• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.
lonestar, you forgot to record a few stats. one of your receivers has 3 receptions, but there is no yardage filled in. also the samething for one of your rb's

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ Tet,can you play tonight after 8 pm eastern? anytime would be good,if not,when can you play tomorrow?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lonestar, you forgot to record a few stats. one of your receivers has 3 receptions, but there is no yardage filled in. also the samething for one of your rb's

Fixed as best I could. Reciever's match Matt's 179 yards passing, and Strong's 1 carry was for 0.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar you also forgot to beat the phins,thanks a bunch :(

Ramirez

WTF is with EA's servers this year?Me and dragon play,30 secs left,the game is over and the shit crashes,fuckin bullshit man. -_-

Matrix

Ramirez said:
WTF is with EA's servers this year?Me and dragon play,30 secs left,the game is over and the shit crashes,fuckin bullshit man. -_-

I played him and our game crashed,I havent had that happen against anyone else.

Andokuky

Banned
Ok nevermind, no new Xbox until next Thursday so I'm out I guess. Sorry, but it was beyond my control. I just cannot justify $300 in one week for 2 Xbox consoles and if I trade my brand new PS2 I only get $60 credit. Fuck that.

JayFro

Banned
Andokuky said:
Ok nevermind, no new Xbox until next Thursday so I'm out I guess. Sorry, but it was beyond my control. I just cannot justify $300 in one week for 2 Xbox consoles and if I trade my brand new PS2 I only get $60 credit. Fuck that.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebay...........

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
ando is going to need someone to play his game i guess... its sad, but it has to be done..
edit , I would never put my hand on the broncos, so thats that

Fifty

It's really a shame the servers are shaky this year. They're as lagless as ever, which is great, but we can't count on them anymore to stay up during a game. We're busting our balls manually doing the league but they won't help us out at all! :(

edit: Then again, I have played about 100 games and I've only been disconnected twice, so I am going a bit over the top here.

newsguy

Matrix said:
Lonestar you also forgot to beat the phins,thanks a bunch :(

Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest fooball team
They run the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen!
They're in the air they're on the ground they're always in control
and when you say Miami, you're talking super bowl!
Cause we're the... Miami Dolphins...Miami Dolphins... Miami Dolphins #1

Matrix

newsguy said:
Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest fooball team
They run the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen!
They're in the air they're on the ground they're always in control
and when you say Miami, you're talking super bowl!
Cause we're the... Miami Dolphins...Miami Dolphins... Miami Dolphins #1

Kris Brown doesnt think the Dolphins are # 1
img6622904.jpg

JayFro

Banned
Fifty said:
It's really a shame the servers are shaky this year. They're as lagless as ever, which is great, but we can't count on them anymore to stay up during a game. We're busting our balls manually doing the league but they won't help us out at all! :(

edit: Then again, I have played about 100 games and I've only been disconnected twice, so I am going a bit over the top here.

"EA servers cannot connect at this time, please try again later"

arggghhhhh!

newsguy

Lonestar said:
well, I don't even want to talk about that game, for various reasons.

Hopefully not on my end. I thought you would kick it for sure. I was upset that you waited for me to bring out the FG team before you picked the play though cause I couldn't call timeout.

Slo

Hey guys, I know everybody's lives are busy and all that, so I won't bore you with details of my schedule. Long story short, I'm a feeble old man (26) with a family and a mortgage. A game every 3 days works pretty well for me, and I have a great time in the leagues. But if this turns into a league that advances every 24-48 hours and people are in a big hurry to play their games as soon as the league advances, I'll probably have to bow out after this season. :)

I'm not threatening to quit the league or givinig an ultimatum or anything. My schedule is my own problem and nobody else's, I just don't want to be a speedbump for all you high flyin' Wipper Snappers. I'll just kindly step out of the way and let you guys have your fun.

Damn you kids and your rock and roll music!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Xbox Live is up and running.

Users may experience problems logging into some EA titles. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

I repeat
Ea Servers = Garbage

slo, the league advances every 4 days, not every 3 days. who is complaining about the time limit or anyone holding them back? all i said is that if we get it done beforehand, then great. but dont feel pressured to get a game in within 24 hours just because everyone else is done. people who are that anxious can play a week ahead and write their stats down, then report them when i unlock the week. it's that simple!

Slo

No one is complaining, just wanted to make sure everyone is aware of my situation. The league advanced early this time.

i think in september everyone is going to be greatful about the 4 day deadline. most of us will be pretty busy (i go to school full time and have a full time job as well...), so don't feel bad about anything.

Matrix

DJ Tet,do you want to try to play tomorrow? I dont trust EA's servers tonight.

Tomorrow I'm free before 2 pm eastern and also free after 8 pm eastern time anytime.

newsguy

Slo said:
Hey guys, I know everybody's lives are busy and all that, so I won't bore you with details of my schedule. Long story short, I'm a feeble old man (26) with a family and a mortgage. A game every 3 days works pretty well for me, and I have a great time in the leagues. But if this turns into a league that advances every 24-48 hours and people are in a big hurry to play their games as soon as the league advances, I'll probably have to bow out after this season.

I'm not threatening to quit the league or givinig an ultimatum or anything. My schedule is my own problem and nobody else's, I just don't want to be a speedbump for all you high flyin' Wipper Snappers. I'll just kindly step out of the way and let you guys have your fun.

Damn you kids and your rock and roll music!

No sweat man, I'm in your exact same shoes (except I'm a year younger :D). I actually like to get my game in ASAP for the same reasons, cause I know if I wait till the last couple of days I wil have to work OT or something totally out of the ordinary will prevent me from playing.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Matrix said:
DJ Tet,do you want to try to play tomorrow? I dont trust EA's servers tonight.

Tomorrow I'm free before 2 pm eastern and also free after 8 pm eastern time anytime.

Matrix, I was thinking the same thing. We'll play tomorrow after 8 eastern.

Matrix

DJ_Tet said:
Matrix, I was thinking the same thing. We'll play tomorrow after 8 eastern.

Ok cool.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DM: when can you play tomorrow? Tomorrow will work for me depending on time. Tuesday should be a lock though. I can't see anything keeping me from Madden at all.
(wife is going out of town Tuesday afternoon :D Sucks that I leave for a business trip Wednesday though. )

Fifty

The punt return stats aren't done the way they are laid out in the game (blame FMT!) so he probably did his yards as TDs.

Drey1082

Andokuky said:
Might be getting one tomorrow, I'll post tomorrow evening and give the word.

just send me an IM. I should be around tonight.

Oh, and I hope we don't have any players from New Orleans.......

Slo

Drey, listen carefully. You need to beat the damned dirty Broncos. It's what you were put on this Earth to do. Dig deep buddy, people are counting on you. The soaking wet SuperDome refugees are counting on you Drey. And so are we. We all are, Drey. We all are...

Drey1082

Slo said:
Drey, listen carefully. You need to beat the damned dirty Broncos. It's what you were put on this Earth to do. Dig deep buddy, people are counting on you. The soaking wet SuperDome refugees are counting on you Drey. And so are we. We all are, Drey. We all are...

Hey, I just lost to the bears... Don't expect much.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:

:lol :lol :lol! Way too early in the season for divisional posturing. :lol

Fifty

Drey1082 said:
The colts blow.

I'm afraid they don't! If you can't pass and run with them you should shoot yourself, because it'll only be harder with other teams. Yes their D is average, but you can outscore him! Remember the Colts game against the Broncos last year? Emulate that and win! Middlebrooks is your bitch...(if he's still on the broncos)

Andokuky

Banned
Yea I'm getting one after work today, I get off in about 3 hours so I'll look for you on AIM in 4 hours or so. Or if you wanna post and setup a time, cool.

And don't worry about what team you have. You could have the Browns, you'd still win. I suck shit through a straw in this game.

Drey1082

Cerebral Palsy said:
The Colts are cursed. All were warned.

I was warned, and what has happened so far, let us review....

Play konex in preseason, I'm winning in fourth quarter,and my internet connection goes down for half an hour. My connection has never gone down before this, ever.

Connection goes back up, we play again, I am again winning in the fourth quarter, he gets a dirty disk error.... well, looks like that preseason game isn't happening.

Instance 2....

First game of the season, I play mrbob. I'm up in the fourth quarter by 8.

EA servers go down.

We have a rematch later that night. I lose 30something to 13.

Instance 3...

2nd game is against ando, and his Xbox is FUCKING STOLEN....

Colts are cursed, it has been proven.

Top Bottom