• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex did you atleast mention before each game against the 4 people you played that your cone would be off?

Konex its a videogame and this is a fair league where everyone should be on an even playing field,just like we all did in your crappy espn leagues.Dude play with the cone on and learn how to play this years Madden the right way.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Our division is scroowed. Ror's been 2 teams, one guy's out, Dskillz is in late, Konex is on MethaCone, HG's gonna kill somebody, King is playing the Cursed Saints, and I'm Lone. That's Spanish for "Whiny Bitch". I mean, WATUPWITDAT?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
This is by far the best league EVER!!!... seriously.. when people play Konex didnt they notice that he didnt have a cone???

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
This is by far the best league EVER!!!... seriously.. when people play Konex didnt they notice that he didnt have a cone???
For the record, I said I didn't care either way. And I was never complaining about it...was just answering Lone's question. I thought this was common knowledge. Didn't he post about it in the league message board?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
For the record, I said I didn't care either way. And I was never complaining about it...was just answering Lone's question. I thought this was common knowledge. Didn't he post about it in the league message board?

I'm not sure if he did,but not many people read it cause everyone posts here.I flat out asked fmt on aim if we could use the cone off and he said no,thats why im more irked about it,he never mentioned that he gave Konex the option to turn it off against people he played or that they could turn it off that game.Ive seen konex pass with the cone on and its not pretty,but its part of this league and I and some others had no clue he didnt have to worry about that part of the game.

Its also hard to keep up with konex cause hes always being banned :p

Andokuky

Banned
I agree, it should be cone all or no cone for all. I thought stats were uber important? Shit Plummer has a rating of like 40. I'd love to remove the cone, then I'd be able to burn all these blitzes I'm seeing. But I'd rather keep it on, because that makes the game more sim. I thought this was a sim league? I mean, you don't see the NFL allowing the 49ers to use steroids or something to let them actually compete.

Slo

Andokuky said:
I agree, it should be cone all or no cone for all. I thought stats were uber important? Shit Plummer has a rating of like 40. I'd love to remove the cone, then I'd be able to burn all these blitzes I'm seeing. But I'd rather keep it on, because that makes the game more sim. I thought this was a sim league? I mean, you don't see the NFL allowing the 49ers to use steroids or something to let them actually compete.

Oh shit, I think you just got yourself banned.

THE DIVISION IS MINE!

Matrix

Konex has 400 something passing yards with the cone off,I can only imagine what some of us madden passing vets would have with the cone off.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
ok lets resolve this... one week with the cone off for all games and lets see how that goes..... I would go into the future and report the votes, but we all know how this will turn out... half for it staying and half that dont want it off...

Slo

Malleymal said:
ok lets resolve this... one week with the cone off for all games and lets see how that goes..... I would go into the future and report the votes, but we all know how this will turn out... half for it staying and half that dont want it off...

That's not really for us to decide. Let's wait until FMT responds.

Matrix

At this point konex should just start playing with the cone on and we all move on,I think in the long run thats the best thing,but Konex wont go along with that.

Slo

Yeah, I don't think we should drop the cone, or retroactively do anything to the games that have already been played. My opinion is we should just keep everything moving, with or without Konex.

Malleymal said:
ok lets resolve this... one week with the cone off for all games and lets see how that goes.....

See how what goes? If you guys are suggesting we might decide to turn off the cone mid-season I will start to find a replacement owner for the Cards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ok lets resolve this... one week with the cone off for all games and lets see how that goes.....

There is no way I would favor even 1 week with the passing cone off. Fuck that noise. We might as well go back to Madden 2005.

Cloudy

Banned
LMAO @ the articles

But seriously, I've been banned for weeks and wasn't even able to view this thread. I assumed FMT would have let you all know

Everyone I play knows I don't use it (or so I thought) and if actually being competitive is an advantage then I guess I have one :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I will be out of the gym at 7 something eastern...we can go right after say 8 something est.. that work for you??

Fifty

This is FMT's mess to clean up! :lol Anyway, I'm sure it'll be resolved guys..Nice to see so many people taking part in the discussion and letting their opinions be known, and the league articles rock.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't want to play with the cone off. I think it feels pretty satisfying to read a defense, find the open guy, switch to him and then lead him for the.... dropped pass. DANG IT!!

Can we turn off the dropped passes and accidental pump fakes?? That would make the game much more fun for me.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
This is FMT's mess to clean up!
6Iraqi.jpg

j/k

Anyway, I agree with just moving on.

hgplayer1

I knew about konex not using the cone before our game. I dont remember exactly where I read or heard about it but I did know. it didnt bother me at all until we started playing and I realized not seeing a cone pop up made me think run on several occasions. I dont remember what the outcome of those plays were but I do know that it affected how I moved my player after the snap.

bottom line in my game against him was that I couldnt get my offense going. I really hadnt been putting any time into Madden around that time and it showed. He only beat me 3-0 so its not like I wasnt stopping him from scoring.

he is very much an acradey type player so dont be surprised by anything he does and dont bother debating with him as his logic is "unique" :lol

Mrbob

If you didn't think there would be any more twists and turns in the GAF Madden season we now have...

KOTEXGATE!

Matrix

"Konex,you're weaksause son,I'm taking this up with a friend"
a_capers_i.jpg

" I hear ya Capers,I'll make sure to pass this info onto my son,he will shock and awe this konex character,your league will be safe"
2cn79z99.jpg

Mrbob

I can only put up around 300 yards passing with the cone.

I want to go coneless too so I can put up 500 yards a game. :D

newsguy

Wellington said:
There is no way I would favor even 1 week with the passing cone off. Fuck that noise. We might as well go back to Madden 2005.

Same here. We already agreed we would play an entire season with the cone on. This is my first league with you guys bt is sucks to see all this shit and it's only week 4. People flaking on stats, people not using the cone, people quitting...

Mrbob

newsguy said:
Same here. We already agreed we would play an entire season with the cone on. This is my first league with you guys bt is sucks to see all this shit and it's only week 4. People flaking on stats, people not using the cone, people quitting...

First season is always a bit of a bump. Use it to weed out the contenders from the pretenders and things move more smoothly in future seasons.

newsguy

Mrbob said:
First season is always a bit of a bump. Use it to weed out the contenders from the pretenders and things move more smoothly in future seasons.

Maybe that's why it bugs me, cause by season 2 I plan to have the 360 version, and I'm not sure how many people will make the transition here, not even you Bob, you changed your Allard avatar :(

Fifty

Don't worry Newsguy....the league will continue to be great despite these bumps in the road. We're known for our drama and we haven't dissapointed so far.

Matrix

newsguy said:
Maybe that's why it bugs me, cause by season 2 I plan to have the 360 version, and I'm not sure how many people will make the transition here, not even you Bob, you changed your Allard avatar :(

I'll have the 360 version,Im sure the diehards here will get the 360 version.Trust me Bob will make the transition,hes a game whore.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'll have the 360 version too. Just so you guys will always have some to beat and that can provide some post game whining and complaining. :)

Slo

Looks like I might be the odd man out. I don't know if I'll have $500 to spend on a 360 + Madden guys. :-\

newsguy

Slo said:
Looks like I might be the odd man out. I don't know if I'll have $500 to spend on a 360 + Madden guys. :-\

We need to start a 360 fund so everyone can make the transition (after we donate for Katrina of course).

the cats out of the bag! thanks for the $$$ konex!

but seriously, it is my fault for not notifying people that konex was playing w/o the cone on. i could have swore i posted that in the thread but it appears i didn't.

here's the bottom line guys: konex is a terrible passer with or without the cone. i tested out playing him myself, i got feedback from people who played him with the cone, bottom line is his production was still terrible in the passing game. but, in retrospect i do agree that he does have an advantage in regards to his opponent blitzing and getting the ball off on time.

i allowed konex to turn off his cone because, as i stated above, it didn't seem to improve his team at all. but perhaps after seeing 4 league games it does show a difference. i wanted konex to play in the league because he was a dependable player, and to be honest with you i just wanted the 28 or 30 or 32 man league to go off without a hitch. most of the league has been pretty dependable so far which has surprised me. i realize this is my mess and i'm going to clean it up. i also realize the more i think about it that even allowing his opponent to not use the cone isn't a proper solution because it would distort stats even further (for instance, if i played konex without a cone clearly my stats will receive a boost)

for those of you who are highly opposed to letting konex use (and everyone else in the league), give me some feedback here. how would you like to see the situation resolved? vote at league daddy now

Mrbob

Well, if we all have our Xboxen, I don't see why we need to stop the Xbox league after the 360 is out. Everyone here has one. I'd hate to see the league get destroyed by the 360. Perhaps we can have a second 360 league too. Lets see how next gen Madden turns out first.

As for KOTEXGATE, I say what is done is done but he needs to use the cone from now on.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh, and matrix i can play any time tonight. when can you play? i'd prefer to play soon, while my gf isn't home :D

I can play in 15 mins,its about 7 here now,7:15 ok?

Andokuky

Banned
Quick, someone explain to me how the fuck Al Harris can stay toe to toe with Rod Smith while Champ Bailey looks like Leon Lett next to Jevon Walker. Thanks.

Hey it finally let me save stats.

Top Bottom