• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cloudy

Banned
Stat correction: Terrance Holt had 2 pass deflections NOT forced fumbles in Week 5.

And he doesn't deserve to get any award since he fumbled after making an INT in Miami's 30 in the 2nd overtime *cry*

FMT, Fifty or CP, please fix the stats :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
HG, we can play tonight. Not sure what time, I should be home all evening though.

As far as the TE thing, it kind of sucks when it is close to a money play. I mean, when it is something that can be pulled out of a hat with no way to stop it. double TE Bracket sure as hell doesn't work. I have triple-teamed TEs and still receptions happen. This is not with Gonzales or Shockey, I am talking about scrub TEs. But I am not saying it is a problem, it is just an unbalanced part of the game. I am not going to abuse that fact to get a win. Just like the other unbalanced parts of the game in previous years, I feel like if you need to exploit it just to get a win, you need the win alot more than me.

Cloudy

Banned
and as far as teyo johnson goes (first off he wont be on the raiders roster in madden next week

You think the next TE on the depth chart won't have the same results? :lol

PS: No more Jgar >_<

Cloudy

Banned
As far as the TE thing, it kind of sucks when it is close to a money play. I mean, when it is something that can be pulled out of a hat with no way to stop it. double TE Bracket sure as hell doesn't work. I have triple-teamed TEs and still receptions happen. This is not with Gonzales or Shockey, I am talking about scrub TEs

Yah...seems like on 3rd and long, the TE always gets it and when you double and triple you leave someone else wide open.....or worse, he STILL makes the catch. I just don't see why I have to double some TE I've never even heard of so I don't even bother anymore and just hope for INTs :lol

Slo

What TE route is the problem. I rarely go to the TE on third down, do I just not know how to use my TE cheese properly?

newsguy

Rorschach said:
Newsguy: I can play tomorrow after 7 PST, Thursday any time except 6-8 PST, or Friday/SAT after 7PST.

I can play tonight at 9 PST which is midnight here. After that I wouldn't be able to play until saturday night.

Slo

Wellington said:
You can, but they'll be like 20 overall.

:( Get well soon buddy!
MattBirkSandwich-web.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo can you play tonight? Got tickets to Fridays Yankee game against the Red Sux and I would MUCH rather go to that than tonight's game with Tampa Bay... And now my friends want to leave for Boston after the game on Friday... I was supposed to "meat" (wink, nudge) up with this hoochie on Friday and now I will have to try and do that tomorrow... I get back Sunday... so yeah, has to be tonight if at all possible.

Slo

Sooo......if I agree you get to have sexexes, play Madden, and go to a Yankee game, and go to Boston with your buddies? But if I don't then it all falls through?

Meh, I'll think about it. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
Sooo......if I agree you get to have sexexes, play Madden, and go to a Yankee game, and go to Boston with your buddies? But if I don't then it all falls through?

Meh, I'll think about it. :)

:lol

Well as expected, I will lose! It's win-win buddy! I'll be around tomorrow, I just figured it'd be before you can play.

Then again, I still have to talk to the girl to see if she wants to meet tomorrow so that's not definite.

Fifty

Ramirez! When can you play? (Stop playing WoW!!) Thursday after the football game would be ideal for me because I have to get up early tomorrow and thus can't stay up that late. Let me know

KingV

LONESTAR

When do you want to do this game? I'll be available today intermittently. I'm jsut about to hit the Gym, but should be around most of the evening. AIM name is SSNTom80.

Slo

CK: I'm thinking 9:00 ish central time, but maybe as late as 10 central. I'll be on as soon as I can.

Aim: NateCantDance

hgplayer1

dskillz I gotta go do a few things then get something to eat. Ill be ready to play if you will be later tonight. Ill check back here when Im done.

Rorschach

newsguy said:
I can play tonight at 9 PST which is midnight here. After that I wouldn't be able to play until saturday night.
Tonight sounds good to me.

Wellington said:
I can see what Rors is saying, but I don't think anyone in their right mind blitzes that much. Teyo had 11 receptions against the Pats, and 10 against the Saints.
Pats get very good pressure on the pass. You neglected to mention how many catches TJ had the previous games. 5 and 3. kthx

come on guys, the TE's might be overpowering but they aren't unstoppable. when i play rors in 2 weeks i promise teyo wont have a meaningful game.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
come on guys, the TE's might be overpowering but they aren't unstoppable. when i play rors in 2 weeks i promise teyo wont have a meaningful game.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
Ricky Dudley FTW!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Tonight sounds good to me.

Pats get very good pressure on the pass. You neglected to mention how many catches TJ had the previous games. 5 and 3. kthx

Why would I mention a game in which Kerry Collins went 3 of 9, and Teyo had 4 receptions? It's clear you cut down on passing because of an injury to Collins. And you're right, maybe I shouldn't mention Teyo's 5 reception game, a game in which Kerry completed 8 of 13 passes. I mean those two games only help my cause when the full story is told, right?

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Why would I mention a game in which Kerry Collins went 3 of 9, and Teyo had 4 receptions? It's clear you cut down on passing because of an injury to Collins. And you're right, maybe I shouldn't mention Teyo's 5 reception game, a game in which Kerry completed 8 of 13 passes. I mean those two games only help my cause when the full story is told, right?
Collins gets injured all the time. He got injured last game too. :(

I forgot the first game wasn't mine ><

But yeah, uhm...moss unleashed tonight then you guys can complain about moss cheese.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:

:lol wellington wins round 1

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ I'm around now to play,I'll be on aim.

Fifty

_1113072_fassel150.jpg

There's a hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid
Of what you are
There's an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know
Will melt away
04_0107_tc.jpg

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you

Cloudy

Banned
Ok not to be a whiner but we need a new rule. If you're winning and DC in the start of the 4th with the ball and your opponent backs out of the stats, what happens? Cos sometimes you might catch a player off guard for one game and totally crap the bed when you guys have to play over :(

AZ Greg

Just got done playing Cloudy and input the game stats but when I switched to individual player stats my Xbox started making noises, then a message popped up saying "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged." Its in perfect condition =|
Usually it only happens with Halo 2. So anyway I need to know what to do.

CB3

You lost to Icedragon FMT? you are no longer worthy. I fully expect to rush for 100 yards AND more against you along with the W :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Managed to win in a game that was closer than the score indicated against slo. The one thing of note was that Michael Bennett managed to truck stick my defenders not once, not twice, but THREE times. I was pulling my freakin' hair out. Is there anything that man can't do in this game?!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
icedragon, is there anyway we can get our week 7 game in early? i know we are only on week 6, but unfortunately i'm not going to be around this weekend (going to san francisco for the rams 49ers opening game). i'm not sure when the round will advance (hell, could advance tomorrow for all we know with how fast people play!). i'd prefer to get it done before i leave but if you can't play before then let me know. i'll try to get it in as soon as i can.
Really?

Slo

I'm pissed as hell right now. Not at Wellie, he played legit, I'm just pissed because I got fucking worked. I was down 14 before I fucking knew what the fuck was going on. Couldn't stop the run for shit. Eli only had to throw 9 freakin' passes, and I gotta think all his completions were for first downs. I might as well have not fucking shown up.

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME

Top Bottom