• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.
ill be there matrix.

p.s. and now that the legitimacey of my steelers coaching tenure has been brought into question, i have to go all out on you! also, there maybe a surprise start at QB... perhaps a rocky V surprise...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
don't blame konex fellas. it was me who lured him back into the league when he had already sold the game, so it's my fault. the issue should be cleared up one way or another in the next couple days

AZ Greg

Andokuky said:
Quick, someone explain to me how the fuck Al Harris can stay toe to toe with Rod Smith while Champ Bailey looks like Leon Lett next to Jevon Walker. Thanks.

Hey it finally let me save stats.

al914.jpg

Good game. :)

hgplayer1

Jay are you around? Im ready to go any time you are. Cowboys are playing tonight so Id like to catch the game but will play whenever is convenient for you.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Fmt...Double D my savior.

58, 89, 77 = 21 points. that is what dominick davis told me! i dont know wtf is up with the steelers defense, but man they get pushed around at the point of attack even using the 4-3. i dont know if they were thrown off by all the spinning or WHAT, but they didn't bring the lumber. poor tommy gun... wasted game!

i was still in it at the end until this fag(gins) jumped from outerspace to pick off a pass. i was destined to score on that drive! then the failed onside attempt with 50 seconds left sealed my 5 point loss :(

gg matrix! if you think you are going to run on the 49ers in that way, that's one thing you can for-fucking-get! booyah ladies!

p.s. but seriously good game ;)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
58, 89, 77 = 21 points. that is what dominick davis told me! i dont know wtf is up with the steelers defense, but man they get pushed around at the point of attack even using the 4-3. i dont know if they were thrown off by all the spinning or WHAT, but they didn't bring the lumber. poor tommy gun... wasted game!

i was still in it at the end until this fag(gins) jumped from outerspace to pick off a pass. i was destined to score on that drive! then the failed onside attempt with 50 seconds left sealed my 5 point loss :(

gg matrix! if you think you are going to run on the 49ers in that way, that's one thing you can for-fucking-get! booyah ladies!

Gah you let him gain ground on me in the rushing race. Ill make you pay when i face your 9ers later on

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I'll never get my shot in season play :(

I think I went to Dime cover 2 bump when you went 4 wide and Faggins just did some Superman shit and flew to the ball :D I also dropped like 2 or 3 balls early in the game that I should have picked off...I press Y and I never get user ints like Fifty even when I have control of the player :(

:O I'm leading the league in rushing.Man last year DD couldnt even get 70 yards for me most the time and this year I pull a 300 yarder out my ass.

Fifty

First FMT gives up 4 passing TDs to one player....now 300 rushing yards. A man of many talents..

trump_donald_cp_5712036.jpg

"You're fired"

Expect the Steelers to contend next week! It takes a Ravens fan to bring them to glory....the ultimate irony

Matrix...the only reason for the lack of user INTs has to be that you're not pressing Y fast enough, and as Konex knows...the team can play D by itself if you're not doing anything..so on that last INT (in a game we had) the player had started the INT animation before you could press Y

Matrix

Fifty said:
First FMT gives up 4 passing TDs to one player....now 300 rushing yards. A man of many talents..

"You're fired"

Expect the Steelers to contend next week! It takes a Ravens fan to bring them to glory....the ultimate irony

Matrix...the only reason for the lack of user INTs has to be that you're not pressing Y fast enough, and as Konex knows...the team can play D by itself if you're not doing anything..so on that last INT (in a game we had) the player had started the INT animation before you could press Y

:lol

Dude you must have lighting speed,you average like 3 user ints against me a game.I think you might be part robot.

AZ Greg

Fifty said:

"You're fired"

:(

Rorschach

Slo said:
Looks like I might be the odd man out. I don't know if I'll have $500 to spend on a 360 + Madden guys. :-\
Same here. I already have PS2 and Xbox Madden! I'll be playing this gen's last madden on this gen's consoles until next gen madden is here. I doubt there will be many improvements to 360 Madden.

i doubt i'm going to be buying xbox 360 this year. maybe for christmas or something ( :lol and if you find someone i know that is going to spend $400+ on me for xmas please let me know who it is). i could feasibly afford it, but im not going to blow that kind of money unless madden is leaps and bounds above what we have on xbox now, and i just can't see that happening.

don't feel bad friends! the madden xbox 1 leagues will live on!

Expect the Steelers to contend next week!

hey! i resent that! i did compete against matrix. i was up early and had the chance to win the game late, just didn't pan out!

enjoy the steelers ck, they are cursed since ramirez was removed from the league :D

hgplayer1

I can already gaurantee you that Madden on 360 will be better because you will be able to play practice mode or single player and still get invites.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hey! i resent that! i did compete against matrix. i was up early and had the chance to win the game late, just didn't pan out!

enjoy the steelers ck, they are cursed since ramirez was removed from the league :D

Fmt played his butt off but he didnt have the San Fran crowd behind him to help him pull it out.I also dont have anyone this year that has the ablity to catch deep passes like Dm's Bucs do :lol EA gave the Bucs a passing game and the Texans a rushing game...06 is the complete opposite of 05 for me.

Slo

hgplayer1 said:
I can already gaurantee you that Madden on 360 will be better because you will be able to play practice mode or single player and still get invites.

Thanks God. Finally.

Fifty

I have the money set aside for a 360 (God I love our 14% tax here in ontario!!), but I'm waiting to see it's worth it. If the games are a big enough leap, I won't be able to refuse it, especially if it really is a next-gen Madden. Anyway, even if I bought it I'd probably still be willing to play this (unless madden 360 really really blows this game away ;) )

edit: Matrix, you're crazy.....AJ is way better than all of DM's recievers combined. He's so tall and fast. Just throw lobs to him..anything! Just get him the ball! He needs to hire TO as his advisor.

Matrix

I really dont know how to heck to throw lobs in this years version without them being picked off :\ I know AJ is better but people just double team him and when I throw into double coverage its stupid and I end up getting picked off.Even when I have only single coverage on him all my passes get tipped down on lobs,Carr doesnt seem to have the arm strength this year to pull off the deep throws I did last year.

Andokuky

Banned
I can't throw deep balls to save my life. I can have Lelie or Smith with 5 yards of seperation, throw a deep ball and even if a LB is covering them, they catch up and swat it away or deflect it right to a teammate for the pick. It's really starting to piss me off.

Champ Bailey on kick returns too, always being run down by linebackers from behind.

Rorschach

Slo said:
I think it's just that EA has replaced the random "super human jump ball catch" with jetpacking.
They still fly across the field sometimes. I find myself screaming "WTF SUPERMAN OMG" several times per game. Lone can attest to this. :\

Matrix

I think DM should teach us all the art of the long ball,hes pulling it off with the Bucs...explain yourself DM!

i can make those throws in practice but for some reason when i play online the ball just doesn't get the flight/lead that it needs to for deep balls. not like i have the players to consistently make those types of catches anyways :(

p.s. but netiher does dm! fuck galloway!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i can make those throws in practice but for some reason when i play online the ball just doesn't get the flight/lead that it needs to for deep balls. not like i have the players to consistently make those types of catches anyways :(

I can't get the air under it either, it's a bit annoying when your guy has the step then has to slow down to try and make the catch.

ColdBlooded33 said:
GG CK. LT has been slowed for a game, but will damn sure be back next week!

Thanks man you had a great game on passing D. Eli threw for 32 yards. Sickening performance on my part. We meet at least one more time during the season, should be fun. :D

PS: You really don't want any idea as to how long I gameplanned/strategized/practiced just to stop LT. It worked, but I won't be so lucky next time. :(

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
Jay are you around? Im ready to go any time you are. Cowboys are playing tonight so Id like to catch the game but will play whenever is convenient for you.

I apologize man, I had to work later tonight than I originally thought and I had a thing with a female come up so............yeah. I apologize again, but it's 11:15pm central time and I just got home, I've been gone since 8am this morning. I'll be on live in 5 minutes so we can get that game in.

JayFro

JayFro

Banned
Newsflash! I lost another friggin game arggghhhhhhh!

Good game hg, you just seem to have my number defensively. I just can't get anything through that defense. Well done.

JayFro

DJ_Tet

Banned
newsguy said:
DJ Tet, when do you want to play? Saturday during the daytime is good for me.

I can probably squeeze in a game on Saturday, but don't hold me to it just yet. I'll at least be watching GT/Auburn, I'll let you know tomorrow if I can get a game in on Saturday sometime.

JayFro

Banned
DJ Tet,

Looks like we play in week 5. Just to give you a heads up I'm leaving tomorrow for the weekend and won't be back til Monday. I can play our game Monday night if you would like or late Tuesday night. Let me know what you want to do.

JayFro

Rorschach

Dskillzhtown: When can we get our game in? I know you're busy, so just mention a time that's best for you and I'll see if I can meet it. I'm available most of tomorrow and Saturday and all of Sunday.

AIM: Hawakubo
Live: r0rschach

man everyone is going out of town and having a good time, meanwhile i have to f-ing work. i guess that's the price i pay for getting a 3 days off the next weekend (road trip to san fran to see the 49ers opening day victory!)

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
man everyone is going out of town and having a good time, meanwhile i have to f-ing work. i guess that's the price i pay for getting a 3 days off the next weekend (road trip to san fran to see the 49ers opening day victory!)

I'll be making a road trip to Buffalo next Friday to catch the Texans :D get their butts kicked on opening day :( ,but I wont be back till Tuesday.

I'm sure I'll get my week 5 game with Slo done before than cause the deadline will fall before that,but I'm not sure what im going to be able to do about my week 6 game since I'm facing DJ Tet who cant play as fast as some other people.

PS- No one can touch my Texans,thats not an option.

So DJ Tet if you read this post,I have to find a way to get our week 6 game in next week against you.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
I'm telling you,the Steelers play nothing like their real life counterparts,cursed indeed I guess.

I played two random guys online tonight that were pretty amazing with the Steelers. Maybe they were using this years control scheme. :lol

You blaming the Steelers for your play is like people thinking I'm gonna do well just cause I use the Falcons. Nice try. :D

DJ_Tet

Banned
Matrix said:
I'm not sure what im going to be able to do about my week 6 game since I'm facing DJ Tet who cant play as fast as some other people.

So DJ Tet if you read this post,I have to find a way to get our week 6 game in next week against you.

I'm sorry but wtf? Have I held up a week?

We'll play but seriously, wtf. *bites his tongue*

I didn't realize I would be pressured to play a game every other day, that's kind of why I voted for four days between games. If I'm holding you up Matrix feel free to petition me out of the league.

Seems like every post you make has more drama...*bites his tongue so hard it bleeds*

We'll get our game in, even if I have to actually write my stats down on paper and wait till FMT unlocks the game.

edit---That may have been harsh, but I'm leaving it unedited. I apologize if you are offended. I've got my week 4 game scheduled for Saturday sometime, but sorry if I'd rather watch REAL football for the FIRST time this year than play a videogame. I'll get my week 4 game against newsguy in this weekend. My week 5 game has already been pushed to monday night at the earliest due to no fault of ANYONE except for, I don't know, real life? Tuesday night will be the latest that game will be played. That leaves us three days before you go to Buffalo to watch your Texans get run. That's on YOU, not me, so don't put it on me. I'll be around, and we'll get our game in, I just didn't appreciate your attitude. I'm sorry if I came off like a jerk, but, so did you in my opinion. We'll play again, and maybe you'll get your revenge, but I see NO reason to call me out several times in your post. I haven't held up a week, and you don't need to insinuate that I may miss your post. I'm pretty sure there are 30 people in the league, and I'm one of about 10 that actually have posted in this thread. You didn't need to ask "if I see this post", you know I'm here. God forbid I wanted to postpone my game with fiddy for a day, it didn't go PAST any league deadline, and quite frankly, I'm a little upset that you (or anyone) would question my involvement in the league. I've got a writeup to do on my latest game, where are your writeups? They aren't required, but last I checked I wasn't required to play a league game every damn day, or even every other day.

Again, it's nothing personal and I'm sure you didn't mean to come off how I perceived you to come off Matrix. We'll get our game in, don't sweat things so much. I'm not going anywhere, I'll be around.

edit #2---For any of my future opponents, I won't be free AT ALL to play any league games from 1 pm est to around 7 est on ANY sunday. Some saturdays may be taken up too. I'm sorry that I would rather watch real football than play a videogame. Perhaps I should have considered that before I joined the league, but I figured people here would rather watch real football too? I mean, that's what you are doing Matrix, yet you throw in a snide little comment insinuating that I am holding up the league, when I'm not.

I'm more than free to work around people's schedule, if you are going out of town then let me or FMT know and we'll figure it out. Don't just drop statements like "he doesn't play every first day like the rest of us." I voted for four days for a reason, and if you can't respect that take it up with FMT or the other 25 people that voted for four days.

That pissed me off and it's not all your fault Matrix, like I said, I'm sorry for taking it personally. You're still cool in my book because I think you didn't intend for me to take it like I have. But I am going to stand up for this, I will NOT be pressured into playing a game a day or two. I don't have the time or patience for that, and I feel like the league suffers like that. Everyone try to excercise a little patience, there are more important things than playing an online Madden game.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fifty said:
Yeah I don't think Heap has been doubled once this season. Bring it on.....You in Heap big trouble!

I doubled and tripled Heap plenty of times, just not on your first play of OT. I won't make that mistake again ;)

Drey1082

CP, like other people in this league, i'm extremely busy this weekend. I should be able to play durring the day sometime on sunday at the earliest. Possibly saturday night, though it's highly doubtful.

Top Bottom