• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

I need to find my game again, this is the final straw.

I need to train!

167.jpg

407.jpg

200.jpg

212.jpg

Fifty

meredith.jpg

Mickey: You know what you are?
Rocky: No, what?
Mickey: A tomato.
Rocky: A tomato?
Mickey: Yeah, and I'm running a buisness here, not a soup kitchen.

Fifty

Mickey: Hey Rock. It's three in the morning. I went up to your house there and they told me you was here. It's a 3:00am kid. You know that Adrian, she's a good girl. Me, you know I'm sorry for both of ya. There's nothing I can do about it. Except uh I wanna tell you this once and then uh I ain't gonna say it again. But Rock you got another shot. This is the second shot. At uh I don't know the biggest title in the world, and you're gonna be swappin' punches with, with the most dangerous fighter in the world. And just in case you know your brain ain't workin' so good. All this happens pretty soon and you ain't ready. You know you're no where near in shape. So I say for God's sake. Why don't you stand up and fight this guy HARD? Like you done before that was beautiful! But don't lay down like this! Like uh I don't know like some kind of mongrel or something. Cause he's gonna kick your face in pieces! That's right! This guy doesn't just wanna win you know, he wants to bury ya, he wants to humiliate ya, he wants to prove to the whole world that you was nothin but some kind of freak the first time out. He said you were a one time lucky bum! Well now I don't wanna get mad in a biblical place like this. But I think you're a hell of a lot more than that kid! A hell of a lot! But now wait a minute if you wanna blow this thing if you wanna blow it then damn it I'm gonna blow it with ya. If you wanna stay here I'll stay with ya. I stay with ya. I'll stay and pray. What do I got to lose?

10041719.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
I'm hoping to get my game in with Truelize tomorrow, but i haven't really heard from him...

DCX

I'm home now man. But I'm not up for a game tonight. I will be able to play sometime tomorrow though. I had a bunch of plans with the family but they were all doing stuff outside and it's pouring here now so I'm betting those plans are done for.
Let me know what time you can play tomorrow and we'll see what we can do.

Hit me AIM.
AIM = Truelize

Rorschach

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I'm home now man. But I'm not up for a game tonight. I will be able to play sometime tomorrow though. I had a bunch of plans with the family but they were all doing stuff outside and it's pouring here now so I'm betting those plans are done for.
Let me know what time you can play tomorrow and we'll see what we can do.

Hit me AIM.
AIM = Truelize
Well i have to work this weekend, so i can play up until 1:30 in the afternoon, then i have to go to work, i'll be back home around 11:20PM...same deal on Sunday. So basically anytime in between those times i can play.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
Well i have to work this weekend, so i can play up until 1:30 in the afternoon, then i have to go to work, i'll be back home around 11:20PM...same deal on Sunday. So basically anytime in between those times i can play.

DCX

EST??

newsguy

Just thought I'd thank you guys for making me better at this game. Unfortunately my 6 wins don't show up in my online record so people think I suck. I played a random game today against a guy who was 20-5 and I beat him with my Dolphins. Luckily the guy played real football though, so I was able to play my game and I beat him with a FG with 5 seconds on the clock. I know it's no big deal to some of you, but playing you guys and the helpful tips from FMT has seriously improved my game from scrub status to competetive. :)

DCX

DCX
newsguy said:
Just thought I'd thank you guys for making me better at this game. Unfortunately my 6 wins don't show up in my online record so people think I suck. I played a random game today against a guy who was 20-5 and I beat him with my Dolphins. Luckily the guy played real football though, so I was able to play my game and I beat him with a FG with 5 seconds on the clock. I know it's no big deal to some of you, but playing you guys and the helpful tips from FMT has seriously improved my game from scrub status to competetive. :)
Yeah i agree...it's funny that i still lose, but most of my opponents outside of GAF have been playing non-realistic, so oh well. I'm 23-60!! Man i can't even believe i have played that many games.

DCX

Slo

Ok, I'm going to be gone to the Vikings game most of tommorrow. Either tonight sometime or maybe monday or tuesday.

Rorschach

Cloudy: I think you can definitely get better with the cone if you at least try. I didn't like it too much at first, but I totally dig it now. You'll also improve your game by being able to do precision passing. Everyone starts out bad, but you'll see that most week 1 teams are not equal to the week 15 teams even though they have the same owner. Everyone will have made progress on the new passing mechanism (I don't expect it to go away next year, either) and you'll have lagged behind. :\

Cloudy

Banned
I can probabaly play with it on but it takes away from the game for me. It should not be that involved to pass IMO!

Maybe when I am totally comfotable passing w/o the cone...

Fifty

If anyone happens to be ready at this hour, feel free to start playing. I won't advance for 20-30 minutes but by the time you're done it'll have advanced. Gotta do the hard work now!

Fifty

Whew.....All awarded up and the rankings are complete. I'm pretty proud of them this week so I hope people appreciate them :) Enjoy the new week.

DCX

DCX
Good Game Truelize, you some some god awful, crappy luck in that second half...i have been on the receiving end of those and i wouldn't want to wish against me worse enemy..

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
I can probabaly play with it on but it takes away from the game for me. It should not be that involved to pass IMO!

Maybe when I am totally comfotable passing w/o the cone...

That could be awhile :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
Good Game Truelize, you some some god awful, crappy luck in that second half...i have been on the receiving end of those and i wouldn't want to wish against me worse enemy..

DCX

Yeah that was a little crazy. That wasn't bad luck though, that was just bad play calling. I wasn't even in danger of being sacked on any of those INT.

I played probably my best half of madden yet in the first half. I had over 100 yards rushing and was doing whatever I wanted to DCX. Then he dominated the ball in the 3rd quarter and when I got it with 1:11 left in the 3rd I just had no game anymore. DCX intercepted my first throw on 5 consectutive possesions and knocked a fumble loose on one kickoff. 6 turnovers in less than a half.
Oh well. I'm still very proud of what I did to his run game and for the rushing success I had in the first.
My goal now for the season is to get into the top 10 in rushing. I will be there. For sure.
I don't think I will win another game this year though. A
At least I will get to keep my Falcons for next season. :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX,let me know when you can play our week 7 game.

I'm good for Sunday night,anytime past 11 pm eastern.

Fifty

Don't play him. He's not going to be watching the Colts/Ravens (best game of the week clearly) game. In fact, I think he should be kicked out of the league for saying he can play before (at least!) 11:30. Give Suzy Kolber the respect she deserves.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Don't play him. He's not going to be watching the Colts/Ravens (best game of the week clearly) game. In fact, I think he should be kicked out of the league for saying he can play before (at least!) 11:30. Give Suzy Kolber the respect she deserves.

:D

Newsguy your the only person to have destroyed me in the League (Only 10 points :(
Should you happen to meet me in the Superbowl (Doubtful) that would be my rematch of the Century. Keep it up, I either want to take you on OR the battle for New York against the Giants.

Slo

Sorry MrBob, I missed you IM. I'm off to the Metrodome, and probably 72 hours worth of victory party afterwards. It'd probably just be easiest if you forfeit and give me the win. :D

Cloudy

Banned
Drey:

Atreides815: post on GAF to Drey1082 that I am leaving for business travel today at 4PM EST, and that I won't be back until Wed night at 8PM EST

Atreides815: if he can play today, good, otherwise, it will have to be Wed night

Mrbob

Slo, I know you are probably pissed about the Vikings choke job today, but I hope your wife gives you permission to play our game later tonight!

Slo

From DJDemon this morning on AIM

to Drey1082 (my wk 7 opponent) that I'll be out from today at 4PM until Wed night around 8PM, so if he can't get a game in today then we'll have to do it Wed night

Bob, I'm kind of going through a difficult time right now. I'll think about madden after I stop crying.

Mrbob

Slo it would be best if we try to get the game in tonight.

Monday and Tuesday are tough days to get games in for me. I'm usually not home for most of the day and when I get home I'm usually too tired to play.

Top Bottom