• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fifty

Fuck your winning streak FMT. I had 9 straight wins and I was about to beat you when we did the 32 man tournament....WHEN I GOT DISCONNECTED FOR UNPLUGGING MY CONTROLLER ONCE. Fuck that shit. So ridiculous. I hope you lose 20 straight you lucky SOB!

186617.jpg

3 games left!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Had my first game...I missed recording some of the stats, next time I will print out all the stats I need so I can record them all. So now I have somewhat of an incomplete game report. Sorry about that.

Rorschach

dskillzhtown said:
Had my first game...I missed recording some of the stats, next time I will print out all the stats I need so I can record them all. So now I have somewhat of an incomplete game report. Sorry about that.
I'll fill in the blanks.

[edit] oh wait, I can't edit your stats :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm in shock at some of the TD passes FMT just pulled off on me,running around all over the place and still having time to get the pass off with players all over him :|

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol alex smith = mike vick!?

i would never have the balls to play that way in league... that shit is dangerous. maybe i should though... :D

Im still in shock,I was all over Smith on all 3 of those tds passes :( then again once you get the ball in air against the Texans usually good things happen.

Andokuky

Banned
Did you pay off EA or something? :lol Holy shit I have never seen someone get so many breaks in one game of Madden before. I rarely get pissed playing videogames but those deflection plays had me ready to throw my controller into the wall.

Fifty

:lol Tommy Polley tipping the ball backhand, then spinning around and INTing it, then running 80 yards like a maniac for a TD. That's pure skill! You're a good sport Ando...you had some bad luck, mainly in regards to the running game. I broke two runs....another one of those crazy "run into a giant pile and emerge 74 yards downfield" runs. I think I had a 74 one last game too...odd. Anyway, at least you shut Heap down for a week! I tried to throw to him but he wasn't open.

Also, your one scoring play was kind of crazy to say the least, and since it was still really close then I was pissed off as hell....Sams runs back for a punt return, I press Y, but I muff the punt....I then RECOVER the fumble only to get tackled and fumble AGAIN, leading to an easy defensive TD. Boy was that play crazy. Lots of crazy plays..

12660.jpg

Slo

DCX: I'm home and can play whenever. Please IM when you are able to play. I should be home tommorrow morning and afternoon as well.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'll be looking for some more losses tonight if anyone is around. I'll be on at about 8:45 mountain time. Hit me on aim and help your winning streak.

edit: I actually won a game. Total fluke thing I'm sure. But I got my one win for this year against Wellie. I beat him once last year and then we never played again. Maybe that's what I'll do now. :D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
remember that the round is advancing tomorrow afternoon my friends. it will be advancing at appox. 2pm pst. enjoy!

Uh, Drey posted he couldn't even play until Sunday, and I haven't been able to get him on AIM to figure out a time. I really doubt it'll happen before 2pm pst. I don't even think I will be able to play until the mid afternoon anyway.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Newsguy and I are going to have and play our game tomorrow as well.

I apologize to anyone who is getting impatient, I fully understand if the next week needs to be unlocked before we get our stats in. Sometimes real life interferes and hopefully people are patient with that, especially with it being a holiday weekend.

If that results in neither of our players being considered for player of the week etc that's fine with me, and I'm sure newsguy feels the same.

DCX

DCX
Slo said:
DCX: It's about midnight here and I'm going to crash. We'll have to try tommorrow morning.
I lost my internet connection util now from like 5:30pm :( i'm soooo pissed off. Yeah Slo, we'll get the game in tomorrow for sure...sorry about that.

DCX

Drey1082

Cerebral Palsy said:
Uh, Drey posted he couldn't even play until Sunday, and I haven't been able to get him on AIM to figure out a time. I really doubt it'll happen before 2pm pst. I don't even think I will be able to play until the mid afternoon anyway.

hey, whenever you're around we can play. I'll be here at least during the day today. Ill have my Aim on, so leave me a message.

Slo

DCX and I got our game in. Let it be known that from now on I refuse to play before my second, third, and fourth cup of coffee of the day. :)

GG DCX. Thanks for being flexible.

Edit: Oh yeah, I didn't learn my lesson. I had ANOTHER passed picked off and returned 90+ yards. :lol

DCX

DCX
Slo said:
DCX and I got our game in. Let it be known that from now on I refuse to play before my second, third, and fourth cup of coffee of the day. :)

GG DCX. Thanks for being flexible.

Edit: Oh yeah, I didn't learn my lesson. I had ANOTHER passed picked off and returned 90+ yards. :lol
Man if it wasn't for that, i would have my second straight shutout. Good game, i'm flexible...i have no life other than my daughter...so it's all good. I wish i can turn 5 sacks, int for a TD into a good game...26yds rushing? 1 pass for 9 yrds?!?!?! All game i completed one pass!! Sure, my recievers dropped like 5 passes...most for first downs no doubt...but man...i can't catch a break...oh well, on to Malleymal and a sure defeat :) I have played him more than any gaffer, so if there's anyone i can sneak a win against it would be him...and boy what an upset it would be...

DCX

Rorschach

Fifty said:
:lol Tommy Polley tipping the ball backhand, then spinning around and INTing it, then running 80 yards like a maniac for a TD. That's pure skill![/IMG]
:lol Jeeze all day yesterday my team couldn't hold on to an int to save their lives. I got tired of Michaels saying "...aaand he drops the interception..." so I muted my tv :( At least Woodson should get those easy ints. >:|

newsguy

DJ_Tet said:
Newsguy and I are going to have and play our game tomorrow as well.

I apologize to anyone who is getting impatient, I fully understand if the next week needs to be unlocked before we get our stats in. Sometimes real life interferes and hopefully people are patient with that, especially with it being a holiday weekend.

If that results in neither of our players being considered for player of the week etc that's fine with me, and I'm sure newsguy feels the same.

Yeah, It was on my end why we couldn't play yesterday. I don't mind not having a player of the week (I haven't had one anyway).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well if they are going to play tomorrow unlock the next week!!!

When do you want to beat me, defensive master.... er... HG? I'm home all day, will likely head out later though. I am ready to be shutout. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Wellington's pandering is trashtalk for the new millennium.

Been playing against HG since Madden 2004 and it's always been defensive battles.

Guess what, next week I will say "Slo, are you ready to own my DBs with your passing attack?!?"

Slo

Wellington said:
Well if they are going to play tomorrow unlock the next week!!!

When do you want to beat me, defensive master.... er... HG? I'm home all day, will likely head out later though. I am ready to be shutout. :(

Sounds like everyone is going to try to play today.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Been playing against HG since Madden 2004 and it's always been defensive battles.

Guess what, next week I will say "Slo, are you ready to own my DBs with your passing attack?!?"
<CK> Hey, Ror, when can we play? I'm ready to be Moss'd :'(

<Rorschach> :|

Slo

Code:
PLAYER                      RCP	YD	RAVG	TD	YAC	DRP	LNGR
Randy "Straight Cash" Moss  6	114	19.0	0	21	2	42
Troy "not-Randy" Williamson 12	228	19.0	1	49	5	70

PLZ PLEAZE COME BACK RANDY!!!1 We're lost without you!

Matrix

Slo what time is good for you to play our week 5 game?

Matrix

Yes it does.

Any idea what time? The later the better for me :)

Rorschach

Slo said:
Code:
PLAYER                      RCP	YD	RAVG	TD	YAC	DRP	LNGR
Randy "Straight Cash" Moss  6	114	19.0	0	21	2	42
Troy "not-Randy" Williamson 12	228	19.0	1	49	5	70

PLZ PLEAZE COME BACK RANDY!!!1 We're lost without you!
mossd.gif

Matrix

Slo said:
Music to my ears. How about 10 or 11 PM?

Either time is good,Id prefer 11.

Eastern time right?

Cloudy

Banned
I just had an amazing game with Newsguy. 3 OTs and I oick him of in his 30 and fumble it back for the game-winning drive :lol

AZ Greg

Ramirez said:
Azyuma I can play tonight,prolly round 8-10,I'll log on to AIM,CtownSkins3.

Sorry, I can't play tonight, I'm out of town. I can play tomorrow night or anytime after though. Hope thats not a problem.

newsguy

Cloudy said:
I just had an amazing game with Newsguy. 3 OTs and I oick him of in his 30 and fumble it back for the game-winning drive :lol

Dude, I'm done reading the comments here lol. Because people were saying Konex is no good, I underestimated him and he took me to triple OT AND picked me off on my end of the field. Thankfully his safety fumbled ;) Besides, it makes up for the 15+ dropped INT's by my DB's o_O After voting that he should use the cone, I take it back. He doesn't exploit it in a way that would make me say "that's cheap." He runs alot and he only threw long when it made sense. I only had 1 sack all game, but he was still pressured so it's not a big deal.

Message to Fifty or FMT, I was recording my stats for my Jets and Eagles game, I only got around to inputting the Main score stats since I'm in a hurry to go to work, but don't worry I'll input my player stats after work (wrote it all down) in case you look at the stats and wonder why I didn't complete it.
Close game between Gunstar and I by the way, score 19-20, 1st down for me at the 3 yrd line to end the game with a touchdown. I get greedy and go for a passing touchdown to Coles, and its INTERCEPTED! He runs it over to his 40 yard line before Ty Law catches up and tackles him. Still 1 minute to go on the clock, and of course my defense stopped him. :)

Jets...are waiting for you FMT.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
iceDragon7 said:
Message to Fifty or FMT, I was recording my stats for my Jets and Eagles game, I only got around to inputting the Main score stats since I'm in a hurry to go to work, but don't worry I'll input my player stats after work (wrote it all down) in case you look at the stats and wonder why I didn't complete it.
Close game between Gunstar and I by the way, score 19-20, 1st down for me at the 3 yrd line to end the game with a touchdown. I get greedy and go for a passing touchdown to Coles, and its INTERCEPTED! He runs it over to his 40 yard line before Ty Law catches up and tackles him. Still 1 minute to go on the clock, and of course my defense stopped him. :)

Jets...are waiting for you FMT.

More like I stop myself, I was ready in FG range but for some reason I thought you were up by 7. So after getting sacked twice, I was done. The Madden Curse continues!

DJ_Tet

Banned
newsguy said:
Dude, I'm done reading the comments here lol. Because people were saying Konex is no good, I underestimated him and he took me to triple OT AND picked me off on my end of the field. Thankfully his safety fumbled ;) Besides, it makes up for the 15+ dropped INT's by my DB's o_O After voting that he should use the cone, I take it back. He doesn't exploit it in a way that would make me say "that's cheap." He runs alot and he only threw long when it made sense. I only had 1 sack all game, but he was still pressured so it's not a big deal.

News, I won't be home until later tonight after dinner. Will you be free this evening to play?

Top Bottom