• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He's only up because he's played a week 4 game. And when he plays me, He either plays with a cone, or no game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Yeah...surprisingly, I'm the only one that has beat him. :lol

I just saw he jumped to #1 of my division...I better win against the pats ><

Ok this pisses me off cause no one has said anything since now and hes played 4 games,could this be why hes 3-1 ? I dont know but he sucked ass with the cone real bad before the league started.I dont know what to think since you beat him,but this wasnt allowed and damn this pisses me off more than anything cause passing without the cone is a lot easier imo.

Id like to hear FMT's and Fiftys take on this,but Fmt told me awhile ago not to turn off the cone cause the league is to be on an even playing level and now to find out Konex has atleast played one game without the cone on..ugh.

Cloudy

Banned
I've been banned so I dunno if it was posted here but the only reason I'm playing is cos I can turn cone off. The cone is retarded and I refuse to use it :p

FMT also said anyone playing me can turn their cone on or off if they want :)

Slo

Cloudy said:
I've been banned so I dunno if it was posted here but the only reason I'm playing is cos I can turn cone off. The cone is retarded and I refuse to use it :p

1) FUCK
2) THAT

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:

Triple fuck that,cause 1.Not everyone knew that.2. Thats pussy shit and 3.not everyone gets to face you.

Fifty

Here's what I was told by FMT a while back:

Konex was allowed to have the cone off, AS LONG AS the person he was playing let him, and they had the option of using it too. Now obviously that's not what's happening now, and at the risk of the entire league not using the cone, I think we should confirm what we once said and not let people take the cone off.

Cloudy

Banned
I actually traded the game in but bought it back when I found out there was a way to play online w/o cone. You guys can force yourselves to like it thinking it's innovative or whatever :lol

PS: If you even look at my games, I'm not winning by any passing advantage (it's the super overrated Lions defense) although I feel much more comfortable throwing now...

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
He's only up because he's played a week 4 game. And when he plays me, He either plays with a cone, or no game.
Well, that's what I meant. If I win against the Pats (fat chance) I can tie for 1st.

Matrix said:
Ok this pisses me off cause no one has said anything since now and hes played 4 games,could this be why hes 3-1 ? I dont know but he sucked ass with the cone real bad before the league started.I dont know what to think since you beat him,but this wasnt allowed and damn this pisses me off more than anything cause passing without the cone is a lot easier imo.

Id like to hear FMT's and Fiftys take on this,but Fmt told me awhile ago not to turn off the cone cause the league is to be on an even playing level and now to find out Konex has atleast played one game without the cone on..ugh.
Well, the reason I never brought it up on the forums was because it didn't really bother me that much.

Cloudy said:
I actually traded the game in but bought it back when I found out there was a way to play online w/o cone. You guys can force yourselves to like it thinking it's innovative or whatever :lol
Now it bothers me...

Cloudy said:

I have a huge problem with this. FMT has been pushing the stats hard, and then we have someone playing on a much easier rule set. This could also possibly have playoff implications for people in both divisons, especially the NFC, that don't face Konex during the year.

I refuse to play konex Week 7 unless he is using the cone.

Matrix

What about all the other people who have bitched earlier about the cone? Konex gets a free pass,ughh I'm sorry but this is weak and the fact that only Fmt,Konex and Fifty knew pisses me off more.

Konex,I dont care if you can pass or not with or without the cone,its not right.

Fifty

Just until he settles it later on when he gets back....I'll tell you what he told me verbatim

"WhosSorryNow015 (11:36:48 PM): well here's what im doing
WhosSorryNow015 (11:36:53 PM): i told him he can turn it off
WhosSorryNow015 (11:36:54 PM): IF
WhosSorryNow015 (11:37:00 PM): his opponent wants to turn his off as well for that game
WhosSorryNow015 (11:37:02 PM): then play ball
Fifty (11:37:07 PM): well good luck with that

It's not the worst plan, but maybe we were too naive to assume the other player would be contacted beforehand. Still, now that people all know it's complicated because I'm sure a bunch of you would like the benefits of not using it.

Matrix

"This could also possibly have playoff implications for people in the AFC that don't face Konex during the year."

100% true.

Fmt told me himself on aim "no cone" and now I find out this,Im having enough trouble scoring compared to last year,I take the cone off and my whole air game changes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
1) I was certain this was common knowledge.

2) It should have been made common knowledge, 'cause if not that's just BS. :(

3) He has 492 passing yards across 4 games. It's clear that even without the cone he's a bad passer. Less than 125 yds per game. (Though I've got what, 151 yards per game? :lol)

4) At this point, after so many games, the cone has become second nature. The only thing is that I can't make my progressions as well as I could before, which would be the advantage Konex is getting I guess. Still, the added benefit of the precision FAR outweighs the handicap of vision, IMO. Just jetpack him all game. :p

5) My D would stop him anyway! :lol j/k

Cloudy

Banned
I don't know what to tell you guys but I can't play with the cone. Someone who likes cone can use my team and play against those who don't want to play me w/wo their cone I guess.

I WILL NOT play with it and I made that perfectly clear to FMT before I joined :p

He has 492 passing yards across 4 games. It's clear that even without the cone he's a bad passer. Less than 125 yds per game.

Yeah, the only advantage is that I can actually complete passes now :lol Lions D and Jones are waaaaaaay overrated :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
HAHAHA at those TE stats.... I got one of the best TE's in the game and he isnt up there... I need to catch up... JETPACKS UNITE!!!!

Yeah me too man. I don't use my TE even close to enough and he's my best receiver....
Time for some JETPACK training. :D

Who cares what Konex does with the cone. He records his stats, he promises to not post anything about Kobe in this thread and when we play him we are given the option to turn the cone off. I will never turn the cone off myself. So I don't care.
As long as he doesn't send 8 man blitzes at you all game and just stare at your cone when you are on offense it shouldn't make a huge difference in his record.

Rorschach

Truelize said:
Yeah me too man. I don't use my TE even close to enough and he's my best receiver....
Time for some JETPACK training. :D
Well, not as many people all out blitz you because that could mean bye bye Vick.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
Well, not as many people all out blitz you because that could mean bye bye Vick.

I gotta tell you I've noticed way more people staying away from the blitz on me this season. Or if they do blitz it's from the CB's that are off the FREAKIN SCREEN (I don't know if that's fair until we all have widescreen TV's). Now if only I could figure out when my recievers are actually open I could get some passes to connect.

Matrix

Wellington said:
1) I was certain this was common knowledge.

2) It should have been made common knowledge, 'cause if not that's just BS. :(

Wasnt made common knowledge at all.Everyone knew I hated the cone and I was bitching about it way before the league started,why wasnt I given the option in my games? Just cause I can pass a little better than Konex :|

Lonestar

What Camera views do you guy's use? I've been on Madden long all season. It gives me most of the field in view, and is more over the top than Classic. Only thing it hampers with is FG kicking. I can't see the goal post more often than not.

Cone should have been "All off" or "All on." Catering to one person just so he'd join up is BS. Whether we knew about it or not.

Cloudy said:
I don't know what to tell you guys but I can't play with the cone. Someone who likes cone can use my team and play against those who don't want to play me w/wo their cone I guess.

I WILL NOT play with it and I made that perfectly clear to FMT before I joined :p

I WILL NOT play the Lions at all unless it's against Konex and you're using the passing cone. I'm making this perfectly clear now :p

Yeah, the only advantage is that I can actually complete passes now :lol Lions D and Jones are waaaaaaay overrated :D

Yeah, going from bitching that you suck with the cone to:

Overall Rank
2 #18 Detroit Lions 9.62

Yeah, that must be the only advantage.

Cloudy

Banned
he promises to not post anything about Kobe in this thread

Hey, I never said that :lol

And I don't manually play defense in Madden. It just DOES NOT work for me so I just try to hit Y and the hit stick when I can :lol

Cloudy

Banned
I WILL NOT play the Lions at all unless it's against Konex and you're using the passing cone. I'm making this perfectly clear now :p

Well I won't be using the cone anytime soon so FMT will have to sort that out...

Yeah, going from bitching that you suck with the cone to:

Overall Rank
2 #18 Detroit Lions 9.62

Yeah, that must be the only advantage.

I don't see how no-cone has anything to do with the amazing Kevin Jones who never fumbles (even if you run four/five straight times) and the Lions D that hardly gives up TDs so far :lol

Look up how many passing attempts I average a game. I bet it's not up to 7....

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Hey, I never said that :lol

And I don't manually play defense in Madden. It just DOES NOT work for me so I just try to hit Y and the hit stick when I can :lol

You dont even play manual D :| Konex wtf are you playing? What are you getting out of letting the cpu do all the work and not even playing like the rest of us.

Slo

Cloudy said:
Well I won't be using the cone anytime soon so FMT will have to sort that out...

I don't see how no-cone has anything to do with the amazing Kevin Jones who never fumbles (even if you run four/five straight times) and the Lions D that hardly gives up TDs so far :lol

Look up how many passing attempts I average a game. I bet it's not up to 7....

Nobody is complaining about Kevin Jones, but you having an advantage in the passing game helps KJ a lot. Would he be as effective if the defense could play you like you couldn't pass at all, and they stacked the line? How many third downs have been converted though the air?

You think Edgerrin James doesn't get those 1500 yards a season because of Peyton Manning's passing attack?

Slo

Matrix said:
You dont even play manual D :| Konex wtf are you playing? What are you getting out of letting the cpu do all the work and not even playing like the rest of us.

If he can get away with that, then it's Madden's fault, not his.

Lonestar

I don't play manual defense too much myself, I've proven too many times by being burned on long plays. I'm a better defensive playcaller than playrunner.

Matrix

Slo said:
If he can get away with that, then it's Madden's fault, not his.

Oh I know that,I was just curious as to why he would play that way,wtf is the fun in not doing anything but pressing Y or hitting up on the right stick.

Anyway in the long run I dont care about that,the passing cone stuff is a giant fuck up.At this point I say whoever wants to use it off should for atleast 4 games to match Konex's 4 games and then from here on out Konex just has to play with it on and deal with it like the rest of us.

I will of course continue playing with it on cause thats the way the rules were set but everyone should be given an option or we should have atleast been told about this.

I wouldn't have played in the league if the passing cone was off for the season. I have an even bigger problem with this whole mess if everyone stops using it.

Matrix

Cerebral Palsy said:
I wouldn't have played in the league if the passing cone was off for the season. I have an even bigger problem with this whole mess if everyone stops using it.

I dont want everyone to stop using it,its just I'm certain this league and its stats would be far different if certian people could have had the choice Konex did.I'm actually getting used to the cone and liking it more,do I suck more with it on...hell yes,my scoring proves this year I'm having a harder time passing and konex getting this pass and only a few people knowing about it,it just doesnt sit well with me.This was to be a league better than the EA league and so far it has been,but we have had Ram not report stats and get booted,Shadowred fuck us over,DJ Demon run up the score on a legit honest player,and now this Konex cone crap....well the tides of this league are turning some and not for the good.

Like you had said this could have implications on the AFC playoffs or people in the AFC who dont get to face the coneless Lions.

Lonestar

Could someone tell me how this affects the AFC, Coneless Cloud's in my division hamming it up Sans Cone. Is it because they don't get the chance to play without the cone too?

Matrix said:
Like you had said this could have implications on the AFC playoffs or people in the AFC who dont get to face the coneless Lions.

So true. Though I was wrong. Konex is actually in the NFC. I think this could have implications on people in both conferences who don't face Konex. Especially in the NFC. I would be especially mad if I was one of the guys who played him using the passing cone, and lost. This hurts everyone in the league. People who don't face Konex, and the ones that did legit and lost because of it.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Could someone tell me how this affects the AFC, Coneless Cloud's in my division hamming it up Sans Cone. Is it because they don't get the chance to play without the cone too?

I made a mistake too, I meant NFC or for people who dont get to face him.

Matrix

The Conex rules must end now and Konex must man up and play with the cone on.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
The Conex rules must end now and Konex must man up and play with the cone on.

So Konex doesnt play defense and has the cone off?

WTF! This isnt the Special Olympics Madden League!

Cloudy

Banned
How exactly are you turning off the Cone?

If it's off in your user profile, it's off in unranked games...

When I try to play manual D, I get BURNED :lol

Would he be as effective if the defense could play you like you couldn't pass at all, and they stacked the line?

They might as well cos I my run to pass ratio is pathetic so far. I'm trying to get more confidence in the pass though...

How many third downs have been converted though the air?

Dunno but if it's 3rd down and 5, I'll take my chances running cos KJ'll probably get it and I'd rather punt than give up a td on a slant INT. The short passing game is TERRIBLE for me...

[You think Edgerrin James doesn't get those 1500 yards a season because of Peyton Manning's passing attack?

Look at my stats. What passing "attack"? :eek:

Matrix

DMczaf said:
So Konex doesnt play defense and has the cone off?

WTF! This isnt the Special Olympics Madden League!

lol

Lonestar said:

What about people in both conferences that may have played Konex legit without knowing and lost? I bet the people in their conference and/or division that didn't have to face Konex aren't losing sleep over it.

Everyone in his conference gets boned also. Now way in hell Konex would be 3-1 if he had to play with the cone. I don't care how good the Lions defense is in the game. You think he would have won those close games with no offense? I don't care if both people get to have the cone off or not playing Konex. This handicap puts him on the same playing field as other when he shouldn't be. AFC players who face Konex are also screwed here. "Oh, sorry to anyone facing Konex. He whines too much, so we're taking your advantage, which you've earned from playing Madden a ridiculous amount of time, so he can compete!!!" Is it everyone elses fault Konex won't develope any skill with the vision cone?

This also bones stats hard. Especially for people who don't play Konex, and the ones that didn't know they could turn the cone off. Konex can claim all it does is help him actually pass all he wants, but it goes beyond that. He has a major advantage against the blitz now. Him now actually being able to pass, at the expense of others, majorly opens his running game.

I'm sorry. This is a bullshit handicap that puts Konex on the skill level of others when he shouldn't be. This affects everyone in both conferences.

Look at my stats. What passing "attack"? :eek:

You wouldn't have the passing stats you do without the handicap, and you probably wouldn't have won those close games without it. Now people have to worry about passing when they could focus only on the run. I'm just curious why you should be allowed a major handicap that lets you compete when you shouldn't be competing. I'm sorry, but you wouldn't 3-1 using the passing cone, and you know that. Or you wouldn't have run out and sold Madden in the first place.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

He didn't play manual D in NBA2k5 either, are you actually surprised??

I should stop playing manual D too I think. I take players out of position so much it's sickening. Whenever one of my defenders is near the ball I just start hitting X regardless if I'm controlling that actual player. I feel so stupid that I'll see my team get the tackle and then way off in the distance the player I'm controlling is diving to the ground. :(

I tried the Madden wide camera view. It just seemed to ugly and pixelated for my tv. I might try it again. I hate only being able to see one side of the field. I just play in the default camera right now.

Lonestar said:
It's the Steroid Scandal of the GAF. ONLY IN AMERICA, WOOOOO!
He didn't get them from me. :lol I wouldn't sell to his weak ass.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
F it... I knew about this for a minute... I was the first to play him when he discovvered he could get on with out the cone... I helped him turn it off and I proceeded to mercifully Wax the lions ass(nh) trust me when I say, its not that big of a deal, I thought that him not using th cone was common knowledge... trust me it makes no difference.. If he had 500 yds passing or was leading passing stats I would look twice... but he isnt, so I dont care..

Cloudy

Banned
I'm just curious why you should be allowed a major handicap that lets you compete when you shouldn't be competing. I'm sorry, but you wouldn't 3-1 using the passing cone.

Based on the players I've played, I'd be 2-2 at the worst and 3-1 if I didn't screw up late against Rors. The defense and rushing has just been that overrated :lol

The only game I don't think I could have won if I was forced to use the cone is the Pats cos my defense owned that but I sealed it with some lucky passes late. If you think I have an advantage with the cone, why not take yours off and play me? If you're really that much better at the game (as opposed to better at pressing buttons), you should win, right?

Anyways, I cleared all this up with FMT before I joined so don't jump all over me. Heck, I have no problem forfeiting games to people who refuse to play w/o cone cos I WILL NOT use the cone :p

Cloudy said:
Based on the players I've played, I'd be 2-2 at the worst and 3-1 if I didn't screw up late against Rors. The defense and rushing has just been that overrated :lol

The only game I don't think I could have won if I was forced to use the cone is the Pats cos my defense owned that but I sealed it with some lucky passes late...

Maybe. Maybe not. What does your defensive stats or rushing game being overrated have to do with you getting a handicap?

If you think I have an advantage with the cone, why not take yours off and play me? If you're really that much better at the game (as opposed to better at pressing buttons), you should win, right?

I'm not trying to be an ass and say you suck at the game, or that I'm better. However, you were the one complaining you can't play with the cone, and sold the game because of it in the first place. I'm just running on the information you have provided. And yeah, if you have such a hard time with the vision cone as you have suggested, I do believe I and others would have an advantage. Being able to focus on the run, and a MAJOR advantage when we choose to blitz. Am I wrong here?

Anyways, I cleared all this up with FMT before I joined so don't jump all over me. Heck, I have no problem forfeiting games to people who refuse to play w/o cone cos I WILL NOT use the cone :p

From what I hear you were supposed to tell everyone before the game and give them the option of using no cone also. Have you been doing this? And just because FMT chose to let you slide through the cracks doesn't mean you're immune to others having problems with you.

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
I regret to inform you that I was going easy on you that game because...well, it's Konex. The reason I drove so easily against you in the end was because that was the only time I was really trying. I was pissed of at that retarded PI penalty that got you your only score in the entire game on 4th and long. I didn't want to blow you out completely since you were already down on the game. I think the lack of cone has boosted your ego a bit. Week 9 is going to be tough on you.

Top Bottom