• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Newsguy,

I'm sunburned and broken hearted, I don't think I'm up for a game tonight. Lets shoot for tomorrow night if that's cool with you.

Congrats on the big Dolphins win.

newsguy

DJ_Tet said:
Newsguy,

I'm sunburned and broken hearted, I don't think I'm up for a game tonight. Lets shoot for tomorrow night if that's cool with you.

Congrats on the big Dolphins win.

Hey friend, sorry about standing you up last night, I got called in to work. I was at the game today, huge win for the fins. Sorry about the loss. Tomorrow night is cool.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think there is a rule that whenever i play a league game, someone has to get injured and be out for the game. And not just some scrub either. Frustrating

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX,I'm around now to play,I'll be on aim.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Don't play. The game is on. You want to see stover miss his 4th FG

:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Azyuma,

I'll be home tomorrow sometime after 5 pm EST, and I'll be available pretty much until 11 - 11:30 pm. Let me know when you want to get the game completed. AIM is Mike31820.

Fifty

I want to demote myself in the power rankings for how awful the Ravens are playing in real life. Drey and I should switch spots. Come on Drey!

DCX

DCX
My god what a game!!! No matter how hard i tried to run away with this game, Matrix just would not lay down and die! Great game, i'm just amazed how tense it was...i'm glad i pulled away with that one...

DCX

Matrix

GG DCX,I think playing you a day ago really messed me up cause I didnt change my playbook on O.I felt like you knew what to expect out of my running game so I took to the air and I was sloppy.

Cousin David throws for 3 ints,just like today...EA KNOWS ITS SHIT!

I couldnt stand that one run you kept doing in the 4th,only way I could stop it was using goaline cause 3-4 was worthless against that play and if I went into goaline I took a chance on being burned with a pass,which happend twice *sigh* for td's.

I also picked a lovely time to cough up my first fumble,in the redzone of all places,I was lucky I picked you off right after,but damn I was going in for that td drive running and ended up only getting a fg out of it.

GG man...all my losses hurt,two games losing by a FG and one game losing by only 6 to Slo.

Turnovers,my crappy D and most of all time of possesion killed me.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
GG DCX,I think playing you a day ago really messed me up cause I didnt change my playbook on O.I felt like you knew what to expect out of my running game so I took to the air and I was sloppy.

Cousin David throws for 3 ints,just like today...EA KNOWS ITS SHIT!

I couldnt stand that one run you kept doing in the 4th,only way I could stop it was using goaline cause 3-4 was worthless against that play and if I went into goaline I took a chance on being burned with a pass,which happend twice *sigh* for td's.

I also picked a lovely time to cough up my first fumble,in the redzone of all places,I was lucky I picked you off right after,but damn I was going in for that td drive running and ended up only getting a fg out of it.

GG man...all my losses hurt,two games losing by a FG and one game losing by only 6 to Slo.

Turnovers,my crappy D and most of all time of possesion killed me.
Well to be honest, i have always knew your running game was great...i just needed to find some plays to contain it, i needed to make you punt a few times, i knew the Bills defense would hold if you took to the air, i got burn play after play on that one out looking thing for first downs all the time, man if i could have read that play...the outcome could have been much worse :) McGahee came up big about time! Things are coming together pretty good, 3 wins in a row?! Christ i was thinking i wasn't going to win a game last week...still fighting...i got the Jets next...6-1...man if i could steal a win that would make my season :) I know i'm dreaming but hey, i'm having fun!

DCX

KingV

JayFro:

You ready for a win against the Saints? Monday night would be great for me. I'm PST, but I'm not 100% positive how early or late I'll be getting out of work tommorrow. Probably not much after 3 PST. Easiest way to get in touch with me is via AIM, name is SSNTom80

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can either FMT or Fifty explain how the playoff setup will work? In the NFL it's the four division leaders and two wild cards, the two best records get a bye, best record gets homefield to the superbowl.

It's a little wonky for us with only 3 divisions per conference. Will it be the three division winners and 3 wild cards now? The NFC is crazy tight. :lol

Also, what are the tie-breakers? Head to head matchups, division record, conference record, strength of schedule...? Or is it something else in another order?

I need to know, I fully intend on ending at .500 and barely making the playoffs, like a true NFC team. :(

Slo

Wellington said:
I need to know, I fully intend on ending at .500 and barely making the playoffs, like a true NFC team. :(

Watch out for the ol' 1-8 losing streak! :lol :lol

Anyway, it's still early, but if the season ended today I'd be watching the playoffs at home next to Mike Tice. :(

AZ Greg

Lonestar said:
Azyuma,

I'll be home tomorrow sometime after 5 pm EST, and I'll be available pretty much until 11 - 11:30 pm. Let me know when you want to get the game completed. AIM is Mike31820.

I should be good to go anytime during the period you said. Just send me a message on AIM when your ready. yumagreg1986

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Slo said:
Watch out for the ol' 1-8 losing streak! :lol :lol

Anyway, it's still early, but if the season ended today I'd be watching the playoffs at home next to Mike Tice. :(

Atleast you could sell tickets to the Super Bowl.

Slo

It's not my fault! Fifty stacked the schedule against me! I've got all top 5 teams in the league on my schedule, including 2 games with Fifty himself. I call foul!

hgplayer1

Rors I should have plenty of time to play our game tonight but I do have something I want to try to do right after work so Im thinking 7-7:30 central time at the soonest?

I had some time to play last night but I figured why ruin the euphoria of an opening day win by the Cowboys by playing Madden. :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Slo said:
It's not my fault! Fifty stacked the schedule against me! I've got all top 5 teams in the league on my schedule, including 2 games with Fifty himself. I call foul!

Don't even start complaining about schedules until you take a look at mine. I've been a bottom of the barrel player since day one and I got FMT twice, Gunstar twice, Wellie once, CP twice, dskillz and his Pats twice, Demon and his jetpacking twice and Matrix (as much as he complains that he's not as good I've seen his numbers get better really fast and he still has some incredible weapson on that team). This was not the right season for me to try and figure out how to play this new version of the game. Not at all.

I cry myself to sleep every night. :D

Slo

I cry whenever I feel like it!

2vikepack1200.l.jpg

Matrix

Truelize said:
Don't even start complaining about schedules until you take a look at mine. I've been a bottom of the barrel player since day one and I got FMT twice, Gunstar twice, Wellie once, CP twice, dskillz and his Pats twice, Demon and his jetpacking twice and Matrix (as much as he complains that he's not as good I've seen his numbers get better really fast and he still has some incredible weapson on that team). This was not the right season for me to try and figure out how to play this new version of the game. Not at all.

I cry myself to sleep every night. :D

My offense has gotten better as Ive gotten better with the cone,I'll still complain all day about my D cause its so off and on :(

I CRY ALL NIGHT AND DAY!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
My offense has gotten better as Ive gotten better with the cone,I'll still complain all day about my D cause its so off and on :(

I CRY ALL NIGHT AND DAY!

I really didn't like seeing your average reception yardage for one of your recent games. The last freakin thing we need is you figuring out how to use the long ball again. It's stupid enough that DM can do it with the Bucs. :p

newsguy

Guys, I have an OT question about franchise. I've always let the CPU handle my offseason stuff, but this year I wanted to trade for QB and stuff. I did it all, but now I don't have cap room and I can't go to training camp cause I'm missing players in certain positions. Do I have to start a new franchise or is there a way to get players for those positions?

Matrix

Truelize said:
I really didn't like seeing your average reception yardage for one of your recent games. The last freakin thing we need is you figuring out how to use the long ball again. It's stupid enough that DM can do it with the Bucs. :p

:lol My friend...I already have again :p

Matrix

I really need to step up my D for week 8 against Jayfro since Ive never played him before, I have no idea what to expect....should be fun win or lose.

My offense just needs to cut down on the turnovers,I wasnt having them the first few games cause I wasnt airing it out cause the cone was making me its bitch 90% of the time but I do need to feed DD the ball more if I plan on winning,he sets up my passing so well.

Andokuky

Banned
newsguy said:
Guys, I have an OT question about franchise. I've always let the CPU handle my offseason stuff, but this year I wanted to trade for QB and stuff. I did it all, but now I don't have cap room and I can't go to training camp cause I'm missing players in certain positions. Do I have to start a new franchise or is there a way to get players for those positions?

You have to release some players to make cap room then sign the players you need. There are always players on teams that make way more than they should. You can always find a guy you can cut that will save you 1-2 million. Sometimes though you just have to cut ties with a good player and instead of having say a stud defensive line, cut some of them and use that money to sign some young talent to develop on the line and a few other players in needed positions.

I seem to have a lot of luck building offensive lines. I have 5 starters in the 90's and backups in the 80's/90's after 5 years or so with every team I do a franchise with. I rarely play any of the games, just play GM and try to build Super Bowl teams. Here's a trick for you. Since you're going to have to release players, in the offseason go to "Staffing" and then "Change Owners". Change one of the CPU teams to human, change your team to CPU then back to human, and then change the first CPU team back to CPU. Now all of your cap penalties are gone.

newsguy

Andokuky said:
You have to release some players to make cap room then sign the players you need. There are always players on teams that make way more than they should. You can always find a guy you can cut that will save you 1-2 million. Sometimes though you just have to cut ties with a good player and instead of having say a stud defensive line, cut some of them and use that money to sign some young talent to develop on the line and a few other players in needed positions.

I seem to have a lot of luck building offensive lines. I have 5 starters in the 90's and backups in the 80's/90's after 5 years or so with every team I do a franchise with. I rarely play any of the games, just play GM and try to build Super Bowl teams. Here's a trick for you. Since you're going to have to release players, in the offseason go to "Staffing" and then "Change Owners". Change one of the CPU teams to human, change your team to CPU then back to human, and then change the first CPU team back to CPU. Now all of your cap penalties are gone.

Thanks alot man. I need to use your strategy cause the o-line is lacking sorely. I didn't realize how long the process takes, I was there for at least 30 minutes and didn't get everything done.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
:lol My friend...I already have again :p

You are freakin kidding me!?!?!?! Dang it. I might as well sell this game now. It sucks playing against you cause your Oline sucks, the Falcons Dline is pretty quick and does a good job against your run game and your Dline is suspect at best. So I go into the game as the favorite (not taking into the account our individual skills, just the teams themselves) and you just snap the ball and chuck it and make all these long bomb catches.
No worries I've learned some new strategies on how to guard the long ball and now that I know the rosters of each team a bit better I know which players to key on when I'm playing D.

Unfortunately, besides all that:

"I will not win another game this season"

Matrix

Truelize said:
You are freakin kidding me!?!?!?! Dang it. I might as well sell this game now. It sucks playing against you cause your Oline sucks, the Falcons Dline is pretty quick and does a good job against your run game and your Dline is suspect at best. So I go into the game as the favorite (not taking into the account our individual skills, just the teams themselves) and you just snap the ball and chuck it and make all these long bomb catches.
No worries I've learned some new strategies on how to guard the long ball and now that I know the rosters of each team a bit better I know which players to key on when I'm playing D.

Unfortunately, besides all that:

"I will not win another game this season"

Whats amazing is ive been able to stop the run in all my games besides two,they made the Texans D-line overrated.My O-line does suck but ive gotten better at getting the ball off quicker,something I wish Carr could do in real life.As the season has gone on ive gone from playing great D to doing a complete turnaround and am now putting up points with ease,running and passing.I'm starting to feel like im playing Madden 05 again,which is good and bad for me.

Still.....

I am the one with the deep pass again,but it wont matter anyway if my D doesnt step the hell up again like the first few games.

Fifty

Wellington said:
Can either FMT or Fifty explain how the playoff setup will work? In the NFL it's the four division leaders and two wild cards, the two best records get a bye, best record gets homefield to the superbowl.

It's a little wonky for us with only 3 divisions per conference. Will it be the three division winners and 3 wild cards now? The NFC is crazy tight. :lol

Also, what are the tie-breakers? Head to head matchups, division record, conference record, strength of schedule...? Or is it something else in another order?

Ending at .500 :lol Don't patronize us CK! You're using an awful team and you haven't lost.

Anyway.....It's up to FMT in the end, but I assumed it'd be 1 wildcard per conference. It could be 2, I just remember talking about it and 1 was mentioned. As far as tie breakers...the first is head to head, then I'm not sure. it'll be figured out.

Also, I didn't make the schedule, so don't blame me! :lol Although just setting it up the way it is takes TONS of effort and for that everyone should thank FMT.

T

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Ending at .500 :lol Don't patronize us CK! You're using an awful team and you haven't lost.

Anyway.....It's up to FMT in the end, but I assumed it'd be 1 wildcard per conference. It could be 2, I just remember talking about it and 1 was mentioned. As far as tie breakers...the first is head to head, then I'm not sure. it'll be figured out.

Also, I didn't make the schedule, so don't blame me! :lol Although just setting it up the way it is takes TONS of effort and for that everyone should thank FMT.

T
..... Well i guess i won't be making the playoffs....even if i had a decent record....

DCX

Fifty

Well it might be 2! Calm down people. I was just telling you what I remembered hearing. It's probably going to be 2.

Fifty

Konex to the rescue. Thanks. I've had a long day and figuring out which 4-3 team is in the playoffs now wasn't my #1 priority :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Reason I asked is that FMT said it would be NFL format, when it can't work like that because of the divisions.

I just played two tough games with CP. FUCK his cover 2!

Matrix

Fifty said:
Well it might be 2! Calm down people. I was just telling you what I remembered hearing. It's probably going to be 2.

"I'll lose my job if I dont make it this year Fifty! I will not calm down!"
capers1.jpg

You guys can remove FredEx KC from your XBL friends list. My 2 months free ran out.

I'll try and get a new XBL account by the time the next next week advances.

Top Bottom