• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrbob

Drey1082 said:
Hey, I just lost to the bears... Don't expect much.

Booker_T.jpg

You didn't say that. Tell me, you did not just say that!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Drey1082 said:
First game of the season, I play mrbob. I'm up in the fourth quarter by 8.

EA servers go down.

We have a rematch later that night. I lose 30something to 13.

Damn, at least when our game dropped I gave you the TD right away. That's fucked up Bob!

Mrbob

He forgets to mention I was about to tie the game when the connection went out. :p I was down to his 15 yard line first down with like 2:30 left. I would have scored I know it with a two point conversion coming so the game was as good as tied! :D I just continued my domination into the replayed game.

Hehe, Malley been busting my chops on AIM and now here. I'll just play the game and we'll see where the chips fall. :D

Drey1082

Mrbob said:
I would have scored I know it with a two point conversion coming so the game was as good as tied!

Where's the roll eyes smiley.

Anyway, i'm going to take my frustration out on ando during our game. THE CURSE ENDS TONIGHT!

KingV

Jayfro, it is 3... where are youuuuuu? The EA trax in the background is killing me inside. I sent you a friend request, it's King Vitaman btw

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ Tet,if you're around now and want to play earlier than 8 let me know,I'm free earlier than I thought.

If not,Ill post here at 8 pm to see if you're ready.

Andokuky

Banned
Ok I got one, having a bit of trouble porting over my Live info though. I have the account renewed through the end of December 05, but I did it on a bank card and I closed that account back in Febuary and cut up my card. So I have no idea with the card # is. Anyone know a way around this?

My brother is in the process of getting the info from his account so we can use his in the meantime so tonight I should be good to go.

Drey1082

Andokuky said:
Ok I got one, having a bit of trouble porting over my Live info though. I have the account renewed through the end of December 05, but I did it on a bank card and I closed that account back in Febuary and cut up my card. So I have no idea with the card # is. Anyone know a way around this?

My brother is in the process of getting the info from his account so we can use his in the meantime so tonight I should be good to go.

just keep me informed

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ,its 8:15 and I dont see you logged in on GA or live,Im going to get a bite to eat and I'll be back by 8:45 or 9 pm eastern time.

I would really like to get this game done tonight if we can,Tuesday my schedule is up in the air at nite and Wednesday I totally cant play cause I have to get a root canal done early morning and I'm going to be so out of it between that and work.

I'll be back soon.

Rorschach

KingV said:
Jayfro, it is 3... where are youuuuuu? The EA trax in the background is killing me inside. I sent you a friend request, it's King Vitaman btw
:lol I ended up turning them all off for the same reason.

JayFro

Banned
KingV said:

Custom soundtracks are my friend :)

Sorry about being late, I jacked up my box and it said I couldn't connect to Xbox Live. So in that moment of panic I thought my Xbox Live account was banned for certain reasons. Well, I jacked it back on and somehow my IP address was configured to manual or something. I changed it back to automatic and low and behold it worked again. So that was the reason for my 5-7 minute lateness. My apologies, and good game btw. I was pretty worried after the first quarter.

JayFro

JayFro

Banned
Andokuky said:

Same thing happened to me, call the old credit card company. If they don't help you call Xbox Live customer service and see if they can help you.

JayFro

KingV

JayFro said:
Custom soundtracks are my friend :)

Sorry about being late, I jacked up my box and it said I couldn't connect to Xbox Live. So in that moment of panic I thought my Xbox Live account was banned for certain reasons. Well, I jacked it back on and somehow my IP address was configured to manual or something. I changed it back to automatic and low and behold it worked again. So that was the reason for my 5-7 minute lateness. My apologies, and good game btw. I was pretty worried after the first quarter.

JayFro

Yes, like most of the games, the first quarter is my best. I got lucky with that fumble though.

Matrix

DJ,I sent you a friend request and I saw that you were online and now you are off :\ ...you ready to beat me?

Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons
New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers
Green Bay Packers at San Diego Chargers
Carolina Panthers at Houston Texans

-----

coldblooded and azyuma i haven't seen you guys post to each other in this thread. is your game scheduled?

ramirez/icedragon did you guys reschedule a time?

everyone else has apparently gotten together on a time to play

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons
New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers
Green Bay Packers at San Diego Chargers
Carolina Panthers at Houston Texans

-----

coldblooded and azyuma i haven't seen you guys post to each other in this thread. is your game scheduled?

ramirez/icedragon did you guys reschedule a time?

everyone else has apparently gotten together on a time to play

We've been talking through AIM. Most likely we'll play today

JayFro

Banned
KingV said:
Yes, like most of the games, the first quarter is my best. I got lucky with that fumble though.

It was tough to watch Palmer cough that one up, but I had a similar thing happen last week where I was up by two scores in the first quarter and didn't do a darn thing after that. We get a rematch in 4 weeks in the dome so that should be fun. Later.

JayFro

JayFro

Banned
My goal this season was to get one win, mission accomplished. My new goal as a hardcore madden newb is to win 5 games and send one player to the pro bowl. I owe my new found understanding of this game to Lonestar, he helped me out quite a bit the other day in our practice games. If not for him I would still have pretty much no strategy when it comes to Madden.

I used the import stats feature at Leaguedaddy and it didn't work, not a big deal because I don't think that would save me but a minute or two anyway. Just wanted to know if anyone received an error message while trying to report stats?

JayFro

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Azyuma, I can play Wednesday night.

Jayfro if you want a practice game sometime tomorrow I would love to own... er show you a few things.

Andokuky

Banned
What happens if the game goes past one OT with a tie score?

Last seconds of the first OT, I run the clock out on fourth down thinking the game would end. It doesn't, I punt the ball away and he breaks a 43 yard TD run with James to "win". Do we do ties or what?

Mrbob

Andokuky said:
What happens if the game goes past one OT with a tie score?

Last seconds of the first OT, I run the clock out on fourth down thinking the game would end. It doesn't, I punt the ball away and he breaks a 43 yard TD run with James to "win". Do we do ties or what?

I'd say tie.

Wait, the score was in regulation? Hmm that sounds wierd.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
In the official EA leagues last year, I think in Season 2, DSkillz and I played a triple overtime game and the in-game league software allowed it. I say it went into double OT.

Drey1082

Mrbob said:
I'd say tie.

Wait, the score was in regulation? Hmm that sounds wierd.

you would say tie, since you're in my divison.

The site lets me pick the number of overtimes, so I can enter two.. It is true that regular season NFL games wouldn't go into another overtime... Dilemma!

Andokuky

Banned
I didn't bother much to tackle James on his 43 yard run, thinking the game was over and a winning TD was better than a drop. I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway in a non-ranked game. Oh well.

Drey1082

Andokuky said:
I didn't bother much to tackle James on his 43 yard run, thinking the game was over and a winning TD was better than a drop. I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway in a non-ranked game. Oh well.

Wait, WTF.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Azyuma, you have the mobile icon next to your name so im guessing your not home. Let me know if you can still play tonight

Fifty

Drey Drey he's OK! The competition is tight in our division...If only the once-great Ramirez cared as much about Madden this year as he does about WoW, we'd have the most intensest division, like, ever! Plus Drey recorded all of King V's stats (sorry if it timed out V)...I nominate Drey for player of the week! 100% class

JayFro

Banned
Wellington said:
Azyuma, I can play Wednesday night.

Jayfro if you want a practice game sometime tomorrow I would love to own... er show you a few things.

Welly,

Tomorrow is tough, gotta work til late and after work eat, workout blah blah. I could play one tomorrow night around 9pm (central time) or..... Wednesday I have off, so I can play day or night. Let me know if you want to tune me up! :)

JayFro

Slo

Fifty said:
Drey Drey he's OK! The competition is tight in our division...If only the once-great Ramirez cared as much about Madden this year as he does about WoW, we'd have the most intensest division, like, ever! Plus Drey recorded all of King V's stats (sorry if it timed out V)...I nominate Drey for player of the week! 100% class

Here here!

Matrix

Wellington said:
:lol Was reading through the Season 2 topic last year, this was a blast from the past:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=801536&postcount=490

I love ya, Matrix!

:lol Oh Noes! :lol

Edit- GG DJ...I was looking over the stats,man 4 drops by me hurt big time,while you were pulling down catches over double teams,ugh :(

I also should have had that 51 yard fg for the lead,I usually dont miss them without wind,I felt the pressure.

DJ_Tet

Banned
That was a good game Matrix. I thought you had that FG even though it was long. I can tell we are similar players who thrive on running/defense and good special teams, didn't expect to see you miss it. I think watching you take one with the close camera helped me on mine, that camera usually messes me up.

I was somewhat happy that Freddie Jones got hurt, he had some huge drops in the first half and then in the second half he fumbled it out of bounds, he was a ticking time bomb. On top of the huge drop your D couldn't pull in an INT. I thought you had one or two easily.

I didn't realize there was no challenge online. I would have challenged that Rod Gardner catch, although it probably wouldn't have been overturned.

JayFro

Banned
Mrbob said:
Booker_T.jpg

You didn't say that. Tell me, you did not just say that!!!

Mr. Bob is the passing guru of the league right now 133.4 QB rating, 560 yards, 5 TD's, and only 1 INT. So right now 2 of the top 3 rated passers in the league live only like 40 minutes from eachother. That just shows how fucking cold Wisconsin is, a little too much free time. :)

Drey1082

JayFro said:
Mr. Bob is the passing guru of the league right now 133.4 QB rating, 560 yards, 5 TD's, and only 1 INT. So right now 2 of the top 3 rated passers in the league live only like 40 minutes from eachother. That just shows how fucking cold Wisconsin is, a little too much free time. :)

We'll see how he does with Mr. Orton.

hgplayer1

so there I was in practice mode running some plays since I hadnt played Madden in days and needed to get a feel for it again before the new weeks starts and I have to play the deadskins. its no secret that my offensive lineman are idiots but now we have undisputable proof. I submit to you exhibit A. crappy quality due to being shot with vid function of photo cam.

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QSUG4HHHBTB21Z5B9F987R2LM

its a mis direction play that gave me a wide open left side of the field and as im going around the outside of the left tackle he pushes the guy hes blocking right into my feet knocking me down. Julius Jownsed

Mrbob

Drey1082 said:
We'll see how he does with Mr. Orton.

Not until EA gives Orton the overall 100 rating he deserves!

You want a little more smack talk? I beat FMT 34-7 in a ranked game with CHAD HUTCHINSON AT QB. WOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA! :D

Top Bottom