• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
I dont know what it is about GAF defences man, but for some reason i cant pass for shit against them. Any other game i play i do fine. But when i play one of you, i take huge sacks and throw stupid int's. GAH! GG Ando

Oh well, it will just make for a better story when i upset Welle next week :)

Edit: i took back my rushing leader spot at the top. At least somthing good came from that game

:( You're going to pass for like 400 yards on me aren't you?

I got a busy weekend, and will look to recover Monday. Can you play Tuesday night? You're the first person that's seeing me twice, so I'm going with a different strat this time around on offense... which probably means I am going to be shut out. :|

Slo

Wellington said:
:( :( :-\ Shucks, I'm only 6-0, I'll probably get blown out. *sigh* I'm #1 in power rankings and #4 in overall leaguedaddy ratings, I suppose I might as well play the game. Even though I'll probably lose. Don't know why I bother though. *sigh* I just hung 190+ rushing yards on the former #1 ranked D in the league, but I don't know why I even bother. My three game lead in the my division will never hold up at this rate. :( :( :( :( :(

DSC02083.sized.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Please, don't give me this bullcrap. As you saw in our game, I have been getting incredibly lucky breaks. What would have happened had I not caused and recovered that fumble? You would have kept running and ground my defense to a pulp because the score would have been a lot closer, is what. You thoroughly out gameplanned me, had you not played as the safety and missed easy tackles the game would have been much different. Jacobs broke the 80 yarder for the TD on a missed tackle and a truck stick hit, Tiki broke the 23 yarder on a spin move when you took control of Chavous, so that's already 103 of 191 yards. It took 17 carries to get the other 88, I'm not going to go into specifics of what I took advantage of that game since I don't want to come across as condescending, but I don't feel you played to stop the run.

Fact of the matter is this, I planned to pass pass pass in that game, and I played a hell of a lot of online and offline games against the Vikes and other teams (hint: the news article on LD tells you who I played) to be able to beat good secondaries. I could beat them, but your pass rush was such a high pressure one I had no time to drop back so I ran.

With Michael Bennett/Daunte Culpepper/Moe Williams running for 92 yards on 20 carries (Most successful rushing attack against me this season behind Jason) on my defense, I fully expect LT to destroy my LBs and secondary. And yeah, maybe you should give some of our new players more credit...

As far as my record goes, I feel have been incredibly lucky, but at the same time I have not faced guys the calibre of MrBob, FMT, DM, or Fifty yet, so time will tell. Everyone has off-days and we know how ornery I can get after losses from last year's game (we all know how you get now, apparently) and I'm just trying to deflate that by going in expecting a loss.

Slo

:lol :lol

Don't take things so seriously, friend. I'm not crying about my loss in our game, but I think the only one still holding onto that "underdog moniker" is you. If you want to lose that moniker, then drop it already! :)

Give yourself some credit. You're dominating the league with a 79 rated team. That might take just a *tiny* bit of skill.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Don't know if CK is dominating in any one field, it's more like he's solid on almost all facets of the game. Good scoring offense and defense, good defense solid offense, not TOO many turnovers.

Lonestar

It's the team performance I'm trying for, I know that much. I've got too many INT's though, it hurts my chances, and last few games I've either given up too much in the air or running, though thankfully not both at the same time.

Slo

Oh, and Wellie. If you're seeing an obvious flaw in the way I play the run, I wouldn't mind a lesson or two. :) To be honest, I felt I sold out completely to stop the run and completly ignored the pass, which is mostly why I was so frustrated that it didn't work.

And yeah, I majorly fucked myself on a couple of clumbsy, dumbass tackles. Such is life.

DCX

DCX
I played a "practice" game yesterday and despite the score i felt pretty good about my chances. Once again i played pretty good D just gave up BIG/HUGE plays in the passing game. I think the more i play, the more i will be aware of certain plays developing. I think a can win two of the next three. I hope :D

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright fine, I overreacted. :| It was bound to happen in a Madden topic right!?

So is Tuesday good for you Cold? I hope they do a roster update and remove Gates for one game. :lol

Slo

Wellington said:
Alright fine, I overreacted. :| It was bound to happen in a Madden topic right!?

Done and forgotten. But seriously, please PM or something about what I was doing wrong against the run. It'll save me hours in practice mode trying to figure it out myself.

newsguy

Rors, I'm getting off early today, so I should be home around 6 pm eastern. What time can you play? Let me know, just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm free earlier, but it's at your leisure.

Cloudy said:
CP, when do you want to pwn me? :(

I'm available after 10et on weeknights and it varies on weekends

I guess Saturday would be the best. I have no idea what is going on tonight. I could end up being home or not.

Mrbob

oh yeah? Oh yeah? OH Yeah??? OH YEAH? OH YEAH?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

DON'T TALK SMACK ABOUT ME LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN. NOW YOU'RE TOAST.

Slo

Hey Bob, I need a favor. Could you please go to LeagueDaddy and find out who's ranked #28 in opponent record for me? I need that bit of information because I want to create some charts and graphs outlining how I'm going to grind your team into field turf.

Any help would be appreciated.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:

So is Tuesday good for you Cold? I hope they do a roster update and remove Gates for one game. :lol

Yeah should be good for me. :lol ill keep my trashtalking on hold until then, but i guarantee LT will not have a 75 yard game like he did last time

Lonestar

ColdBlooded33 said:
Yeah should be good for me. :lol ill keep my trashtalking on hold until then, but i guarantee LT will not have a 75 yard game like he did last time

gOOOOO Wellie, Stop LT for Great Justice.

My division is the National League West. Great tight race of Sub .500 teams!

Fifty

4 games left. Everyone on track? I assume most people will be watching football this sunday, but that's when I was going to advance it. If that's a problem let me know. Since it's kickoff weekend I'll give people a tiny bit more slack.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:

60 yards? :)

Nah, I gave you a tip on how to break me wide open when we spoke that one time... I won't remind you. :p

Whatever though, it's the Giants, I'm not gonna go crazy if I allow 200 yards. We had a shitty run D at the end of the season last year. :lol

Fifty

CK, I hooked your boy Brandon Jacobs up with a picture. If anyone else notices a player of theirs (especially one making a dent in the stats) doesn't have a picture, let me know and I'll do my best to get him one.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dskillz, soon as you play HG, I want you to focus on your game with DM. I'll send you the finest of Dominican whores if you beat DM and clip my magic number for the division title to 7.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
Dskillz, soon as you play HG, I want you to focus on your game with DM. I'll send you the finest of Dominican whores if you beat DM and clip my magic number for the division title to 7.

DM, pfft. I already beat him with the Texans. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX,I ended up staying home,didnt feel like driving up to Bufallo with a temp of 102,so we can play our game whenever the league advances and as long as my meds keep my temp somewhat down.

This sucks the huge one that I couldnt go to the game :( If they lose it wont sting as bad,then again I dont want the Texans to lose :(

Andokuky

Banned
Can I get Chris Young added to my team? He's a safety. There is a guy on my team named Foxworth or something like that, he doesn't really exist but I've been giving him Young's stats.

dskillzhtown

I am online now...

Maybe we can try tomorrow, early in the day as you aren't online. I am pretty much jam packed this weekend with activities away from home. But up until like 1 Saturday I should be free.

hgplayer1

oh shit dude sorry bout that i posted that msg then kinda zoned out and started doing other stuff. i work tomorrow until noon so if you can still play right now ill jump on

dskillzhtown

hgplayer1 said:
oh shit dude sorry bout that i posted that msg then kinda zoned out and started doing other stuff. i work tomorrow until noon so if you can still play right now ill jump on

I can play right now, jumping online.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
Anyone up for some scrimmages later tonight? (I need to get a life >_< )

I'll play ya,being sick you might have a chance to beat me :p

Let me know in this thread when you want to play.

hgplayer1

gg dskillz

i was just not up for this game today. I cant believe how out of hand it got early on. throw an out, INT. try to throw over the zone, INT. try to throw to my RB out of the backfield, INT. seems like anywhere I threw there was double coverage. sometimes I just dont get how youre supposed to read defenses when no matter what formation they line up in they can just drop back into coverage and have everything covered.

then when i finally start moving the ball, pass completion to get me in the red zone, fumble. pass to my RB for a nice gain he shakes off a tackle, fumble. I was pretty much convinced I was not gonna win this game after seeing 3 easy INTs drop to the ground.

Fifty

Two games left. I think the only people we haven't heard from are Drey and Ice. If you can play by tomorrow at 12 that'd be the best because I was going to advance it then

Drey1082

Fifty said:
Two games left. I think the only people we haven't heard from are Drey and Ice. If you can play by tomorrow at 12 that'd be the best because I was going to advance it then

Me and Ice talked and we're going to play tomorrow morning.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I'm hoping to get my game in with Truelize tomorrow, but i haven't really heard from him...

DCX

Matrix

Konex 14

DM 6

OH MY GOD
shock.jpg

newsguy

newsguy said:
Dude, I'm done reading the comments here lol. Because people were saying Konex is no good, I underestimated him and he took me to triple OT AND picked me off on my end of the field. Thankfully his safety fumbled ;) Besides, it makes up for the 15+ dropped INT's by my DB's o_O After voting that he should use the cone, I take it back. He doesn't exploit it in a way that would make me say "that's cheap." He runs alot and he only threw long when it made sense. I only had 1 sack all game, but he was still pressured so it's not a big deal.

I warned you guys, don't underestimate MethaCone!!!

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Konex 14

DM 6

OH MY GOD
shock.jpg

What BS, he should have never scored a point. His first TD came when he dumped it off to a WR in double coverage, he then breaks the tackle and then the other guy dives at him and misses...43 yard TD. 2nd TD, there was no time on the clock and Konex punts the ball for no reason and I dont call a fair catch, i get hit and fumble.

I cant believe the amount of bad luck im getting in Madden lately, Ive only won 1 game in the last 2 weeks and that was against you when I had a 35-14 lead and you almost came back to win anyway! I cant win a game in the league, or out of the league!

Dont touch me or you'll catch it too!

crying.jpg

Matlock

Banned
<DMczaf> god, I lost to Konex in Madden because his WR broke 2 tackles on a short pass and ran for a 43 yard TD -_-
<DMczaf> it did feel like a NFL2K play lol

:lol

Top Bottom