• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Slo said:
I'm pissed as hell right now. Not at Wellie, he played legit, I'm just pissed because I got fucking worked. I was down 14 before I fucking knew what the fuck was going on. Couldn't stop the run for shit. Eli only had to throw 9 freakin' passes, and I gotta think all his completions were for first downs. I might as well have not fucking shown up.

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME

:lol :lol :lol I couldnt stop his run either. At the very least i stopped his passing game.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Slo said:
I'm pissed as hell right now. Not at Wellie, he played legit, I'm just pissed because I got fucking worked. I was down 14 before I fucking knew what the fuck was going on. Couldn't stop the run for shit. Eli only had to throw 9 freakin' passes, and I gotta think all his completions were for first downs. I might as well have not fucking shown up.

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME

Welcome to my fucking world.

God damn motherfucking SHIT

Good game Matrix, way to "whoop dat trick"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Dj,I pulled an MJ and won with a virus thats starting to own me.I play better ill,wtf is that about :(

DCX,We might not have to play tomorrow or so quickly,I'm feeling pretty ill and my temp is rising,now I'm not a 100% sure im going to the Texans game*cursed I am* ill let you know sometime during the day if I'm stuck at home sick or leaving *if we need to get the game done tomorrow*

Mrbob

SLO!

yourenext.jpg

DJ_Tet

Banned
Matrix said:
GG Dj,I pulled an MJ and won with a virus thats starting to own me.I play better ill,wtf is that about :(

DCX,We might not have to play tomorrow or so quickly,I'm feeling pretty ill and my temp is rising,now I'm not a 100% sure im going to the Texans game*cursed I am* ill let you know sometime during the day if I'm stuck at home sick or leaving *if we need to get the game done tomorrow*

Jesus christ, you're dying too?

Oh yeah, everyone else take your time this week. It's gonna be awhile before I get back on this horse.

I'm pretty sure I've never been so thoroughly owned in a Madden game before, at least not legitly.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:

Let me know.

DCX

greetings friends, i have to address a situation that came up with konex and azyuma. konex was leading with the ball late in the 4th and got disconnected. azyuma back out of the stats page and they had to replay the entire game which azyuma won handily.

if a player gets disconnected, whether it's you or your opponent, and you have the option to "continue vs. cpu", you MUST do that and take down the stats as they are and continue from that point. here we have a game konex was (apparently) going to win, but it turns into a blowout loss. this is very important. i know it's no fun taking down stats for both teams (especially in a game you are going to lose), but those are the rules.

also, azyuma, do you have the email from EA? because you couldn't record your player stats, i need to piece them together at least from the email (which has most of the stats that can be applied to players).

if you guys want to replay (i dont know if you and konex do or not) that would be fine, but i understand if you dont. let me know whats up

Cloudy

Banned
It was 30 secs left in the 3rd and I had the ball :p

I'm pretty sure I'd have won but who knows. I just feel the frustration of having to replay a game I was controlling made me play like crap the next game. Honestly I would like to play again tomorrow but I have no problem if Az doesn't want to. That's why I entered my stats before I started bitching :lol

JayFro

Banned
Slo said:

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME

I feel your pain, I was down 19-0 to Mr. Bob at the end of the first quarter, and my DB bit hard on play action in cover three on his very first offensive play and he threw a 72 yard TD to his wideout. As soon as that happened I knew I was about to get destroyed.

My only pride came from knowing that the last 3 quarters of the game I held him to 3 points. That was the only bright spot though. I just don't play this game enough, I only play my league games and continue to get destroyed or lose on freak plays or passes.

Mr. Bob played very well, good defense and a few plays he has definitely run before for big yardage. I'm just so frustrated because I can't pass the ball for a shit, you either have to pass high in coverage or hit giant pass plays for scores. Arggghhhhhhhhhh!

JayFro

AZ Greg

FrenchMovieTheme said:
greetings friends, i have to address a situation that came up with konex and azyuma. konex was leading with the ball late in the 4th and got disconnected. azyuma back out of the stats page and they had to replay the entire game which azyuma won handily.

if a player gets disconnected, whether it's you or your opponent, and you have the option to "continue vs. cpu", you MUST do that and take down the stats as they are and continue from that point. here we have a game konex was (apparently) going to win, but it turns into a blowout loss. this is very important. i know it's no fun taking down stats for both teams (especially in a game you are going to lose), but those are the rules.

also, azyuma, do you have the email from EA? because you couldn't record your player stats, i need to piece them together at least from the email (which has most of the stats that can be applied to players).

if you guys want to replay (i dont know if you and konex do or not) that would be fine, but i understand if you dont. let me know whats up

No I don't have the email from EA. Could someone link me to where I can set that up. Thanks.

I think its best we replay the game. Let me know when you can play tomm. Cloudy.

DJ_Tet

Banned
AZYUMA86 said:
No I don't have the email from EA. Could someone link me to where I can set that up. Thanks.

As far as I can tell they aren't sending them for whatever reason. It's been 2 weeks since I've gotten one :(

I've asked twice in this thread but maybe the third time is the charm, is ANYONE still getting these emails?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DJ_Tet said:
As far as I can tell they aren't sending them for whatever reason. It's been 2 weeks since I've gotten one :(

I've asked twice in this thread but maybe the third time is the charm, is ANYONE still getting these emails?

No, mine have stopped as well. Really kind of sucks as I wanted to study some stats of some games I have had the past 2 weeks.

KingV

JayFro said:
I feel your pain, I was down 19-0 to Mr. Bob at the end of the first quarter, and my DB bit hard on play action in cover three on his very first offensive play and he threw a 72 yard TD to his wideout. As soon as that happened I knew I was about to get destroyed.

My only pride came from knowing that the last 3 quarters of the game I held him to 3 points. That was the only bright spot though. I just don't play this game enough, I only play my league games and continue to get destroyed or lose on freak plays or passes.

Mr. Bob played very well, good defense and a few plays he has definitely run before for big yardage. I'm just so frustrated because I can't pass the ball for a shit, you either have to pass high in coverage or hit giant pass plays for scores. Arggghhhhhhhhhh!

JayFro

Honestly, someone needs to look at the stats for my games before bitching about being worked over.

JayFro

Banned
KingV said:
Honestly, someone needs to look at the stats for my games before bitching about being worked over.

Speaking of which, when do you want to play our week 7 game? I'm free tomorrow night around 10:30pm, or we can just wait til the week is open.

JayFro

Fifty

Bob, what was it you changed for three of your games? I see the stats have changed. What did you miss that you fixed? Padding those stats? ;)

CB3

Im away until about 5 everyday, but tomorrow i might be able to play around 1 or 2 PST. ill let you know

Drey1082

Ice, I should be around tonight around 7central, so if you're available then, that would be good.

I'll predict the outcome of the game now.

The team who takes the early lead will lose, since that has been the case in every game I've played. Wins and losses.

Slo

Drey1082 said:
Ice, I should be around tonight around 7central, so if you're available then, that would be good.

I'll predict the outcome of the game now.

The team who takes the early lead will lose, since that has been the case in every game I've played. Wins and losses.

NOBODY SCORE!

AZ Greg

Alright so me and Cloudy are going to replay our game tonight, one of the commisioners needs to reset our stats from the game so we can input the new ones.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
Matrix, let me know about the Week 7 situation. Trulize, buddy, get at me dawg!

DCX

I'm 90% sure I'm staying home,im pretty sick.If I feel better by tonight,can we play our week 7 game? If I dont feel good,we have time to play cause ill be home instead of leaving.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AZYUMA86 said:
Alright so me and Cloudy are going to replay our game tonight, one of the commisioners needs to reset our stats from the game so we can input the new ones.

I want to replay my game against Gun, CP, and News!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hello everyone. I have no clue who I play next cause I'm in a hotel lobby posting this.
Just wanted to let my oppenant know that I will be home late Friday night and available to play sometime this weekend. I think Saturday is pretty full but who knows.

Note: I think I play the Bills. Not sure.

ps. I got some sweet Falcons bracelets (like the Livestrong ones). Represent!!!!

Bioware was meeting in a conference room in my hotel and and peeked in and saw the screen had a bunch of Xbox360 stuff on it. That's all I could get. :D I know this has nothing to do with Madden, I just felt like I had to tell someone that might care.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Hello everyone. I have no clue who I play next cause I'm in a hotel lobby posting this.
Just wanted to let my oppenant know that I will be home late Friday night and available to play sometime this weekend. I think Saturday is pretty full but who knows.

Note: I think I play the Bills. Not sure.

ps. I got some sweet Falcons bracelets (like the Livestrong ones). Represent!!!!

Bioware was meeting in a conference room in my hotel and and peeked in and saw the screen had a bunch of Xbox360 stuff on it. That's all I could get. :D I know this has nothing to do with Madden, I just felt like I had to tell someone that might care.
I work this weekend but i can play morning til 1:30PM or late nights on the weekend, let me know what would be better for you. Dude save me one of those bracelets!!

DCX

DJ_Tet

Banned
Newsguy,

I will be at a concert tomorrow night and the game on Sunday. I know the week 7 hasn't been unlocked yet so I thought I'd give you a heads up. I should be free Saturday and Sunday nights and Monday too, so if you have a preference just let me know or I'll see you on AIM.

Matrix, hope you're feeling better soon man. It's gotta suck to be up in NY with a chance to see your team only to get sick :(

ps you deserve it after the ass raping you gave me ;) Jk buddy, hope somehow you're still able to get to the game.

DJ_Tet

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
who are you seeing in concert DJ?

Coldplay. I wish it was Radiohead but for $24 it should be a good time. I've heard they were solid live so it should be fun. Outdoor venue and lots of hot ladies and yeah, it will be good. I've got a hookup in the Bojangles booth for free beer too :)

Still, all will be forgotten on Sunday when we take the first step to making New Orleans residents "normal" again, by kicking their teams ASS! :)

coldplay!? man i hate that band. no offense. on the plus side maybe you can meet up with some sweet ladies.... then on the bad side you have to listen to the music :(

but, back to madden, these games aren't going to play themselves ladies! lets rock and roll!

CB3

I dont know what it is about GAF defences man, but for some reason i cant pass for shit against them. Any other game i play i do fine. But when i play one of you, i take huge sacks and throw stupid int's. GAH! GG Ando

Oh well, it will just make for a better story when i upset Welle next week :)

Edit: i took back my rushing leader spot at the top. At least somthing good came from that game

newsguy

DJ_Tet said:
Coldplay. I wish it was Radiohead but for $24 it should be a good time. I've heard they were solid live so it should be fun. Outdoor venue and lots of hot ladies and yeah, it will be good. I've got a hookup in the Bojangles booth for free beer too :)

*Napoleon Dynamite* LUCKY!

Anyway, sat. night is fine DJ. I'll be at the game sunday as well ;)

DJ_Tet

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
coldplay!? man i hate that band. no offense. on the plus side maybe you can meet up with some sweet ladies.... then on the bad side you have to listen to the music :(

but, back to madden, these games aren't going to play themselves ladies! lets rock and roll!

None taken. I like them but like I said, I wish they were Radiohead. Either way panties be flyin' at the show so it's a win/win. Throw in the free beer and wow lol

Newsguy, see you Sat night (if the week is unlocked). I'm sure we'll both be up ;)

Andokuky

Banned
Another 70+ yard TD run after the RB Mario runs behind the line for like 5 hours. I have a knack for giving those up lately. 11 of 13 wtf.. I found a new playbook but I didn't think it would make that kind of difference. Plummer actually resembles a QB now :lol

Fifty

GG Ramirez. You're getting your game back. It was fun as usual.

Sorry Slo! Anthony "Never been sacked' Wright lives to win another game.

Cloudy

Banned
Dammit, I suck. If I play aggressive, I throw INTs or go for a stupid 4th down. On the other hand, if I play conservative, I just run 3 times and punt.

I can't stop the run or the PA bomb either :(

Rorschach

Do you guys think they will be updating the rosters next week? If this was two years ago, there would be no doubt, but this year and a few months into last year, they've been dropping the ball on that regard.

Fifty

No, I don't. I've lost all faith in them. I sure hope they do. It's opening week...come on!

So many new guys have been added and Teyo Johnson shouldn't be the Raiders top TE :p Plus I want Boulware!!

Rorschach

Fifty said:
No, I don't. I've lost all faith in them. I sure hope they do. It's opening week...come on!

So many new guys have been added and Teyo Johnson shouldn't be the Raiders top TE :p Plus I want Boulware!!
Anderson FTW. TD today and more looks than Porter Curry and Whitted. XD

COLLINS IS CHEESING!

Top Bottom