threatening to quit :lol

That's golden CP.

Oh diggity double....

oh_snap.jpg
oh_snap.jpg

Matrix

Whats even better than that picture,a early bitch fight in season one :D It wouldnt be a Madden season without one.

Ramirez

It's funny though,I never complained about anyone's playstyle or said I was gonna quit,I entered my stats and vented because Ben's shitty-ness in this game frustrates me like no other.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
It's funny though,I never complained about anyone's playstyle or said I was gonna quit,I entered my stats and vented because Ben's shitty-ness in this game frustrates me like no other.

I think it was your line " Ive had enough" that set CP off,thinking you were going to just quit which then lead into you two having this fun talk.

Ive had enough of Carr's shitty ass arm this year and the Texans on and off D,but I'm going to keep it to myself this season.I'll make sure that when I bitch it will be about the person who beat me :p

newsguy

Ramirez said:

Just to back up what he said though, it really has everything to do with using the cone with the right stick. I was getting killed online cause I was using 05 controls and like you, didn't want to learn the entire new scheme. FMT played me and gave me advice, but when he heard I was using the right stick to move the cone, he highly recommended learning the new scheme. My online record went from 1-6 to 6-6 with wins over some really good players. Trust me, I'm slow and I hate to have to re-learn new schemes, but once you learn it your frustration will drop 150% dude, trust me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As a player that uses a QB that has a small cone, I have to say that snapping to the receiver is a must. I don't know how you even attempt to manually move the cone, Ramirez. :(

By the way, coldblooded, ramirez, can you fix your third down conversion stats?

Coldblooded: DON'T make that bet. He made the same bet to me and stopped me COLD. I think I had 37 rushing yards all game when I had been averaging about 150. (Madden 2005, playmaker blocking, bitches).

Top Bottom