• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bucs came back down to earth on offense this week,Steelers really do stink.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I caught some very lucky breaks today against DMczaf. I guess making up for my last couple games where i didnt get any. GG

DMczaf

DMczaf stars in INDIANA JONES AND THE LOST OFFENSE OF TAMPA!

indiana-jones-photo.jpg

newsguy

DJ_Tet said:
News, I won't be home until later tonight after dinner. Will you be free this evening to play?
Yeah, the later the better. I left my IM up at home with a message in case you IM me. I'll be home around 10pm but I can play anytime after that as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As mentioned, the defensive master HG managed to pretty much shut me the hell down. 178 yards of total offense. Luckily my D stepped up big time. GG HG, as always.

Slo, are you ready to own my DBs with your passing attack?!? I know I will have the lube handy for when your D comes around looking for some "fun". :( :( :(

PS check out our topic on the gaming forum: http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=61821

Slo

I'm going to play Matrix tommorrow night. I suppose we could play directly after that, but I'd really rather not. I need some time to prepare.

Edit: Nice post on the gaming forum, and thanks for the props. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
I'm going to play Matrix tommorrow night. I suppose we could play directly after that, but I'd really rather not. I need some time to prepare.

Edit: Nice post on the gaming forum, and thanks for the props. :)

We uh.... aren't supposed to play until Wednesday.

But yeah I can play tomorrow. In fact, I would want to play tomorrow assuming it's not too late.

Slo

We'll see. I'm already really pushing it with Nagzilla. I get kind of obsessive with all this league shit, and I start to neglect other responsibilies. I may need to crash on your couch for a few weeks if I push it much further. :D

BTW, the happened to the Week 4 Cards/Colts game?

Slo said:
BTW, the happened to the Week 4 Cards/Colts game?

Hopefully it can get done today. Drey didn't seem to be around last night at 6pm when I was finally free to play. Got up around 4am (couldn't fall back asleep) and saw his away message was finally gone, but no luck. Hopefully he is around today to play.

Lonestar, if you want to play I'm ready to go whenever.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CP, bout to go to breakfast with the family, should be back by around 1 pm EST or so, and I'm pretty much free for the rest of the day. I'll check back later if you have to have a specific time to shoot for tonight.

Lonestar said:
CP, bout to go to breakfast with the family, should be back by around 1 pm EST or so, and I'm pretty much free for the rest of the day. I'll check back later if you have to have a specific time to shoot for tonight.

Best time is probably early afternoon sometime. I'm free pretty much the whole day, besides tonight for a few hours when I need to go out to dinner with the family.

Drey1082

Wow worst game ever...

I'm up by 10 in the first quarter, and then manning goes down, then the second string guy, then stokley....

Wow, just wow.

Rorschach

Drey1082 said:
Wow worst game ever...

I'm up by 10 in the first quarter, and then manning goes down, then the second string guy, then stokley....

Wow, just wow.
Wow talk about the Colts curse in full effect...

[edit] Just curious, Cloudy...what did you change in our week 2 game? :p

Cloudy

Banned
Just curious, Cloudy...what did you change in our week 2 game? :p

I was wondering why some of the games on my schedule are bolded and some aren't (I figured out that the wins are bolded doh).

I went through and saved on the game stats for both but I don't even think it's possible to edit anything on those after they've been locked :p

newsguy

FMT, Fifty or anyone who's in charge. I think I put that I had a passing TD in my game with DJ Tet. It was actually a rushing TD. I think the individual stats are right though.

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
I was wondering why some of the games on my schedule are bolded and some aren't (I figured out that the wins are bolded doh).

I went through and saved on the game stats for both but I don't even think it's possible to edit anything on those after they've been locked :p
Ah. Was just curious seeing all week 5 games except for 1 heh

KingV Post here on when you wnat to play, please.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just found out I am going to Boston next weekend, likely from Friday until Sunday afternoon when I beat feet to try and make it home before the Giants game. So uh, Slo we should plan accordingly.

JayFro

Banned
DJ Tet,

You around? I can still play tonight if you want or I can play tomorrow in the morning 11am central time. I can also play tomorrow night but it would probably be 11:30pm central time. I work late.

JayFro

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No problem,GG.

Time was not on my side,I wasted a stupid timeout in the 3rd quarter to go for a 2 pt conversion and I couldnt stop the run up the middle to get the ball back in the 4th,ugh.

Slo

Wellington said:
Just found out I am going to Boston next weekend, likely from Friday until Sunday afternoon when I beat feet to try and make it home before the Giants game. So uh, Slo we should plan accordingly.

Ok, which night would be best for you?

Slo

Matrix said:
No problem,GG.

Time was not on my side,I wasted a stupid timeout in the 3rd quarter to go for a 2 pt conversion and I couldnt stop the run up the middle to get the ball back in the 4th,ugh.

You too.

Fifty

GG? What is this BS!? I want to see some fire! Some passion! Someone has to beat Slo...and if Slo beats you, I want to see your pupils burning!

DMczaf

JayFro said:
DJ Tet,

You around?

Considering the week doesnt advance until Wednesday, dont expect to see him about this thread until then. Oh, you'll see him around the rest of the forum though!

DJ_Tet

Banned
DMczaf said:
Considering the week doesnt advance until Wednesday, dont expect to see him about this thread until then. Oh, you'll see him around the rest of the forum though!

Where's your snappy funny pic to go with?

JayFro, I'm around but I don't feel like playing tonight. Let me know when/if you can play tomorrow.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
Ok, which night would be best for you?

Fuck I just remembered that Wednesday I am going to a Yankee game. Thursday would be good. I'm trying not to stay up too late since I gotta be up at 5 every morning, but I know you prefer to play late, let me know when is good for you I am around all night Thursday and the latest I would like to start the game is 11:00 PM EDT.

Fifty said:
GG? What is this BS!? I want to see some fire! Some passion! Someone has to beat Slo...and if Slo beats you, I want to see your pupils burning!

I'm gonna put this here now for after my loss.

ssj3goku29sz.jpg

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU SLO! I AM GOING TO TRAIN IN 1000X GRAVITY FOR THE NEXT TIME WE PLAY!! IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT TO THE SUPERBOWL I WILL CONSIDER YOU THE BIGGEST CHICKENSHIT ON THE PLANET, SCARED TO FACE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAAAIOOOOKOEEEEEN TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMEESS TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!
"

Better?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
YES... i was just told that the white and black run pass glitch was fixed... sorry if this is old... but that really made me play scared... now i can open my playbook.... sorry guys

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Malleymal said:
YES... i was just told that the white and black run pass glitch was fixed... sorry if this is old... but that really made me play scared... now i can open my playbook.... sorry guys

They released a patch?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
must have ... I am playing someone who told me and he has been told by someone... and his white and black are now L and R

newsguy

Malleymal said:
must have ... I am playing someone who told me and he has been told by someone... and his white and black are now L and R

Hmm, my L & R replaced the black and white buttons when I played with the Madden 05 scheme, so that could be it.

JayFro

Banned
DJ Tet,

I can play tomorrow morning 11am central time or I can play tomorrow night 11:30pm central time or after. Let me know whats better for you.

JayFro

KingV

Rorschach said:
Ah. Was just curious seeing all week 5 games except for 1 heh

KingV Post here on when you wnat to play, please.

Rorshach:

Sorry, I've been out of town man, just just just got back. I'd like to play tommorrow but am unsure if my schedule permits it at a time that would be convenient for you(I'm also on a flag football team and we have three games this week due to my boat being on leave for the last two weeks, but I don't know what days they are yet). I figure I'll be home by 8:30 PST regardless, but that may be too late for you. It's easiest to catch me via AIM, since I'll see that as soon as I get home from work, name is SSNTom80

Ramirez

the proof is in the pudding ramirez! you switch to default controls and you win.

lmao,still did absurdly bad on the passing side,but I think that was my first game this year when I didn't throw a pick,and I gave up a huge running TD by missing about 5 tackles because I couldn't get the button switch right :lol

I went ahead and used Willie Parker since both of my RBs are hurt in RL,I like his speed a whole lot more,think I'll be sticking with him ;)

Slo

Ramirez, could you correct your Week 5 Offensive Touchdown number please? Those are Minnesota Viking type numbers....

Ramirez

Hehe,those stats were already there when I logged on to the page,I had to write them down cuz I had to unhook my router...anyways,fixed it.

Top Bottom