• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
I ONLY joined because I was told I could play w/o the cone.

Spoken like a true Kobe fan. I wont play unless I get special priviledges. Come on man. You honestly don't think you can get any better at it? Like you have that little faith in your ability to learn new things? Geesh.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is what I didn't want. Just let the fucking dude play, what the fuck. You all cry and whine about wanting more players then pull this shit.

Honestly, and no offense Konex, the dude is a fucking horrible player. We all fucking ragged on him last year, and the year before, AND THIS YEAR because he was so bad. FMT gets him to at least play with us and makes him competitive and now it's a problem. Now because he can win we don't want to play him. He's only 3-1 because of the fucking people he has played against (No offense to anyone but he is dead last in opponent record).

How about this, as a fix, we change Konex's sched a bit and make him play guys tougher than he would have before. He won't get the stats you fucks are crying about. And he won't "fuck up" your division by actually MAKING IT COMPETITIVE. Fucking cry babies.

Or how about he just doesn't record his stats. It'll save the "purity" of the league. Jeez.

konex, there is NO ONE in this league that drops back 20 yards with success. i know this because i have actually dropped back 10+ yards before, and it results in almost an instant sack. EA seems to have programmed a logic (thankfully) that whenever qb's drop back a certain amount the offensive line loses it's blocking ability and lets the DE's go.

konex your problem is that you are trying to play QB with no real plan on any given play. you say ok ill call this play lets see what happens. you SHOULD have "reads" and who you think will be open and where you want to go. you should have timing routes (comebacks, outs, ins, whatever).

the passing cone is ESPECIALLY effective on dink and dunk passing. you think you SHOULD be able to complete a pass when you have 3 guys running deep patterns and the defense is bumping + blitzing the fuck out of you? the answer is no. you need a check down or outlet receiver or rb in the flats or SOMETHING to bail you out. the entire purpose of a blitz IS to confuse a qb and cause chaos, it's not so someone can mash on a button to avoid the sack and get lucky.

i know i told you that you could play without the cone and that's why i take the blame for this. i don't know why you can't use the cone and improve on it (there are a lot of people in the league that were absolutely TERRIBLE with the cone in the preseason and they have really improved, i don't see why you can't improve either

This is what I didn't want. Just let the fucking dude play, what the fuck. You all cry and whine about wanting more players then pull this shit.

Honestly, and no offense Konex, the dude is a fucking horrible player. We all fucking ragged on him last year, and the year before, AND THIS YEAR because he was so bad. FMT gets him to at least play with us and makes him competitive and now it's a problem. Now because he can win we don't want to play him. He's only 3-1 because of the fucking people he has played against (No offense to anyone but he is dead last in opponent record).

How about this, as a fix, we change Konex's sched a bit and make him play guys tougher than he would have before. He won't get the stats you fucks are crying about. And he won't "fuck up" your division by actually MAKING IT COMPETITIVE. Fucking cry babies.

Or how about he just doesn't record his stats. It'll save the "purity" of the league. Jeez.

good points ck. what do you guys think?

Slo

Wellington said:

The more I think about this topic, the less I care about the whole thing, but I don't quite follow you.

First off, I havent' been seeing too many people asking for more people. And if we're going to start catering to people's hissy fits just to get them to play, I'd much rather have a Ramirez than Cloudy.

Second, when exactly do you guys decide to take the cone away from him? Sure, he sucks right now. What about when he goes 10-6 in season 3? Is he going to be playing Madden 2008 without the cone "OR ELSE"?

Like I said, I really don't care. If he sucks that bad, he's no threat to me. I just feel bad for people like Matrix who wanted the same favor.

i can easily eliminate the "well what if he beats opponents and prevents me from getting into the playoffs!" argument. do you know who is going to take over the lions if konex is kicked out? fifty. i can god damn guarantee you that fifty is going to win a lot more games than konex ever would, AND he's going to put up better stats.

as far as giving the break to konex and not to matrix: matrix is a seasoned madden vet, and he knows he is better than konex even WITH the cone. i played matrix yesterday, and he is at least decent with the cone, and infact made some pretty nice plays anyways with the cone.

konex is a special case because he is (and no offense konex) not a very good madden player. he is learning, but he's still not a great player. but, konex is one of the more dependable people around when it comes to league games. he's always up for entering his stats, never misses his games, and always plays legit. i think that is more valuable than getting upset about the cone. play konex yourself in preseason without him using the cone, you're going to see he is honestly not killing people.

he has beaten hg by 3 points, he beat a fill-in new england team, and he beat kingvitamin who is having struggles himself. he's not lighting up dm or ck or anything. again, that is no shot at hg or kingV, i'm just saying konex hasn't been head and shoulders above everyone else in stats or scoring.

i can see the argument from both sides. i understand what everyone is saying, and with all that said i would prefer to keep him in the league because honestly quality players are hard to come by (as we have all noticed in the last couple weeks). now if there is going to be a mass revolt and people refuse to play him or go on strike or whatever then we'll have to do something, but honestly guys this should be a non-issue.

Mrbob

I played Konex last night in a 5 minute game last night with him not using the cone. I picked him off 8 times in the game so it doesn't matter to me if he uses the cone or not. :p I don't play him this season either so I guess it should be up to the players who do face him and his division oppoenents.

Although, to be honest this whole cone thing sounded like an under the table scandel which has now broke out. :D I think the people in his division should be the ones who decide. They are the ones who will be directly affected the most.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol :lol :lol Good God everytime i enter this thread now i feel like im watching Daytime TV.
I Voted no on leaguedaddy to not let him use the cone but thinking twice i honestly coudlt care. I dont play him at all this season and even if it wouldnt be a big deal. I could play D in 2005 and i can still play D in 2006 cone or no cone. That should be the same with everyone else. As many people have stated before he is still learning how to play some im sure the cone isnt going to make a big difference in your games with him.

Although, to be honest this whole cone thing sounded like an under the table scandel which has now broke out. I think the people in his division should be the ones who decide. They are the ones who will be directly affected the most.

Yeah i think thats the best way to handle it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo: FMT/Fifty are not catering to anyone's hissy fits.

1) FMT/Fifty have made him competitive.

2) FMT/Fifty have gotten him into the league, and all of us who have played him in ESPN NFL/NBA/MLB know he is reliable.

I don't understand why this is such a big issue. The Falcons were banned last year and we allowed Truelize to use them because he was not up to par with the rest of us. Not only that, but as a result he had the best offense in the league and BRAGGED about it at every turn.

That, my friends, should end this discussion.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Whatever at this point I thought Konex would just man up and play with the cone on,but if he is 100% going to quit,well then I say let him stay because at this point the more I think about it and some good points I hadnt thought of have been brought up by ck and fmt,I dont want this league screwed in the long run any longer.I just dont like the whole secret shit,if someone has said from the beggining that Konex was going to get that option it really wouldnt have bothered me much cause I played him plenty and he stinks,its just some people really had no clue and its kinda bizzare 4 games in that some of us just found about it.I'll tell you one thing,its odd to see 3-1 next to his name :lol

From here on out im just going to consider Konex the mentally retarded one of the league,like dm said the special ed section of madden 06 league....sadly hes all alone.

it honestly wasn't meant to be any type of secret. that is evidenced by the fact that some people, even those who haven't played konex, knew he wasn't using the cone. the whole secret issue was my own fault but like i said earlier i really thought i had divulged that information here. sorry friends!

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix, how would it have been a secret even if it was supposed to be? Anyone playing me would instantly notice I had no cone :lol

konex your problem is that you are trying to play QB with no real plan on any given play. you say ok ill call this play lets see what happens. you SHOULD have "reads" and who you think will be open and where you want to go. you should have timing routes (comebacks, outs, ins, whatever).

I have a gameplan but I also like to have the freedom to run stuff on the fly if the plan breaks down. I haven't been able to do that with cone and I've given up. Maybe I suck at games or whatever. I guess there's a reason I mainly play sports and story-based games :lol

he is very much an acradey type player

Besides my pathetic pass-run ratio in Madden, what exactly about my game is not sim? And didn't I play sim in ESPN?

You all know I don't want to quit but the cone takes the FUN out of the game for me. If I found playing with cone fun, I'd still use it even if I went 0-16. But why do it if I hate it? I don't care about W/L and I already said I'd forfeit/let someone else play vs. folks who are against "MethaCone" :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man I just used the Steelers. FMT was right about the dropped ints, but holy shit everything else is gravy. Ben went 4 of 6 for 147 yards. :lol

Andokuky

Banned
Hey I can't defend the pass, defending the pass takes out all the FUN in the game for me. I demand that in my games, my opponents cannot pass. I will let them know before every game.

Mrbob

Andokuky said:
Hey I can't defend the pass, defending the pass takes out all the FUN in the game for me. I demand that in my games, my opponents cannot pass. I will let them know before every game.

:lol :lol :lol

It begins... :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
Matrix, how would it have been a secret even if it was supposed to be? Anyone playing me would instantly notice I had no cone :lol

Not everyone plays you,I dont play you this season,but I still would have liked to have known.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Andokuky said:

:lol :lol :lol Classic

hgplayer1

Cloudy said:
Besides my pathetic pass-run ratio in Madden, what exactly about my game is not sim? And didn't I play sim in ESPN?

hitting the hit stick constantly even when the man youre "controlling" on D isnt close to the play

same thing with the truck stick. hand off to FB, truck stick even before any contact

sprinting out from behind center on pass plays

off the top of my head

Fifty

I say let him stay. Whatever....people seem ok with it. Even Matrix, who really wanted it off, thinks he can stay if konex insists on it. Konex is reliable, and that's what we need. Remember people, when playing Konex, you can turn the cone off yourself. If he starts crushing good players BECAUSE of this, then we should have another talk.

Rorschach

Wellington said:

Wait, wait...don't bring my division into this. We're not the ones that made a big HUGE stink out of this. Check your facts before calling people "fucking crybabies." I've already stated multiple times that I don't give a fuck. And what are you talking about making our division competitive? The records aren't close enough for you? There's a 3-way tie in our division.

newsguy

DJ_Tet said:
It appears the game is around 8:45 pm. I'll probably not be getting up before noon tomorrow, so if you want we can play after the game. I'm kind of a night owl, if that's too late let me know and I'll get up early if need be :)

I'm an insomniac ;) I'll be glad to play Sat. night.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think Conex should still be able to play. I think it's odd that he can't use the cone, but I don't think we should be kicking him out at all.

Just let it go and let him play.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Conex should play, if he starts whupping people due to no cone, we'll kick him out then.

Newsguy, good to hear ;) See you then, good luck.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Wait, wait...don't bring my division into this. We're not the ones that made a big HUGE stink out of this. Check your facts before calling people "fucking crybabies." I've already stated multiple times that I don't give a fuck. And what are you talking about making our division competitive? The records aren't close enough for you? There's a 3-way tie in our division.

I see a single, two person tie.

Of course that was a general insult tossed at everyone who said something about not being able to play him in the AFC, but hey if you want to take it as a diss to you go right ahead.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I see a single, two person tie.

Of course that was a general insult tossed at everyone who said something about not being able to play him in the AFC, but hey if you want to take it as a diss to you go right ahead.
I just want in on the drama ><

Slo

DCX, I might have to wait until tommorrow to play our game, unless you might be able to play really, really late.

DCX

DCX
Slo said:
DCX, I might have to wait until tommorrow to play our game, unless you might be able to play really, really late.
i'm off this weekend so i will be up, i don't sleep much...just let me know, i'll be online til i'm ready for bed, if you see me on AIM IM me.

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
hitting the hit stick constantly even when the man youre "controlling" on D isnt close to the play

same thing with the truck stick. hand off to FB, truck stick even before any contact

sprinting out from behind center on pass plays

You've got to understand that I'm new to serious Madden play this gen. So I'm not supposed to use the hit stick often? I don't even tackle with the regular button (is there one?) :lol

Ramirez

I use nothing but the hit stick now,one of my many flaws...

But anyways,I'm gonna take the Steelers back over,I find it shitty of myself to bail on FMT when he had to pay for the site space,plus I just want to play some football...please redirect any and all scrutiny of me towards my PM box or talk to me on AIM as this thread has enough drama already and Im not looking to start any,just want to have fun with the game and not take it serious.

thumbs-up.jpg

Slo

DCX said:
i'm off this weekend so i will be up, i don't sleep much...just let me know, i'll be online til i'm ready for bed, if you see me on AIM IM me.

DCX

I'm REALLLLY sorry that I wasn't around, my bad. I got your IM. We will have to play tommorrow night now. Please let me know when you'll be available.

I've thought about the whole Conex deal. I guess if he wants to be the Official League Bitch™ we should let him. He is the one that has to carry the burden of his shameful whining and knowing he isn't competing on the same level as everyone else week in and week out. I wouldn't put up with this trash in future seasons, however.

Ramirez said:
I use nothing but the hit stick now,one of my many flaws...

But anyways,I'm gonna take the Steelers back over,I find it shitty of myself to bail on FMT when he had to pay for the site space,plus I just want to play some football...please redirect any and all scrutiny of me towards my PM box or talk to me on AIM as this thread has enough drama already and Im not looking to start any,just want to have fun with the game and not take it serious.

thumbs-up.jpg

Props for taking the Steelers back.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey I won two games today. I rule. Now I'm 7 wins and 30 losses. Almost at 50%. My gosh.

I lost two games to Lone this evening that were SO close. I lose everything in the last minute. Everyone should know that if you are only down 7 with less than a minute to go and you have the ball odds are... you are gonna win. :(

I played a game with the Steelers. They are awesome. Ben has a way better arm than Vick. Vick is a cripple.

DCX

DCX
Slo said:
I'm REALLLLY sorry that I wasn't around, my bad. I got your IM. We will have to play tomorrow night now. Please let me know when you'll be available.
It's ok, i'm still up...hope you are too, if not tomorrow is good...ummm...well it depends on you on the times, i'm off so pretty much available all day and night.

DCX

good to have you back buddy. sorry about dicking up your stats for 2 games... jesus that team frickin sucked (no offense, maybe you can harness them i dont know...)

Interesting how the players who voted to allow Cloudy to play with cone have lost to me and more to come...I hope this is my sign to win it all :D

Slo

DCX said:
It's ok, i'm still up...hope you are too, if not tomorrow is good...ummm...well it depends on you on the times, i'm off so pretty much available all day and night.

DCX

Sorry I went to be right after writing that post. Long ugly story that I'd rather not tell. :|

I've got a birthday party for both of my kids this afternoon, but I should be home most of the day and tonight. If you're really available all day long, we shouldn't have a problem getting it in.

Again, sorry for this whole situation.

DCX

DCX
No problem Slo, life sucks, life is busy...shit happens....like i said i'll be ready just send a message and we'll get this done.

DCX

Matrix

Rorschach said:
...hurry up = different play now? ><

what a fucking retarded mistake...oh well, gg dskillz

What happened?

How come your game score shows 13 for you and NE doesnt have a score?

Rorschach

Matrix said:
What happened?

How come your game score shows 13 for you and NE doesnt have a score?
He's new so it's probably going to take him awhile to record his stats...I'm gonna stay online in the stat screen just in case. What happened was that I was on a drive that could have gotten me the win, but it chose a different play in hurry up...didn't know it did that this year. Anyway, threw an int in desperation at the 3 yrd line (instead of just throwing it away). :lol
The first touchdown was partly lag related, but it was pretty sweet, so I don't mind it.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
He's new so it's probably going to take him awhile to record his stats...I'm gonna stay online in the stat screen just in case. What happened was that I was on a drive that could have gotten me the win, but it chose a different play in hurry up...didn't know it did that this year. Anyway, threw an int in desperation at the 3 yrd line (instead of just throwing it away). :lol
The first touchdown was partly lag related, but it was pretty sweet, so I don't mind it.

Ck,I only asked cause I thought something went down,like the servers or some shit.

:lol Ouch that hurts Ror.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
does anyone want to take on my 14-game ranked winning streak??

Me,Ive lost so much I dont care if I lose another ranked game.

Top Bottom