• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This game makes me so mad. I get no breaks at all.

I have 3 attempts at 3rd and inches and not only can I not pound one through to get a first down I lose yards on every attempt. I watch Matrix's players skyrocket through the air to catch heavily defended passes time and time again. Heck I even batted one into his hands. His TE was about 3-5 yards away from the ball and my SS jumps up to deflect/intercept the pass and it bounces off his hands right into the waiting TE (that is in the air no less. Real sim like. Happens all the time).
In the 4th quarter Vick, Deangelo Hall and Brady Smith my DE all get hurt. ALL OF THEM. How does Vick get knocked out of every freakin game?? I sack Favre 7 times and he stays in the game. I get sacked 3 times and Vick is gone. I lose him every second game it seems.

I have no luck. I can't forsee another win this season at all. At least I'll get to play as the Falcons next season.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Welle, get ready my friend. These past two losses are driving me to own you then next game. I might actually be able to Pass against the G-men's Defence. And even if i cant you'll be seeing a WHOLE lotta LT!

Fifty

Truelize said:
I sack Favre 7 times and he stays in the game. I get sacked 3 times and Vick is gone. I lose him every second game it seems.

_49650_sb_favre1.jpg

Slo

Coldblooded33: You too, GG. That pick was great to watch, but I'm such a bonehead for throwing it. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
This game makes me so mad. I get no breaks at all.

I have 3 attempts at 3rd and inches and not only can I not pound one through to get a first down I lose yards on every attempt. I watch Matrix's players skyrocket through the air to catch heavily defended passes time and time again. Heck I even batted one into his hands. His TE was about 3-5 yards away from the ball and my SS jumps up to deflect/intercept the pass and it bounces off his hands right into the waiting TE (that is in the air no less. Real sim like. Happens all the time).
In the 4th quarter Vick, Deangelo Hall and Brady Smith my DE all get hurt. ALL OF THEM. How does Vick get knocked out of every freakin game?? I sack Favre 7 times and he stays in the game. I get sacked 3 times and Vick is gone. I lose him every second game it seems.

I have no luck. I can't forsee another win this season at all. At least I'll get to play as the Falcons next season.

Id say GG,but I'm not sure you would except it.You had bad breaks,we all do,I had horrible breaks against DJ Tet,but you just get used to it and move on to your next game.I will admit it sucks you keep losing Vick,that reminds me of Fifty last year losing Manning a ton when he played with the Colts.

One thing that sorta ticked me off,but in the long run I dont care cause its just a game in a long season,you said on aim I jetpacked 4 times in a row with my TE....I had a total of two passes caught with my TE the whole game and you knocked him out of the game in the 3rd I believe,Im not sure what you were seeing or saw.

Still Gg and could have turned out different if Vick didnt get hurt or if you had made one or two of those 3rd and inchs.Like ive said earlier in this thread,sometimes my D is on like crazy and sometimes its just pathetic,like it was against DJ tet,giving up double team TD's and dropping sure fire ints.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Your mission CK, if you choose to accept it, is STOP LT.

:lol :lol :lol

Coldblooded33: You too, GG. That pick was great to watch, but I'm such a bonehead for throwing it.

Ive learned throwing the ball near the goal line is almost never worth it

Edit: I think slo has come the closest to stopping LT. Besides 1 long run he had me pretty much stopped at 130 yards.

Also, looks like all games have been played.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Matrix said:
Id say GG,but I'm not sure you would except it.You had bad breaks,we all do,I had horrible breaks against DJ Tet,but you just get used to it and move on to your next game.I will admit it sucks you keep losing Vick,that reminds me of Fifty last year losing Manning a ton when he played with the Colts.

One thing that sorta ticked me off,but in the long run I dont care cause its just a game in a long season,you said on aim I jetpacked 4 times in a row with my TE....I had a total of two passes caught with my TE the whole game and you knocked him out of the game in the 3rd I believe,Im not sure what you were seeing or saw.

Still Gg and could have turned out different if Vick didnt get hurt or if you had made one or two of those 3rd and inchs.Like ive said earlier in this thread,sometimes my D is on like crazy and sometimes its just pathetic,like it was against DJ tet,giving up double team TD's and dropping sure fire ints.

Thanks for some credit ;)

jk lol

Slo

Lonestar said:
Your mission CK, if you choose to accept it, is STOP LT.

I had him! If it wasn't for that 1 78 yard run....

As TheDuce22 would say: "He was contained" to 129 yards and a 6.8 yard average. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ_Tet said:
Thanks for some credit ;)

jk lol

lol,I didnt mean you didnt deserve to win,just saying bad breaks happen to all of us.You played great in our game,you did win and I did lose,thats all that matters.

AZ Greg

Andokuky, let me know when you can play. I can play anytime tomm. Or during Friday afternoon. I'm gonna be gone for the holiday weekend so let me know.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
3-1 and I lost the one game by 2 points. What a soft start to the schedule :lol

I wish FMT/Fifty had given me a game against you,both of us put up amazing offensive numbers,it would have been a show!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

Yeah I know. If you see one jetpack sometimes the anger multiplies it by 10. Game just sucked for me. Period. Same as the game I just finished with FMT.
I gave up an INT and a fumble in the 1st quarter and was dead from there on out. Once again I have a game where my offensive stats are better than my oppenants and I get killed.
5 dropped passes. One to Crumpler when he was wide open in the middle on the field just standing there. Just plain ridiculous.
Truelize am cry.... a lot.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fifty said:
Players of the week are up. Power rankings will be updated soon.

Thanks for the Peppers props and the Game of the Week.

Cheers dude.

I'll have a writeup tomorrow, hope you enjoy it. I'll be stuck wishing I could write up our rematch ;)

Fifty

It was on for week 4.....FMT said that before it advanced and things sped up tonight. So people can use it this week and then we'll re-vote soon.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm still getting crushed by folks who blitz constantly so I dunno if it matters much but I'll test it in week 5 :eek:

Ramirez said:
I use the default because they do not run a 4-3 in real life,why would I want to use something that they do not use? hehe

Perhaps it isn't admirable,but I didn't find the playstyle that was being used on me to be admirable either,but whatever floats your boat :p And Bob,Im not overreacting or mad or anything,I just made the suggestion that I would love to continue,but I just don't care about stats,it's pointless to me and waste of time.

Lets see... You refuse to use a different playbook because the Steelers don't run 4-3 in real life? Wow, you're a real stickler for realism and being sim. So why won't you enter stats again? Are stats too unrealistic for you? The excuses never end with you. Somebody call Ramirez a Waaaaambulance!

Ramirez must be an impressionable youth belonging to the Steelers Kids Club. If Hines and Tommy Gun jumped off a cliff would you do it to?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How did am I still down in the power rankings, when I beat Ror, and Cold lost?

And is Cloudy playing without the Cone? When can I play without the cone? HOW?

Slo

Wait, what? Is that even possible? If so, I object to some people turning the cone off while others are forced to use it.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
How did am I still down in the power rankings, when I beat Ror, and Cold lost?

And is Cloudy playing without the Cone? When can I play without the cone? HOW?
IS he?? I didn't know that...no wonder he's doing well :p

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
Welle, get ready my friend. These past two losses are driving me to own you then next game. I might actually be able to Pass against the G-men's Defence. And even if i cant you'll be seeing a WHOLE lotta LT!

Malley didn't tell anyone, but he took me into the future too.

6940885_a93a7127ec.jpg

I didn't like what I saw about our game tonight Cold. :( LT had 20 carries for 300 yards and 3 TDs, Drew Brees went 13-15 with 2 TDs and 218 yards. :( Final score: 38-2. Chargers. The two points I got were from a safety. I punted for the 7th time in the game and you didn't want to embarass me anymore, so you just downed it at the 5. You then ran backwards with Brees through the endzone for the safety so that I wouldn't kill myself after such a devastating loss. :( GG. :(

My kicker Special Teams player of the week! :D I am LOVIN' the upgrade from my Kicker last year who could barely hit a 45 yard FG. I bet I could knock down a 60 yarder with wind behind me. :D

Matrix

Slo said:
Wait, what? Is that even possible? If so, I object to some people turning the cone off while others are forced to use it.

He better be playng with it on,Fmt said everyone must play with it on in season one.Shit if I could play with it off my passing game would be ten times better.If he even played one with it on,that game should be replayed.

Slo

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not quite the same!

Code:
1		#86 TE Heap, Todd(Baltimore Ravens)	18	545	30.3	3	185	1	80
2		#85 WR Lloyd, Brandon(SanFran Flamers)	18	235	13.1	2	63	4	41
3		#88 TE Clark, Desmond(Chicago Bears)	17	264	15.5	1	34	1	34
4		#44 TE Clark, Dallas(Indy Colts)	14	281	20.1	3	127	2	62
5		#80 TE Shockey, Jeremy(New York Giants)	13	181	13.9	4	61	1	44
6		#82 TE Johnson, Teyo(Oakland Raiders)	12	201	16.8	0	79	0	71

Ramirez

Thank's for showing how much of a douche you are once again CP *thumbs up*

The whambulance is prolly still at your place from the time you were crying about Fifty :|

Seriously dude,if I gave two shits about anything you had to say about the game I'd ask ya,I never do,so take a clue :lol

Matrix

Wellington said:
Just double team the TE and call it a day. It was MUCH worse last year.

Only TE that totally abuses me no matter what is Heap...I weep cause of Heap :(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
HAHAHA at those TE stats.... I got one of the best TE's in the game and he isnt up there... I need to catch up... JETPACKS UNITE!!!!

Matrix

FMT,what time do you want to crush me with the Steelers,the team that shouldnt have an owner as good as you! :(

Drey1082

Ramirez said:
TE abuse for the win!

What's the problem with the TE getting a lot of catches? He's open, i'm going to pass him the ball. With the colts everyone plays tight d on my WR. I really don't see the big deal.

Slo

Drey1082 said:
What's the problem with the TE getting a lot of catches? He's open, i'm going to pass him the ball. With the colts everyone plays tight d on my WR. I really don't see the big deal.

IMO, there's nothing really wrong with it. It's just not really the way NFL games are played. If anything it's a flaw in Madden's pass coverage that the TE is open so often. If the TE was open more often then the receivers in the real NFL, more teams would milk the TE (apart from the Chiefs).

Drey1082

Slo said:
IMO, there's nothing really wrong with it. It's just not really the way NFL games are played. If anything it's a flaw in Madden's pass coverage that the TE is open so often. If the TE was open more often then the receivers in the real NFL, more teams would milk the TE (apart from the Chiefs).

Exactly.. It's not cheese, because you can definitely play the defense differently to stop the TE. The reason it works is that everyone is so concerned about a long gain by the WR that they leave single coverage on the TE.

I think the main problem is that the LB's are such horrible defenders in this game.

Ramirez said:
Thank's for showing how much of a douche you are once again CP *thumbs up*

The whambulance is prolly still at your place from the time you were crying about Fifty :|

Seriously dude,if I gave two shits about anything you had to say about the game I'd ask ya,I never do,so take a clue :lol

It could be that I'm a douchebag, or that I just don't like flakes. Maybe both.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
And is Cloudy playing without the Cone?
Well, my game against him, he played without the cone. I used the cone. I was given the option to play without the cone for that game, but I'm pro-cone!

Rorschach

Slo said:
Could also be that people blitz an awful lot in Madden. :)
DING DING DING

I get blitzed all fucking day. Add to that the fact that Moss gets tripple coverage and my TE is wide open. It's not just the offense that is at fault. If you're gonna leave that side wide open, I'm throwing right away. Especially if I have 2 defenders in my face.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Well, my game against him, he played without the cone. I used the cone. I was given the option to play without the cone for that game, but I'm pro-cone!

WTF was this a league game? I havent looked if you two played eachother.The cone must be on at all times,Konex is in some serious doo doo if this is true.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
DING DING DING

I get blitzed all fucking day. Add to that the fact that Moss gets tripple coverage and my TE is wide open. It's not just the offense that is at fault. If you're gonna leave that side wide open, I'm throwing right away. Especially if I have 2 defenders in my face.

Not only that, but a lot of times it's the TE that finds the hole in the cover 2/3. Again, the TE's aren't nearly as ridiculous as they were last year, they are quite easy to stop if you want to. The only thing that should be a problem is the jetpacking.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
WTF was this a league game? I havent looked if you two played eachother.The cone must be on at all times,Konex is in some serious doo doo if this is true.
Yeah...surprisingly, I'm the only one that has beat him. :lol

I just saw he jumped to #1 of my division...I better win against the pats ><

Top Bottom