• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Congrats to KingV.

Btw am I the only one reading the stats for the Saints wrong...I see two defensive tds listed and one passing td,that equals 21 points :\

KingV

Wellington said:
Congrats KINGV!!!!!!!!!!! Nice freakin win dude.

*cue "omg saints are america's new team"*

Thanks. I'll admit, some time in the middle of that game, after throwing two consecutive interceptions I almost threw my controller in disgust and let the computer finish the game for me. And, really, I got out played, even though I managed to win. Caught a few lucky breaks. I still for the life of me can't pass, or defend against the pass. I'm not even really sure what I'm doing wrong. I think I just may not be passing soon enough and my open guy suddenly becomes not open as 3 DB's just jet in and suddenly he's in triple coverage, and as for pass D, I think possibly my DB's might just be incredibly freaking terrible. It seems like passes just thread the DB's arms over and over again, no matter what kind of coverage I have going on or play I pick (doesn't help that whatever player I am using is generally very bad).

KingV

Matrix said:
Congrats to KingV.

Btw am I the only one reading the stats for the Saints wrong...I see two defensive tds listed and one passing td,that equals 21 points :\

I might have typed them in wrong, I'll double check. Ok... I did, fixed it.

guys relax, the playoff format has been set from day 1 (with tiebreakers and all, the league lets me dictate which tiebreakers come first etc). the playoff format is JUST like it was in the nfl when there were 28 teams. that is as follows:

3 division winners per conference (3 teams)
3 wildcards (dictated by the best records after the 3 division champs are crowned)

then the playoff matchups are as follows:

#1 and #2 = bye weeks
#3 Vs. #6
#4 Vs. #5

here are the tiebreaker settings:
------------

Display playoff standings?
Turn this option on to have playoff standings displayed on the standings page and the league home page. The following tie-breakers are applied:

Head-to-head record
Best division record (if same division)
Best record among common opponents
Best conference record (if same conference)
These are the current first 4 tiebreakers for the NFL. At some point these tie-breakers will be configurable.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Glad I wasnt seeing things King,my eyes play tricks on me sometimes...I was ready to post a pic of me needing an eye exam :(

Thanks for that info fmt.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DJ_Tet said:
I think you take things WAY too personally, in every thread.

It's a good strategy guide, for people who don't know football.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

hulk1.jpg

Well how would you feel if you worked on something for 10 hours only to have people trash it? Seriously though, I didn't include some of the stuff that I do take advantage of in 06 because it was too in-depth.

:lol @ you saying I take things way too seriously though.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Wellington said:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

hulk1.jpg

Well how would you feel if you worked on something for 10 hours only to have people trash it? Seriously though, I didn't include some of the stuff that I do take advantage of in 06 because it was too in-depth.

:lol @ you saying I take things way too seriously though.

I'd feel honored to have something I worked 10 hours on being published. People trash everything, I didn't trash it, I was just hoping, knowing you, it would be a little more in depth about the game and not rehash some of the basics of football.

And if I'm telling you that you take things too seriously, that should be an eye-opener ;) *that was kind of the point*

Matrix

Ck made me cry last season and Dj Tet did it this season.

*runs away*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DJ_Tet said:
I'd feel honored to have something I worked 10 hours on being published. People trash everything, I didn't trash it, I was just hoping, knowing you, it would be a little more in depth about the game and not rehash some of the basics of football.

And if I'm telling you that you take things too seriously, that should be an eye-opener ;) *that was kind of the point*

I offered to write another one for free for them and they declined. :( I was pissed because the GAF guys from last year's season 2 know how ridiculous I get when gameplanning. I had notes on everyone's playstyle last year, I am trying to avoid that this year. :|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
I offered to write another one for free for them and they declined. :( I was pissed because the GAF guys from last year's season 2 know how ridiculous I get when gameplanning. I had notes on everyone's playstyle last year, I am trying to avoid that this year. :|

:lol :lol :lol wow...

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I haven't done that yet, but i have been scouting using LeaugeDaddy and i have been actually practicing and writing down plays to use for situations and the such lately :)

DCX

DJ_Tet

Banned
Wellington said:

But you don't take things too seriously... ;)

DJ_Tet

Banned
Matrix said:
Ck made me cry last season and Dj Tet did it this season.

*runs away*

I didn't mean to make you cry, and you got me back in spades when you unveiled your new-found deep ball on me :(

Matrix

DJ_Tet said:
I didn't mean to make you cry, and you got me back in spades when you unveiled your new-found deep ball on me :(

If I had actually cried I would want each one of you to beat the shit out of me for being such a pussy,but I was just shocked and got my revenge :p

Ok maybe I had a tear....Konex gets first punch,I want to live.

Rorschach

Rorschach said:
HG: sorry for the late reply, but GAF was down and I couldn't find you on aim or xbl. Do you still want to play tonight?
Btw, latest I can play tonight is 1am PST

AIM hawakubo
xbl r0rschach

Matrix

Wellington said:
You gotta do whatever works when you have a shitty team. :lol

Man I still remember when you pulled out your notes and spilled the beans on our play styles and stats from each game in the thread....genius and madness.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
you know, I never did find out what your notes on me were. Remember any of them? Was it "Just hit X" ???

Rorschach

GG HG So many ints...I need to stop using the stick :p
Lots of close calls at the endzone that resulted in turnovers. In the end, the only one that could score a TD won the game.

Hey guys, 1 question. What does it mean when your QB just sits there and when you press a receiver button all it does is make his cone wider? I thought Collins was pump faking, but it wasn't that...

:lol Check out the NFC East...here's your chance, Lone!

hgplayer1

Rorschach said:
GG HG So many ints...I need to stop using the stick :p
Lots of close calls at the endzone that resulted in turnovers. In the end, the only one that could score a TD won the game.

Hey guys, 1 question. What does it mean when your QB just sits there and when you press a receiver button all it does is make his cone wider? I thought Collins was pump faking, but it wasn't that...

GG Rors

so many INTs? did you notice how many my players flat out dropped? this is why i hate this game with a passion. in that NE game I couldnt throw a pass that wasnt picked off and in this game my guys were dropping the ball all day. Dat Nguyen had 4 pass deflections. Im pretty sure 3 of those should have been INTs. I guess I shouldnt complain since I nearly threw my controller watching a pass go off Moss's hands in the end zone even though I had him double covered.

I made a decision on that one possesion when I got the INT and took over inside the red zone that I was going to throw the ball in the end zone and use PA to get my man open. well of course it didnt work but at least I didnt get sacked. it was really a stupid decision now that I look back on it but playing conservative hasnt gotten me very far so I figured what the heck.

Rorschach

hgplayer1 said:
GG Rors

so many INTs? did you notice how many my players flat out dropped? this is why i hate this game with a passion. in that NE game I couldnt throw a pass that wasnt picked off and in this game my guys were dropping the ball all day. Dat Nguyen had 4 pass deflections. Im pretty sure 3 of those should have been INTs. I guess I shouldnt complain since I nearly threw my controller watching a pass go off Moss's hands in the end zone even though I had him double covered.

I made a decision on that one possesion when I got the INT and took over inside the red zone that I was going to throw the ball in the end zone and use PA to get my man open. well of course it didnt work but at least I didnt get sacked. it was really a stupid decision now that I look back on it but playing conservative hasnt gotten me very far so I figured what the heck.

Yeah, that happens a lot some games...

Rorschach said:
:lol Jeeze all day yesterday my team couldn't hold on to an int to save their lives. I got tired of Michaels saying "...aaand he drops the interception..." so I muted my tv :( At least Woodson should get those easy ints. >:|

BTW- I was throwing to Moss all day...even in quadruple coverage. I didn't want to, but it's the right thing to do...or so I'm told.

DJ_Tet

Banned
GG newsguy, you had me on that one play, I still want to know what happened to my safety. I wish you could have instant replay online, wait, 2k had it?

Anyway, tough break on that fumble. And the lag, that's the first game I've had hit with lag, I was just as lucky you didn't catch the ball and go to the house on that fourth down as I was to get a pass defended. Terrible time for lag, on a fourth down conversion.

Matrix

Thankgod injuries for the whole season cant happen cause if I was ever forced to use Dave Ragone I would never win a game...what a bum.

KingV

Matrix said:
Glad I wasnt seeing things King,my eyes play tricks on me sometimes...I was ready to post a pic of me needing an eye exam :(

Thanks for that info fmt.

Problem is, I'm a pretty decent touch typist.... but on a natural style desktop keyboard, not so much on a laptop like the one I use to enter stats by the TV. Occasionally, I put in a wrong number (i.e. the number right next to the one I was supposed to put in). Like the one time I looked back at the game before and Stecker had 9 rushing TD's, pretty good for 2 attempts, if I do say so. I think I was the only one that caught that one though, and it's been fixed.

newsguy

DJ_Tet said:
GG newsguy, you had me on that one play, I still want to know what happened to my safety. I wish you could have instant replay online, wait, 2k had it?

Anyway, tough break on that fumble. And the lag, that's the first game I've had hit with lag, I was just as lucky you didn't catch the ball and go to the house on that fourth down as I was to get a pass defended. Terrible time for lag, on a fourth down conversion.

Hey man GG. You've forced me to use my recievers which is a good thing for both of us. I'm getting better at throwing to the outside and I'm sure I'll need it from here on out. I wasn't on IM cause I was doing some offline franchise stuff, but I got your message. Lag was bad but I'm not sure I would've completed that pass anyways. That big play was ridiculous, your safety must've evaporated. the way my guys were playing I was sure I would drop that pass :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
haha, oh man, look at the NFC East....

If I lose tonight it would make it a 5 way tie for first....HAHAHAHA

DCX

DCX
It will be a great race to the finish :) Especially in the NFC. Playoffs should be great, wish we could "watch" the game...kinda like spectator mode in PGR 3.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K Matrix can DEFINETLY throw the long ball again. Ugh. We played a practice game and he raped me in the first half.
Note: I was just using plays that I've never used before. And once Vick got hurt I think I actually did better with Schaub in the pocket. I don't understand this, maybe Matrix was blitzing less cause you he wasn't worried about Schaub or maybe I rely on Vick's speed to much and miss passes from the pocket cause I'm always moving. No clue right now.

I did work him over on the first play from scrimmage with my boy Duckett though. :D.
And I think we threw 9 or 10 interceptions between us. :lol. Thanks goodness for unranked games.

Fifty

I like to think it was his 2 games against me when I made him use the Colts that brought his passing back, if it is indeed back .:D Or maybe it was that game when I used Seattle and threw 9 touchdowns to D Jax. Maybe that's what lit a fire under him :D

Slo

Ramirez, when do you want to play our game? I'm free any night after say 9:30 central. Does that work for you?

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
haha, oh man, look at the NFC East....

If I lose tonight it would make it a 5 way tie for first....HAHAHAHA
This is your chance to break from the pack. YOU CAN DO EET!

As for me, I don't think I'll win another game in this year's Madden.

Top Bottom