• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slo

Wellington said:
Fuck I just remembered that Wednesday I am going to a Yankee game. Thursday would be good. I'm trying not to stay up too late since I gotta be up at 5 every morning, but I know you prefer to play late, let me know when is good for you I am around all night Thursday and the latest I would like to start the game is 11:00 PM EDT.

Thursday night is fine. I can probably start as early as 10 EDT, hopefully. Maybe even earlier, but you'd need to spot me 14 points. That's 1 TD for each brat that'd be trying to unplug my controller or trying to put makeup on me while we play our game.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU SLO! I AM GOING TO TRAIN IN 1000X GRAVITY FOR THE NEXT TIME WE PLAY!! IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT TO THE SUPERBOWL I WILL CONSIDER YOU THE BIGGEST CHICKENSHIT ON THE PLANET, SCARED TO FACE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAAAIOOOOKOEEEEEN TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMEESS TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!
"

I see your spikey haired femmebot and raise you John Randle.
JohnRandle.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
10 PM EDT would be great, considering I would have to enter stats and write up the article on my loss.

Or....

... We could play tonight and write down our stats. ;)

Slo

FMT or Fifty, just a heads up: In the matchup breakdowns, it looks like some of the rankings are wrong. For instance, the sacks allowed and interceptions thrown catagories seem to think that a higher number is better.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol @ the top story on league daddy.

I'm fairly positive I am going to lose to you, Slo, as has been my luck against you anyway. To that end I'm not going to waste the energy that I would normally put into prepping for a game with you. I played some games against the Vikings last night but that'll probably be it, I'll just do what I have been doing this season since it has yielded results. I am too focused on beating DM for the first time ever. THIS IS MY YEAR DM! BUCS DOMINATION STOPS NOW! GRIESEBALL DOES NOT STAND A CHANCE!!!

*Begin 3 game losing streak.... Now.*

Sounds like fun. A raping at the hands of the new Vikings D, a boning by LT out for revenge, and then being sodomized by DM and the Bucs for like the 90th straight time. :(

Someone fix my stats, I only threw 1 int against the Skins in week 2, not 2. As you can clearly see in Eli's stats, he has only thrown 3 INTs, and he has been the only QB under center this season for me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ck, neither me nor fifty fixed the stat and it says he has 1 int. you sure you're not thinking about another game?

Nah Fifty fixed it. Before it said Ints: Skins 1; Giants 2. Which is correct. But if you scrolled down it would say Ints thrown: Skins 1; Giants 2, which is the opposite of what it should say.

Rorschach

KingV said:
Rorshach:

Sorry, I've been out of town man, just just just got back. I'd like to play tommorrow but am unsure if my schedule permits it at a time that would be convenient for you(I'm also on a flag football team and we have three games this week due to my boat being on leave for the last two weeks, but I don't know what days they are yet). I figure I'll be home by 8:30 PST regardless, but that may be too late for you. It's easiest to catch me via AIM, since I'll see that as soon as I get home from work, name is SSNTom80
That's cool. Past 8:30 would be good for me (maybe 9 or so you can get situated?). I'll also be on aim. Hit me up even if I'm idle (hawakubo).

DJ_Tet

Banned
JayFro,

Just saw your post. I'll be there in a minute. I'm on AIM but I didn't see you there.

Hit me up Brian19756868 or Dook 91 92 01 on Live.

Good luck

Oh yeah, I don't use a headset in league games, too distracting.

Fifty

Ugh, we officially have balance issues. It's one thing when Anthony "Bitch Arm" Wright can only throw it to his all pro TE, but when Randy Moss has only 101 yards and 0 TDs compared to 183 yards and 3 touchdowns by Teyo Johnson it's officially fucked up. This TE stuff is out of control! Maybe it's just Rors, but 19 yards for Moss' longest reception?! Wow..

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
Ugh, we officially have balance issues. It's one thing when Anthony "Bitch Arm" Wright can only throw it to his all pro TE, but when Randy Moss has only 101 yards and 0 TDs compared to 183 yards and 3 touchdowns by Teyo Johnson it's officially fucked up. This TE stuff is out of control! Maybe it's just Rors, but 19 yards for Moss' longest reception?! Wow..

:lol :lol Man if i had moss he would be putting up huge numbers.

everyone in the league uses their TE more than their receivers... except me! look at eric johnson, one of the higher rated TE's in the game, and i only have 5 catches with him!

protip: to stop tightends, be sure to use shading to your advantage!

Cloudy

Banned
everyone in the league uses their TE more than their receivers... except me!

And me! And I have Marcus freakin' Pollard :lol

Recieving
Player Pos RCP YD RAVG TD YAC DRP LNGR
34 Jones, Kevin RB 9 106 11.8 71 1 30
80 Rogers, Charles WR 8 129 16.1 23 38
11 Williams, Roy WR 8 238 29.8 2 136 3 73
30 Schlesinger, Cory FB 4 22 28 13
88 Williams, Mike WR 3 54 1 6 26
81 Pollard, Marcus TE 2 62 21 37
82 Fitzsimmons, Casey TE 1 54 42 54
Totals: 35 665 3 327 4 73

Rorschach

Pfft...I'm telling you now, if you blitz me 2/3 downs, you're going to get a throw to my TE.

Second, look at the YAC. You know why moss' is so low? Because he's always in tripple coverage.

Third, look at the sacks...6 sacks. I was trying to allow moss to develop long yardage plays, but it wasn't possible with someone in my face every down.

It was ok the first quarter, but after that it was blitz blitz blitz.

If a reciever is open, I throw to him. If you rush the passer all day, I get rid of it ASAP.

I could have just as easily done the same with my HB/FB.

I wish you could count the amount of blitzes per game like in last year's league. It would be staggering to see those stats.

hgplayer1

Rorschach said:
I wish you could count the amount of blitzes per game like in last year's league. It would be staggering to see those stats.

if you get your stats emailed to you it says how many blitzes were called.

dskillz tomorrow night is good. I should be free after 8pm central time.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah i cant really argue that TE's always seem to be open, making it hard not to pass to them, especially if you have a good one.

Fifty

Yeah I wasn't commenting on his playstyle so much as the game's balance issues. Anyway......on to more pressing matters.

The league has advanced, your usual friends like player awards and games of the week are up, but we're also trying something new with the rankings this week, we're adding comments. Since to view these comments you have to go to the rankings page, there is a big bold link at the top of the weekly news that takes you to them. Forget going to the bottom of the main page for your rankings needs

Also, a "matchup of the week" is being test run this week. It should be a good addition and of course it will only get better. It's posted below the awards.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fifty said:
Yeah I wasn't commenting on his playstyle so much as the game's balance issues. Anyway......on to more pressing matters.

The league has advanced, your usual friends like player awards and games of the week are up, but we're also trying something new with the rankings this week, we're adding comments. Since to view these comments you have to go to the rankings page, there is a big bold link at the top of the weekly news that takes you to them. Forget going to the bottom of the main page for your rankings needs

Also, a "matchup of the week" is being test run this week. It should be a good addition and of course it will only get better. It's posted below the awards.

Boo, can't wait for the league to advance as scheduled or at least wait till all the games are supposed to be played?

Wil Witherspoon with his INT and Fumble Recovery 20 yards (no stats :() for a TD want a recount on Def POW.

Good game JayFro, that offensive pass interference on your last drive was a killer. One against three, makes the catch around midfield only to get some bull call. I have to question your first fumble too. I would have challenged the hell out of that in an offline game. Then the ball took this strange bounce to the outside as Spoon scooped it up and rambled into the endzone.

JayFro

Banned
DJ_Tet said:
Boo, can't wait for the league to advance as scheduled or at least wait till all the games are supposed to be played?

Wil Witherspoon with his INT and Fumble Recovery 20 yards (no stats :() for a TD want a recount on Def POW.

Good game JayFro, that offensive pass interference on your last drive was a killer. One against three, makes the catch around midfield only to get some bull call. I have to question your first fumble too. I would have challenged the hell out of that in an offline game. Then the ball took this strange bounce to the outside as Spoon scooped it up and rambled into the endzone.

Without that fumble for a TD were looking at 17-17 in the fourth quarter, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I just can't get things together in this league, I'm 1-4 now and I just can't figure it out. You probably heard me scream "what the fuck!" when Johnson got that offensive pass interference called in triple coverage, that was the final nail in the coffin. After that you sacked me in the end zone for the safety and game over. If I ever figure out the offensive side of the ball I might actually win 50% of my games, but whaddya do?

Good game.

JayFro

icedragon, is there anyway we can get our week 7 game in early? i know we are only on week 6, but unfortunately i'm not going to be around this weekend (going to san francisco for the rams 49ers opening game). i'm not sure when the round will advance (hell, could advance tomorrow for all we know with how fast people play!). i'd prefer to get it done before i leave but if you can't play before then let me know. i'll try to get it in as soon as i can.

JayFro

Banned
Mr. Bob,

When do you want to whoop my ass? I don't work tomorrow til 5:30pm central time so I can play pretty much at any point til like 3pm or so tomorrow. I'll also be available after 10pm central time tomorrow evening.

JayFro

DJ_Tet

Banned
JayFro said:
You probably heard me scream "what the fuck!" when Johnson got that offensive pass interference called

I didn't, but had I worn my mic you would have heard the same thing when he caught it ;) That's why I don't mic during league games, just a little more intensity there and I'd hate to offend someone with my lack of social grace lol.

Very good game, you really adjusted well and that second half was just a battle.

FMT today (Wednesday) I only have to work from 3-7 pm Pacific time. So whenever you want to get our game on let me know.
Same with you Drey

DJ_Tet

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
if you get your stats emailed to you it says how many blitzes were called.

Not only that but it tells your run/pass per down. Great stats in that email, it's a shame I haven't gotten one for the last three games I've played :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:

*COUGH* No, ME! 20 receptions to a WR! One of only 2 or 3 I'd imagine. My #2 reciever is my HB, 3rd is TE! So NYAH! :p

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
everyone in the league uses their TE more than their receivers... except me! look at eric johnson, one of the higher rated TE's in the game, and i only have 5 catches with him!

!

My top 2 receivers are my wide outs, my tight end is third. Trulize let me know buddy, when you are available to play.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I really don't see a problem if Shockey/Heap/Witten/Gates/Gonzalez/Crumpler lead their team with receptions, as that is actually the case with their teams (Heap notwithstanding last season due to injury). It's the scrub TEs and their domination that bugs me. I can see what Rors is saying, but I don't think anyone in their right mind blitzes that much. Teyo had 11 receptions against the Pats, and 10 against the Saints.

Another week, another loss by DM! Now when I lose to Slo it at least I won't lose a game in the divisional standings! Woooohahahahaha.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:

protip: to stop tightends, be sure to use shading to your advantage!

I dont,I use my receivers more...my players stats prove it :p

DJ Tet can you play either tonight or tomorrow? Also DCX I have to play you in my week 7 game earlier and save the stats cause I'm going on a trip to Buffalo to catch the Texans game and wont be back till Tuesday.Is that cool? I'll record the game stats,can you get the extra game in and save your player stats,I know its asking a lot.

Slo

Upcoming Matchup of the Week

Vikings at Giants - Two top teams meet in what expects to be an epic showdown. CK's undefeated record and Slo's amazing team butt heads. Who will win? Who will bring home the glory? Will CK play drunk? Will Slo's wife let him play at all? Tune in this week to find out the answers to these questions and many more!!

:-|................................ :lol

Edit: Oh yeah, if I ever win it all with the Vikes, I'll retire them and play as somebody else. Hell, I'll probably have to play as somebody else next season anyway. I heard the same stuff last year, and I'd like to prove that I can win without the super team. :)

Code:
Player	                Pos	RCP	YD	RAVG	TD	YAC	DRP	LNGR
81 Burleson, Nate 	WR	12	250	20.8	3	54	1	76
19 Williamson, Troy 	WR	12	228	19.0	1	49	5	70
85 Wiggins, Jermaine 	TE	11	203	18.5	1	79		43
87 Robinson, Marcus 	WR	7	123	17.6	1	19	1	38
23 Bennett, Michael 	RB	3	15			2		6
89 Taylor, Travis 	WR	3	36					19
83 Dugan, Jeff 	        TE	1	4					4
40 Kleinsasser, Jim 	TE	1	18			5		18
20 Williams, Moe 	RB	1	9			3		9

It's all about balance, TE whores!

Andokuky

Banned
My WR is tied with my TE in catches and my other WR is only 2 behind. They'd both be much higher than him but every time I try to throw deep the defender magically catches back up with them and swats it down. I try not to throw to the TE much because I always have the luck of the LB holding him back and then the pass is picked off. That or somehow Plummer overthrows the wide open TE and the pass is picked off. That happened in my last game against Baltimore when no one was with 10 yards of Putzier.

Chargers, I can play today before 4pm CST if you want.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:

DJ Tet can you play either tonight or tomorrow? Also DCX I have to play you in my week 7 game earlier and save the stats cause I'm going on a trip to Buffalo to catch the Texans game and wont be back till Tuesday.Is that cool? I'll record the game stats,can you get the extra game in and save your player stats,I know its asking a lot.
I can play you whenever you can Matrix, i'm free any time between 10am through 1:30PM and every night after 11:20PM. DreamcastKC=AIM, DCX gaf=Gamertag

DCX

DJ_Tet

Banned
Matrix said:

No problem dude. Lets shoot for tonight, I'll be back from the Ireland/France futbol game around 10 or so and should be free for awhile afterwards. If not tomorrow night's cool too, just let me know.

guys i was just messing around with the tightend shots ;)

but seriously, if someone is blitzing the shit out of you why not? TE's are a bit overpowered, but they can be stopped with proper use of shading and a little manual defense (COME ON LADIES IT DOESNT HURT TO GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY!).

and as far as teyo johnson goes (first off he wont be on the raiders roster in madden next week :D ) and secondly i'll sure as FUCK take my chances with rors throwing to johnson than throwing to moss.

TE throwing is a non-issue to me. it just means people are playing moochball!

DJ_Tet

Banned
Slo said:
WTF?! A euro soccer hooligan? BANNED

I'll have you know my blood is as red as the next American. That said, I like footy ;)

Shit, beats the fuck out of baseball, what else am I supposed to watch in the summer? NFL Europe? :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ,is that 10pm eastern?

If so I'll look for you on aim around then.

DCX,I'll look for you late tonight after I play DJ,if not I'll play ya tomorrow.

Thx guys :)

Top Bottom